(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Is this expression only usedwith guys named Jack?
是否这个表达只能用来 形容叫杰克的人呢?
JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES.
万事通杰克
You might think Anna and Jonathanare talking about a friend named Jack.
你可能认为安娜和乔纳森 在谈论一个叫杰克的朋友。

But you’d be wrong.Hey,I just got hired to bake a cake for my friend’s wedding!
但是你错了。 嘿,我刚刚被我朋友雇佣,为他们的婚礼烘焙蛋糕。
Wait. You’re a baker? I thought you were a reporter.
等等。你是个烘焙师?我原以为你是记者。
I am a reporter... and a baker.
我是记者,也是烘焙师。
Wow,you really are a jack-of-all-trades!And I can do this...
哇,你真是个万事通! 我还可以做到这个。
A jack-of-all-trades is a person who has many skills.
万事通表示一个人拥有众多技能。
Anna is a reporter, bakerand...can do that thing with her arms.
安娜是个记者,也是烘焙师, 还可以用胳膊做那样的动作。
Jack used to refer to a common, working man.
杰克之前常常用来形容一个常见的工作的男人。
But these days you can usethis expression for a man or a woman.
但现在这个表达方式用来形容男女都行。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!
