(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Going off the deep end sounds dangerous.
大发雷霆听起来很危险 。
Off the Deep End
大发雷霆
I wonder if Jonathan and Anna will need special equipment to explain this expression.
我想知道乔纳森和安娜是否需要特设设备来解释这个表达 。
I heard that John got kicked out of a restaurant last night. What happened?!
我听说昨天晚上约翰被人从饭店里赶了出来 。怎么回事?!
It was crazy! So, we were eating dinner and I just asked him about his new job.
太不可思议了!当时我们在吃饭,我就问了一下关于他新工作的事 。
Didn't you hear? He got fired yesterday.
你没听说吗?他昨天被炒鱿鱼了 。
No, I didn't. But he totally went off the deep end, yelling and throwing food.
没有,我不知道 。但是他就大发雷霆,大喊大叫,还到处扔食物 。
The deep end in a swimming pool is where the water is the deepest.
游泳池里的深端是指水最深的地方 。
In spoken American English, to go "off the deep end" means to lose control of your emotions, usually anger or sadness.
在美式英语的口语中,“off the deep end”是指情绪失控,通常是指失去对愤怒和悲伤的控制 。
And taht's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!