《名人传记》之亚伯拉罕·林肯第49期:战死沙场
日期:2016-09-03 20:41

(单词翻译:单击)

名人传记

I assume I'll get used to you.But what you are to the nation,

我知道我能习惯你们 但是你们对于这个国家意味着什么

what'll become of you once slavery's day is done, I don't know.

你们被解放后的未来 我并不知道会怎样


What my people are to be, I can't say.

我不知道我的同胞是怎么想的

Negroes have been fighting and dying for freedom since the first of us was a slave.

黑人们一直在为自由而战斗牺牲 因为我们是第一批奴隶

I never heard any ask what freedom will bring.Freedom's a first.

我从未听说有人过问自由会带来什么 因为首先要得到自由

As for me,My son died, fighting for the Union wearing the Union blue.

至于我 我的儿子身穿联军的蓝色制服 为联军战死沙场

For freedom he died.I'm his mother.

为了自由而牺牲 我是他的母亲

That's what I am to the nation, Mr. Lincoln.What else must I be?

这就是我对国家的意义 林肯先生 仅此而已

My whole hand's gonna be proud in about five seconds.

不要多久我就能凑手好牌

Oh, it is? What you got goin'? Let's see how proud you gonna be.Yeah? Go away.

是吗 那我倒要看看 让你看看我的牌 干什么 走开

That watch fob, is that gold? You keep your eyes off my fob.Gentlemen Nines paired.you have a visitor. Oh my God damn.

那个表链是金的吗 别盯着我的表带 先生们 对9 有客人来了 去你的

Well, I'll be fucked.I wouldn't bet against it, Mr?

好吧 这下完蛋了 我也是这么想的 您是

W.N. Bilbo.Yeah, Mr. Bilbo.Gentlemen. Sir

比尔博 比尔博先生 先生们 先生

Why are you here? No offense, but Mr. Seward's

您怎么在这里 我无意冒犯

banished the very mention of your name,he won't even let us use fifty-cent pieces 'cause they got your face on 'em.

但苏厄德先生不允许我们提起您的名字 他甚至不允许我们用5美元的钞票 因为上面印有您的头像

The Secretary of State here tells me that, uh,you got eleven Democrats in the bag, that's encouraging.

国务卿告诉我 你们从民主党那里争取到11张选票 真不错

Oh, you've got no cause to be encouraged,Sir. Uh

您不会为了11张选票而高兴的 先生

词汇解析

1、assume

假定;以为;假设

It is a misconception to assume that the two continents are similar.

关于这两块大陆相似的假设是一种误解。

If the package is wrapped well, we assume the contents are also wonderful.

如果包装精美,我们就会认为里面装的也是好东西。

掌管,夺取,取得(权力);承担(责任)

Mr Cross will assume the role of Chief Executive with a team of four directors.

克劳斯先生将出任首席执行官,手下有4位经理。

If there is no president, power will be assumed by the most extremist forces.

如果没有主席,权力就会落入最极端的过激分子手中。

表现出(某种表情);装出,做出(某种样子)

He contented himself by assuming an air of superiority.

他表现出一副高高在上的样子以获得自我满足。

Prue assumed a placatory tone of voice.

普吕以一种安慰人的语气说话。


2、mention

(简短地)谈及,说起,提到

She did not mention her mother's absence.

她并没有说起她母亲不在场的事。

I may not have mentioned it to her.

我可能没跟她提过这件事。

(在文章中)提到,谈及(某人的名字)

I was absolutely outraged that I could be even mentioned in an article of this kind.

我大为恼火,我的名字居然出现在这种文章里面。

As for your father, he won't be mentioned in my will.

至于你父亲,我的遗嘱里不会提到他的名字。

分享到