(单词翻译:单击)
How many people here watch TV?
在座的有多少人看电视
Me too. Me too.
我也看 我也看
I was flipping through the channels the other day and I stopped on Miss NBC, and-- MSNBC.
前几天我随意调台的时候 调到了NBC女士频道 MSNBC
I thought it was a channel for ladies. I thought it was Miss NBC.
我以为是专门给女性开设的频道呢 我以为是NBC女士
MSNBC? OK, good to know. All right, anyway, so I saw this.
是MSNBC 好 很好 总之 我看到了这个
Senator, who else is on your real list? I heard it's an animal.
参议员 还有谁在你的真实名单上 我听说是只动物
Well, not exactly. But Ellen DeGeneres, thank you so much.
也不完全是 不过艾伦·德杰尼勒斯 非常感谢你
In the middle of all this national chaos and disgrace, people may have missed this.
在这场全国噪乱和不雅中 人们可能会遗忘这些东西
But last year the administration recommended allowing-- again, overriding President Obama--
不过去年 政府建议允许 再一次推翻奥巴马
to bring in trophy animals-- in other words, the parts of elephants or other great species in the United States.
允许动物战利品 换句话说 就是大象牙或者美国其他伟大物种的某个身体部分
Donald Trump took a stand.
唐纳德·特朗普表了态
And he overruled it, and he banned it until last week, when he reversed himself, I assume after meeting with the NRA.
他否决了这项规定 他禁止这么做 直到上个星期 他又改变了心意 估计是因为跟NRA谈话了
Ellen DeGeneres has brought this into national focus and she has made this into a central issue.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯让全国民众注意到了这一点 她把这变成了核心问题
Ellen, well done. Yeah. So yeah.
艾伦 做得好 好 没错
That's-- That right there is New Jersey Senator Robert Torricelli, and thank you, Senator.
那位是新泽西州的参议员罗伯特·托里拆利 谢谢你 参议员
Bob and I go way back. We-- I'm kidding. I don't know him.
鲍勃和我还倒回去看了 假的 我不认识他
But I appreciate what he said. So thanks so much for doing that.
不过我很感谢他说的话 非常谢谢你能这么做
And yeah, it's true.
没错 这是真的
When this first happened back in November, I started talking about this on the show-- banning elephant trophies.
11月第一次发生这件事的时候 我开始在节目上说这件事 禁止大象战利品
And I guess the president heard me, because the next day he changed his mind and decided to protect the animals.
估计总统听见我说的话了 因为第二天他就改变主意 决定保护这些动物
I'm not saying that I'm powerful, but I have turned a lot of people gay. And um--
我不是说自己很牛 不过我把很多人都掰弯了
Now-- so now Trump has changed his mind again.
所以 特朗普又改变主意了
Did he think we would forget?
他觉得我们会忘了吗
I'm as famous for my memory as elephants are.
我的记忆力可是和大象有一拼呢
I mean, like the time I did that thing at that place.
比如说 我在那个地方干了那件事
I don't remember the details, but I do remember I did something.
我不记得细节了 只记得我做了件事
But Mr. President, I am begging you to change your mind and protect these majestic animals.
不过 总统先生 我请求你改变主意保护这些雄伟的动物
Don't make me tweet about this.
可别让我因为这事儿发推特
I-- I don't want to get into a battle of words or anything.
我不想引发口水战或其他事情
Don't make me tweet about it.
千万别逼我发推特
You like to tweet, but I have a Twitter account too, and mine's much bigger than yours.
你喜欢发推特 我也有推特账户 我的粉丝可比你多多了
So-- just-- elephants aren't trophies.
所以 还是 大象不是战利品
They're beautiful creatures and they need to be protected.
它们是美丽的生物 需要被保护
I am passionate about protecting them, and I'm going to keep talking about it here.
我一直致力于保护它们 我还会在节目上继续说这个事情
And I hope they keep talking about it on M-- Miss NBC and Mr. NBC.
我也希望NBC女士和NBC先生继续谈论这件事