(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If something is too thin, it may not be strong.
如果某物太薄,它可能就不牢固 。
But does this expression have anything to do with size or weight?
但这句表达会和尺寸或重量有关系吗?
Spread yourself too thin
分散太多精力
There you are. I haven’t seen you in the office all week. Oh, I have been here.
原来你在这 。我一整周都没在办公室看到你 。哦,我一直在的 。
But with all these new projects, all I do now is go to meetings.
但是现在有这些新的项目,我唯一能做的就是开会 。
I don’t even have time to do...actual work!
我甚至没时间去做实际工作!
Sounds like you have spread yourself too thin, mister!
听起来你分散太多精力了,这位先生!
You are right about that.
你说对了 。
If you “spread yourself too thin”, you are doing a lot of things, perhaps too many, at the same time.
如果你“spread yourself too thin”,表明你在做很多事情,可能事情太多,而且要同时进行 。
Because of this, it is hard to perform any of these activities especially well.
因为如此,你很难把任何一项活动进行得特别好 。
People who “spread themselves too thin” may feel tired and overworked.
“分散太多精力”的人可能会感到疲惫和工作过度 。
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目 。