Somebody Got The Better Of Us 某人占了上风
日期:2017-09-24 16:48

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's expression is "somebody got the better of us," from the movie Now You See Me 2.
今天的词句是somebody got the better of us,出自电影《惊天魔盗团2》。
This film is about people who do magic shows.
这部电影讲述的是一群出演魔法秀的人。
A tricky businessman forces them to steal something important.
一位狡猾的商人强迫他们去偷某件重要的物品。
Watch for the phrase "somebody got the better of us."
留意一下somebody got the better of us这个短语。
We jumped off a rooftop in New York and we landed in China.
我们从纽约的一个屋顶跳下来,落到了中国。
How is this possible?
这怎么可能?
Somebody got the better of us. OK? Somehow.
有人战胜了我们。好吧?不知何故。
Yes, you were lured into a trap.
是的,你被引诱进入了一个陷阱。

电影《惊天魔盗团2》

So what does that mean "somebody got the better of us?"
那么,somebody got the better of us是什么意思呢?
Somebody is better than you or someone defeated you?
是某人比你更出色还是某人打败了你?
Listen again and see if you are correct.
再听一遍,看看你的理解是否正确。
We jumped off a rooftop in New York and we landed in China.
我们从纽约的一个屋顶跳下来,落到了中国。
How is this possible?
这怎么可能?
Somebody got the better of us. OK? Somehow.
有人战胜了我们。好吧?不知何故。
Somebody got the better of us means someone defeated you.
Somebody got the better of us意指你被某人击败。
In the movie, there is a businessman who forces the magicians to steal something important.
在这部电影中,一个商人迫使魔术师们去窃取重要的东西。
When the woman says, "somebody got the better of us", it means the magicians had to do something they did not want to do.
当这个女人说somebody got the better of us时,她想表达的是魔术师们不得不去做他们不想做的事,
If someone gets the better of you, usually it is not a good thing.
如果某人对你占了上风,那通常就不是一件好事了。

分享到