(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Liquid boils when it is heated to a certain temperature.
液体在加热至一定温度时就会沸腾 。
BOILS DOWN TO THIS
归结为,基本是
So, Jonathan and Anna are probably talking about cooking. Or are they?
那么乔纳森和安娜或许在谈论做饭 。真的是这样吗?
I got a job offer. That's great. Congratulations!
我得到了一个工作机会 。太好了 。恭喜啊!
Thanks. But the job is in California. All my friends and family are here in D.C.
谢谢 。可是这份工作在加利福尼亚 。而我所有的朋友和家人都在华盛顿 。
Look, it boils down to this: do you really want to move all the way across the country for a job, or not?
听着,归根结底这就是:你愿不愿意为了一份工作跨越整个国家?
When you boil something down, you remove liquid from it and reduce it to a concentrated form.
当你把某种东西烧干时,就是把里面的液体全部去除,留下最精华的部分 。
That's in cooking. But, in comversation, when you boil something down, you get to the most important part of a problem or situation.
做饭时是这样 。但是在对话中,你说归根结底时,是指某个问题或某种情况最重要的部分 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!