(单词翻译:单击)
Well, we are right in the middle of spring, and this is when a lot of animals are mating.
现在正值春季 很多动物都在交配
I'm going to get right to it. That's what I do.
我马上就要开始了 我要这么做
I mean sure, some creatures mate year-round like lions, and dolphins, and Kardashians.
当然了 有些动物一年四季都交配 比如狮子 海豚 还有卡戴珊姐妹
But this is the busiest time for getting busy.
不过这是一年中最忙的时候
And we can really learn a lot from animals when it comes to finding a mate.
在求偶方面 动物真的能教会我们很多
Nowadays, people only know one way to find a mate, and that's swiping right.
现在 人们只知道一种找对象的方式 那就是往右滑
But before the show, we found out there's someone in the audience who's single and wants to meet someone, Steve Van Mierlo.
但节目开始前 我们发现观众中有人还是单身 而且想找对象 Steve Van Mierlo
Where's Steve?
Steve在哪里?
Hi. Hi, how are you? Not too shabby. Oh good, good.
嗨 嗨 你好吗?不算差 哦 很好 好
So who are you here with? I'm here solo, unfortunately.
你跟谁一起来的?我自己 很可怜
By yourself? Yeah. No, that's not unfortunately.
你一个人?对 不 那不可怜
You're having fun, aren't you? So much fun. Oh good, OK.
你玩得很开心 不是吗?很开心 很好 好
And so you're looking to mate with someone?
你想找对象?
I'm looking to fall in love, I'd say.
我更愿意说我想谈恋爱
OK, well that goes along with mating.
好 谈恋爱不就是搞对象嘛
You can do it in any order you want.
哪个先哪个后无所谓的
I don't really care. It's not my business how you do it.
我不在乎 你怎么做跟我没关系
So where do you live, and what do you do?
你来自哪里 做什么的?
I live in LA, actually. I work about 10 minutes from here at a startup.
来自洛杉矶 我在一家创业公司 离这里大概10分钟路程
Oh, great, at a startup. So maybe you're going to be very rich?
哦 很好 创业公司 那你以后可能是个大富翁喽?
That's the plan. No, say yes, I will. Yes, I will. Yes.
这是目标 不 直接说是就对了 是 我会的 好
Step up here. You're pulling me away from my light. Can't have that.
到这儿来 你把我弄的都打不到光了 那可不行
All right, so Steve, since you're going to be very wealthy and this is a great platform for you to attract a mate,
好 Steve 既然你以后是个大富翁 而且这是个找对象很好的平台
I'm going to give you some tips from the animal world because-- Oh, awesome. --because they work.
我要传授你一些动物界的技巧 哦 太棒了 因为真的很管用
We know that for sure. That's why they do it.
这点我们都清楚 就是有用它们才持之以恒的
Because they don't do it going, I wonder if this is going to work.
它们可不是边做边想 这到底有没有用
It has just worked from the beginning of time. OK.
而是从一开始就很有效 好
The mighty peacock. Let's look at the mighty peacock.
威猛的孔雀 我们来看一下威猛的孔雀
Take a look at this. This is what the peacock does.
看一下这个 孔雀是这么做的
The males, by the way, all male birds are brighter than females.
说一下 所有的雄孔雀毛色都比雌孔雀要亮一些
They have the color to attract, and they have their bright feathers, and they attract the females.
它们颜色好看 羽毛锃亮 是为了吸引异性
It's called peacocking, and that's why they spread their feathers like that.
叫做孔雀求爱 所以它们才会把羽毛展开
People think it's for different reasons. It's actually to attract a mate.
人们觉得孔雀这么做有不同的原因 通常是为了吸引异性
So let me get you a peacock coat. Andy? Love it.
所以我要给你件孔雀大衣 安迪?很喜欢
All right, we got that from the P.F. Chang's restaurant.
好 我们从P.F. Chang的饭店里借的这衣服
We just took that off the wall. They'll want that back.
直接从墙上拿下来的 还要还给他们
All right, this is the wire-crested thorntail hummingbird, and this is what it does.
好 这个是有羽冠的刺尾蜂鸟 它会这么做
Look how impressive that is.
看看多厉害
It goes back and forth and swings its long tail back and forth to attract the female.
它会前后动 长长的尾巴前后摆动 吸引异性
It whips its tail back and forth because it signals it's fit, because it's actually harder to carry around a large tail.
它尾巴前后摆动是为了表明自己很健康 因为拖着个大尾巴其实挺困难的
Tell me about it. Andy, bring out the tail.
可不是嘛 安迪 拿出尾巴来
Thank you. Let him handle it. He knows how to tie it.
谢谢 让他来 他知道怎么绑
All right, good. All right, let's see you whip it around.
好 很好 好 我们来看你左右摇摆
Yeah, whip it around. OK, good. And the peacock to it.
对 摇起来 好 很好 再加上孔雀
Yeah, and whip, and whip. Yeah, OK, good. All right.
嗯 摇摆 摇起来 对 好 很好 好
Here's what the Hooded seal does to attract a mate.
冠海豹会这么做去吸引异性
OK, that is not turning me on. I got to-- no, no. But let's give it a try.
好 我一点性趣都没有 我得 不 不 不过我们还是来试试吧
OK. Let's puff up your cheeks and see- no, that's not enough.
好 把你的腮帮子鼓起来 不行 还不够
That's not working. Andy, he needs bigger cheeks. OK.
没用 安迪 他需要更大的腮帮子 好
Whip the tail. All right, all right, all right. Stop it.
摇尾巴 好 好 好 停
You're turning me on. Finally, here is the peacock spider.
我都要有性致了 最后 还有一个孔雀蜘蛛
Now, here's the weird thing. We didn't even add music.
奇怪的是 我们根本就没放音乐
That music comes out in this spider while it does that.
那音乐是蜘蛛在摇屁股的时候发出来的
All right, it impresses the female by rigorously shaking his rump, so now you're going to put all that together.
好 激烈地抖屁股会让雌蜘蛛眼界大开 所以现在你要把这些都结合在一起
You're going to peacock, you're going to spread your wings,
你要孔雀展尾 要张开翅膀
you're going to whip the tail, and you're going to shake your rump.
要摇尾巴 还要甩屁股
Let's do it. All right, try it.
来吧 好 试试
How many single ladies are turned on right now in the audience?
观众里有多少单身女郎被挑逗起来了?
You know what? That was my problem, my fault, for limiting to single ladies.
你知道吗 是我的错 不应该局限于单身女郎
It should have been married ladies, men, anybody. It should have been--
应该还有已婚妇女 男人 任何人 我应该
Good luck to you.
祝你好运
I hope you find a mate, and as you dance back to your seat, let's see who you attract.
希望你能找到个伴侣 你跳舞回到座位上的时候 看看能吸引到谁
Go right ahead.
去吧
All right. She's trying to adjust your tail.
好 她在帮你调整尾巴
All right, you're down.
好 你坐下了
Hey listen, any ladies out there watching, contact us if you're interested in Steve and we will get you in touch with Steve.
听着 任何在看的女性 如果你对Steve感兴趣就跟我们联系 我们会帮你联系Steve
Because what a great guy that he actually just went along with that. So that alone.
能做到这些的人多棒呀 一个人
You can take the face off now, because I feel that that's not fair.
你可以把脸摘下来了 感觉不太公平