(单词翻译:单击)
Since 1984, I have made millions simply by doing what the school system does not.
自从1984年以来,我仅仅是通过做学校教育没做的事情,就赚了数百万美元。
In school, most teachers lecture. I hated lectures as a student.
在学校,大部分老师都喜欢不停地讲解,我在当学生的时候就不喜欢这种授课方式。
I was soon bored, and my mind would drift.
因为我很快就会厌倦地走神。
In 1984, I began teaching via games and simulations.
1984年,我开始使用游戏和模板来教学。
I always encourage adult students to look at games as reflecting back to what they know and what they need to learn.
我常常鼓励我的成人学生要从游戏中发现哪些情况是他们所知道的,哪些是他们还需要学习的。
Instead of the teacher lecturing you, the game is feeding back a personalized lecture, custom-made just for you.
它不需要老师不停地讲解,它就像是一场个人间的对话,完全按照你的习惯定制。
The friend of the woman who left later called to give me an update.
后来我的朋友打电话告诉我那位女士的最新情况。
She said her friend was fine and had calmed down.
她现在很好,已经平静下来。
In her cooling-off period, she could see some relationship between the game and her life.
当冷静下来时,她发现那个游戏与她的生活之间的确存在着某种微妙的关系。
Just like a board game, the world is always providing us with instant feedback.
就像这种游戏一样,现实生活也总会给我们实时的反馈。
We could learn a lot if we tuned in more.
我们关注得越多,能够学到的也就越多。