BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》(MP3+中英字幕) 第12期:老师的开导
日期:2016-01-19 13:17

(单词翻译:单击)

Talk to me.
跟我聊聊吧
Is it just cos it's hard?
是因为太难了吗
I don't agree with that, not everyone did it really easily.
并不是这样的,不是每个人都觉得很轻松
But what you have to be really proud of is the fact that you finished it.
可你应该骄傲的是,你坚持跑完了全程
Are you proud of yourself?
你为自己感到骄傲吗
Cos you wanted to finish it, that's what you need to remember.
你并没有放弃,一定要记住这一点
So, if you're not excelling in PE,
所以如果你在体育上不出色
I guarantee you will be excelling in another area,
我保证肯定有一个领域你会表现得很好
and it will be like that for Harvey, for example, Katrina...
就像哈维和卡特里娜...

BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》

But maybe they find science more difficult than you, or maths more difficult than you.
可能他们会觉得科学比你想的难,或者数学比你想的难
Good boy.
好孩子
Miss Hogg's encouraging style is in stark
霍格老师的鼓励式教学
contrast to the more competitive Chinese approach.
与中国竞争式的教学形成鲜明对比
OK, hold your head up high, walk off the astro and be proud of yourself.
好了,抬起头来,别想太多了,振作点
The main difference between what just happened and what we do in PE,
中式体育课教学和我们的教学方法最主要的区别在于
is that we very much encourage them to just compete against themselves, do their best,
我们通常是鼓励他们要战胜自己,尽自己最大的努力
but I think when you put them in a setting like that
可当你把他们置于这种情况下
and they've got certain times to achieve,
要达到规定的时间要求
I think the pressure builds,
他们就会感受到压力
they do start comparing themselves to others and that's where the tears came from.
开始拿自己和别人对比,成绩不理想的就会觉得很伤心
The Chinese school is definitely a lot more competitive than Bohunt,
中式学校相比博航特竞争绝对要激烈得多
they...they think you're, I don't know, just rubbish.
他们会觉得你是废物
If you don't do very well, you're right at the back.
如果你做得不好,就会被人甩在后面

分享到
重点单词
  • encouragevt. 鼓励,促进,支持
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • settingn. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲 动词
  • competevi. 竞争,对抗,比赛
  • guaranteen. 保证,保证书,担保,担保人,抵押品 vt. 保证,
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损
  • contrastn. 差别,对比,对照物 v. 对比,成对照 [计算机]