如果有一天政府和你竞争公民身份
日期:2017-07-25 12:12

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

We live in a distributed Pangaea.
我们都居住在分布式泛大陆上
I mean we were all one continent once and what is a border?
我的意思是 我们曾经都生活在一个大陆上 那么国界是什么
A border is like someone walking into your house with a can of gas and a gun
国界就像有人拿着枪和汽油桶
and setting the can of gas down and looking at you and saying this is my house.
把煤气罐放下 看着你说 这是我的房子
And you're like, 'what?'
你心想 “什么?”
Me and my indigenous family have lived here for centuries,
我和我的土著家庭在这儿生活了几个世纪
like this is our house and colonialism says no, this is my house and
这应该是我的房子吧 但殖民者说 不 这是我的房子
if you don't want to go and like worship our deities and all these things then like you know, you have options.
如果你不想去... 比如 崇拜我们的神 之类的 那么 你们知道 你们有个选择
And one is the gun, which could be for you, or the other is kick over the can of gas.
一个选择是我们用枪 指着你 或者另一个选择是 把煤气罐踢翻
I can just burn this down and you would have nothing left
把一切烧了 什么也不会剩下
and then it would be much easier for it to be mine.
那么要将这一切变成属于我的就更容易了
And I have no capital issues rebuilding it after I destroy it.
并且在我摧毁它之后 我重建它没有资本问题
That's how we created borders. What?
这就是我们创造边界的方式 什么
What kind of a world do we live in where that's acceptable?
这是一个什么样的世界 发生这样的事情竟然可以接受?
And that still acceptable all over the world today, it's just a generally not as public.
事实是到现在这种事还在到处发生 只是不再像以前那样明目张胆罢了
But it's nuts. And do I think that we will live in a fully borderless world?
但这是疯狂的 你要问我 我们有朝一日会生活在一个完全无边界的世界吗?
That's going to take a lot of change or a lot of time and we'll see what happens with
我觉得这将需要做出很多改变 需要花费大量时间 我们看看
the effects of climate change, which could fundamentally have some massive impacts as
随着气候的变化 世界将会如何改变 这种影响可能是深远和巨大的
far as creating what I would call a civilized refugee crisis.
甚至可能导致我所谓的文明难民危机


But the way that we're starting to think about living in a borderless world
但实际上 我们开始考虑生活在一个无边界的世界的方法
is actually through one of my technologies.
其实是因为有了我的一个技术
And It's called... it's founded by Susanne Tempelhof, and I'm a partner in the company. It's called Bitnation.
它叫Bitnation 由苏珊·滕珀尔霍夫创建 我是合伙人
And Bitnation is essentially the idea of Facebook for governance or DIY government.
Bitnation本质上是脸书上提出的针对政府自我治理或是自我整治的一种想法
And we start out creating a borderless society by actually working on a human rights platform for people who have been disenfranchised.
我们实际上是在一个针对被剥夺公民权人民的人权平台上 开展并创造了一种无边界社会
So we use blockchain technology to give refugees a global identity, a one-world citizenship.
所以我们使用数据区块链技术为难民提供一种全球身份 一种世界公民的身份
And we also do all of the E-identity for the government of Estonia.
我们还为爱沙尼亚政府做了所有的电子身份
So we work within systems of government who are interested in using these technologies
所以我们为那些有兴趣使用这些技术的政府系统工作
but in a way that fundamentally empowers every person on earth
但这从根本上使地球上的每一个人拥有
to exist to have the right to live, to exist and to be and to be recognized.
一种能够生活 存在且被认可的权利
So that's how we're starting this world that has the potential to a least
这就是我们开始发掘这个世界的潜力的方式
at least for the time being have more fluid borders.
这个世界至少有可能有更多的流动边界
And in the future I personally believe that the idea of government should be market based.
在未来 我个人认为未来政府的决定应该以市场为基础
People should be able to opt in and to opt out of systems of governance
人们应该能自由选择进入和退出政府的体系
in the ways that they are able to provide for their people.
以政府是否能满足自己的需求为标准
So governments are actually what a concept, competing to be better,
因此政府实际上是一种观念 通过竞争成为比其它政府更好的政府
to take care of their people more than any other government.
能照顾他们人民的政府
That is so deeply humanizing and I think it's absolutely necessary if we are to live in a world
那非常人性化 如果我们要居住在一个有着许多自主自治 自我管理的组织的世界的话
that is going to have any kind of autonomous self-governing organization.
我认为那是完全有必要的
So yeah, our whole world is creating new holacratic systems of government and we start by giving
所以 是的 我们整个世界正在创造新的非层级式的政府体系
it to people who need it more than anyone because those people should not be forgotten.
我们从把它给比其他人都需要的人民开始 因为那些人不应该被忘记
There are so many brilliant things and incredible things that distributed ledger technology
分布式分类式技术有许多精彩和难以置信之处
can provide for generally the benefit of our entire human race.
