(单词翻译:单击)
I've just been to see Her Majesty, the Queen.
不久前我去拜见了女王陛下
And I will now form a majority Conservative government.
现在 我将要建立以保守党为多数党的政府
I've been proud to lead the first coalition government in 70 years.
我很荣幸领导70年来的第一届联合政府
And I want to thank all those who worked so hard to make it a success
我也想感谢所有为了实现它而付出辛勤努力的人们
And in particular, on this day, Nick Clegg.
而在今天 我尤其要感谢尼克·克莱格
Elections can be bruising clashes of ideas and arguments
选举往往会演变成激烈的思想交锋与争论
And a lot of people who believe profoundly in public service.
很多对公共事业深信不疑的人
Have seen that service cut short.
都发现社会公共服务开支遭到了削减
Ed Miliband rang me this morning to wish me luck with the new government.
埃德·米利班德今天早晨打电话给我 祝愿新政府一切顺利
It was a typically generous gesture,
这是那些全心投入公共事业的人
From someone who is clearly in public service for all the right reasons.
所具有的那种典型的大度
The government I led did important work.
我领导的政府在过去几年间完成了重要工作
It laid the foundations for a better future.
它为创造一个更美好的未来奠定了基础
And now we must build on it.
而我们现在必须在这个基础上继续前行
I truly believe we're on the brink of something special in our country:
我坚信 我们国家就要做到一件意义非凡的事
We can make Britain a place
我们就要让英国成为
Where a good life is in reach for everyone who is willing to work and do the right thing.
每个勤劳正直的人都能过上好日子的地方
