(单词翻译:单击)
Hi, folks. My name is Benjamin and welcome back to www.engvid.com.
大家好,我是Benjamin,欢迎回到www.engvid.com。
Today we are having a look at phone conversations, and you're going to be learning to ask firstly
今天我们将学习电话交谈,首先要知道如何
whether the person you are ringing has time to speak, whether it's a good time to call,
询问对方是否有时间听电话,这个时间是否合适,
and then we're going to be looking at explaining to them why we are calling them. Okay?
之后我们将要向对方解释,给他们打电话的原因是什么。
So, let's get started.
那么,我们现在开始。
Now, checking they have time to speak, you would use this if you're...
现在,询问对方是否有时间听电话,
if you're phoning a friend or if you are a business calling an individual.
如果是和你的朋友打电话或是如果企业和个人之间的电话,
This is how we do it, so I can say: 'Is now a good time to call?' Okay?
我们会说:‘现在可以讲电话么?’
And here I have 'to call' in the infinitive.'Is now'-is right now, now-'a good time to call?'
这里‘to call’用到不定式。‘现在-就是现在-可以讲电话么?’
or I can say: 'Is this a good time to call?' Okay?
或者我可以说:‘可以讲电话么?’
Or I could say... If it's to a friend I might say: 'Are you busy, Jack? Are you busy?'
或者我可以说...如果是和朋友打电话,我可以说:‘现在忙么,Jack?’
This is more formal, this is more business talk. 'Are you free to talk?' Okay? It's probably better English.
而这一种就比较正式,更加商务英语化,‘你现在有空讲电话么?’这种或许会更好一些。
Now, here we have: 'Do you have...?' Do you have? Something you have. 'Do you have a minute?'
现在我们要学习:‘你有...?’,‘你有时间么?’
Obviously you don't have a minute in your pocket, but: Are you free to talk for one minute?
显然你的口袋里并没有一分钟,但是:你能抽出一分钟时间讲电话么?
'Do you have a minute to', and now we have two options:
‘你有时间...,现在我们这里有两个选择:
So we could: '...have a quick chat'. 'Do you have a minute to have a quick chat?' or: Do you have a minute to speak?
我们可以说:‘...简单说几句’。‘你有时间简单聊一些么?’或者“你有时间说话么?
'Speak' is more formal, it's better for important things.
‘Speak’比较正式,最好是说比较重要的事情。
'To have a quick chat' is maybe you're working and someone has done something bad,
‘快速聊几句’,是指可能在工作时,有人做了不好的事情,
so you're being friendly, but you're saying: 'Are you free to have a quick chat?'
你要表现的友好些,你会说:‘你有时间聊几句么?’
You're being friendly, but maybe they have done something bad. Okay.
你很友好,但是他们做了不好的事。
Now:'Have I rung', past tense of 'to ring'... 'Have I rung at a bad time?' or: 'Have I caught you...?' Okay?
现在:‘Have I rung’,这里是‘to ring’的过去式,‘我的电话打得不是时候么?’或者‘Have I caught you...?’
Catch a ball. 'Have I caught you'-I caught you-'at a bad time?'
接住球。‘我是不是打得不是时候?’
And then if they say: 'No. It's fine. What do you want?' then I carry on and I give them my reason for calling.
如果对方说:‘没有,可以的。你要什么?’那么我会继续告诉他们我打电话的原因。
But if they say: 'Yes, actually right now I'm really busy',
但是如果对方说:‘是的,其实我现在很忙’,
then I say: 'Well, maybe I could call later today, in a few hours' time, tomorrow', then you suggest a better time to call.
那么我说:‘好吧,或许我可以今天稍晚点再打给你,几小时之后,明天打给你’,你要建议下次打电话的时间。
So, let's just recap.
下面让我们回顾一下。
We've got: 'Is it a good time to call?', 'Are you busy?', 'You free to talk?', 'Do you have the minute?',
我们学到了:‘现在可以讲电话么?’,‘你现在忙么?’,‘有时间讲电话么?’,’你有时间么?’