能给全人类带来益处
Like allowing people who are financially disenfranchised to have access to services that they would've never of had before
正如那些让在经济上被剥夺公民权的人获取服务
like owning their own land titles, owning their own identity,
像拥有他们自己的地契 自己的身份
being able to create contracts without third party interference.
能够不需受到第三者打扰去创造合同
And in that way there's so much magic.
那样说来 这种技术是如此神奇
I mean giving people who live in economies where their currency is so over inflated,
我的意思是 把它给予那些生活在一种货币过度通胀
and that's just out of their hands and out of their control.
且钱从来不受他们控制的经济体中的人们
If you live in Venezuela, for example, and the exchange rate and the amount of inflation
比如 你住在委内瑞拉 汇率和通胀水平是如此之高
is so high that a bag of flower costs $313,
以至于一束花要花费313美元
that kind of a technology, distributed ledger,Bitcoin, the Internet of money, that's huge for those people.
那种分布式分类技术 Bitcoin 虚拟货币 对这些人民的意义是重大的
And I think the serious cons of this could be,
我能想到的严峻的反对观点大概有
one, that a lot of institutions who are building distributed ledger technology
第一 很多机构都在建立分布式分类技术系统
are building in a way that doesn't necessarily expand the way that they're looking at this technology.
但他们并没有扩展这种技术
A lot of people they're spending like millions of dollars building massive Excel spreadsheets not actually blockchains.
大量的人花费巨额资金去建立巨大的电子表格 实际并非是数据区块链的技术
And I think that's a very current issue.
我认为那是一种很常见的问题
But in the long term if we are living in a world where all of that information is transparent
但长远来看 如果我们住在一个所有信息皆透明的世界里
or public and you're never able to delete something that you do and all of that information
或者你所做的一切都无法删除 所有的信息
is not owned by the system that is the technology and you can't mask your identity or have your
都并不是被那种技术的系统所拥有 你也无法掩饰你的身份 或者拥有个人隐私
own privacy and everything you do, every step you take is monitored and held in the hands
你所做的一切 每一个印记都被监视着 被公共政府所掌控
of a public organization, that's apocalyptically threatening.
那将是一种天大的威胁
And I think that we have to make sure that this technology is honestly based on the
我想我们应使这种技术完全基于
ethic and the ideology of which the technology is invented, it's very unlikely that it's
此技术被创造时的道德和意识形态 如此
going to be able to go in that way because of the impact, the positive benefit that it's
它就不太可能会因为冲击走上歪路
actually going to bring to people around the world.
也能给全人类带来实际的好处
That's genuinely scary for everyone because it's not like you can go in and one person randomly,
这对每个人来说都是可怕的 因为它不是针对某一个人或是随机抽取
because they have a position of power, can edit something in or out, that's not how it works.
因为他们处于权力中心 可以任意修改增删信息 这是不可取的
So you have to preserve the integrity of the technology, which is that blockchain technology
所以你得保障这种技术的独立性 这意味着数据区块链技术
is borderless, it is voluntary, it is decentralized and it is immutable.
是无边界的 自发的 去中心化的且不可更改的
And in being immutable is extremely important that the technology remains pseudo anonymous.
无可更改是极其重要的属性 这使得这种技术仍然保持着伪匿名的特点
Because let's say you're living in an area where you are under the forces of a corrupt
让我们想一下 比方说你生活在一种腐败
and violent government and let's say you are doing something, you are trying to lead a
且暴力的统治之下 如果你要做些什么 比如你想领导解放
liberation and if you are cataloging your information in a way that is going to be forever
比如你需要登记信息 但这些信息永远都能被看见
capable of being seen and in a way that your identity is not owned by the individual but
且你的身份被一个机构而非个体掌握
is owned by an institution, that's terrifying.
那得多可怕
That is a dystopian future and we cannot live in that kind of a world.
那是一种反乌托邦的未来 我们不能在那种世界生活
So with these kind of technologies you have to realize that we're just at the beginning
因此应用这种技术你得明白 我们还只在
of what is about to be this balloon and blossom.
在这毁誉参半的技术的起步阶段
And this is why it is so important for people to begin to practice and to own their own
这就是为什么开始实践
autonomy in a fundamentally different way.
去用另外一种方式赢得自治权 是如此重要
There's not just one blockchain, and this is the beauty of the blockchain ecosystem
不只有一个数据区块链 是数据区块链生态系统的动人之处
is that you have a blockchains like the Bitcoin Blockchain, which fundamentally is like the
你会有很多类似比特币的数据区块链
most secure – it's the original blockchain.
显然会更加安全 这才是原本数据区块链的本质
And the Bitcoin Blockchain is particularly interesting because the creator of the Bitcoin
比特币数据区块链尤其有意思 因为它的创造者
Blockchain, who goes under the moniker Satoshi Nakamoto, is invisible.
