(单词翻译:单击)
Sam, would you come in, please?
Sam,请进来一下,好吗?
You sound like something's bothering you, Susan.
看起来好像你有什么心思,Susan。
The sketches for the cover of the new doll book?
是新玩具书的封面设计?
That's not it.
不是这种事。
Please sit down.
请坐下。
Sure.
好的。
I need your advice on a personsal matter,
我有件私事需要听听你的高见,
but it's not about me.
但这不是关于我自己的事情。
You need my advice on a personal matter,
有私事需要听我的意见,
and it's not about you. OK.
而且不是关于你自己的。好的。
It's about my grandfather.
是关于我爷爷的。
What's the problem?
什么事?
It won't sound like a big deal,
这事听起来没啥严重的,
but it is.
但实际上很要紧。
I had dinner with him Saturday,
星期六我与他一起吃晚,
and he's very unhappy about not working.
他对没有工作感到闷闷不乐。
I thought he was retired
我原以为他退休了
and pleased to be living with the family.
乐于跟家人住在一起。
He is,
没错,
but there's so much energy and talent in the man,
但是他有那么多的精力和才能,
and he doesn't get to use it.
却又用不上。
But what can I do?
但我能帮什么忙?
What kind of advice are you looking for?
希望能得到什么建议?
Simply this.
简单说来是这样的。
John Marchetta runs this company.
John Marchetta 经营这家公司。
He founded this company.
他创办了这家公司。
Right.
对。
John Marchetta gave me my start here six years ago,
六年前, John Marchetta让我在这儿起步
When I first graduated from college.
那时我刚从大学毕业。
He gave me the chance to use my talents
他提供我施展才能的机会?
and made me feel more confident.
使我对自己更加有信心。
Right.
是的。
Maybe he can do the same thing for your grandfather.
也许他能为你爷爷做同样的事。
Or at least give him some advice.
再不然至少可以给他一些忠告。
Right.
对。
Then I've solved your problem.
那我替你解决问题了。
I can always depend on you, Sam.
我知道我可以依靠你, Sam。
I'm glad to help.
我很乐意帮忙。
Shall I call Mr. Marchetta for you?
要我替你打电话给Marchetta先生吗?
No, no. I'll do that.
不,不。我自己来。
Thanks.
谢谢你。
Now, how's the Stewart family?
那么,Stewart全家人怎么样?
Fine, thank you, Mr. Mrarchetta.
都好,谢谢你,Mrarchetta先生。
Except for my grandfather.
除了我爷爷。
What's wrong, Susan?
怎么啦,Susan?
What's wrong with him?
他怎么啦?
He needs to work.
他需要工作。
In fact, that is the reason why I'm here to see you.
事实上,这是我来见你的原因。
I know you're building a new factory,
我知道你在兴建一座厂房,
and I thought ... maybe ...
我觉得……也许……
my grandfather is
我爷爷
so experienced in the construction trade,
在建筑这一行业经验丰富,
he could be so valuable.
他或许能够有用。
Tell him to come and see me
告诉他来见我
at ten o'clock tomorrow morning.
明天上午十点钟。
I have an idea that may solve the problem for him
我有个主意也许能解决这个问题
and help a lot of other people.
且对其他很多人有益。
Really, Mr. Marchetta?
真的吗,Marchetta先生?
Can I tell him that?
我可以把这消息告诉他?
Sure can.
当然可以。
Ten o'clock in the morning. Here.
上午十点,在这儿。
Oh, thank you!
噢,谢谢你!