红发会(MP3+中英字幕) 第27期:开始调查(8)
日期:2017-08-29 13:06

(单词翻译:单击)

"Ha! our party is complete," said Holmes, buttoning up his pea-jacket and taking his heavy hunting crop from the rack.
福尔摩斯说:"哈,我们的人都到齐了。"他一面说话一面把他粗呢上衣的扣子扣上,并从架上把他那根笨重的打猎鞭子取下来。
"Watson, I think you know Mr. Jones, of Scotland Yard?
他又说:"华生,我想你认识苏格兰场的琼斯先生吧?
Let me introduce you to Mr. Merryweather, who is to be our companion in to-night's adventure."
让我介绍你认识梅里韦瑟先生,他就要成为我们今晚冒险行动的伙伴。"
"We're hunting in couples again, Doctor, you see," said Jones in his consequential way.
琼斯傲慢地说:"大夫,你瞧,我们又重新搭档在一起追捕了。
"Our friend here is a wonderful man for starting a chase.
我们这位朋友是追捕能手。
All he wants is an old dog to help him to do the running down."
他只需要一条老狗去帮助他把猎物捕获。"
"I hope a wild goose may not prove to be the end of our chase," observed Mr. Merryweather gloomily.
梅里韦瑟悲观地说:"我希望这次追捕不要成为一桩徒劳无益的行动。"

福尔摩斯探案集 红发会

"You may place considerable confidence in Mr. Holmes, sir," said the police agent loftily.
那个警探趾高气扬地说:"先生,你对福尔摩斯先生应当很有信心才对,
"He has his own little methods, which are, if he won't mind my saying so,
他有自己的一套办法。这套办法,恕我直言,
just a little too theoretical and fantastic, but he has the makings of a detective in him.
就是有点太理论化和异想天开,但他具有成为一名侦探所需要的素质。
It is not too much to say that once or twice, as in that business of the Sholto murder and the Agra treasure,
我这样说并不是夸大其词。有一两次,比如肖尔托凶杀案和阿格拉珍宝大盗窃案,
he has been more nearly correct than the official force."
他都比官方侦探判断得更加正确。"
"Oh, if you say so, Mr. Jones, it is all right," said the stranger with deference.
那个陌生人顺从地说:"琼斯先生,你要这样说我没有意见。
"Still, I confess that I miss my rubber.
不过,我还是要声明,我错过了打桥牌的时间,
It is the first Saturday night for seven-and-twenty years that I have not had my rubber."
这是我二十七年来头一次星期六晚上不打桥牌。"

分享到