身份案(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:一位女性委托者(9)
日期:2017-11-03 10:50

(单词翻译:单击)

"Most certainly it does. Your own opinion is, then, that some unforeseen catastrophe has occurred to him?"
"可以十分肯定这是有含义的。那么,你本人也认为他遇到了出乎意料的飞来横祸?"
"Yes, sir. I believe that he foresaw some danger, or else he would not have talked so.
"可不是吗,先生。我相信他预见到某些危险,否则他不会讲这样的话。
And then I think that what he foresaw happened."
之后,我想他所预见的事终于发生了。"
"But you have no notion as to what it could have been?" "None."
"不过,你没有想过可能发生什么事情吗?""没有。"
"One more question. How did your mother take the matter?"
"还有一个问题。你母亲是怎样对待这件事的呢?"
"She was angry, and said that I was never to speak of the matter again."
"她很生气,并且对我说,永远不要再提这件事了。"
"And your father? Did you tell him?"
"还有你父亲呢?你告诉他了吗?"

福尔摩斯探案集 身份案

"Yes; and he seemed to think, with me, that something had happened, and that I should hear of Hosmer again.
"告诉了,他似乎同我想法一样,是发生了什么事,但是我将会重新得到霍斯默的消息的。
As he said, what interest could anyone have in bringing me to the doors of the church, and then leaving me?
照他的说法,把我带到教堂门口就丢了,不管对任何人来说会有什么好处呢?
Now, if he had borrowed my money, or if he had married me and got my money settled on him, there might be some reason,
好,如果他借了我的钱,或者同我结了婚而我把财产转让给他,也许有点理由可说,
but Hosmer was very independent about money and never would look at a shilling of mine.
但是霍斯默在钱这个问题上是完全不依赖他人的,对我的钱,哪怕是一个先令,也是从来不屑一顾的。
And yet, what could have happened? And why could he not write
既然如此,还会发生什么事呢?为什么连信也不写一封呢?
Oh, it drives me half-mad to think of it, and I can't sleep a wink at night."
唉,想起来真把我逼得半疯半癫、通宵不能合眼。"
She pulled a little handkerchief out of her muff and began to sob heavily into it.
她从皮手笼里抽出一块手帕,蒙着脸开始痛哭起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • catastrophen. 大灾难,大祸,彻底失败
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • drivesn. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • winkn. 眨眼,使眼色,瞬间 v. 眨眼,使眼色,闪烁