(单词翻译:单击)
"Let's see if we can get into their apartment and take a look around," I suggested.
“看看我们能不能进去,”我建议到 。
We walked into the large, white building, and up to the third floor.
我们走进了这个白色的大楼,并上到三楼 。
Anne got an extra key from the apartment manager so we could go in.
安妮从公寓经理那里拿到了备用钥匙,所以我们可以进去 。
"Apartment number 306, Anne?" I asked her.
“306号公寓,是么,安妮?”我问她 。
"Yes. Here's the key," she answered.
“是的 。这是钥匙,”她回答 。
"Let me open the door." I took the key from her. I opened the door very slowly.
“我来开门 。”我从她手里拿过钥匙 。慢慢地开门 。
One thing I learned from my work as a bodyguard:
从保镖的工作中,我所学到的一件事是:
Be careful when opening a stranger's door. You never know what's behind it.
开陌生人家的门时要小心 。你根本不知道门后边有什么 。
I opened the door slowly. I went in first, making sure everything was okay before Anne followed.
我慢慢地开门 。我首先进去,确保里边一切正常,再让安妮进来 。
The living room was large and full of expensive things: a big- screen television, a fancy stereo,
客厅很大且满是昂贵的物件:大屏电视机、昂贵的立体声响、
a CD player, two big, brown leather chairs, and a comfortable-looking sofa.
CD播放器、两个棕色皮革的大椅子,以及一个看起来很舒适的沙发 。
The living room alone was bigger than my entire apartment.
单客厅就比我的整个公寓大两倍 。
"My God, it smells like beer and cigarettes in here! Bill and Sarah don't even smoke," Anne said.
“天啊,这里有啤酒和香烟的味道!比尔和萨拉都不抽烟,”安妮说 。