(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》!
This expression sounds like a lot of fun!
这个表达听起来好像很好玩!
To Play Up
渲染
But is this really about playing? Let's hear from Anna and Jonathan.
但它真的与玩耍有关吗?我们来听听安娜和乔纳森是怎么说的 。
Jonathan, have I got news for you! Okay, what is it!
乔纳森,我有好消息要告诉你哦!好吧,什么呀?
My friend Raquel asked a lot of questions about you. I think she likes you.
我朋友拉克尔问了很多关于你的问题 。我觉得她喜欢你呢 。
Wow! That's great! I play up the fact that you are a musician.
哇哦!太棒了!我狠狠渲染了一下你是音乐家这个事儿 。
Awesome! I knew this music degree would be useful one day!
棒极了!我就知道这个音乐学位迟早会派上用场!
To play up means to bring attention to something's importance.
“To play up”是指强调某件事的重要性 。
You play up something when you want to persuade an audience to notice it.
你想让听众注意到某件事的时候,你就会渲染它 。
You may also "play someone up," meaning to make that person seem especially good or important.
你还可以“渲染某个人”,意思是让这个人显得格外出色和重要 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!