大西洋帝国第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第4集:吉米建立新的关系网
日期:2017-02-27 12:24

(单词翻译:单击)

Not so far from here
在离这不远的地方
There's a very lively atmosphere
人们生活安详
Everybody's going there this year
人人都去那里
And there's a reason, the season
只有一个缘由
Opened last July
雨季在七月到来
Ever since the USA went dry
美利坚此时却久旱不雨
Everybody's going there and I'm goingtoo
人人纷纷赶去,我也一样
I'm on my way to Cuba
我正在去古巴的路上
That's where I'm going
古巴就是我想去的地方
Cuba, that's where I'll stay
古巴,我要住的地方
Cuba, where wine is flowing
古巴,美酒飘香
Cuba, where all is gay
古巴,基佬的天堂
Why don't you plan a wonderful tripto Havana?
为何你不去哈瓦那游览一番
Hop on a ship and I'll see you
跳上一艘大船
In CUBA.
咱们古巴再见
What the fuck is wrong with you?
你他妈的发什么神经
Look at the soldier boy!
看看这个当过兵的
You'd have pissed your pants if youwere wearing any.
你要是穿裤子肯定尿了
You think it's funny?
你觉得很有意思是吧
Easy, Princeton. I was fuckin'playing.
别生气,高材生,我就是和你玩玩
I need the keys to the car.
我要车钥匙
I can't hear out of my ear.
我都失聪了
Quit your bellyaching and go back tosleep.
别抱怨了,赶紧抱着妞睡觉吧
What the hell's going on?
发生了什么
It's okay. I'm okay.
没事,我没事
you're bleeding. what?
你流血了,什么,
This is never gonna work out.
这一招肯定不好使
What?
什么
No! Oh, come on, you shouldn't have.
别这样,你不能这样
Now who planned this? Nucky?
这是谁的主意,努基,
Jesus! Fuck.
天呐
How long you been standing there?
你在哪站多久了
I very shortly.
我刚进来
What do you want? I was rehearsing aspeech.
什么事,我在准备演讲呢
You asked to review the guest listfor the party.
你要求重新检查一下聚会的宾客名单
Right, yeah.
对,没错
Well, let's hear it.
好的,念给我听
Hank Adamo, Steven Mueller
汉克·阿达莫,斯蒂文·穆勒
I'm giving a speech next week
下周我要给餐馆工人商会
To the restaurant workersassociation.
做一次演讲
What I was rehearsing.
我在准备的就是这个
Yes. Richard Berman
好的,理查德·贝尔曼
I'm going shopping.
我要去购物
Get something pretty.
买点亮眼的
You know, you tore me apart lastnight.
你昨晚可把我整的够呛
Jesus, Lucy.
矜持点,露西
Make sure you invite governorEdwards.
记得要请爱德华兹州长
he will not come. I know. Despitethat.
他不能出席,我知道,尽力请,
Can you believe they elected thatasshole democrat nohoper?
他们居然选了这么个民主党的窝囊废
I booked suites for Senator Edge andMayor Hague.
我给艾治参议员和海牙市长
Visiting royalty
最高规格接待
Edge especially.
特别是艾治
hand me my shoes. which ones?
把鞋给我,哪一双,
make sure Edge gets the bigger suite.mmhmm.
给艾治找间大点的房间,好的,
He's my ticket to that roadappropriations money.
他是我要到那批道路拨款的关键
Ja.
好的
Almost 30 million for Jersey alone.
差不多能给泽西带来三千万美元
You can bet your keister
打赌吗
I'm gonna get a piece of that pie.
我肯定能分一杯羹
It's an expression "A piece of thepie."
这是一种表达方式,分一杯羹
Don't you have pie in germany?
德国没有羹吗
We have strudel.
我们有稀饭
Just make sure everybody gets laid.
给他们每个人找个妞
"Could it be the beautiful youngwoman "
那个在河岸边颤颤巍巍,
Found shivering in the river
的年轻美女
Is actually who she claims to be
竟然自称是
The daughter of the czar of russia,
俄国沙皇的公主
The grand duchess anastasia?"
阿纳斯塔西娅公爵夫人
It's like a fairy tale.
简直像童话一样
"Was she assassinated at the hands ofthe bolsheviks
"是她逃过了布尔什维克的追捕,
Or did she masterfully escape thefate
还是先知先觉离开了
Of her doomed royal family?"
她的凄惨红楼"
Give me it. Mine.
给我,我的,
Give it to me! pipe down or you'llget a spanking.
给我,别打架,再闹打屁屁了,
There's no need for that now, isthere?
这个现在没必要吧
You spoil them.
你这是浪费
Look at this.
看看这个
"Anastasia romanov,
阿纳斯塔西娅·罗曼诺夫,
Thought dead these past three years,
本被认为三年前已经死亡
Could very well be the rightfulidentity
却因罹获失忆症而以安娜·安德森
Of Anna Anderson, the amnesia victim
的身份继续生活
Now claiming to be the princess."
现在有可能被重新宣布授予公主身份
Who's a princess? you are, mydarling.
谁是公主,你是,我的宝贝,
And I'm the queen of England.
那我就是英格兰之王
Really?
真的吗
Where's your sense of romance, Edith?
你的浪漫情怀呢,伊迪丝
It left along with my husband.
和我丈夫一起入土了
Read the funnies, mama.
给我们读笑话吧,妈妈
Mind your manners. Please?
要讲礼貌,请您给我们读笑话吧,
All right, quickly.
好的,我快点读
Then I've got to leave for work.
然后就去上班
Let's see what mischief
我们看看
Mutt and Jeff have been up to.
莫特和杰夫又遭遇什么恶作剧了
Sorry. Does it hurt?
抱歉,疼吗
A little bit.
有点
You should try some opium.
你该来点鸦片
There's a den in chinatown.
唐人街那有个地方卖
let me take you? I don't know.
我带你去,再说吧,
With all those hopheads?
