(单词翻译:单击)
Summer's a great time to play outside!
夏天是出去玩耍的好时候 。
It's fun to go barefoot on the beach and by the pool,
在沙滩上或水池边光脚走路很有趣,
but I always make sure to wear shoes when I'm playing outside in the yard.
但我出去到院子里玩耍时总是穿着鞋 。
Shoes are the best way to protect your feet from splinters.
穿鞋是防止脚踩到碎片的最佳方式 。
A splinter is a tiny, sharp piece of something that gets stuck in your skin.
碎片是一种微小的、尖尖的东西,它会陷到你的皮肤里 。
When you think of splinters, you might usually think of ones made of wood,
一提到碎片,你可能通常想到木片,
but splinters can also be tiny pieces of glass, metal, or plastic.
但它也可能是一小片玻璃、金属或是塑料 。
Splinters can get stuck in your skin when they break off something, like a piece of wood from playground equipment.
人们折断某些东西时,碎片有可能会陷入皮肤里,如操场器材上的木屑 。
Sometimes, they don't go into the skin very far,
有时,碎片陷得不是很深,
and they fall right out without you even noticing them.
你没注意到,它们就掉了 。
But other times, they go deeper, get stuck...and stay stuck, until someone pulls them out.
但有时它们会陷得很深,卡在皮肤里,直到人们把它们拔出来 。
Usually, these kinds of splinters will hurt a little bit when they go into your skin.
通常情况下,这种碎片陷入皮肤时会造成一点儿伤害 。
And if they go into your skin deep enough, you might bleed.
如果陷得够深,你可能会流血 。
But a lot of times, a splinter can get stuck in your skin without you even noticing it.
但大多时候,你不知道有碎片陷在了皮肤里 。
You don't even realize you have one until you do something
你甚至没有感觉,直到你做事时,
that accidentally pushes the splinter deeper into your body. Then...ouch!
不小心将碎片按进身体里,然后发出“哎哟”一声惨叫 。
If you don't notice a splinter right away,
如果你没马上注意到皮肤上的碎片,
the skin around the splinter can gets a little puffy and red and sore.
那么碎片周围的皮肤可能会变得有些红肿酸痛 。
These are all signs that your body has noticed the splinter, and it's getting ready to heal your skin.
这些症状都表明你的身体已经注意到了碎片,正准备治愈皮肤呢 。
These signs also mean your body is doing its best to keep the splinter from going deeper into the skin.
这些症状也表明你的身体正竭尽全力阻止碎片陷得更深 。
But your body can't always heal from a splinter properly on its own.
但你的身体不能总是独自治愈碎片留下的伤口 。
That's why if you notice that you get a splinter,
这就是为什么如果你发现你被碎片扎了,
it's important to tell a grownup so that they can help take it out.
就要告诉大人,让他们帮你取出来,这很重要 。
Splinters, especially the ones made of wood, or another piece of a plant,
碎片,特别是木屑或植物的另一部分,
like a cactus thorn or prickle from a rosebush, can be covered with germs.
如仙人掌刺或是玫瑰刺,都可能携带细菌 。
When germs get inside of your body, they can start to multiply and make more germs.
当细菌进入身体时,它们会开始繁殖并产生更多的细菌,
That's what's called an infection.
这就是所谓的感染 。
So removing the splinter and the germs that might be on it is important!
所以,除掉碎片及其上面可能携带的细菌很重要 。
There's actually not a lot that goes into removing a splinter.
实际上,拔除碎片就几个步骤 。
Basically, your job is to hold still while someone uses a tool called tweezers to grab onto the splinter and pull it out.
主要就是,有人用镊子夹住并拔出碎片时,你要保持静止 。
Before the person helping you gets started,
在别人开始前,
you should wash the area around the splinter with warm water and soap.
你应该用热水和肥皂清洗碎片周围的皮肤 。
That will help to get rid of any germs on your skin,
这会帮你除去皮肤上的细菌,
which can help make sure you don't get in an infection.
保证你不会受到感染 。
Soaking the area around the splinter with warm water will also help to soften your skin,
用热水浸泡碎片周围也能软化皮肤,
which can make the splinter easier to remove.
使碎片更容易被拔掉 。
If the splinter is completely under your skin, meaning it's not sticking out anymore,
如果碎片完全陷入皮肤里,没露在外面,
the person removing the splinter might need to gently push the splinter until a little piece is sticking out.
挑刺儿的人可能需要轻轻挤一下,使碎片露出来一点儿 。
Then they can use a tweezers to grab onto the splinter and gently pull...
然后用镊子夹住碎片轻轻地拉...
and with a little luck, the splinter will come right out!
顺利的话,碎片直接就能出来 。
Afterward, it's a good idea to wash the area again with warm water and soap, and then cover it with a bandage.
之后,最好再用热水和肥皂洗一次,贴上绷带 。
A few days later you should be as good as new!
几天后,你就能恢复如初了 。
There are a few things you can do to keep from getting splinters.
有几种防止碎片的方法 。
One thing is to be careful when you're playing outside around plants that might have thorns or prickles.
一个是你在外面玩耍时,要当心有刺的植物 。
You can also try not to rub your hands over pieces of wood that are rough or worn out.
不要用手触摸粗糙或磨损的木条 。
And, of course, one of the best things you can do to keep your feet from getting splinters is to wear shoes.
当然,防止脚踩到碎片的办法是穿鞋 。
Now, I'm going to put on my shoes and head outside to play.
现在,我要穿鞋去外面玩了 。
Thanks for joining us for this episode of SciShow Kids!
感谢收看儿童科学秀 。
If you'd like to continue learning and having fun with me and Squeaks,
如果你想要继续学习,与我和吱吱共同玩耍,
make sure to hit the subscribe button and join us every week, here at the Fort!
就要点击订阅按钮,每周加入我们,我们在沃斯堡等你 。