(单词翻译:单击)
In this American English pronunciation video, we're going to study American English by looking at a short text. Topic: evening plans.
在这段美语发音视频中,我们将会通过一小段文字来学习美式英语。话题:晚上的计划。
I call this a Ben Franklin exercise.
我把这个方法称为本·富兰克林练习。
This is when you take very good notes, very detailed notes, on what you're hearing.
这种方法就是根据你听到的内容做详细的笔记,
And then go back and try to record yourself based on what you've written down, the notes.
然后回过头来根据你所做的笔记试着自己录音。
Did you write down a Flap T, or the way two words link together?
你记下了一个浊音T,还是两个单词的连读方式呢?
After you've recorded yourself, compare it to the original. Did you do everything that you wanted to do?
给自己录完音后,与原录音进行对比。你做到想做的一切了吗?
In this video, we're going to take notes together.
在这个视频中,我们会一起来做笔记。
Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends in the West Village for pizza.
今天我要和朋友在“西部村庄”见面一起吃披萨。
We may stay in the West Village afterwards, or we may hop on our bikes and go up to UCB for a comedy show.
之后我们可能会待在“西部村庄”,也可能骑着自行车去UCB看一场喜剧秀。
One of the first things that I notice is that I've made this a Stop T rather than a Flap T.
首先,我注意到了在这里我发的是一个顿音T,而不是浊音T。
"Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends. Tonight." (loop three times)
今天我要和朋友见面。今晚。 (循环三次)
Often, when the T comes between vowels or diphthongs, in this case we have the AI as in BUY diphthong for "tonight",
通常情况下,当T出现在元音或复合元音中间时,比如说这里“tonight”里有单词“BUY”里面的复合元音AI,
and the AI as in BUY diphthong for "I", we would make that a Flap T to connect.
“I”相当于单词BUY里的复合元音AI,我们就会把这个T发成浊音,以此来连读。
But I made this a stop T, so there was a little break in the line. "Tonight I'm meeting, tonight, tonight."
但是我在这里发的是顿音T,所以这句话里有一处小停顿。“Tonight I'm meeting, tonight, tonight.”
"Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends. Tonight." (loop three times)
今天我要和朋友见面。今晚。 (循环三次)
I also notice that I've made this O a schwa: "to-, to-, to-, tonight."
我还注意到我弱读了O音:“to-, to-, to-, tonight.”
This T, on the other hand, was a Flap T, "meeting up, meeting up."
而另一方面,这个T是一个浊音T,“meeting up, meeting up.”
I did not release the P here, so that's a stop consonant. "Up, Up." My lips came together to make the P.
我没有发出这个P音,所以这是一个顿音。“Up, Up.” 嘴唇合在一起来发出P音。
But rather than releasing them, "up", I went right into the next word, "with". "Meeting up with some friends."
但是我没有发出这个音,“up”,而是直接发下个单词“with”的音。“Meeting up with some friends.”
I'm noticing, sort of to my surprise, that I also dropped the TH. "With some friends, with some friends."
我注意到了,有点让我惊讶的是,我还省略了TH的音。“With some friends, with some friends.”
"...up with some friends." (loop three times)
“...up with some friends.” (循环三次)
So, I took this function word, which will not be stressed (it is less important in the sentence) , and I dropped the final sound.
所以这个虚词不会被重读(它在句子中是次要的),我把它的最后一个音省略掉了。
"With some, with some, with some, with some friends in the West Village for pizza." It's very obvious to me there what the most stressed words are.
“With some, with some, with some, with some friends in the West Village for pizza.” 这句话里的重读单词很明显。
"In the West Village for pizza." (loop three times)
“西部村庄”见面一起吃披萨。(循环三次)
Let's start with the first four words: "in the West Village." "In the" was very quick.
我们先来看看前四个单词:“in the West Village.” “In the”非常快。
"In the." (loop six times) "West" and "Village" both had more time. "West, Village. In the West Village."
“In the.”(循环六次)“West”和“Village”的音都更长。“West, Village. In the West Village.”
So even though "in the" is two words, it was probably faster than the single word "West".
所以,即使“in the”是两个词,它或许要比“West”一个词更快。
"In the West, in the West Village."
西部村庄。
"In the West Village." (loop three times)
西部村庄。(循环三次)
And the final two words, "for pizza. For pizza."
最后两个词,“for pizza. For pizza.”
I definitely hear the first syllable of "pizza" as being stressed. The word "for" was reduced, it had the schwa, "for, (loop four times)for pizza, for pizza."
我听到单词“pizza”的第一个音节是重读的。单词“for”被略读,它是一个弱读音,“for, (循环四次) for pizza, for pizza.”
"...for pizza. (loop three times) In the West Village for pizza."
“...for pizza. (循环三次) In the West Village for pizza.”
"We may stay in the West Village afterwards": which syllable was the most stressed?
之后我们可能会待在“西部村庄”。哪个音节的音最重?
"We may stay in the West Village afterwards." (loop three times)
之后我们可能会待在“西部村庄”。(循环三次)
I definitely heard "stay" as being the most stressed. That's our verb. That's a content word, which will usually be stressed in a sentence.
