《名人传记》之刺杀林肯第7期:完成自己的义务
日期:2016-09-26 20:26

(单词翻译:单击)

名人传记

To Whom it May Concern:Right or wrong, God judge me, not man.

敬有关人士 我的对与错 由上帝审判 而非人类

My love is for the South alone.

我心永系南方


Nor do I deem it a dishonor in attempting to make for her

企图囚禁南方的行为都是在玷污她

a prisoner of this man to whom she owes so much misery.

让她遭受了那么多的苦难

Edwin, our brother, voted for him?Yeah.For a false president.

我们的兄弟爱德温 竟然投票给林肯 是的 投给了一个错的总统

A tool of the North who means to crush out slavery by robbery, raping and slaughter!

他就是北方借烧杀抢掠想摧毁奴隶制 而选出的棋子

Oh, God grant that I may see the end.

上帝保佑让我预见结局

This country was formed for the white man and not for the black.

这个国家就是为了白人而生 不是为了黑人

Asia... lock this in your safe for me.I may come back for it.

爱莎 帮我把这个锁进你的保险箱 有朝一日或许我会回来取

But if anything should happen to me,open it alone,and send the letters as directed.

但若我遭不测 你就打开这封信 把信直接寄出去

For brother Junius and sister Rosalie and one other,to Whom it May Concern.

寄给朱尼厄斯和罗莎莉 还要寄给 有关人士

A Confederate doing duty upon his own responsibility.J. Wilkes... Booth.

一位邦联志士出于责任心 完成自己的义务 约翰·威尔克斯·布思

词汇解析

1、judge

法官;审判官

The judge adjourned the hearing until next Tuesday.

法官将听证会延至下周二。

Judge Mr Justice Schiemann jailed him for life.

法官席曼先生判处他终身监禁。

为(竞赛等)担任裁判;评定

Colin Mitchell will judge the entries each week.

科林·米切尔负责每周对参赛作品进行评判。

Entrants will be judged in two age categories: 5-10 years and 11-14 years.

参赛者将分成两个年龄段接受评判:5 至10岁和11至14岁。

判断;断定;评价;认为

It will take a few more years to judge the impact of these ideas.

要再花上几年的时间才能判断出这些想法的影响。

I am ready to judge any book on its merits.

我愿意根据每本图书各自的优点来作出评价。


2、come back

回忆起;回想起来

He was also an MP — I'll think of his name in a moment when it comes back to me.

他当时也是一位国会议员,他的名字我得想一下才能记起来。

When I thought about it, it all came back.

当我回想起来,往事全都涌上了心头。

重新流行;再度时兴

I'm glad hats are coming back.

我很高兴又开始流行戴帽子了。

分享到