(单词翻译:单击)
Women surfers have been marketed very sexually.
人们对女性冲浪选手做的宣传广告是非常性感的 。
You see a girl in a string bikini or a g-string standing on a beach,
你看到的是一个穿着吊带比基尼或丁字裤的美女站在沙滩上,
but when we go out there, it's totally different.
但我们去沙滩的时候,通常是一副截然不同的形象 。
We're wearing full suits and hoods and booties and we're not trying to be sexy.
我们会穿全套的装备,戴上头罩,穿上短靴,性感不是我们想要的 。
We're going out there to become stronger, better, more awesome humans.
我们冲浪是为了变得更强壮、更好,变成更酷的人 。
Big wave surfing is really ferocious.
极限冲浪真的很可怕 。
People have said that women can't surf it, but I do.
大家都说极限冲浪不是女人能做的事,但我能 。
I'm Bianca Valenti and I'm a professional Big Wave Surfer in San Francisco, California.
我叫比安卡·瓦伦蒂,是一名加州旧金山的极限冲浪职业选手 。
11 years ago is when I first surfed in San Francisco. I nearly drowned.
我第一次在旧金山冲浪是11年前的事,那一次我差点被淹死 。
And that is when I decided I wanted to put in the time in and out of the water and start training to prepare and ride big waves.
也是从那时起,我决定花更多的时间泡在水里,决定开始接受训练,准备极限冲浪 。
The water in San Francisco is really really cold.
旧金山的水刺骨的寒冷 。
Sometimes there's even ice on the sand in the morning,
有时,早晨的沙滩上还有冰,
and when it's super cold you're hands are tingly.
特别冷的时候,手都会感到刺痛 。
You have to have a really thick skin and you have to be very driven, determined, and motivated because this isn't Hawaii.
你必须有很厚的皮肤,必须有强大的信念,要非常坚定,因为这儿不是夏威夷 。
Mavericks is a surf spot where gigantic waves break.
Mavericks是一个巨浪翻涌的冲浪之地 。
It's been called the Mount Everest of surfing,
这里被人称为冲浪界的珠穆朗玛峰 。
and it is located 20 minutes south of San Francisco.
从旧金山往南大约20分钟车程 。
An average size wave is three to four feet.
一般冲浪的平均浪高在3-4英尺 。
Mavericks starts breaking at 15 feet and there's been waves ridden there up to 100 feet.
Mavericks的浪最低也有15英尺,有时甚至高达100英尺 。
People have died surfing Mavericks.
在Mavericks曾有人因冲浪送了命 。
It is serious business. It is for experts only.
在这儿冲浪是一件很严肃的事情,只适合行家 。
There's excitement, there's fear, adrenaline, nervousness, happiness.
有兴奋,有害怕,有激动,有紧张,也有快乐 。
It's really every emotion at once.
所有的情感都将在瞬间爆发 。
When I hear somebody say that women are not strong enough or good enough to surf big waves,
当我听人说女人不够强壮,或是不够优秀,不能在巨浪上冲浪,
I just start laughing because it makes me feel alive and I love it.
我就想笑,因为极限冲浪让我感受到自己还活着,我喜欢极限冲浪 。
It's about challenging yourself,
极限冲浪事关自我挑战,
it's about persevering and overcoming obstacles,
事关毅力、克服困难,
and so it's a much deeper experience for me personally,
对我个人而言,这是一项很深刻的经历 。
and that's why I embrace surfing in San Francisco.
这就是为什么我喜欢在旧金山冲浪的原因 。