Got Our Work Cut Out For Us 有很多事等着我们做
日期:2017-12-10 15:46

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "got our work cut out for us", from the film "Norm of The North."
我们今天的短语是got our work cut out for us,出自电影《北极移民》。
This movie is about a polar bear and his animals friends.
这部电影讲述的是一只北极熊和他的动物朋友的故事。
They go to New York City and try to stop a rich man from building on their home in the Arctic.
他们前往纽约,试图阻止一个富豪在他们位于北极的家建造建筑。
Listen for the phrase "got our work cut out for us".
留意听一下got our work cut out for us这个短语。
We've really got our work cut out for us.
真的有很多事等着我们做。
What could a bear like me do in a city like this?
一只像我这样的熊,在这样一座城市里能做什么?
I'm going to be so rich when I sell off the Arctic.
当我把北极出售之后,我就会变得非常富有了。
It's going to be condos, shopping malls. That's my home!
那里马上就会有公寓、购物中心。那是我的家!

电影《北极移民》

So what do you think "got our work cut out for us" means?
你觉得got our work cut out for us是什么意思呢?
Is it: this will take a lot of work or our work will be cut?
是这会花费很大功夫还是我们的工作会被砍掉?
We've really got our work cut out for us.
真的有很多事等着我们做。
I'm going to be so rich when I sell off the Arctic.
当我把北极出售之后,我就会变得非常富有了。
It's going to be condos, shopping malls. That's my home!
那里马上就会有公寓、购物中心。那是我的家!
"Got our work cut out for us" means that this will take a lot of work.
Got our work cut out for us的意思是这会花费很大功夫。
After Norm arrives in New York City, he understands he and his friends have a big job to do.
在诺姆来到纽约之后,他明白自己和朋友有很重要的事情要做。
Defeating the rich man's attempt to destory their Arctic home will be hard.
阻止富翁试图破坏他们北极的家,会非常困难。
If you start a big new project, you also may say you have your work cut out for you.
当你开启了一项大的新项目,你也可以说you have your work cut out for you。

分享到