(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We all know that medicine is what doctors give you to help you feel better.
我们都知道“药”是医生开给你用来缓解病情的 。
TASTE OF SOMEONE’S OWN MEDICINE
以彼之道,还施彼身
So, are Anna and Jonathan now giving drugs to people?
所以,安娜和乔纳森 现在开始给人开药了么?
Josh did it to me again! I invited him for a night of karaoke.
乔希又这样对待我! 我邀请了他来参加晚上的卡拉OK 。
He promised to go, but then didn’t show up! You should give him a taste of his own medicine.
他答应了来,但是没出现!你应该以彼之道,还施彼身
Next time he invites you to karaoke, say yes, but don’t go. I can’t do that. I love karaoke. I have to go!
下次他邀请你去卡拉OK, 你先答应,然后就别去 。我做不到 。我很喜欢卡拉OK 。我必须去!
Giving someone a taste of their own medicine means doing something to another person because he or she did it to you.
以彼之道, 还施彼身 意思是用别人对待你的方式 来对待他们 。
It is meant to send a message to the other person.
这是有意向别人传达这样的信息 。
So it is usually a bad thing-- like promising to go to karaoke,but then not going.
因此这样的事情是很不好的——比如答应了别人要去卡拉OK,但是最后却没有去 。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!