和那些瘾君子们一样
It's divine it really is
那感觉棒极了,真的
For whatever ails you.
能治愈你所有的痛苦
That fella Al he can be really scarysometimes.
那个叫阿尔的家伙,他有时候真可怕
He's all right. He's just frombrooklyn is all.
他挺好的,就是一身布鲁克林的习气
Is that where you're from?
你也是哪来的吗
Atlantic city. mm.
大西洋城,这样,
Star prairie, Wisconsin.
威斯康辛的牧场之星
Right, sure.
没错
Don't pretend like you ever heard ofit.
别装作好像听过的一样的
What's it like?
那是什么样的
Well, grandpa was the first white manborn in town,
爷爷是那镇子里第一个降生的白人
Pa was the first man got sent tostate prison,
老爸是第一个被送去州立监狱的人
And ma was the first woman run overflat by a car.
老妈是第一个开车飞跃房子的人
So you could say I've got a lot tolive up to.
所以是我的人生还是有很多值得骄傲的地方
I'll say you do.
我看也是
So did you really go to college?
你真的去上过大学
Where'd you hear that?
你从哪听到的
Al's always calling you princeton.
阿尔老叫你高材生
Yeah, well, where I come from,
是的,我上过
Some people had an idea about what Iwas supposed to be.
一些人给我的建议
your pa? no.
你老爸,不是,
That's not something he'd do.
不是我老爸
There's a fella, kinda like kindalike Torrio here.
他很像这里的托里奥
He saw me along through the years.
他将我养大
That's that's over with now.
现在这种关系结束了
so what's your idea? beg yourpardon?
那你怎么想,你说什么,
About what you're supposed to be.
你会成为什么样的人
That's a good question.
好问题
I looked at your book while you weresleeping.
你睡觉的时候我看了你的书
Yeah? What'd you think?
是吗,你觉得怎么样
I'm heading west myself, like thegirl in the story
我正在前往西部的路上,就像书里的女孩子一样
California, as soon as I save up.
一旦攒够钱就去加州
You're gonna be in the pictures?
你要去拍电影
Gee, I don't know, may be.
我也不知道,可能把
Well, you're certainly pretty enough.
长相肯定是够格了
Don't kid a kidder. You are.
别哄小孩了,真的,
You're prettier than Lillian Gish.
你比莉莲·吉许还漂亮,美国着名演员
I'd watch you.
我看好你
Would you save me from my brutishfather?
你能把我从我残暴的老爸手里解救出来吗
He's out of prison?
他出狱了
Like Lillian Gish.
我跟莉莲·吉许一样
"Broken Blossoms"?
《凋谢的花朵》
I'd sure give it a shot.
我肯定会去试试
Well, then maybe I'll let you comewith me.
那说不定我会让你跟我一起走
You'll let me?
你会让我跟你走吗
I might.
可能会
How come?
为什么
'Cause I think you need taking careof.
我觉得你需要有个人照顾你,
What the fuck is taking you so long?
你他妈的怎么去了那么久
We've been trying, Nucky.
我们很努力了,努基
It ain't like we haven't askedaround.
我们得四处查问
Asked around?
四处查问
You're trying to solve a murder, notfind a lost cat.
你是去解决谋杀案的,不是去找猫的
A cat would be easier. Nobody caresabout some colored kid.
找猫倒容易些,根本没人在意那黑人小孩
Chalky cares, so that means I care.
朝琪在意,我就在意
And you can bet your ass comeelection day you're gonna care too.
如果选举日对你很重要的话你也会在意的
Control Atlantic city, you controlAtlantic county.
控制了大西洋市,就控制了大西洋郡
Control Atlantic county
控制了大西洋郡
Control New Jersey, I know.
就控制了新泽西州,这我知道
If you know, then you'd know how much
你要是真知道,你就该明白有色人种的投票
we need the colored vote.
对我们有多重要
Like it or not, they're 20% of thecity, Eli.
他们占了城市人口的百分之二十,你得接受事实
And they vote the way he tells 'emto,
他让他们怎么投他们都会怎么投
so drink your damn coffee.
喝你的咖啡去
They vote the way I tell Chalky totell them.
我让朝琪告诉他们怎么投他们才会怎么投
He drives a Packard, Nucky, becauseof you.
他全靠你才开上帕卡德的
He lives in a house bigger than themayor.
他住的房子比市长的还大
You seriously think he'd ever riskall that,
你真以为他会拿这些东西冒险
let his people vote democrat?
仅仅为了让他的民众给民主党投票吗
At this point, no.
这个时候不是
But there are limits to what he cansell those people,
虽然他对民众的控制是有限的
and a lynching's not one of them.
滥用私刑肯定不行
If word got out He needs you, Nuck.
如果消息泄露,他需要你,努克,
No one's ever gonna know. And weneed him.
不会有人知道的,我们也需要他,
One hand washes the other and bothhands wash the face.
要礼尚往来才能共同渔利
Take a lot of suds to wash Chalky'sface.
要跟朝琪一起获利还真费劲
You can wait in the hall.
你,出去等着
I don't like that fella. I neverhave.
我不喜欢那人,从来都不喜欢他
He's a good man, Halloran ready andable.
哈罗兰很能干,反应快,也有能力
Just step it up, will ya?
上心点,行不
Gillian, fix it.
吉莉安,帮我装这个
Let me see, darling. Gillian?
乖乖,我看看,吉莉安,
You know most women are proud to becalled grandma.
很多女人会以被称作奶奶为荣
Not while the peaches are still inseason.
尚有风韵的女人可不这么想
I shouldn't be very long. Oh, takeyour time.
我一会就回来,别急,
I've got my man to keep me company.
我有小男子汉在这做伴呢
Say goodbye to mama. Bye, mama.
跟妈妈说再见,妈妈再见,
Let's see here.
我们来看看
Oh, they make such shoddy merchandisethese days.
