BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》(MP3+中英字幕) 第40期:校领导的预言
日期:2016-04-18 14:15

(单词翻译:单击)

This is becoming a familiar walk for Bohunt headteacher Neil Strowger
查看中式学校的学生表现,已经成为博航特中学校长
off to check up on the pupils of the Chinese school.
尼尔·史瑞乔的例行公事
I am quite upset and professionally,
我有些担忧,从专业角度来说
I am very nervous at what I'm seeing and what I'm hearing is going on in some classrooms.
我在一些课堂的所见所闻让我有些紧张
Because it's just absolutely not what would be tolerated from a normal Bohunt teacher.
因为在博航特中学的老师看来,有些表现是决不能容忍的
Right. Here goes nothing.
好了,有点白费心思
Here we go. Nice fire regulation problem.
我们到了,消防设施有点问题
Mr Strowger has wheeled in Head of School Mr Vaughn to pay a surprise visit to the science lab.
史瑞乔先生带着教导主任沃恩先生来科学实验室做一次突击访问
Oh, my days. Oh, my God. I don't even have a pen.
我的老天爷,我连笔都没带啊
Daniel? Daniel? Danielle?
丹尼尔,丹尼尔,丹妮尔
Do you have a spare pen?
你还有不用的笔吗
Now, let's look at today's lesson. Thank you.
那么,我们来看看今天的课程,谢谢
Can you get the title down, please?
你们能把标题记下来些吗
Food chain.
食物链

BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》

When Mr Strowger comes in the room, you know you have to behave.
史瑞乔先生在的时候,你得知道你要老实一点
He just like, walks around the classroom, like...and you know you have to be quiet,
他就是,在教室里转悠,就像...然后你就得安静一点
because he's got the face on.
因为他表情严肃
Some animals eat plants and some animals eat each other.
有些动物食肉,有些动物食草
Do you know what you're doing? Sorry?
你知道你在干什么吗?对不起
Do you know what you're doing? And these, with green plants.
你知道你在干什么吗?那这些,是绿色植物
Why aren't you doing it then?
那你告诉我你在干什么
It's a bit like having the Prime Minister in your classroom.
这有点像首相就在我们教室
It shows the pupils who are being a bit disruptive.
就像告诉那些调皮捣蛋的孩子
This is very serious, this is a month of learning that should be happening.
我们是很认真的,这次的学习实验本该如此
It's starting to dawn on the Bohunt bosses why things are going so wrong in the Chinese school.
博航特中学的高层开始明白,为什么中式学校出那么多问题
I wouldn't say that we were pleased with what we saw,
我不觉得对我们的所见感到高兴
but that's possibly got more to do with the teaching and learning,
但较之纪律问题,我们可能应该
rather than any other disruptive behavioural concerns.
花更多时间提升教学质量
Can we write that down, please?
请同学们记下来
Just copy the food chain.
记下食物链就好了
I'm feeling quite irritated actually,
我其实感到非常不满
that the students are being subjected to such a tedious diet.
我们的学生在上如此乏味的一堂课
You've got a teacher stood at the front, basically talking to a PowerPoint.
我们的老师只是站在前面念幻灯片
I was only in the room for 20 minutes and I was ready to bang my head on the desk,
我只在教室待了20分钟就已经开始昏昏欲睡了
so I have the deepest sympathy for some of those students.
所以我对教室里的学生深表同情
If you want to make a note of where I'm talking to you.
如果需要记笔记
Now, it says here... Oh, they've gone. They've gone.
你可以记这里...哦,他们走了,他们走了
Oh, my days.
哦,我的天啊
Do you know what that reminded me of? Go on.
你知道我想什么了吗?什么
A Thursday afternoon class of my childhood.
我小时候在一个周四下午的一节课
Dying a thousand deaths in the heat, barely able to get your head off the desk,
天气热得要死,人困得不行
with somebody droning at you incessantly.
我的老师还在那里没完没了地说
Yeah.
是啊
I have a strong feeling that at the moment,
当时我很强烈地感觉到
the Chinese School is going to fail - and fail by a margin -
中式学校会以失败告终,而且是惨败
and I actually, genuinely now hope it does.
而且我是真心希望这件事发生
Because if that is the way we are going to have to teach,
因为如果要让我们以这种方式教育学生
if that is the most successful way of teaching, then God help us.
如果这是最成功的教育方式,那就请上帝保佑吧

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • marginn. 差额,利润,页边空白,边缘 vt. 使围绕于,加边
  • primeadj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的 n. 青春,壮
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • disruptiveadj. 破坏的;分裂性的;制造混乱的
  • regulationn. 规则,规章,管理 adj. 规定的,官方的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • tediousadj. 沉闷的,单调乏味的