(单词翻译:单击)
I'm going to tell you a true story. This is a true story.
我要给大家讲个真实的故事 真实的
So and the names have been changed, but everything else is real.
名字改了 但其他一切都是真的
So I, Margaret, went to go see a psychic named Ron Dedlionda.
我 Margaret 去见了一名叫做Ron Dedlionda的巫师
All right, I'll just keep the name the same.
好吧 我不改名字了
All right, so it was me. It was 1998, and it was after I lost my sitcom.
好 其实是我啦 那是1998年 那时候刚刚丢掉了情景喜剧的工作
I came out, and I lost my sitcom. And I couldn't get a job.
我出柜了 所以丢掉了情景喜剧的工作 而且还找不到工作
And I didn't work for three years. I couldn't get a job for three years.
我三年都没有工作 3年都找不到一份工作
And I didn't know what I was going to do with my life.
我那时候不知道自己该怎么办
I was running out of money.
钱也快花光了
And I was thinking about becoming a meteorologist named Stormy Daniels. But--
当时在想我要成为一名叫做斯托米·丹尼尔斯的气象学家 但是
I'm glad that didn't happen. And so anyway, so I'm living in Ojai.
很庆幸没有那样 总之 我住在奥海
And someone suggested I see this psychic who lived across the street.
有人建议让我去看住在街对面的这位巫师
And at first, I was skeptical, because any way, I had nothing to lose.
起先的时候 我还半信半疑 因为无论如何 我已经没有什么可以失去了
And this is totally true.
这绝对是真的
I went to go see the psychic, and she lived in a tree house, which put me at ease,
我去看了这位巫师 她住在树屋里 这让我挺舒服的
because started to seem legitimate at that point.
因为那时候这还挺合法的
And at this time, I'm 42 years old, OK.
那一年我42岁 好
And she told me when I was 45, I would start a whole new career.
她告诉我 等我45岁的时候 会开始一段全新的事业
And it could last 20 years if I wanted it to.
而且只要我愿意 它就能持续20年之久
And you'll have more money than you've ever had.
你将拥有更多金钱
You'll be more famous than you've ever been.
享有从未有过的名誉
#SpoilerAlert. And so now I was really skeptical, because I was on the cover of Time Magazine at that time.
#剧透预警 那时候我不敢相信 因为当时我已经上过时代杂志的封面了
And I thought, how can I be more famous than that?
我想 还有什么能比这更让我出名呢?
That's pretty famous.
那已经很出名了
And so I'm 42 years old, which a lot of people don't start a new career in,
于是在我42岁的时候 很多人到这个年龄就不会再创业了
especially in this business, and especially after being kicked out, because you're gay.
尤其是在这一行 况且你还被别人撵走过 就因为你是同性恋
So I just thought all this was nonsense.
所以我那时候觉得这些都是胡说八道
And I thought 20 years-- what sitcom goes 20 years?
20年啊 什么情景喜剧能做20年
So anyway, I got offered this talk show.
总之呢 我拿到了这个脱口秀的通知书
And I started my first season when I was 45 years old.
在45岁的时候开始做第一季
And we're now in our 15th season.
如今已经是第15季了
Moral of the story-- if anyone asks you to meet a stranger in a tree house, do it, because--
故事寓意——如果有人让你去见住在树屋里的陌生人 一定要去 因为——