政治精英是如何败北的?
日期:2017-07-20 13:23

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

I know that even in the United States
我知道 即使在美国
when you have someone like Donald Trump, I know
当有像唐纳德·特朗普这类人出现时
that there is a lot of elitist liberal reaction.
会有很多精英自由主义的呼声
Like here we see the limit of democracy but in the wrong sense, in the sense that you
我们在此得以见识到民主的局限性 但却是以错误的方式
see stupid ordinary people are seduced and so on and so on.
我们看到愚蠢的普通民众被诱导 诸如此类
Well, although Noam Chomsky doesn't like me very much,
尽管乔姆斯基不是很喜欢我
I admire him sincerely and I must admit that I like his term.
但我却诚挚地欣赏他 我必须承认我喜欢他所使用的措辞
I think it's not just a journalistic term,
我觉得他用的不仅是个新闻词汇
it's a concept, which he took over from American
还是一个概念 是他取自美国传统
tradition even mainstream right wing liberal of manufacturing consent.
甚至制造共识的主流右翼自由主义的概念
You know, democracy is not only formal rules of elections.
如君所知 民主不仅仅是关于选举的正式规则
Democracy is an entire thick network of how political consensus is built; a lot of unwritten rules.
更是关于如何建立政治共识的一整套缜密网络 有很多不成文的规则
And now I think the United States are at a very important moment, at the moment when
现在我认为美国处在一个非常关键的时刻 因为此刻
this machine to build consensus has broken down.
这台建立共识的机器崩塌了
Now these are moments which can be catastrophic.
这有可能是灾难性的时刻