现在的东西也太粗制滥造了吧
You know when your daddy was a littleboy,
你爸爸小时候
He had a blue tin train with biground wheels.
有一辆大轮子的蓝铁皮火车
A choochoo. That's right, it was achoochoo train.
是火车头,没错,就是火车头,
And it was a gift from one of myadmirers.
是我的一个追求者送的
He was in the dry goods business.
那人做布匹生意
All better.
这样好多了
What do you say? Thank you.
你该说些什么,谢谢你,
Where's my kiss?
不亲亲我吗
You are gonna break a million heartsone day.
你以后会掳获无数芳心的
You know that?
你知道吗
Run along now. There you go.
跑火车吧,给你
Mrs. Darmody? Yes?
是达莫迪太太吗,有什么事,
I'm a friend of James.
我是詹姆斯的朋友
His friends call him Jimmy.
他的朋友都叫他吉米
So who are you really?
你到底是谁
I'm a whatdoyoucall
我是,你们怎么说来着
an acquaintance from New York.
纽约来的一个熟人
That part I suspected.
这点我很怀疑
What's your name? Never mind myname.
你叫什么,别管我叫什么名字,
Is he here or ain't he? He's not.
他到底在不在家,他不在,
Then where is he? Maybe he's upyour ass.
他去哪儿了,也许他在你家等着上你呢,
Have you considered looking there?
你要不要回去找找
You got a fresh mouth for a broad.
你可真会说话
Maybe I need you to smack it for me,right?
也许你该扇我几个耳光试试
The roughneck bit
像你这么粗俗无礼
Is that what the little girls aregoing for these days?
现在的小女孩都好你这口吗
Filthy immigrants,
肮脏的移民
Christkilling Jews,
不尊重我主的犹太人
anarchists of every stripe...
形形色色的无政府主义者
dangerous though they may be, make nomistake, my brethren,
兄弟们,虽然他们很危险,却从不犯错,
It is the coon that is the true baneof our great nation.
黑人才是我们伟大国家的害群之马
Up from the south they come like somany rats,
他们像老鼠一样从南方涌进来
feeding on jobs heretofore reservedfor white men;
抢走了此前本属于白人的工作
Veterans, patriots, true Americansall,
老兵,爱国者,这些真正的美国人
consigned to the bread lines, theirfamilies starving
却要排队等着救济,他们的家庭在挨饿
while the nigger gorges himself.
黑鬼们却在狼吞虎咽
It is our godgiven right,
上天授予了我们权力
it is our christian duty to eradicatethis scourge
赋予了我们基督徒职责,驱逐这些祸害
Nobody move!
都不许动
Who's in charge here?
谁是这里头儿
State your name. Joseph EarlDinler,
叫什么名字,约瑟夫·厄尔·丁勒,
Grand cyclops of the knights of theKu Klux Klan,
三K党骑士中的独眼巨人
Atlantic county branch. Lose thedunce caps.
大西洋郡分会领袖,拿掉头罩,
You too, cyclops.
独眼巨人,你也拿掉
You're the fella who owns thehardware store on Pacific.
你是那个太平洋城五金店的店主
He sold me linseed oil not a monthago.
不到一个月前我还跟他买过亚麻籽油
If you're here to rob us, take whatyou will and leave
如果你们是来抢劫的,想拿什么都拿走
with what little conscience you mighthave.
然后带着你们仅存的一点良心滚出去
Drop the act. You know who I am.
别装腔作势了,你知道我是谁
You're a grafter, a whoremonger
你是个贪污犯,是个嫖客
and a bootlegger. You're thinkingof my brother.
也是个私酒商,你说的是我哥,
Let's go. You're under arrest.
走吧,你被捕了
Everybody else stay in your seats.
其他人都待在原位
What's this about?
这是怎么回事
Being in the klan's not against thelaw.
种族集会又不违法
No, but stringing up darkies is.
当然,但吊死黑人就违法了
Yeah, we got our rights.
我们也有权利
You gotta be reasonable, huh?
你得通情达理,知道吗
Mr. Sheridan says I can't be buyingfrom nobody else.
谢立丹先生说我不能向别人买
You're good then, 'cause we ain'tnobody else.
别担心,我们又不是别人
This is Johnny Torrio's territorynow.
现在这里是强尼·托里奥的地盘
You should talk to Mr. Sheridan, no?
你该跟谢立丹先生谈谈,好吧
I don't know nothing. What do youmean you know nothing?
不关我的事,什么叫不关你事,
You Greeks you got intelligence.
你们希腊人,不是最聪明吗
I mean, you invented arithmetic,right?
算术不就是你们发明的吗
I don't know. Yes.
我不清楚,是吧
Then you should know what happensnext.
你就该知道接下来会怎样
See, I say you gotta buy from us,
我要你向我们买
then you give me some lip, then thenext thing you know
你还在这里唧唧歪歪,所以接下来
You all right, Demo? Hey, you gotsomething to say?
迪莫,你没事吧,你有话要说吗,
What happens now is I help you up.
接下来我要扶你起来
But not really.
你想得美
Al. Please, why you do this?
阿尔,别,你为什么要这样做,
Al, come on. Come on what?
阿尔,别这样,别怎样,
I'm in the middle of a fuckingconversation.
我他妈的跟他话还没说完呢
Next I break every bottle in thisfuckin' joint.
接下来我要打断你手筋
Please, no! Good.
求你别这么做,那好,
These people look thirsty,
这里的人们都渴得很
so you'll want a big order when thetruck comes around.
所以拉货过来的时候你得给我下个大单
Oh yeah, if Sheridan got a problem...
对了,如果谢立丹有什么问题
you tell him to come see me.
你让他来见我,
I'm at the Four Deuces over onWabash.
我在沃巴什街上的四点平沙龙
Are you staying for supper?
你还想留下来吃晚餐吗
Demo, Demo, are you all right?
迪莫,你怎样了
Help me get him up.
帮我扶他起来
We have the pianist the fat one.