我听到最重的音是“stay”。它是句子中的动词,实义词,也就是我们在句子里通常会重读的词。
Again "in the" was very quick.
“in the”在这里也很快。
"West" and "Village" were both stressed, as was "afterwards", but they had less curve to the voice.
“West”,“Village”和“afterwards”都是重读的单词,但它们音的起伏较小。
They were less stressed to me than the word "stay", which was louder.
它们比单词“stay”更轻,后者的音更重。
"We may stay in the West Village afterwards."
之后我们可能会待在“西部村庄”。
I notice that I did not reduce the word "or". That's one word that can reduce to "er, er, er": "or we may, or we may".
我注意到我没有略读单词“or”。这个词可以被略读为“er, er, er”:“or we may, or we may”
But here I said "or we may, or we may". I did not reduce the vowel.
但是这里我读的是“or we may, or we may”,我没有略读它的元音。
"Or we may hop on our bikes." (loop three times)
也可能骑着自行车。(循环三次)
"We may hop on our bikes." What do you think is the loudest, most stressed word in that sentence fragment?
也可能骑着自行车。 你认为这个句子片段里音最高,最重的单词是哪一个呢?
"We may hop on our bikes." (loop three times)
也可能骑着自行车。(循环三次)
I hear "hop", again, the verb.
我听到的是“hop”,还是动词。
"We may hop on our bikes and go up to UCB."
也可能骑着自行车去UCB看一场喜剧秀。
"And go up to UCB." I definitely reduced the word "and" here, by dropping the D, "and go up to UCB."
“And go up to UCB.” 我把单词“and”略读了,省略了D音,“and go up to UCB.”
"And go up." (loop three times)
“And go up.”(循环三次)
Again here, the word "up": I did not release the P sound, I made that a stop.
这里,我没有发出单词“up”的P音,我把它当成一个顿音。
"Up to, up to." Again, a reduction I did not do. The word "to" usually has the schwa sound in it.
“Up to, up to.” 这里有一个略读音我没有读出来。单词“to”通常有弱读音。
And instead, I left in the vowel "oo". "To, to." I usually reduce the word "to" in conversation.
但是我仍都出了元音“oo”。在对话中我通常会略读单词“to”。
"To."(loop three times) I did not do it here because I was talking into the camera, and I've noticed that I do use fewer reductions when I'm recording than I do in normal conversation.
“To.” (循环三次)我在这里没有略读是因为我在对着摄像头说话,我注意到我在录视频的时候用的略读要比平时对话用得少。
"to UCB (loop three times) for a comedy show."
“to UCB (循环三次) for a comedy show.”
"For a comedy show." I most definitely reduced this vowel to the schwa.
“For a comedy show.” 我把for里面的元音略读成了弱读音。
"For, (loop three times) for a, for a." So I also connected that word, very much so, to the article "a",
“For, (循环三次) for a, for a.” 我还把它与后面也被弱读的冠词“a”连读。
which is also pronounced as the schwa. "For a. (loop four times) For a comedy show."
“For a. (循环四次) For a comedy show.”
"for a, (loop three times) for a comedy show. For a comedy show."
“for a, (循环三次) for a comedy show. For a comedy show.”
Let's test your listening skills for stress. The word "comedy" is a three-syllable word. Which did you hear as being the most stressed?
我们来考一考你听重音的技能。单词“comedy”是一个三音节词,你听到的最重的音节是哪个呢?
"comedy." (loop three times)
“comedy”。(循环三次)
It's the first syllable. So, the last two syllables are lower in pitch and flatter, also maybe a little quieter than the stressed syllable.
重音是第一个音节。那么,后面的两个音节音调就更低更平,或许还要比重音音节更轻。
"-medy, (loop four times) co - medy. (loop two times) Comedy show."
“-medy, (循环四次) co - medy. (循环两次) Comedy show.”
I hope this has given you some ideas on how to take notes and study the speech of native speakers.
我希望这些在你做笔记和学习英语母语者演讲方面有所帮助。
Do this on your own. Take video and audio clips that interest you, or that have topics that are important to your field of work.
自己来做一下这个练习。找一些你感兴趣的视频或音频片段,或者是与你工作领域相关的主题。
After you take good notes, record the text yourself and compare to the original recording. What do you still need to work on, or what did you do well?
在你做好笔记之后,录下你读的文章,然后与原录音进行对比。你在哪些地方还需努力,或者在哪里做得比较好?
This is a great way to improve your pronunciation.
这是一个提高发音的好办法。
Just a few lines of text, but there's a lot to study about pronunciation.
这虽然只是几行话,但里面可以学到很多关于发音的知识。
These were my plans for tonight. What are you plans tonight?
这些就是我晚上的计划。你今晚的计划是什么呢?
Let me know by making a video and posting it as a video response to this video on YouTube. I can't wait to hear about your plans.
制作一个视频,把它作为视频回复来告诉我吧。我迫不及待地想要听听你的计划。
That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.
这次的学习就到这里,非常感谢使用Rachel's English。