身份案(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:进行初步推理(3)
日期:2017-11-16 10:55

(单词翻译:单击)

"It surprised me." "But, surely, it was obvious.
"这使我也感到惊奇。""可是一点不错,这是很明显的。
I was then much surprised and interested on glancing down to observe that,
我接着往下看去,很惊奇、又很感兴趣地观察到,
though the boots which she was wearing were not unlike each other, they were really odd ones;
尽管她所穿的两只靴子,并不是彼此不同的,而实际上却不是一对。
the one having a slightly decorated toe-cap, and the other a plain one.
一只靴尖上有带花纹的皮包头,另一只却没有。
One was buttoned only in the two lower buttons out of five, and the other at the first, third, and fifth.
一只靴子的五个扣子中只扣了下面两个,而另一只则扣上第一、第三和第五个扣子。
Now, when you see that a young lady, otherwise neatly dressed,
喏,当你看见一位青年妇女,穿戴得很整洁,
has come away from home with odd boots, half-buttoned, it is no great deduction to say that she came away in a hurry."
但出门时却穿着不配对的靴子,靴上扣子只扣上一半,那说明她离家时非常匆忙,这不能算是一个什么了不起的推论吧。"

福尔摩斯探案集 身份案

"And what else?" I asked, keenly interested, as I always was, by my friend's incisive reasoning.
"还有呢?"我问道,我的朋友透彻的推理,经常引起我强烈的兴趣。
"I noted, in passing, that she had written a note before leaving home but after being fully dressed.
"顺便说一说,我注意到她在走出家门之前写了一张字条,但是这张纸条是在穿戴好了之后写的。
You observed that her right glove was torn at the forefinger,
你观察到她右手套的食指那个地方破了,
but you did not apparently see that both glove and finger were stained with violet ink.
不过你显然没有看到手套和食指都沾了紫色墨水。
She had written in a hurry and dipped her pen too deep.
她写得很匆忙,蘸墨水时笔插得太深了。
It must have been this morning, or the mark would not remain clear upon the finger.
事情一定发生在今晨,否则墨迹不会清晰地留在手指上。
All this is amusing, though rather elementary, but I must go back to business, Watson.
这一切虽然都很简单,但却很有趣。不过我得回到正题上来,华生。
Would you mind reading me the advertised description of Mr. Hosmer Angel?"
给我念一念寻找霍斯默·安吉尔先生的那个启事好吗?"

分享到