(单词翻译:单击)
I want to remind you and, you probably know this already, but my wife, Portia, gave me the most amazing gift for my 60th birthday.
我想说一下 大家可能知道 不过我妻子波西娅 她给了我最棒的60岁生日礼物
She set up the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund, which is, it's a fund that supports my wild life.
她成立了艾伦·德詹尼斯野生动物基金会 是用来支持我狂野生活的
No, it's to raise money, so I can build my very own gorilla campus in Rwanda.
不 是用来筹钱 让我在卢旺达建造自己的大猩猩营地的
And hopefully the gorillas will stay longer than I did at college.
希望大猩猩的寿命能比我在大学的时间要长吧
But I love all animals, as you know. But gorillas need our protection right now.
我喜欢动物 大家知道 不过大猩猩迫切需要我们的保护
Because there are only about 800 mountain gorillas left in the world.
因为全世界大约只剩下800只山地大猩猩了
And it's hard to know exactly how many because they don't fill out the census forms.
很难知道确切有多少只 因为它们不会填人口普查表
But they think it's about 800. And since I'm building this campus,
但人们觉得大约是800 既然我要建这个营地
I want to educate people about the importance of protecting these amazing creatures.
我想跟大家说一下保护这些美妙动物的重要性
So gorillas share--and humans share 98% of the same DNA, which is amazing.
大猩猩和人类享有98%的共同基因 这太神奇了
I mean I'm pretty sure I have cousins I have less DNA sharing with.
我跟我堂兄弟的共同基因还没这么多呢
Gorillas are highly intelligent. They can learn sign language.
大猩猩很聪明 它们能学会手语
They know the meaning of over 2,000 words.
它们知道2000多个单词的含义
I didn't even know we had 2,000 words.
我都不知道我们竟然有2000多个单词呢
They live with their families.
它们和家人一起生活
One of them is the leader and is in charge to up to 30 family members.
其中一只是领袖 管控着高达30名成员的大家族
They're fascinated by their own reflections.
它们很迷恋自己
They spend most of the day grooming each other.
一天中多数时候都在互相打理
They're basically the Kardashians of the animal kingdom.
它们就是动物界里的卡戴珊姐妹
They're really, really good climbers.
它们非常非常擅长攀爬
I once saw this documentary where a gorilla climbed the Empire State Building holding a beautiful woman.
我看过一个纪录片 一只大猩猩爬上了帝国大厦 手里举着一个美女
I'm thinking of King Kong, I'm sorry. But they're powerful.
我说的是《金刚》 不好意思 不过它们很强大
They're very, very strong. On the average, the gorillas are six times stronger than a human.
非常强壮 平均来说 大猩猩比人强壮六倍
That's like the strength of like 40 David Spades. So you can imagine.
那相当于40个大卫·斯佩德的力量 你们想象一下
There's something that gorillas probably don't want us to talk about.
有个事儿大猩猩可能不想让我们说
Apparently, the silverback gorilla has a very small-- how do I put this-- banana.
很明显 银背大猩猩有很小的——怎么说呢——香蕉
We're all clear I'm talking about penises right?
都知道我说的是生殖器吧?
So their a, their, their a-- I just want to be clear.
它们 它们 我就是想确保一下
I know just-- I don't want to say penis, so I'm saying banana. OK.
我不想说老二 所以就说香蕉 好
So their banana is about one to three inches and that's fully peeled.
它们的香蕉大概只有一到三英寸 还是全部剥完的状态
And my question is, how do they even know this?
我的问题是 人们是怎么知道的?
Whose job is that to find out?
这是谁负责的工作?
All right, Jones, you're going to track the migration of these amazing animals.
好 琼斯 我们来追踪这些神奇动物的迁徙
And McGillicuddy you're going to look at their social skills.
McGillicuddy 你去观察它们的社交技巧
And the new guy, here's a tape measure.
新来的 给你个卷尺
And I'll let you know later what that's going to--
我一会告诉你是干啥用的
The thing that's most amazing about these gorillas is how compassionate they are.
大猩猩最让人震惊的是它们超有同情心
This is true. Gorillas will go out of their way to protect humans.
这是真的 大猩猩会挺身而出保护人类
And there are certain cases where gorillas have stopped humans from walking into a poachers trap.
有一些这样的先例 大猩猩阻止人们走进猎人的陷阱
That's pretty amazing. That's how compassionate they are.
很厉害呀 它们就是这么有爱心
Meanwhile, there are a lot of humans who honk their horns the second the light turns green.
与此同时 还有很多人灯一变绿就开始拼命按喇叭
They're-- The least we can do is show the same compassion for gorillas as they do for us.
他们 我们至少能像大猩猩对待我们那样 对它们多一点同情心
And I happen to know a great way you can do that.
我碰巧知道一种很好的方法
You can donate to the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund.
你可以给艾伦·德詹尼斯野生动物基金会捐款
And to everyone watching, every dollar counts.
所有在收看的人 每一分钱都很重要
Even if everyone watching sent $1, or $5, or $100, or $1,000, whatever.
即便每个在看的人捐出1美元 5美元 或者1000美元
I'm not saying to take out a mortgage on your house, but I'm not not saying it.
又不是要让你把房子给抵押了 不过也没说不可以啊
Just whatever feels right to you. I'm going to go to Rwanda soon.
你想怎么来就怎么来 我很快就要去卢旺达啦
And I can't wait. I'm so excited about this.
迫不及待啊 太激动了
A few years ago, my writer, Jason, traveled there and visited the same national park where my research center is going to be built.
几年前 我的编剧詹森去过那里 参观了一家国家公园 而我的研究中心恰好就要建在那里
And while he was there, this is what I'm going to see, this is video he took.
他在那儿的时候 这就是我将看到的景象 这是他拍的视频