我们安排了那位胖胖的钢琴家
Remember you like him.
就是你喜欢的那位
Roast beef, rack of lamb,
还有烤牛肉,烤羊排
oysters on the half shell, lobster,
半带壳的生蚝,龙虾
and for the wine I have chosen
酒类我选了
a Chateau Margaux.
玛歌红葡萄酒
The fuck is this? What?
这是什么,怎么了,
This.
这个
This fucking lip rouge.
这儿有个唇印
I will take care of it immediately.God fucking damn it.
我这就去处理好,真他妈的,
I will see that they wash them twice.How hard do I work?
我让他们多洗几遍,我做事不卖力吗,
The pressure I'm under...
我的压力很大
Is it too much to ask that
难道我他妈的想简简单单
if I have a simple goddamn birthdayparty
过个生日这要求很过分吗
That the silverware, the crystal
连银餐具,水晶餐具
that they be clean? Nucky, I havetaken
都洗不干净,努基,我已经,
Can I trust you to do anything right?
你还能做好我交给你的任务吗
The war, the antiGerman bullshit
那些战争,那些反德国人的烂事
did I not stick with you despite allthat? Yes, you
哪次我不是不顾一切地支持你的,你是,
And this is the fucking thanks I get?
然后你就这样回报我吗
This filthy piece of shit that somewhore
我只能得到某个妓女血瓢似的野鸡嘴
left her cocksmeared lip rouge on?
留在杯子上的下流唇印吗
Do you want me to drink from this?No.
你想让我用这个杯子吗,不是的,
Do you want my guests to drink fromthis?
还是想让我的客人们用这杯子
No, of course not.
当然也不是
You there, boy, scrub these goblets.
你过来,把杯子洗干净
Everything
每件餐具
Please do your best.
拜托你们,尽力而为吧
Morning. How'd you sleep?
早,睡得好吗
You Klan fellas
你们这群三K党
Get you in front of a crowd, can'tshut you up.
聚众闹事时聒噪异常
In private though...
落了单就蔫了
I told you 100 times
我跟你说过一百遍了
I don't know who hung that coon.
我不知道是谁吊死了那个黑鬼
Oh, I believe you. I really do.
我相信你,真的
The thing is though,
可问题是
I gotta be sure.
我必须得确认万无一失
What the hell are you doing?
你这是要干什么
Voila, madame. Enjoy.
夫人请拿好,慢走
A la prochaine. Bon soir.
欢迎再次光临,晚安
Marguerite.
玛格丽特
Yes, madame Jeunet.
什么事,茱内特夫人
I will require you this evening.
我今晚要你帮忙
You must stay.
你一定要留下
I'll need to make arrangements forthe children.
我得回去带孩子
Rosalie she did not have children.
那我不如雇罗萨莉,她可没有孩子
Yes, ma'am. Monsieur Thompson...
好的,夫人,汤普森先生,
Tonight it is his birthdaycelebration.
今晚是他生日宴会
You will deliver to Miss Danzigerthis dress,
你去把这件礼服送给丹齐格小姐
to Babette's, the nightclub.
到巴贝特夜总会
Miss Danziger? the paramour.
丹齐格小姐,她是,
What is it? The sweetheart of Mr.Thompson.
汤普森先生的情妇,不对,心上人
Yes, of course.
是,没问题
You will be there to Babette's by10:00,
你要在十点之前赶到巴贝特夜总会
and then you shall wait
然后在那儿候着
until after Miss Danziger does thesurprise.
等到丹齐格小姐送出惊喜之后
The silk fringe, the beading
这些真丝流苏和穿珠
it is very delicate,
精细脆弱
so you must assist her in putting iton.
所以你必须小心帮她穿着
Very important. Yes, ma'am.
这非常重要,是,夫人,
You mentioned I must wait until afterMiss Danziger's surprise.
你说我要等丹齐格小姐送出惊喜
What surprise is that? I don't know.
是什么惊喜,我不知道,
This is why it is the surprise.
所以才叫做惊喜
Bonjour, madame.
日安,夫人
You wanna branch out, that's jakewith me,
你想发展势力,我无所谓
so long as it puts money in mypocket.
我只要有钱赚就好
But what I don't need at any price
可如果搞出不必要的麻烦
is a fuckin' headache.
我会很生气
I'm gonna straighten it out, Ipromise.
这事我会摆平的,我保证
How? By smackin' around bartendersfor the next six months?
靠什么摆平,四处殴打酒保吗
This fuckin' Sheridan is a pain in myass.
这个他妈的谢立丹就是我的眼中钉
I'm gonna talk to him, John, soon ashe gets here
我会跟他谈的,约翰,他一到我就开始
Work out an accommodation.
我去跟他达成和解
Believe me, you're gonna be rollingin it.
相信我,一定让你满意
I'm going.
我要走了
I got a plantas wart on my foot.
我脚上生了个跖疣
It hurts like a son of a bitch.
疼得要死要活的
You see that?
看出来了吗
he knows I can handle it.
他知道我处理得来,'cause
Or maybe he actually has a plantar'swart.
说不定是他真的长了跖疣
Don't be jealous 'cause I'm movingup, pal.
老弟,哥要发达了你可别嫉妒
I got big coattails.
哥不是忘本的人
I move up, you're coming along forthe ride.
哥得了道,你也能升天
You got me all wrong. I'm justpassing through.
你可高看我了,我不过是过客而已
It's them. Some free advice:
他们来了,送你个建议
You don't invade a country all atonce.
要想搞侵略,绝对不能鲸吞
You take it over one piece at a time.
要一步步蚕食
Act nice, negotiate for a portion.
态度要温和,只要他让出一部分
A couple months you expand. Thenbefore you know it,
然后扩张上几个月,你还不知是怎么回事
You're controlling his entireterritory.
他的地盘就全是你的了
Mr. Sheridan? Who the fuck are you?
S谢立丹先生,你是哪根葱,
Al Capone. This is Jimmy Darmody.
