(单词翻译:单击)
Today is a big day!
今天是个重要的日子!
No, Squeaks, it's not my birthday…
啊,Squeaks,今天不是我生日...
But it is the day that I take the bandage off of my elbow!
但却是我摘掉手肘绷带的日子 。
I was riding my bike the other day, and I had a little spill.
有一天,我骑自行车摔了一跤,
Luckily, I wasn't hurt too badly, but I did get a big cut on my elbow.
但幸运的是,没有伤得很重,只是手肘划了一个大口子 。
So I cleaned out the cut with warm water and soap, and put on a bandage.
所以我用温水和肥皂清理了伤口,贴上了绷带 。
But check it out! It's only a week later, and the cut's basically gone!
快看,仅仅一周,伤口基本不见了 。
That's because my body—and yours—has a way to to make cuts and scrapes get all better, or heal.
这是因为你我的身体有一种方法,能让伤口和擦伤变好或愈合 。
Even the ones that bleed.
即使流血也能愈合 。
Blood travels through your body in what are called blood vessels.
身体的血液通过血管流经身体各处 。
They're kind of like straws or tubes.
血管有点儿像吸管或导管 。
Most blood vessels are long and flexible, which means they're able to bend.
大多数血管长且灵活,这意味着它们能够弯曲 。
There are lots of really tiny blood vessels right under your skin.
你的皮肤底下也有很多的小血管 。
They can be thinner than a single hair!
它们可能比一根头发丝还细 。
When you get a cut that bleeds,
当你伤口流血时,
you end up with a hole in your skin that's deep enough to break some of those tiny blood vessels
你的皮肤就会留个小洞,深到足以弄坏一些小血管 。
It doesn't take long for your body to figure out that something's wrong,
用不了多久,你的身体就会不舒服,
and it starts to do something to stop the bleeding right away!
它会立刻采取措施阻止流血 。
Even though blood looks like it's just one liquid, there are actually a few different ingredients in it.
即使血液看起来仅是一种液体,但它却包含几种不同的成分 。
Like platelets, which look like little blobs.
如血小板,它们看起来像小斑点 。
They're way too small for you eye to see, but there are lots of platelets in your blood,
它们太小了,小到看不见,但你的血液中却有很多 。
and they start to fill up the hole your cut made in the blood vessel.
它们开始修复伤口留在血管上的洞 。
They act like a plug to stop any more blood from getting out.
它们就像塞子,阻止更多的血液流出 。
Your blood also makes a bunch of stringy fibers, which form a kind of a net, or web.
你的血液也会产生一束绳状纤维,它们组成一种网 。
The platelets stick to this web, and to each other, making a lump that completely covers the cut.
一个个血小板紧粘着这张网,组成结块完全地覆盖伤口 。
After a while, the lump dries out and gets hard.
不久结块就干了,变硬了 。
We call this brown, hard lump of platelets and fibers a scab.
我们称这个褐色的,由血小板和纤维构成的结块为痂 。
That's true! Squeakes. A scab is a little like a bandage that the body can grow all by itself!
Squeakes,这是真的,痂有点儿像身体自主产生的绷带 。
Under the scab, your body is hard at work,
在痂下,你的身体在努力地工作,
killing any germs that might have gotten inside of your body before the platelets plugged up the cut.
杀死所有血小板堵住伤口之前可能进入身体的细菌 。
Your body also fixes the holes in the blood vessels so that no more blood can leak out, and it starts to close the cut with new skin.
你的身体还会修复血管的小洞,使它不再流血,并开始用新皮肤来愈合伤口 。
As the new skin grows over the cut, the scab starts to get loose.
当新皮肤覆盖伤口后,痂开始脱落 。
Once enough of the hole is closed, the scab falls off, and you're as good as new!
一旦小洞完全愈合,痂脱落完,你就完好如初了 。
Now, for the tough part.
现在,到了最困难的部分 。
Even though it can be hard to do sometimes, leave your scabs alone!
尽管有时很难做到,但还是不要碰你的痂!
Don't pick at them, pull them off, or even scratch them.
别拉它们,撕掉它们,也别挠它们 。
Because the scab has an important job: it keeps germs that are outside of your body from getting inside of your body.
因为痂有一个重要的功能:它能阻止体外的细菌侵入到体内 。
If germs get inside of your body, they can cause an infection, which can make the cut hurt much worse.
如果细菌侵入体内,可能会导致感染,使伤口恶化 。
And if you pull a scab off, you might rip the skin that's growing over the cut,
如果你把痂撕掉,你可能撕的是正在覆盖伤口的皮肤 。
and your body would basically have to start all over again.
你的身体基本上要重新开始愈合了 。
After stopping the bleeding, making a scab, and growing new skin, it looks like my body's all done fixing the cut I got.
在止血、结痂,长出新皮肤后,我的身体看起来已经做好了所有的伤口愈合工作 。
Hey, Squeaks, wanna go for a bike ride?
嗨,Squeaks,想骑车吗?
Thanks for joining us at SciShow Kids!
欢迎收看儿童科学秀!
Do you have a question about your body, or anything else?
如果您对您的身体或是其他事有任何疑问,
Find a grownup and ask them to help you leave a comment below, or send an email to kids@scishow.com!
找个大人帮忙在下方留言,或发邮件至kids@scishow.com!
Thanks, we'll see you next time. You're there for.
很感谢您的收看,等我们 。