(单词翻译:单击)
There's a real clash of cultures and there is a disconnect between people who live in the Bubbles,
我们生活在一个文化冲突的社会,生活在权力中心的人群比如说
of New York, Washington and Hollywood versus the people who live in the land of the Bubbas. Uh-huh.
纽约、华盛顿和好莱坞,和生活在Bubbas的人之间没有联系 。对的
which is the land of God, Guns, Grits and Gravy. That is where it all comes from.
Bubbas就是我在书中所提到的《上帝、枪支、玉米粥和肉汁》中的土地 。所有东西都是从这本书得来的 。
I see. So, so... it's not a book of recipes, by the way.
我明白了,那么,还有就是这不是一本菜谱 。
Is this, is this one of those? No, I hope not, because that doesn't sound tasty.
这不是,不是那些?恩,希望它不是,听起来味道没那么鲜美 。
And there you go. It would sound tasty if you lived there. Is this though...
其实就是如此,如果你生活在那样的地方,你就会感到美味 。
It sounds like there is an idea, there is a sense of like,
是不是,这听起来有点像一种,
well, people who live on the coast are not real,
是不是说住在海岸的人,他们的生活并不真实,
that you are talking about like the Bubbas are real and we're not.
而住在“Bubbas”的人才是真实的,我们都不是 。
No, it's not, it's not a matter of reality.
不是,这与真实性无关 。
It's a matter of different perspective.
这与不同看法有关 。
I will give an example. Sure.
我给你举个例子 。好的 。
There is a big difference between people who are well educated and people who are smart.
聪明人和受教育程度高的人,这两种人是截然不同的 。
And a lot of people who are very well educated, let's say the Harvard faculty. Yeah.
比方说哈佛的老师,他们是受教育程度很高的人 。对的 。
believe that the people who live out of this part of the world where I live in flyover country,
他们认为生活在其它地区的人们,比方说我生活在东西海岸之间,
those red states that people think those people are nuts.
比方说生活在“红州”的人,他们认为这些人是疯子 。
So what I want to do is to...
所以我想做的就是,
I thought you got to say who believe in evolution, but then you want a different way.
我觉得你想说进化,但后来改变了注意 。
No, but, who believe differently than the people who live in the Bubbles.
他们所信仰的东西和住在权力中心的人不一样 。
And here's the point...but you believe that the Bubbas are better than the Bubbles.
但是重点是,但是你相信住在Bubbas要好于住在Bubbles 。
No, different. No, better.
不是,两种是不同的 。不是,那个就是好 。
You believe they're better. You know, you believe they're better.
你相信那个好 。听我说,不是,那个更好,
You wrote a book called God, Guns, Grits and Gravy.
你这本书叫做《上帝-枪支-砂砾-肉汁》 。
You believe they're better. But here's the point.
你相信那个更好 。听我说,
I want to explain who we are to the people who live in the Bubbles.
我是想向那些生活在Bubbles的人解释我们是怎样的人 。
Because those of us who live in "Bubba-villes" we get the people in the Bubbles.
因为像我们,生活在Bubba-villes的人了解住在Bubbles的人 。
Because all the television shows and movies are all about the people in the Bubbles.
因为不管是电视还是真人秀,全部都是住在Bubbles的人 。
No, no, you don't get us.
你们不了解我们 。
Six and a half years. You don't get us.
六年半了 。你不了解我们 。
I have come to New York and I have seen the difference in the attitudes and lifestyles and culture.
我曾经生活在纽约,我见证了不管是态度,生活方式以及文化之间的不同 。
It's not that one is better. Yes, it is.
这不是有关哪个更好的问题 。就是那个更好 。
Well, if it is. You believe one is better. It would be "Bubba-villes".
好吧,如果真像你说的,你相信那个更好,那会是Bubba-villes 。
Here's, here's what I believe. Let me take that point about the...
听我说,我是认为,听我说我的观点,
But this feels like it's a contrived, there is no real "Bubble-villes" and "Bubba-villes". There's...
我是感觉这有些刻意,其实根本没有Bubble-villes和Bubba-villes之分,其实......
Oh, I would say, au contraire, to quote John Kerry.
我想说au contraire(恰恰相反),引用约翰·克里的话 。
Wow, you really have lived in New York.
喔,你在纽约没白呆啊 。
![](https://img.kekenet.com/app/keke/wap_app.png)