阿尔·卡波尼,这位是吉米·达莫迪
Where the fuck's Torrio?
托里奥人呢
Mr. Torrio sends his regrets.
托里奥先生未能前来,深表歉意
He had some pressing business toattend to.
他有些生意上的事情急需处理
What does he call this?
那他想怎么办
He says you should talk to me.
他让我来跟您谈
I gotta say this is very insulting.
你们这是看不起我
I come all the way down here in thesnow.
我冒着大雪远道而来
Trolley's ain't even running.
连电车都停运了
Can we offer you anything? Somecoffee, some whiskey? No.
您要喝的吗,咖啡还是威士忌,不必,
Forget California. Today I'm headingeast.
让加利福尼亚见鬼去吧,我要去东边,今天就走
Chinatown. I'll see you later, okay?
唐人街,我们回头见,
So how's the Greek fella?
那个希腊伙计怎么样了
Probably at the dentist
八成还在牙医那儿
getting the shoe leather out of hischops.
从上颚里往外抠鞋革
That fella gotta learn some manners.
他该学学规矩
I'd say a lot of fellas do.
很多人都该学学规矩
Wh, are you talking about me, pally?
兄弟你这是含沙射影吗
Mr. Sheridan, we asked you down hereto work out a compromise.
谢立丹先生,我们请您来是为了和解
The way that we see it, Greektown isbig enough for all of us.
在我们看来,希腊街足够我们分享
You New York fellas make me laugh.
你们纽约人说话真可笑
You come out here from Brooklyn orwherever the fuck
你们从布鲁克林还是哪儿的鬼地方跑来
and you act like you own the town.
大模大样好像是这儿的主人
he's from jersey. I don't give afuck where he's from, boyo.
他来自泽西,我才不管他他妈从哪儿来,
He's in Chicago now.
这里是芝加哥
Mr. Sheridan, I didn't mean anydisrespect.
谢立丹先生,我无意冒犯
The point is is that we haveambition... The point is this:
我们的立场是我们有,我们的立场是,
You stay the fuck out of Greektown orthere's gonna be trouble.
你别来希腊街,我们井水不犯河水
We're already in Greektown, sonny.
小老弟,我们已经在希腊街立足了
We've been in greektown sinceColosimo took over.
自从科洛西莫上台我们就一直在这儿
Maybe you didn't hear, but Colosimoretired
或许你是没听说,科洛西莫早下台了
on account of that bullet in hisfuckin' head.
因为他脑门上挨了颗枪子儿
Johnny Torrio, also from Brooklyn...
同样来自布鲁克林的强尼·托里奥
he runs things now and he's takingover your territory.
现在是大老板,他要接管你的地盘
And what? There's no room fornegotiation?
怎么,连谈判的余地都没有吗
There might be.
或许有
Well, how's about he take a piece ofmy action?
从我的生意中抽成如何
How much?
几成
10%.
一成,
25.
两成半,
All right, fine.
好,成交
Let's call it 50.
那就五成吧
50?
五成,
You heard me.
你没听错
I don't want any trouble, okay?
我不想惹麻烦
Tell Torrio he gets what he wants.
捎话给托里奥,他心想事成个
Fuckin' loudmouth. I knew he'd cave.
装孙子的怂货,就知道他会投降
That's one way of reading it.
这是你的看法
I was born in Elgin, Texas.
我出生在德克萨斯州埃尔金市
My daddy taught himself the carpentertrade
我爸爸自学了一手好木匠活
doing for the black folk there.
帮当地黑人做活
And I tell you,
我跟你说
anything that man put his hand to...
凡是他经手的家什
table, chair, wedding chest
桌椅也好,装嫁妆的箱子也好
He make that wood sing.
都精巧得不得了
Now one day a man,
可是有一天
Mr. T.O. Purcell, come round.
来了一位T.O.帕塞尔先生
He a white man, own his own store,
他是个白人,有自己的商店
a stable, hotel.
马房,还有旅馆
He say to my daddy, "I hears you thefinest carpenter in Elgin."
他对我爸爸说, "听说你是埃尔金最棒的木匠"
My daddy tell him, "Well, I can't sayone way or the other,
我爸爸对他说, "是不是最棒我不好说"
But I knows a bit about somethin'."
"可我略懂些手艺"
So Mr. T.O. Purcell take my daddy
然后T.O.帕塞尔先生就带我爸爸
to this house he was building
去看他正在建的一所房子
biggest house in town.
那是城里最大的房子
They walk in there, say,
他们在工地上走着,说道
"This here gonna be the library.
"这里将会是图书馆"
What you think 'bout that?"
"你怎么看"
My daddy say,
我爸爸说
"Well, I thinks you need somebookcases."
"我想书架是少不得的"
"Well then, that's what I want you tomake me."
"很好,我正想让你为我造书架"
month my daddy work there.
我爸爸在那里工作了十个月,10
And then when he finished, he bringme round.
他完工的时候,把我带了过去
"Mr. Purcell, this here my boy.
"P帕塞尔先生,这是我儿子"
I'd like to show him what I done."
"我想让他看看我的成果"
"Well, come on in through the frontdoor."
"快进来,走正门"
Just like that.
就这样
And we did.
我们进去了
When I seen them bookcases
我看到了那些书架
all carved with scroll and flowers,
雕刻着涡卷装饰,花朵
baskets of fruit,
花篮盛的果实
little angels floating in the corner,
转角处飞舞着天使
That was the most beautiful thing Iever seen.
那是我见过的最美的东西
About a month later another man comeround.
一个月之后又来了一个人
seen what you did for T.O.
"我看了你给T.O.造的书架" "I
I can't let that old dog top me.
"我不能允许那个老不死的超过我"
You come round my house and I'll showyou what I need."
"你来我家,我告诉你我要做什么"
My daddy go with him to the edge oftown.
我爸爸跟他去了城郊
Wasn't nothing there but six whitemen,
那里等着他的只有六个白人
of rope,
十二尺绳子,12'
and the pepper tree they hung himfrom.
