(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
For most of us it just happens.
对于大多数人 说话是自然而然的事
It's such a sophisticated skill
这是一项精妙复杂的技能
and yet children learn it so easily with minimal effort at all.
而孩子们却能够轻而易举地掌握
That's Mummy.
那是妈妈
And when you start thinking about it,
当我们仔细回味时就觉得
it is quite miraculous how the brain does it.
大脑做到这一切的方式多么不可思议
But despite decades of research,
尽管经过了数十年的研究
how we learn to talk remains a mystery.
我们如何学会讲话依旧是个未解之谜
How did this ability evolve?
这种能力是如何进化的
Why is it uniquely human?
为什么这是人类所特有的
And is it something we are born with
它是我们与生俱来的
or something that we learn?
还是后天习得的
It strikes me it's surprising and odd that
这让我觉得很惊奇
we know an enormous amount about, for example,
我们知道很多东西 比如说
the first fractions of a second in the history of the universe,
宇宙历史开始时那零点几秒的故事
but we really know very little at all
但对于什么东西使我们成之为人类
about what makes us human and where language comes from.
以及语言来自何处 我们几乎一无所知
重点解释
and yet children learn it so easily with minimal effort at all.而孩子们却能够轻而易举地掌握
at all完全; 根本
I assure you that you will feel no pain at all.
我保证你根本不会觉得疼的。
I don't think that's a bad idea at all.
我看这完全不是个坏主意。
how we learn to talk remains a mystery.我们如何学会讲话依旧是个未解之谜
learn to学习
I must learn to snatch at every chance to meet him.
我必须学会抓住一切机会同他见面。
A mountaineer must learn to stand the gaff.
一个登山运动员必须学会吃苦。
what makes us human and where language comes from.以及语言来自何处,我们几乎一无所知
come from来自; 起源于
We heard clink come from that room.
我们听到那个屋子传来叮当声。
He come from holland, but she come from Sweden.
他是荷兰来的,但她是瑞典来的。