枪杀黑人少年案引起轩然大波
日期:2017-10-24 08:54

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
6(1iFB%Rz)#w2DwD-ktgOP1xUT45^s3

You know, for the past couple of nights, here on the program, we've been dealing with the fallout from the Grand jury decision in Missouri
在前几期节目中,我们谈到了密苏里州陪审团的决定,
failing to indict the officer responsible for the shooting death of Michael Brown.
他们决定不起诉应对迈克尔·布朗被枪杀一案负责的警官
We did our best, here, to process those events,
我们已经尽力去消化这些事件,
even enjoyed, actually, a bit of fun at the expense of the St. Luis Rams and St. Louis Police Association Twitter war.
而且在这一过程中看到圣路易斯拉姆斯和圣路易斯警察联盟的推特大战还挺有趣的
And I know doing those bits helps no one, other than, maybe, us here at the show,
我知道我们所做的这些事帮不了任何一个人,除了,也许能帮到在场的我们,
individually, as a creative outlet, a catharsis, a way of processing emotion that might otherwise be undigested.
把这里当成一个宣泄情绪的出口,帮助我们解决掉那些无法发泄的情绪
By the way, that process brought to you by: Arby's.
顺便提一下,是因为Arby's的赞助你们才能有这样一个出口
Arby's, you think pain and grief are hard to digest.
Arby's,痛苦悲伤,不难消化
But, anyway, at least that process has begun.
但是,至少我们已经走到了这一步

SDJkNbD|so],(]2[

枪杀黑人少年案引起轩然大波

FDmNlI|DFqKn@

And we were glad to be able to move forward, ever so slowly,
我很高兴人们能够继续前进,即使步伐缓慢PlZYmdlxdydGW=O
hoping that we might, as a country, have a respite from these types of injustices,
我希望,我们国家不要再有这样的不公,
and we did have a respite for, maybe, oh, what time is it?
这样的不公似乎确实也变少了,现在几点了
No indictment in the death of Eric Garner, a Grand Jury in New York City
对埃里克·加纳死亡一案不起诉8W~8whv]9nM4tt-Z。在一名未携带武器的非裔美国男士被杀一案中,
has decided not to charge a white New York City police officer in the death of an unarmed African American man.
纽约陪审团决定不起诉造成其死亡的纽约白人警官0e0z5[DNEwSJjb0
I just, I don't know. I honestly don't know what to say.
我不明白,我真的不知道要说些什么
If comedy is tragedy plus time, I need more...time,
如果一场悲剧经过时间的洗礼会变成喜剧,那我会需要很长的时间B(y~dZ,(G4l
but I would really settle for less...tragedy, to be honest with you.
但我希望悲剧能更少一些,这是真话VeQ+u]0hHx)5@i5FYE
You know, I think what is so utterly depressing is that none of the ambiguities
令人失望的是,在弗格森一案中尚存在的一些疑点,
that existed in the Ferguson case exist in the Staten Island case, and yet the outcome is exactly the same.
在斯塔顿岛一案中完全不存在,然而两件案子的结果一模一样
No crime, no trial, all harm, no foul.
没有犯罪,没有审判,只有人民违法,没有警察违规
In Ferguson, at least you had conflicting witness testimony,
在弗格森一案中,至少还有证人证词冲突,
you had conflicting forensics, you had the specter, at least, of police self-defense.
至少还有法医取证矛盾,至少还存在警察自卫的可能性
But here, there is none of that.
但在这起案子中,以上那些一条都没有
The coroner called it a homicide.
有人说这是过失杀人
The guy's not acting threatening, and we know that, not through witness testimony,
但这个人没有表现出任何威胁性,这一点不是我们从证人证词中看到的,
unreliable biased standards, but because we are...watching it. Someone taped it.
不是从那些靠不住的有偏见的标准中看到的,是我们用自己的双眼见证的cUOzln)+Kk,gB#f|,b。有人有现场录音
A couple of days ago, the White House proposed more cameras on cop vests as a solution to this type of violence.
几天前,白宫提议在警察的背心上安装更多的摄像头以避免这种暴力行为再发生
I assume that the solution they're proposing, if implemented, would look something like the Eric Garner case.
我想,他们提议的这个方案,就算落实了,以后这类案子的结果跟埃里克·加纳一案的结果相比,也好不到哪去
I mean, maybe, to look at the bright side, we're about to save ourselves a load of money on cop camera vests.
如果我们往好的方面想,我们会发现可以省下一大笔给警察的背心装摄像头的钱
But, damn. We are definitely not living in a post-racial society,
但是,去他妈的r0s*%22&xRx9Er-Xh*。我们不是生活在一个后种族歧视的社会,
and I can imagine there are a lot of people out there wondering how much of a society we're living in at all.
我想一定有人想知道我们正生活在一个社会的哪一阶段
And, that's our show. So, cha-cha-cha.
以上就是我们今天的节目 恰 恰 恰
I don't know what to say, it just happened so I have not had a chance to really digest it.
我不知道说点什么好,这事儿刚刚才发生我还没能消化
I'm gonna need a segue, I'm gonna need a little piece of video footage to change the mood here.
我要恢复一下,我要看点儿别的视频来调整下情绪
Okay, it's nice, I like it.
嗯,不错,我喜欢
Although, in my current frame of mind, I can't help but wonder, oh, of course the white cat's getting a massage.
尽管我脑子里面还在想刚才的事*YA3_ME!|=aswwIGs7yQ。那只白猫明显很享受按摩C1BG(sBL[v

];bk.g&;QwgS-+%ti;NbNPl)bRYeJRtP&,vZ7.CMW%=nvoREh
分享到
重点单词
  • violencen. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历
  • garnerv. 贮藏,积累,得到 n. 谷仓 Garner: 加纳
  • testimonyn. 证明,证据
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • comedyn. 喜剧,滑稽,幽默事件
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • indictmentn. 控告;起诉书
  • outcomen. 结果,后果