和那棵吊死他的漆椒树
These here are my daddy tools.
这些是我爸爸的工具
What are you gonna do with them?
你打算用他们做什么
I ain't buildin' no bookcase.
我不会用他们造书架的
And now for you edification andenjoyment ,
为启发和愉悦众位嘉宾
we take you to ancient Rome.
让我们回到古罗马
withness the ritual bathing ofAurelia,
亲眼目睹凯撒大帝之母
mother of the great emperor JuliusCaesar.
奥蕾莉亚的沐浴仪式
Behold her palace slaves who have nochoice
她的宫殿里,奴隶们别无选择
but to submit to her every imperialwish.
只能屈从于她专横的愿望
It wasn't the Klan.
不是三K党的人干的
How do you know? He told me.
你怎么知道,他告诉我的,
And you believe him?
你相信他了
There's a point which if a man stillsticks to his story,
如果到了某个程度,还坚持自己的说法
that's a man that's telling you thetruth.
那么他所说的都是事实
We passed that point about 10 minutesago.
十分钟前,我们实践过了
Surprise!
惊喜
Oh my god! What?
我的老天,这是什么情况
I had no idea.
太出乎我意料了
What do you tell a woman with twoblack eyes?
你会和有两个黑眼圈的女人说什么
Nothing.
什么都不必说
She's already been told... twice.
因为她已经被告知...两次了
Now that's one way to deny 'em thevote.
现在这也是拒绝她们投票的方式
I thought you were all forthat,senator.
我以为你能接受呢,参议员
I am... on the record.
的确能接受,有证可循
So long as they vote republican.
只要是投给共和党就可以
We democrats feel the same way.
我们民主党也这样认为
May that never fucking happen.
愿此事永不发生
It is happening, boys.
已然如此了,兄弟们
states already ratified.
三十二个州已经生效了,32
Those suffragettes did their job.
那些妇女参政权论者成功了
I think they all need a goodrogering.
我觉得她们需要好好调教一番
Right, dearie? I know I do.
对吗,亲爱的,正合我意,
It's nothing to be afraid of.
没什么好怕的
You just gotta give 'em what theywant.
让她们得偿所愿即可
Who knows what that is? It doesn'tmatter.
谁知道她们想要什么,没关系,
Women don't have the mind forpolitics.
女人们都没什么政治头脑
You're assuming they have minds atall.
你应该假设她们有头脑
I have brains, you know.
我有头脑
Buttercup No no, let her speak.
宝贝,别这样,让她说,
Lucy. Let the little lady be heard.
露西,让年轻的女士把话说完,
Please, angel, tell us your thoughtson the league of nations.
天使,请告诉我们你对国际联盟的看法
The what? The
什么,国...
The league of nations.
国际联盟
There was a big meeting in Paristhree weeks ago.
三周前,巴黎举行了一次大型会议
Well, I don't know about that leaguething,
我是不知道什么联盟
but paris sure sounds swell.
但巴黎听起来相当不错
You wanna take me, daddy?
你要带我去吗,老爸
Now there's a thinking woman.
这儿有个有思想的女人
Go get me a fresh one, okay? Okay,baby.
帮我续杯,好吗,好的,宝贝,
Perhaps she's not the best example.
也许她还不是最好的榜样
Relax, will ya? I've been
放松点,我一辈子
dealing with mugs like this my wholelife.
都在处理这些乱七八糟的事
I asked around, Al.
我四处打听过了,阿尔
This Sheridan is a serious fella.
谢立丹是个严肃的家伙
No offense, but these micks they comeon strong,
无意冒犯你,但是这些爱尔兰人很强大
it's just the booze talk.
说的都是醉话而已
Now if they were Sicilian, they'd bea different story.
如果他们是西西里人,就不一样了
Gentlemen?
先生们
We're ready for you.
我们做好了
I gotta say thanks, pal.
我得谢谢你,兄弟
I know this can't be cheap.
我知道价格不菲
Springing for some new threads?
为新衣服而雀跃吗
Well, it's mighty whity.
这可是麦迪·维迪
A little fruity, but we'rebusinessmen, right?
有点奢侈,但我们是生意人
Gotta look the part.
要穿得像样些
You get that over there?
在战场受的伤吗
The MeuseArgonne.
默兹阿尔贡战役
It's been killing me lately.
差点杀了我
Them heinies cut us both up, huh?
那些德国佬,伤了我们两个
Lousy bastards. Right.
可恶的混蛋,没错,
The slim cut very a la mode.
修身剪裁,现在非常时髦
That means "Right on the money."
完美极了
The wide shoulders a very masculinesilhouette.
宽肩设计,很有男子汉气概
What does the gentleman think?
两位先生意下如何
Wife's gonna shit.
我老婆要为我疯狂了
Yes, please. Keep it coming. That'sright.
就这样,酒不要断,这就对了
Mrs. Schroeder, welcome.
施罗德夫人,欢迎你的到来
Mr. Thompson. Happy birthday.
汤普森先生,祝你生日快乐
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Oh, I'm to deliver this gown to MissDanziger.
我来给丹齐格小姐送礼服
Oh, of course.
当然
I'll put it in the dressing room foryou.
我替你放到更衣室
I trust Isabelle is treating you allright?
伊莎贝尔一定对你还不错
Madame Jeunet? Yes, she is.
茱内特太太吗,是的,对我很好
Is that what she makes you call her?
她让你这样称呼的吗
Well, there's the birthday boy.
寿星佬在这儿呢
Enjoying yourself, Walter?
玩得开心点,沃尔特
I'll soldier on as best I can.
我尽力而为
May I present senator Walter Edge
我来给你介绍,这位是华盛顿来的
up from Washington,
沃尔特·艾治参议员
and the honorable Frank Hague, mayorof jersey city.
这位是尊敬的弗兰克·海牙,泽西市市长
Gentlemen, Mrs. Margaret Schroeder.
