BBC地平线系列之《药物依赖》第46集:没有副作用的药
日期:2015-04-08 22:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

One day, the peaceful pill could
未来的某一天 安宁剂
be the last of the 14,000 you may have taken,
可能会成为你不加思索就服下的
packets and packets of pills
一盒又一盒的
you've probably popped without even thinking,
近14000颗药片里的最后一片
but should you be thinking about it more?
但是 你应该多思索一些吗
You show me a drug with no side effects,
如果一种药没有副作用
I'll show you a drug with no benefits.
那么它也不会有什么疗效
The difference between a drug and a poison is basically the dose.
药物和毒品的不同就在于剂量
It was so painful, I couldn't walk
我疼得厉害 有强烈恶心感
or I'd be violently sick
简直无法走路
and I got the shivers and my heart would race like crazy.
我会打寒颤 心跳得厉害
And I thought, "Christ, these are just painkillers," You know.
我想 上帝 这只不过是止痛药
But medicines have the power to cure...
但是药物有着治疗的功效
And improve the quality of our lives.
并且改善我们的生活质量
New drugs will be discovered...
新的药物将被不断开发
There is a huge opportunity now,
如今我们正面临巨大的机遇
probably greater than ever before,
也许比以往都要好得多的机遇
to make a new raft of medicines.
来开发大量新药

..And new uses found for drugs we already have.
以及发掘我们现有药物的新作用

重点解释

but should you be thinking about it more?你应该多思索一些吗

think about考虑;回想

I'll have to think about it.
我得想一想。

It's not just the food for the guests I have to think about there are all the etceteras as well.
我要考虑的不仅仅是客人的食物--还有其他各种东西。

You show me a drug with no side effects,如果一种药没有副作用

side effects副作用

This medicine has no side effect.

这种药没有副作用。

No doubt this is a side effect of using the disk as a virtual memory.

这无疑是用碟片当虚拟记忆体产生的副作用。

分享到