(单词翻译:单击)
I'm very happy. I'm very grateful for lots of things in my life.
我很高兴 很感激我生命中的很多东西
We just had a break for our holiday break.
我们刚刚度了个假
Did you have a wonderful break? A nice relaxing one?
你们假期玩的开心吗?放松了吗?
I did, too. I had a nice relaxing break.
我也是 度了个很放松的假
We had two weeks off, and Portia and I stayed home the entire time.
我们休息了两周 波西娅和我一直宅在家里
We didn't go anywhere. We have a house that's right on the ocean.
我们哪儿都没去 我们在海上有座房子
It's very relaxing, so we sat there and just enjoyed the ocean for, like, three or four minutes.
特别放松 我们就坐在那里 欣赏着大海 大概过了三四分钟
And then we were bored.
就感觉很无聊了
And Portia wanted to try paddleboarding because all these paddleboarders are out there.
然后波西娅想尝试桨板冲浪 因为有好多人在冲浪
And so I bought some paddleboards for Christmas,
所以我就为圣诞节买了些桨板
and then Portia kept saying, yeah, but what if there are sharks out there?
然后波西娅又一直说 嗯 万一遇上鲨鱼怎么办
Because, you know, she's scared of sharks.
因为她很怕鲨鱼
And I said, there's not sharks out there. It's winter.
我说 没有鲨鱼 现在是冬季呢
They're not here in the winter, and I had no idea if that was true or not.
冬天它们不出现的 我也不知道这种说法对不对
But I paid good money for those paddleboard, and she was going to use them.
但这些桨板花了不少钱 不能白白闲着
So the next day, Portia is getting ready to go out.
所以第二天 波西娅准备好出去了
She was all excited, and she's carrying the big heavy board in one hand and the paddle on the other.
她很激动 她一只手拿着又大又重的板子 另一只手拿着划板
And I was on the porch, and she's way out there.
我站在门廊上 她出去了
And she's waving or maybe she was saying, why aren't you helping?
她向我挥手 或许是在说 你怎么不过来帮忙
I don't know. Anyway, she's about to head into the water,
我不清楚 总之 她在往海里走
and we noticed that there was this boat circling, this small boat with, like, seven people.
我们发现有一艘船在那儿打转 那小船上大概有七个人吧
And they kept pointing, and they were leaning over the bow of the boat.
他们一直在指 往船头上靠
And they were just going in circles, and I mean, literally 20 feet out from the water, like, 20 feet out at most.
他们就原地打转 真的离水就20英尺 最多只有20英尺
And it kept circling. And finally, someone on the beach went like that, and they called out, eight foot great white.
船一直转圈 最后 沙滩上有个人这样 喊着8英尺的大白鲨
And we're like, well, that's the second worst thing you want to hear, right after our wedding has a cash bar.
我们当时想 这真是第二大不愿意听到的事情了 第一大是我们的婚礼上有个付现酒吧
But I think that-- I mean, they were seeing a great white shark eight feet right there.
但我觉得 我是说 他们看到了一头8英尺长的鲨鱼
And then, we're walking on the-- so Portia didn't go in.
然后我们在沙滩上走着 波西娅没有下水
And so we're walking on the sand a little ways, and there's another paddleboarder who'd just come in.
我们在沙滩上走着 遇到了一个刚来的冲浪者
And we told him about it. He goes, oh yeah. Earlier today, the 11 foot came at me.
我们跟他说了这件事 他说 哦 嗯 今天早点的时候 一头11英尺的鲨鱼从我面前游过
And I'm like, the 11 foot? What is that? Like, everyone knows the 11 foot?
我说 11英尺?那是什么?所有人都知道11英尺吗?
So there's an eight foot and an 11 foot shark out there, and I'm thinking, I should've kept the tags on those paddleboard sets.
所以海里有个8英尺和11英尺的鲨鱼 我当时在想 我不应该把冲浪板上的标签撕掉的
Why wouldn't I do that?
为什么要撕掉呢?
So anyway, we talked to this guy who goes out there all the time, and he said, they won't attack until they're adults.
总之呢 我们走到这个人那儿 他经常冲浪 他说 鲨鱼只有成年以后才会攻击人
And they're not adults until they're 12 feet long, but who's got a tape measure?
它们得长到12英尺才算成年 可是谁有卷尺啊
When you're out there, you're not going to just start trying to measure to see if it's 11 or 12.
你去玩的时候 总不能先量一下鲨鱼是11英尺还是12英尺呀
And I don't even understand how the sharks even know that.
我都搞不懂鲨鱼自己是咋知道的
Like, I want to eat that person, but I'm only 11 foot.
它们会想 我想吃人 可我只有11英尺
I got to wait another foot and I'll get you.
我得再长1英尺才能吃你
But I was right, sharks are not usually in the water this time of year.
不过我说的是对的 这个季节鲨鱼不怎么出现
They're supposed to go to Mexico, but because of the climate change, the water is warmer.
它们本来应该游到墨西哥去的 但是因为气候变化 海水变暖了
So they have stayed there.
所以它们还待在原地
They're probably worried if they go to Mexico, Trump's not going to let them back in.
它们可能在担心 如果去了墨西哥 特朗普就不让它们再回美国了
Sharks are smart. They know. So there's two reasons I'm telling you this story.
鲨鱼很聪明的 它们知道 所以我给大家讲这个故事有两个原因
First, if you're swimming in the ocean in Los Angeles or in the area, be careful.
第一 如果你在洛杉矶或这一地区的海洋里游泳 一定要小心
Second, if you're interested in two barely used paddleboards, I have beautiful ones for sale and I'll give you a good deal.
第二 如果你对两个几乎没用过的冲浪板感兴趣 我正好有两个特别好看的在卖 我会给你个大优惠的
I do not want to swim with sharks, but they're beautiful creatures and I think we should respect them.
我不想跟鲨鱼共游 不过它们是很美的生物 应该得到我们的尊重
We shouldn't harm them.
我们不应该伤害它们