红发会(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:事件发生转变(2)
日期:2017-08-01 10:44

(单词翻译:单击)

"I was staggered, sir. I did not know what to do.
"先生,我感到很震惊,我不知道怎么办才好。
Then I called at the offices round, but none of them seemed to know anything about it.
我向办公室周围的街坊打听,但是,看来他们谁也不知道那是怎么回事。
Finally, I went to the landlord, who is an accountant living on the ground-floor,
最后,我去找房东,他住在楼下,是当会计的。
and I asked him if he could tell me what had become of the Red-headed League.
我问他能否告诉我红发会出了什么事。
He said that he had never heard of any such body.
他说,他从来没有听说过有这样一个团体。
Then I asked him who Mr. Duncan Ross was. He answered that the name was new to him."
然后,我问他邓肯·罗斯先生是什么人。他回答说,这个名字对他很陌生。"
'Well,' said I, 'the gentleman at No. 4.'
我说,'唔,是住在4号的那位先生。'
'What, the red-headed man?' 'Yes.'
'什么,那个红头发的人?''是的。'

福尔摩斯探案集 红发会

'Oh,' said he, 'his name was William Morris.
他说,'噢,他名叫威廉·莫里斯。
He was a solicitor and was using my room as a temporary convenience until his new premises were ready. He moved out yesterday.'
他是个律师,他暂住我的屋子,因为他的新居还没有准备好。他是昨天搬走的。'
'Where could I find him?'
' 我在什么地方能找到他呢?'
'Oh, at his new offices. He did tell me the address.
'噢,在他的新办公室。他确实把他的地址告诉我了。
Yes, 17 King Edward Street, near St. Paul's.'
是的,爱德华王街17号,就在圣保罗教堂附近。'
"I started off, Mr. Holmes, but when I got to that address it was a manufactory of artificial knee-caps,
"福尔摩斯先生,我马上动身到那里去了,但是,当我找到那个地方的时候,我发现它是个护膝制造厂,
and no one in it had ever heard of either Mr. William Morris or Mr. Duncan Ross."
这个厂子里谁也没有听说过有个叫威廉·莫里斯或叫邓肯·罗斯的人。"

分享到