(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Sailing on a ship can be a fun way to travel. But are Jonathan and Anna talking about travel here?
乘船出游是旅行的一种有趣方式 。但是今天乔纳森和安娜谈论的话题与旅行有关吗?
That Ship Has Sailed
为时已晚
Hey, Jonathan. My friend Stella has changed her mind.
嗨,乔纳森 。我朋友斯特拉改变主意了 。
She would love to go out with your friend Rocky. That was months ago!
她愿意和你朋友洛基去约会了 。那都是几个月前的事儿了!
That ship has sailed. What do you mean? There’s always a chance for love!
为时太晚了 。你的意思是什么?永远有机会得到爱情!
Not this time. Rocky got married last week. Oh. You’re right. That ship has sailed.
可惜不是这次 。洛基上周结婚了 。噢 。你说的对 。为时已晚 。
When a ship sails it sets off on its trip.
船起航意味着它开始了某次航行旅程 。
The expression “that ship has sailed” means your chance to do something has passed.
这个短语表示你丢掉了做某件事的机会 。
Now, if you don’t like boating ot get seasick,you can also say “that train has left the station.”
如果你不喜欢划船,或者你晕船了,你也可以说“为时已晚了” 。
They both mean the same thing—you are too late!
这两个短语表示相同的含义,即为时已晚!
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!