你好布拉德(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第26期 与妻子通话找熟人
日期:2018-05-14 17:24

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Hey.

Hey. So, Troy messed up,
嘿 那个 你儿子搞砸了
and we're at Harvard, and he doesn't have an interview.
我们到哈佛了 他没赶上面试
He got the day wrong.
把日子给记错了
Do we know anybody at Harvard?
我们在哈佛有熟人吗
I really want to get him an interview. I mean,
我真的想让他去面试啊
I just want them to meet him.
就让他们见他一面就好
Oh, who's at Harvard?
哦 谁在哈佛啊
Like, um, like, uh, like, like...
就是那个 那个 那个谁来着
Yeah, yeah, like, um...
啊 就那个 那个谁
Like... Like a dean.
谁啊 院长行吗
Babe, Harvard is Troy's first choice. Did you know that?
老婆 哈佛是儿子的第一选择 你晓得的
Yeah, yeah. And his counselor thinks he can get in.
是 我知道这事 顾问说他可以进的
Did you know that?
这你也知道吧
Yeah. Who do we know at Harvard?
我知道 所以啊 有熟人吗
Uh, I don't know. I mean, I got to think.
我不清楚 你让我想想
Like, um... Toni Morrison.
那个 托尼·莫里森
Toni Morrison?
托尼·莫里森
You know Toni Morrison?
你认识他吗
No. No, no, she teaches at Princeton.
不认识 不对 他是普林斯顿的
Melanie, what the fuck are you talking about, Toni Morrison?
你说什么呢 什么托尼莫里森
I don't know. Who would I know at Harvard?
我不知道啊 我上哪认识哈佛的人
Um... Uh, just, you know people in government.
呃 你不是跟政府的人有来往吗
Someone must have gone to Harvard. I mean, think.
总会有人跟哈佛有点关系 你再想想
It's Troy's future. Okay.
你儿子的未来啊 好好好
重点讲解

interview for a job, etc.
a formal meeting at which sb is asked questions to see if they are suitable for a particular job, or for a course of study at a college, university, etc.
面试;面谈
a job interview
求职面试
to be called for (an) interview
获通知约见
He has an interview next week for the manager's job.
他下周要接受一个经理职位的面试。

government
(often the Government) (abbr. govt) the group of people who are responsible for controlling a country or a state
政府;内阁
to lead / form a government
领导政府;组成内阁
the last Conservative government
上届保守党政府
the government of the day
当时的政府
Foreign governments have been consulted about this decision.
这一决定曾征求过他国政府的意见。

choice between A and B
an act of choosing between two or more possibilities; something that you can choose
选择;挑选;抉择
women forced to make a choice between family and career
被迫在家庭和事业之间作出抉择的妇女
We are faced with a difficult choice.
我们面临着困难的抉择。
We aim to help students make more informed career choices.
我们旨在帮助学生依据更多的信息作出职业抉择。

视频及简介
该片讲述了一名有着美好工作及家庭的男人,相当羡慕老同学们比他拥有更好的命运。而在陪同儿子前往大学途中的东海岸之旅,他不得不再次面对老友们给他带来的挫败感。

分享到