(单词翻译:单击)
I drove down the freeway and arrived about 20 minutes later.
我驱车上了高速公路,约二十分钟后到达那里 。
When I got to the club, I walked inside. The bar smelled of old beer, old cigarettes, and old men.
我走进俱乐部 。这个酒吧有老啤酒、老雪茄和老男人的味道 。
I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. I was here to speak to Lenny MacKay, an ex-employee of Pardo Computers.
我坐在吧台点了一杯酒 。我来这里是想找帕尔多电脑公司的前员工兰尼·麦基 。
"Excuse me, bartender," I said to the man serving the drinks, "I'm looking for Lenny, Lenny MacKay."
“请问,”我问那个酒保,“我想找兰尼,兰尼·麦基 。”
"I never heard of Lenny MacKay," he answered very quickly.
“我没听过兰尼·麦基这个人,”他迅速回答 。
"You got the wrong place. There ain't no Lenny MacKay working here."
“你找错地方了 。这里没有兰尼·麦基 。”
I looked into his eyes, and I knew he was lying.
我看着他的眼睛,我知道他在撒谎 。
I got up from the bar and walked to the back of the place. There was a door to the left.
我离开吧台,走向后边 。左边有一扇门 。
The door had a sign on it that said, "DO NOT ENTER." I entered.
门上挂着“禁止进入”,我走了进去 。
"Hey!" A man yelled at me as I went into the back room. "Who are you?"
“嘿!”我走进时,一个男人冲我吼道 。“你是谁?”
"I'm looking for Lenny MacKay. Are you Lenny?"
“我要找兰尼·麦基 。你是兰尼么?”
"Yeah, I'm Lenny. Now who are you?" he replied.
“我是 。你是谁?“他回答道 。
"My name's Reeves. Look, I'm not here to waste your time. I just want to ask you a few questions.
“我的名字叫做里夫斯 。听着,我来不是想浪费时间 。我就是想问你几个问题 。
Now, where were you two days ago, at about 8:30 in the morning?"
两天前的早上八点半左右,你在哪?”
"I was in Las Vegas with my girlfriend. Ask her. She'll tell you that I was with her."
“我和我女朋友在拉斯维加斯 。去问她,她会告诉你我和她在一起的 。”