血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第88期:案情回顾(10)
日期:2015-12-09 15:06

(单词翻译:单击)

All I had to do then was to do as much for Stangerson, and so pay off John Ferrier's debt.
我以后要做的事,就是要用同样的办法来对付斯坦节逊,这样我就可以替约翰·费瑞厄报仇雪恨了,
I knew that he was staying at Halliday's Private Hotel,
我知道斯坦节逊当时正在郝黎代旅馆里。
and I hung about all day, but he never came out.
我在旅馆附近徘徊了一整天,可是他一直没有露面。
I fancy that he suspected something when Drebber failed to put in an appearance.
我想,大概是因为锥伯一去不返,所以使他感到事情有些不妙了。
He was cunning, was Stangerson, and always on his guard.
斯坦节逊这个家伙确实很狡猾,他一直是谨慎提防着的。
If he thought he could keep me off by staying indoors he was very much mistaken.
但是,如果他认为只要呆在房里不出来,就可以逃避我,那么他就大错特错了。
I soon found out which was the window of his bedroom,
很快,我就弄清了他的卧室的窗户。

福尔摩斯探案集 血字的研究

and early next morning I took advantage of some ladders which were lying in the lane behind the hotel,
第二天清晨,我就利用旅馆外面胡同里放着的一张梯子,
and so made my way into his room in the gray of the dawn.
乘着曙色朦胧的当儿,一直爬进了他的房间里去。
I woke him up and told him that the hour had come when he was to answer for the life he had taken so long before.
我把他叫醒,对他说,很久以前他杀害过人,现在是他偿命的时候了。
I described Drebber's death to him, and I gave him the same choice of the poisoned pills.
我把锥伯死的情况讲给他听,并且要他同样拣食一粒药丸。
Instead of grasping at the chance of safety which that offered him,
他不愿接受我给他的活命机会,
he sprang from his bed and flew at my throat.
他从床上跳了起来,直向我的咽喉刺来。
In self-defence I stabbed him to the heart.
为了自卫起见,我就一刀刺进了他的心房。
It would have been the same in any case,
不管采用什么办法,结果都是一样,
for Providence would never have allowed his guilty hand to pick out anything but the poison.
因为老天爷决不会让他那只罪恶的手,拣起那无毒的一粒的。

分享到
重点单词
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • poisonn. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害 vt. 毒害,摧毁,中毒
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • cunningadj. 狡猾的,有眼光的,精巧的,可爱的 n. 狡诈,
  • graspingadj. 贪心的,贪婪的 adj. 抓的,紧紧抓住的 动