先生们,这位是玛格丽特·施罗德夫人
Mrs. Schroeder. Ma'am.
施罗德夫人您好,夫人好,
A pleasure, I'm sure. May I get youa drink?
认识两位是我的荣幸,可以请你喝一杯吗,
Whiskey, gin? Thank you, no. I don'tdrink.
威士忌还是杜松子酒,谢谢,我不喝酒,
Mrs. Schroeder is a member of thewomen's temperance league.
施罗德夫人是女性禁酒联盟的成员
A fine organization.
很好的组织
It is.
的确如此
Well, I guess I stepped in it, huh?
我有点陷进去了,是吗
You're not a suffragette, I hope.
我希望你不是妇女参政权论者
Not officially at least. Ah, anotherone, eh?
也不完全是,又一个妇女参政权论者,
I come from a country where womenalready have the right to vote.
我的国家妇女早已享有投票权
In fact, in most civilized countries
事实上,大多数文明国家的
women are afforded that privilege.
妇女都已给予这项权利
Well, in this country we're simplytrying
在这个国家,我们只想
to protect women from the hard truthsof life.
保护妇女免受真实生活之苦
By denying them the right to take ameaningful part in it?
通过否决她们意义重大的参与权吗
It's a shame you see it that way.
很遗憾你这样看
Oh, it isn't just me, sir.
不止是我这样看,先生
It's most women who'd like the rightto vote.
大多数妇女希望享有投票权
And as you've learned, if you
正如你所知
withhold from a woman something shedeeply desires,
如果你们抑制她们内心深处的渴望
then she'll surely find a way
她们就会想法设法
to withhold something that youdesire.
来抑制你们的渴望
And what might that be? Alcohol.
对什么的渴望呢,酒,
Well, now, they haven't done
现在看来,他们的工作
a very good job of it, now have they?
还没做到位,不是吗
Well now, the party's only juststarted.
现在宴会已经开始了
Walter, I think you've met yourmatch.
沃尔特,我觉得你碰到对手了
Mrs. Schroeder, I'll see you to thedressing room.
施罗德夫人,我送你去更衣室吧
Gentlemen. Ma'am.
先生们再会,再会,女士,
Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Edith day.
女士们先生们,欢迎伊迪丝小姐
I hope you're not offended by all thedrinking.
希望这些酒不会冒犯到你
Old habits die hard. If they die atall.
旧习难改,确实如此,
Well, that's a very practicalperspective.
非常实际的观点
I'm a very practical woman.
我是讲求实际的人
Well then, I suppose we should dance.
那么,我们跳个舞吧
In my sweet little alice blue gown
当我初次漫步在城中
When I first wandered down into town
穿上我漂亮的蓝色小礼服
I was both proud and shy as I feltevery eye
那些目光让我自豪而羞涩
But in every shop window I primpedpassing by
在路过的每个橱窗里打量自己
Then in manner of fashion I'd frown
以时髦的方式皱起我的俏眉
And the world seemed to smile allaround
世界似乎在对我微笑
Till it wilted I wore it
直到我身穿的礼服垂下
I'll always adore it
我始终喜爱着它
My sweet little alice blue gown
我漂亮的蓝色小礼服
Then in manner of fashion I'd frown
以时髦的方式皱起我的俏眉
And the world seemed to smile allaround
世界似乎在对我微笑
Till it wilted I wore it
直到我身穿的礼服垂下
I'll always adore it
我始终喜爱着它
My sweet little alice blue gown.
我漂亮的蓝色小礼服
Thank you, Mrs. Schroeder.
谢谢你,施罗德夫人
It's always a pleasure.
和你跳舞是我的荣幸
It was all mine.
您抬举了
Your attention.
大家注意
Your attention, please.
大家请注意
Hit it, fellas.
音乐起,伙计们
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
Which nobody can deny
谁都不能否认
Which nobody can deny
谁都不能否认
Which nobody can deny
谁都不能否认
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是好人
Which nobody can deny.
谁都不能否认
Welcome, boys.
欢迎你们
Al here?
阿尔在吗
Be back later.
一会儿才来
What about the other one? Uh, Jimmy.
另一个呢,叫吉米的
We don't cater to poofs, fellas.
我们不招待同志,兄弟
He recommended one of the girls.
他给我推荐了一个女孩
I forget her name.
我忘了名字叫什么
Pearl probably.
可能是珍珠吧
Yes, yes.
对对
That's her.
就是她了
Gotta face facts, Nuck
你得面对现实,努克
We have a democrat for governor now.
我们的州长是民主党人
These matters have to be finessed.
这些事情必须要小心处理
And in the meantime, what?
而与此同时呢,要怎么办
I lose my road money to Frank?
我修路的钱就都给弗兰克了
People up north don't need roads?
北方的人们就不需要道路了吗
Actually, Frank, they don't. Relax,boys.
其实他们真的不用,弗兰克,放轻松,小伙子们,
There's plenty of dough for everyone.
好处够每个人分的
Well, I'll take mine now.
那我现在就要自己的那份
There are limits, Nucky. Jesus.
额度是有限制的,努基,天啊
You can't expect to have everything.
你不能太随心所欲了
Is that what I told you
当初我把你推上州长宝座的时候
when I put you in the governor'smansion?
你是这么说的吗
Nucky... And in the senate?
努基,在参议院的时候呢,
Have I not thanked you enough?
我对你的报答还不够丰厚吗
You were the best campaign managerI've ever seen...
你是我见过最好的竞选经理
hell, that ever was...
比谁都强
But you've got to understand this iscomplicated.
但是你得理解这个事情很复杂
I've got hotels that no one can getto
我的旅馆没人能去
except by stinking train because theroads
除非是坐火车,因为到大西洋城的
to Atlantic City are rivers offucking mud.
公路都他妈的泥泞不堪
We need paved highways so cars cancome and go.