绰号叫Satoshi Nakamoto的人是隐匿的
And so you have actually from within the system no general singular point of authority.
因此在这个系统里你实际并没有一般意义上的权威
You don't have a benevolent dictator in Bitcoin because the creator, understanding the value
在Bitcoin 你不必受制于仁慈的独裁者 因为它的创造者
system of what he was doing, or she, removed themselves from the project and essentially
懂得这个系统的价值 他 或者她 从这个项目中退出
became invisible to the Internet, dropped off the face of the earth.
隐匿于互联网 消失在人群中
Satoshi Nakamoto has had one last little bit of communication in 2011 to tell everyone
Satoshi nakamoto在2011年 最后一次小对话中告诉所有人
that Dorian Nakamoto, who is this innocent Japanese man that was accused of being Satoshi
Dorian Nakamoto是一个被指认为Satoshi的无辜日本人
and all of a sudden was thrown into the media to say that Dorian Nakamoto was not actually
这个人突然被媒体轰炸 Satoshi澄清说Dorian Nakamoto其实
Satoshi Nakamoto please stop harassing him people from the press.
不是Satoshi Nakamoto 所以媒体被要求停止对其打扰
And so that's actually the beauty of the Bitcoin Blockchain and the way that it is not only
因此这就是比特币数据区块链的美妙之处
ideologically constructed in practice but in action from the founder.
理想得以付诸实践 而且由创建者贯彻实施
But the Bitcoin Blockchain isn't the only blockchain, in fact there are many blockchains
但比特币并非仅有的数据区块链 实际上数据区块链有很多
and there will probably be many more blockchains.
并且将来也许会更多
And it's a healthy robust ecosystem for a lot of these blockchains to have interoperability.
对于数据区块链来说 拥有互操作性是种健康且有利的生态系统
For example, there is the Ethereum Blockchain.
比如说以太坊数据区块链
And Ethereum is primarily used for smart contracts.
最初以太坊被用在智能合约上
And you essentially have people that are capable of creating apps like in the Apple App Store,
实质上你能利用那些能够在类似苹果应用商店里创造应用程序的人
except that those apps can have their own independent crowd sale and can be independently
除了这种程序可以有自己独立的受众 可以独立赚钱
monetized by the people who use those applications and who believe in the ideas.
而且由那些使用应用程序或者认同设计理念的人套现
So essentially instead of having a big VC funding around, someone can come in and say
因此本质上 与其用大的风投 有人会说
I really think that doing a blockchain based prediction market is fascinating and it's
我觉得用个以预测市场为基础的数据区块链很赞
something that has only become possible because of blockchain technology.
而且 这是只有数据区块链技术才能做到的
So instead of going adventure route I'm actually going to open up this idea, this technology
因此与其去冒险 我更倾向应用(数据区块链)这个想法
that I built on the Ethereum platform, which is a blockchain, to the community.
我在一个面向全社区的数据区块链 以太坊平台上 应用这种技术
And I'm going to allow the community to fund this idea with something like Either,
我会在全社区为此想法筹款
which is the currency of Ethereum.
即创建以太坊的货币
And in doing that we not only have the money to build
并且 通过这种方式 我们不仅能筹到相应资金
but people also had the ability to become monetized
人们也有能力货币化
as they interact on our platform and our system.
通过我们平台和系统互动
And so I think the future for blockchain technology
因此我认为数据区块链的未来
is fundamentally because you have opt in principles
从根本上来说 是因为你在原则上有选择
it's like would you, if you had the choice,
就比如 假如你有的选
would you opt in to a restricted Internet? No.
你会选严格而受限的互联网么 当然不会咯
And so I think that generally people are going to move toward the ideas that inherently and
因此我想总趋势上人们会倾向这种想法
fundamentally give them the most opportunity and the most freedom.
这种本质上来说能给他们以最多选择 最大自由的想法
But in my personal opinion it's healthy to have this robust ecosystem of ideas where
但就我个人而言 拥有一种健康的
many people can create, and fundamentally and the true nature of this technology being
能够使人们创造的生态系统是积极的 最重要的是
a market based invention people are able to choose.
而这种技术的本质 是人们能自主选择的市场
They're able to choose which blockchain provides the best services for them, what matches with
他们能选择能为他们提供最佳服务的
their ideology how they believe and how they want to carry out their life.
最符合他们的意识形态 他们所相信的且想要付诸于生活的东西的数据区块连
And so fundamentally it's not necessarily - I would like to believe that the wisdom
这些是很重要的 我相信
of the crowds will guide us in the right direction for this technology because what is the value
群众的智慧会引导我们走上这技术的正道 因为
of something like this if it is not for the people participating in the system?
如果不是为了这些参与系统的人们服务 那这玩意儿还有什么用呢

分享到