(单词翻译:单击)
These are the same kind of women I imagine, you go to their homes and you always see this lovely, lovely clear plastic fitted slip covers over their sofas.
这跟我想象的女人一样 你走进她们的家里 总是能看到这种超可爱的透明塑料家居套盖在沙发上
Their lampshades. This to me is like keeping the plastic on your dry cleaning while you're wearing it.
还有灯罩 我觉得这就像是穿干洗衣的时候还得套层塑料
Ellen DeGeneres is a comedienne.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯是一名喜剧女演员
And the performance you just saw won her the title of The Funniest Person in Louisiana, for a Showtime competition on Cox Cable Network.
您刚才看到的表演赢得了Cox有线电视上好戏上演比赛的路易斯安那州“最有趣的人”的称号
People laugh at things that they can relate to. Things that happened every single day.
人们会为跟自己有关的事大笑 每天都在发生的那些事
Good evening, my name's Tammy Jeannine.
晚上好 我是Tammy Jeannine
Would you welcome, Ellen DeGeneres. Ellen.
欢迎艾伦·德杰尼勒斯 艾伦
Yeah, hi God, this is Ellen. Listen, if you weren't to b-- sure I'll hold on.
嗯 嗨 天 这是艾伦 听着 如果你想 我当然会等着了
Somebody's at the gate. That's very good. Thank you. Thank you. Yeah.
大门那儿有人 很好 谢谢 谢谢 嗯
That's very clever and very fresh.
很聪明也很新颖
Wow, that's wonderful hearing that from you.
哇 听到你这么说真是太好了
After 14 years as a stand comedian, she starred in last season's highest rated new TV show.
做了14年的单口喜剧演员以后 她出演了上个季度播放率最高的新电视节目
Ellen's show is a consistent top 10 hit.
艾伦的节目热度始终在前十
Well, Ellen DeGeneres, is certainly on the fast track.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯很明显在迅速崛起
She's one of the top female comedians on television.
她是电视上数一数二的女喜剧演员
Has there ever been anyone you felt you clicked with?
你有觉得自己喜欢过谁吗?
And what was his name? Susan.
他叫什么?苏珊(女子名)
Why do I have to be so ashamed? I mean, why can't I just say the truth.
我为什么要觉得羞耻?为什么就不能说出实情呢
I mean, be who I am. I'm 35 years old. I'm so afraid to tell people. I mean, I just--
做真正的自己 我现在35岁 我很害怕告诉别人 我是说
Susan, I'm gay. Why was it necessary for you to come out? Tell the public.
苏珊 我是同性恋 你为什么要出柜?告诉大家
Why was it necessary for the character to do so? Because it's OK. Because it is OK.
这个角色为什么要出柜?因为这没关系的 真的没关系
I know, as a celebrity, the most important thing I'll ever do is to stand up and make a difference for those who need voices to speak for them.
我知道 作为名人 我要做的最重要的事就是站出来 为那些需要声张的人做出改变
This has been quite a journey for me. To lead to this night.
这一路走来真是不容易 一直到今晚
Because since I made the decision to come out three years ago, I-- easy for you to say. Yeah.
因为我三年前决定出柜以后 我 你们站着说话不腰疼啊 嗯
You are a role model to me, both before, and especially after you came out.
你是我的榜样 以前就是 你出柜以后就更是了
I'm sorry. And I just want to thank so much you for coming out.
不好意思 我就是想谢谢你能出柜
Because you give me so much hope that I can be normal and fulfill my dreams.
因为你给了我希望 让我觉得自己很正常 还能去实现梦想
So, thank you. I got to be stripped down of everything and start all over again.
谢谢你 我得抛下一切从零开始
And that was a wonderful gift. To realize that I was strong enough to come back.
那是一份很棒的礼物 意识到我很强大 完全可以从头再来
Ellen DeGeneres is one of television's hottest new stars.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯是电视上最火的新星之一
Well, not really new. Just newly reinvented.
当然了 也不是那么新 只是最近又重新出道的
I think, you know, I'm more comfortable in my skin than I've ever been.
我觉得 我比以前任何时候都对真实的自己感到舒服
She's pulled off what's been called one of the greatest show business comebacks of all time.
她经常出现在最优秀的商业节目回放中
When I'm on stage, I feel like I have a purpose. I feel like I'm here contributing to this planet.
站在台上的时候 我觉得自己有使命感 我觉得我就是为这个星球做贡献的
If you haven't heard, the California Supreme Court overturned a ban on gay marriage.
如果你们还没听说 加州最高法院推翻了同性恋婚姻禁令
So I would like to say, right now, for the first time, I am announcing, I am getting married.
所以现在 我想说 这是第一次 我宣布 我要结婚了
You have to acknowledge the people affected by Hurricane Katrina.
你得承认受卡特里娜飓风影响的人
This is the worst disaster in the history of the United States.
这是美国史上最糟糕的灾害
Ellen has helped raise over 10 million dollars for--
艾伦帮忙筹集了1000多万美元
They want to give Whitney Elementary School $100,000. Oh my god.
他们想给惠特尼小学10万美元 天啊
And thanks to Ellen DeGeneres, one group of local students won't have to worry about college tuition.
对亏了艾伦·德杰尼勒斯 有一群当地学生不用再担心大学学费了
We reached out to the people at Wal-Mart.
我们联系了沃尔玛的工作人员
And they want to give each one of you a four year scholarship.
他们想给你们所有人四年的奖学金
I just want to say thank you. Because for five years you've been my chemo buddy every night.
我只想说谢谢你 五年来你都是我的化疗伙伴
And you've helped me go to sleep with a laugh.
你帮助我微笑入眠
And I just thank you from the bottom of my heart.
从心底里谢谢你
And I say this with just the deepest love for you.
我带着深深的爱意跟你说这些
You make everybody feel better. You, make everybody feel better.
你让所有人都感觉好多了 你 让所有人都感觉好多了
Turn off the news. Turn on Ellen. You will feel better. Changing hearts and minds.
关掉新闻 打开艾伦秀 你一定会感觉更好的 改变人心和思想
I don't think anybody's been more influential than you are.
我觉得你的影响力无人能比
You, being willing to claim who you were, then suddenly it empowers other people.
你愿意说出真实的自己 这突然间就让别人有了力量
And then attitudes shift. And the laws followed.
然后人们的态度就发生了改变 立法也随之而来
But it started with folks like you. Thank you. That's really sweet.
但是你这样的人带的头 谢谢 很贴心
Thanks a lot. Thank you. I started out as a comedian.
非常感谢 谢谢 我是喜剧演员出身
And I wanted to make people happy. And I wanted to make people laugh.
我想让人们开心 想让人们开怀大笑
And this has turned into something so much better for me.
这也变成了对我来说更美好的事情
That I get to change people's lives.
我能影响人们的一生