(单词翻译:单击)
We were talking to your husband about this when we spent some time with him.
我们和你丈夫在一起的时候就在聊这个
And I personally feel frightened.
我个人还是挺害怕的
I feel like the world is a very scary place right now.
我感觉现在世界是个很可怕的地方
And I do a show every single day where I'm supposed to make people happy and forget about what's going on in the world.
我每天做这个节目 就是为了让大家开心 暂时忘掉外面的纷扰的
What is your take on what's happening? Yeah, people are afraid.
你觉得现在是什么情况?没错 人们很害怕
But then there are people who feel good about the direction of the country.
但也有人对这个国家的前进方向感觉良好
So that's what makes this country complicated, because it's made up of so many different people from different backgrounds.
这就使得这个国家很复杂了 因为有很多来自不同背景的不同的人
We are this mosh pit of society. And sometimes, there's a rub.
就像一锅大杂烩 有时候会出现小摩擦
But the thing that we have to remember, the thing I learned in the eight years that I was in the White House,
但有一点要记得 我在白宫的八年学会的一件事是
was that what we do every day in our lives, the good things that we do every day, and we know we do it-- we show empathy.
我们每天所做的事 每天做的善事 就是我们有同理心
We care for each other. We do have a lot in common.
我们互相关照 我们有很多共同点
That's what it means to lead with hope and not fear.
这就是用希望领导而不是恐惧的含义
And that's all we have is hope.
我们所拥有的就是希望
So I would just encourage your viewers, the country, to do the things we do every day, to love each other, to take care of each other, to show empathy.
所以我希望观众 这个国家 每天都做我们所做的事 相亲相爱 互相照顾 有同理心
And you can't do that only when people make you feel good or safe.
只有别人让你感觉良好和安全的时候 你才能做到这些
We've got to do it all across the board. We have to be an open-hearted nation.
全国上下都得这样 我们应该胸怀宽阔
And that's who we are. And that's the truth of who we are. We can't lose sight of that. Yeah.
那才是我们 那才是我们的真面目 我们不能遗忘那一点 嗯
So let's just keep living our lives like that every single day and forget what they're saying in Washington.
我们每天都应该像那样生活 忘记他们在华盛顿说的话
That's not necessarily who we are. We know who we are.
那不一定是我们 我们知道自己什么样
And I know who this country is, because I went out to towns and cities all over the place.
我知道这个国家是什么样 因为我去过各地的城镇
And even if people didn't agree with me or my husband, they were kind.
就算人们的想法不同于我和我的丈夫 他们也是善良的
They were hard-working. They were trying to do the right things every day.
他们努力工作 努力做正确的事
And that's what we have to remember about each other. That's who we are.
我们一定要记住这一点 那才是我们
So I'm grateful to all of you for the work you've done. I am too. I am too.
我很感谢你们每一位的辛勤付出 我也是 我也是