(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Sugar is sweet and tasty. And a coat is the outer covering of something.
糖很甜很好吃 。而外层是指某种东西的外面覆盖物 。
So I just looked inside your car.
我刚才检查了一下你的车 。
Tell me what's wrong. And don't sugarcoat it. I can take it.
告诉我有哪些问题 。不用粉饰 。我能接受 。
Your engine is destroyed. You need a new car.
你的发动机坏了 。你得买辆新车 。
Wow! You could have sugarcoated that news a little.
哇哦!你本可以稍加粉饰一下的 。
If you talk about a problem in a way that makes the issue seem more pleasant than it is ... You are sugarcoating it.
如果你以一种更好听的方式来说一个问题...你就是在粉饰它 。
This expression comes from drug makers.
这个表达来自药品制造商 。
In the past, they started putting sugar on some pills to make them easier to swallow.
过去,他们会在药片外层涂上一些糖,让它们更容易吞咽 。
When you sugarcoat bad news, you make it easier for the other person to hear.
当你粉饰坏消息时,你会让听者更容易接受 。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!