In such moments direct fascism can take over, but this can be also moments when the left,
在这时法西斯主义有可能会长驱直入 也可能是左翼
or whatever would be the new left, provides a new answer.
或什么新左翼提供一个新答案
So my first reaction to those elitists liberals who claim you see the stupid rednecks, white
所以当那些精英自由主义者声称你所看到的投票给特朗普的都是乡巴佬、
trash or whatever are voting for Trump, yes but it's your responsibility.
白人垃圾等等 我的第一反应就是: 说得对! 但都是你们造成的!
One moment of truth in all those enraged people
这一刻关于那些投了特朗普的暴民的真相是
who vote for Trump is that they nonetheless so clearly (know) that
他们其实清楚知道
this traditional machine of manufacturing consent no longer works.
这台制造共识的传统机器已经不好用了
To put it in this slightly bombastic and exaggerated Marxist term,
用有点夸张的马克思主义术语说就是
the ruling ideology uses, mobilizes certain machinery
统治阶级的意识形态使用 调动了某种机器
to keep people in check, to control the excesses and so on.
来约束民众 控制过激行为等等
That machinery no longer works.
那台机器已经不管用了
And here I'm not just a pessimistic, in contrast to liberals for whom Trump is the ultimate
在此 跟那些视特朗普为超级恶魔与噩梦的自由主义者相比 我不仅仅是悲观主义者
devil, it's a nightmare and so on, I claim it's much more complex.
更觉得此事远胜复杂
Of course Trump is almost but not quite proto fascist phenomenon,
当然了特朗普还不算是法西斯主义的典型现象
but it's because they, the liberal centrist mainstream because they failed.
但却是因为他们–自由主义中立派主流–失败了
And that's why, not that I like in anyway Trump,
而那就是原因 不是因为我喜欢特朗普
Trump is scum, trash and so on, but my but is this one,
他就是人渣 垃圾 但是我的"但是"是在于
first Trump nonetheless if you are a leftists you should admire him sincerely.
首先如果你是个左派你应该诚挚地佩服特朗普
He did something wonderfully.
他做了一件了不起的事
He almost single-handedly destroyed the Republican Party.
他几乎是单枪匹马毁了共和党
What I mean you have two main vaguely orientations,
我的意思是有大概两个主要指向–
the Christian fundamentalists in the party, hardliners and this
党内的基督原教旨主义者 奉行强硬路线者 遭遇到了
Republican liberal enlightened big business elite.
这个共和自由主义的大商业精英
Both of them are more or less horrified of Trump.
他们或多或少都有点被特朗普吓到了
And Trump is vulgar, but in his very vulgarity you can see a common human baseness, opportunism,
特朗普很粗俗 但是在他的粗鄙中你可以看到人类共有的劣根性–投机主义
now I will say something horrible, but for me
现在我要讲些可怕的事 但对我来说
people like Ted Crews or you remember eight years ago Rick Santorum,
像泰德·克鲁斯一类人 或是你还记得八年前的里克·桑托勒姆
there's something much worse.
是比这更糟的事情
Trump is a dirty disgusting human being,
特朗普是个肮脏恶心的人
do you really think that Rick Santorum is a human being?
难道你真以为里克·桑托勒姆还算个人?
I think that they are aliens.
我觉得他们就是外星人
There's something so monstrous about them. That's my first one.
他们非常怪异 这是我要说的第一点
My second point is that I never trusted this absolute obsession with Trump.
第二点就是我压根不相信这种对特朗普的绝对迷恋
Oh now we should be all together just to stop Trump,
喔现在我们应该联合起来阻止特朗普
for this we sacrificed Bernie Sanders. This is how Hillary got us.
我们因此牺牲掉了伯尼·桑德斯 这就是希拉里打动我们的方式
Hillary is not just LBGT rights, a little bit more progressive, Hillary is today the
希拉里不只是拥护LBGT群体的权利 更进步一点的是 希拉里是今天
vote of the establishment even of the Cold War establishment.
的当权者选举出来的 甚至可以说是冷战格局的结果
Do you know that most of the big names of......
你知道吗 大部分的大人物
come from the area of George Bush, Paul and so on? They moved to Hillary now.
都是来自布什、保罗等人的领域?现在他们都投奔了希拉里
Hillary is not only the voice of the liberal establishment,
希拉里不仅仅是自由主义当权者的代表 也是
she's also the voice of–let's call it Cold War establishment.
我们称之为冷战格局的代表
Now in the last days there was some propaganda against Trump
在选举末期有些抵制特朗普的宣传说
saying oh but can we trust this guy? He will bring us into a new world war.
噢~难道我们相信这个人?他会将我们带入一场新的世界大战!
No, I'm much more afraid that Hillary will do this.
不尽然 我倒是更担心希拉里会
So again, in no way I am for Trump.
所以 再次声明 我绝不支持特朗普
He personifies what I was talking about
他只是代表了我刚说的
this disintegration of public values, of public manners
这种公共价值及公共礼仪的瓦解
this obscene situation where you can talk about whatever you want.
还有这种随意讨论自己所欲的淫秽情境
Again, things which years ago were unthinkable as part of a public debate
再一次地 若干年前公共讨论无法想象的一些事情
are now normalized, open racism and so on.
现在都变得正常化了 比如公开的种族主义 诸如此类不一而足
And here I think political correctness doesn't work.
在此我认为政治正确并没起什么作用
Because political correctness is a desperate attempt
因为政治正确是在那些
when public mores all these unwritten rules which tell you what is this and what is not, break down,
告诉你什么能做什么不能做的不成文规则崩塌后的绝望选择
Political correctness tries directly to legislate.
政治正确试图直接当法律用来规定
This expression is to be used, that expression is to be used and so on and so on.
这话该说那话不该说 等等等等
What makes me afraid of these this procedure is the following:
让我害怕的是以下这种情况
do you remember how to years ago or even three or four when all this debate about torture began, waterboarding and so on?
你还记得两年前 也可能是三四年前当关于刑讯逼供的讨论开始时 水刑之类的
The U.S. Army did something very nice, they no longer talked about torture but about–
美军干了件非常漂亮的事 他们不再说"逼供" 但
I think the term was enhanced interrogation technique.
开始说一个词–"加强版审问技术"
And this is for me establishment version of political correctness.
对我来说这就是一个政治正确的当权者版本
You put a nice her name like I can well imagine that ten years from now, and it's not a joke I claim,
你用了个更动听的词 就如同我可以想象从今往后十年里–我这不是说着玩的–
rape will be called well why not enhanced seduction technique.
"强奸"也可以被叫得很动听 比如为啥不叫"加强版勾引技术"呢
Like this basic politically correct idea that you use words which will not hurt the others,
像这种巧用辞令也伤不了人的政治正确
I totally subscribe to this when we are dealing
我完全买账 尤其是处理
with all this marginal sexual identities which can traumatize you and so on.
这种有可能伤人的边缘的性别问题等
But I absolutely don't think that this is any kind of universal right,
但我绝不认为这是普遍正确的
not to be called in a way which hurts you.
如果伤害了别人就不能称之为正确
Let's take a big criminal corporation boss
举个例子 一个犯罪集团的大老板
who maybe also wants to see him as a humanitarian.
也许认为自己是人道主义者
No! He should be publicly called with words which will hurt him and that's the whole point
不行!他就应该被公众用伤害他的字眼称呼
that he should be hurt and so on and so on.
而重点就在于他应该被伤害 诸如此类
So again, I don't like this narcissistic idea of...
所以 我不喜欢这种自恋的想法
you know, the ultimate horizon do you feel hurt,
就是"你觉得受伤了吗"的终极视角
are you wounded or not and so on and so on.
你有没有受伤啊这等鸟事
I mean this is a very ambiguous topic.
我的意思是这是个非常模糊的话题
Of course you can in this way defend gay rights, the exclusion of LGBT people and so on,
当然你可以以这种方式维护同性恋权利 或排挤LGBT人群 等等
but then what would prevent white Arians or whatever, white power people to say
但 是什么让白种雅利安人或白种权势者无法直说
sorry guys but we are hurt if you attack us like that and so on.
抱歉啊同志们 如果你们那样攻击我们 我们真的很受伤 云云
No, in politics we have authentic enemies.
不行! 在政治里我们有真正的敌人
Everyone should not be respected in politics and so on.
在政治里谁都不应该被尊重等等
Politics is a real struggle of life and death.
政治本就是生死之斗啊!

分享到