'Do you have a minute?' or: 'Have I rung...?', 'Is now a bad time?' Okay?
‘你有时间么?’或是‘Have I rung...?’,‘现在方便讲电话么?’
Now, the reason for calling.
现在,我们要讲出给对方打电话的原因。
Obviously if I'm just me, Benjamin, and I'm calling a business,
显然,如果我给某家公司打电话,
then I don't need to say: 'Are you free?' because it's their job to be free.
我不用说:‘你有时间么?’因为他们的工作内容就包括接电话。
So I just go straight into: 'Hello. I'm calling about...', Okay?
那么我可以直接说“;你好,我打电话来...’。
These are reasons.
原因在此。
So: 'I am', you shorten it to: 'I'm', 'I'm calling about',
‘I am’,缩写为‘I'm’,‘我打电话来...’
maybe it's a refund, the refund you need to give me or: 'I'm calling about...'.
也许,是为了退款,对方需要付给我的退款,或者:‘我打电话来是为了...’。
So we can have a verb plus 'ing', so: 'I'm calling about organising a meeting with.' Okay?
这里我们可以用动词ing形式,比如:‘我打电话来是想和...开一次会。’
So we have verb, let's just put a verb in, 'organise', and then I would cross out the 'e' and put 'ing'.
句子中有动词‘organise’,我们把‘e’划掉,加上‘ing’。
'I'm calling about', a noun and a verb plus 'ing'.
‘我打电话来’,一个名词和一个动词ing形式。
You do that one or you do that one. These are all patterns using noun or verb+ing until here.
这两个可任选。以上这些都是使用名词或动词ing形式的句型。
Next one, this is a very formal style of English: 'It's with regard to...
下一个,这个是非常正式的英语:是关于...
It's with regard to my refund', 'organising the meeting'. Okay?
是关于我的退款’,‘关于开会’。
But this is formal English. If you want to impress someone, use this one.
这是正式英语。如果你想加深别人对你的印象,就用这个句子吧。
'It's about...', Okay? If I'm calling my friend. 'Hiya, Jack. It's about the party.',
‘是关于...’,如果我是给我朋友打电话。‘hi,Jack。是关于聚会。’
'It's about playing football on Saturday.' Okay? So this is... this is more friends, this one.
‘是关于周六去踢足球。’这种句子更多的适用于朋友之间。
This is smart, and this can be both. Okay? 'Calling about...', 'With regard to...', 'It's about...'.
这种很简短,这种句式,名词和动词ing形式都可用。
A couple of different ones here: 'I'd like to', and then we need our verb in the infinitive.
下边有几个完全不同形式的句子:‘我想要...’,这里我们需要用到不定式。
'I'm calling because I'd like to show you my CV. Can we organise a time for me to bring it to you?', Okay?
‘我打电话来是因为我想给你看看我的简历。我们能约个时间,让我把简历给你么?’
Because I'd like to organise a time to meet, I'd like to plan next week. Okay? Verb in the infinitive.
因为我想约时间见面,我想计划下周。这里用到了不定式。
'I'm phoning to...' So you've got: 'I'd like to' or 'I'm phoning to'. I hope that makes sense. Okay?
‘我打电话来...’,现在我们学到了:‘我想要’或‘我打电话’。我希望你们能理解这些句型。
Just a very simple pattern, system for starting a phone conversation.
这些都是电话开头会使用到的简单句子。
I've already been through this, but: 'Are you busy?'
这边我们已经讲过了
Make sure they have time, make sure it's a good time to talk.
确保对方有时间,确保这个电话的时机正确。
If it is, tell them why and then you start your phone conversation.
如果合适,就告诉对方打电话的原因,然后开始你的电话交谈。
Check out the quiz on www.engvid.com.
登录网站,做相关测试。
Feel free to follow me, subscribe to my YouTube channel,
关注并订阅我的YouTube频道,
and well done for taking the time and making the effort to become a better speaker of English. Bye.
在努力讲好英文的道路上,大家都做的很好。下期见。