我们需要平整的高速公路让汽车畅通无阻
So cars can come and go...
让汽车畅通无阻
Is that what you're worried about?
你是在担心那个吗
And trucks. Trucks full of liquor.
还有卡车,装满酒的卡车,
What's that, lemonade in your hand?
你喝的不就是吗
I'm just proposing we call a spade aspade.
我只是提议我们打开天窗说亮话
Fine. How's this?
行啊,这样如何
You don't need the road money upnorth and you fucking know it.
你知道你不需要北方的修路费
The people of Jersey City
泽西城的市民
need highways just as... Jersey Citymy balls.
需要高速公路,去他的泽西城,
You're looking for a payoff so you'llback the fuck away.
你就是想在里面吃回扣然后慢慢享受
So why not save us all time and giveme a number?
那干脆给个具体数字也好节省大家的时间
I'll need to do some calculations.
我需要计算一下
Fine. Finally.
好,总算有结果了
You fucking democrats, boy. Now now.
你这该死的民主党,好了好了,
Let's not let party politics
我们不能让党派政治
affect what's best for the people.
左右民众的最高利益
Jesus, Walter, have you packed forthe white house already?
上帝啊,沃尔特,你已经打算向白宫进军了吗
No, but when I'm there,
没,但如果我在那
maybe I can help you
也许可以通过控制爱德华兹州长
by controlling Governor Edwards.
为你提供一点便利
"Maybe."
"也许"
Oh now, let's not let our best daysbe behind us, shall we?
好了,不要扫了今天的好兴致
I'm through with this champagne.
我的香槟喝完了
What's your pleasure, Senator?
你想喝点什么,参议员
I'll have a pimm's cup.
给我来个皮恩杯
Eddie.
埃迪
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
We have no pimm's cup tonight.
今晚我们这没有皮恩杯
What do you mean? There is nopimm's.
你说什么,没有皮恩杯,
Name anything else, senator.
点点别的吧,参议员
I'll have a brandy.
我要一杯白兰地
Ja.
是,
Why, is there no pimm's?
为什么没有皮恩杯呢
Easy, will you?
放松,好吗
Like I said,
我说过的
You can't expect to have everything.
你不能太随心所欲了
You all set?
你准备走了吧
What's your hope?
你还想怎么样
This ain't a love story, Bub.
我们又不是在谈情说爱,小家伙
You're nice, classy.
你美丽,善良
You don't even seem like a whore.
看起来完全不像是妓女
Thanks.
谢谢
Your friend there, Jimmy... he gotgood taste.
你那位朋友,吉米,他很有品位
I'll pass on the compliment.
我会转告他的
Come here.
过来
I gotta get back downstairs.
我得回到楼下去
Let me look at you.
让我看看你
Something to remember you by.
让我能记住你
No kissing. No, I know.
不能接吻,当然,我知道,
Jesus, you're like a fucking angel.
天啊,你就像个天使
Yeah, okay. Come on, let's go.
是的,好了,来,我们走
You ready for tonight, huh?
你已经为今晚准备好了,是吧
Russian princess revealed as fraud
俄国公主被曝欺诈
I need a pack of smokes and a paper.
我要一包烟和一份报纸
I'd have loved to have been there.
我本来想去的
I just didn't think you'd
我只是觉得你不希望
want this kind of news on yourbirthday.
在自己的生日上收到这种消息
I don't want it the day after mybirthday either.
但我过完生日也不想收到
I didn't know he'd take that fella'sfinger, Nuck.
我没料到他会砍掉那家伙的手指,努克
For your signature.
请您签字
Senator Edge ran up quite a bill.
艾治参议员出手可真阔绰
$1800?
一千八百美元,
He said to thank you for a wonderfultime.
他说感谢你让他度过了一段好时光
Do I return the Klan guy's ring?
还要我还给三K党徒的戒指吗
Or is that adding insult to injury?
那样是不是往伤口上撒盐
How's she doing?
她怎么样了
The doctor's given her a sedative.
医生给她打了镇定剂
Can't I see her?
我能看看她吗
She needs to sleep, kiddo.
她需要休息,孩子
Is it bad?
很严重吗
Go on.
回去吧
I'll put these in a vase.
我会把这些放到花瓶里
Cheer up.
振作点
It happened to me. I'm stillbeautiful.
我也经历过,但是现在我还是很帅
It wasn't me made a muck of it.
不是我的错
You dopes killed the wrong coon.
你们这些傻瓜弄错人了
He drives a packard you said. But itwasn't chalky.
你说他开的是帕卡德车,但是那人不是朝琪,
You hung a fella works for him.
你吊死了他的一个马仔
He got the message, didn't he?
反正他收到消息了,不是吗
He probably crapped his drawers.
他肯定都吓得屁滚尿流了
Then why is he still operational?
那为什么他还在酿酒
It was your idea in the first place.How should we know?
你才是始作俑者,我们怎么会知道
Where's our dough anyways? I need anew topcoat.
我们的钱到底在哪儿,我要买件新外套
Which brother is this now? Teo.
这是兄弟里的哪一个,泰奥,
Teo, Leo, ignacious.
泰奥,里奥,都是无名小卒
What are youse, all named afterpopes?
你们的名字都是以教皇命名的吗
What of it? You don't like god orsomethin'?
你有什么了不起的,长得像哪个人物吗
Whoa, take it easy.
别紧张
clams, Mickey.
那可是七千美元,米奇,7,000
Where's our fuckin' money?
我们的钱在哪儿
Okay okay.
好的,好的
I'll get it.
我去弄
From where?
从哪儿弄
What do you say I get you a deal
我这有笔生意
put three grand in your pockets?
能让你们赚三千,你觉得怎么样
Yeah, I'm listening.
可以,我在听
Nucky Thompson.
努基·汤普森
One of his ward bosses makes a nicefat collection
他背后的一个政界名流每周五
by The Ritz every Friday.
都会在丽兹酒店收一大笔钱
Nucky's joint? