(单词翻译:单击)
Hey, Lucija. How are you doing today?
嘿,露西佳 。你今天过得怎么样?
Hi, Kaveh! I'm doing great!
嗨,卡维,我今天过得不错!
My family is in town so we're doing a lot of sightseeing.
我的家人在城里,所以我们做了很多观光活动 。
Actually, can you Lend me your car, so I can take them on a little trip?
事实上,你能把你的车借我吗?这样我就能带他们去旅行了 。
Depends on what day need it.
这要看你哪天需要了 。
And I'll have to Borrow your motorcycle. I still need to get to work.
而且我还得借你的摩托车 。我得去上班 。
Sure, that works! I can Lend you my motorcycle and I'll Borrow your car.
当然,成交!我可以把我的摩托车借你,我借你的汽车 。
Great! And I'll probably need to Borrow your helmet too. Safety first!
好的!我可能还需要借你的头盔 。安全第一!
Welcome to Everyday Grammar.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目 。
Lucija and I were just talking about Borrow and Lend.
我和露西佳刚刚在讨论Borrow与Lend 。
Those two common verbs are often difficult for English learners to understand.
对英语学习者来说,这两个常用动词通常很难理解 。
Lend means to give something to someone temporarily, expecting to get it back.
Lend是指暂时把某物给某人,并希望把它拿回来 。
While Borrow means to get something from someone temporarily, expecting to give it back.
Borrow指暂时从某人那里得到某物,并期望归还 。
Wait a minute! Those sound really similar.
等一下!这两个词听起来很相似 。
Ok, let's try again. You use lend when you give something to someone but will get it back.
好吧,我们再解释一遍 。当你给某人某物并把它拿回来时,使用Lend 。
Give something. Get it back later. Got it!
给某物,随后拿回来 。明白了!
And you use Borrow when you get something from someone and will give it back later.
当你从别人那里得到某物再把它归还时,使用Borrow 。
Ok, Lend equals to give then get back.
好吧,Lend等于给出去,然后再拿回来 。
Borrow equals to get then give back.
Borrow等于拿到再还回去 。
Susan lent Bill 20 dollars.
苏珊借给比尔20美元 。
Susan borrowed her sister's jacket.
苏珊借了她姐姐的夹克衫 。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的全部内容 。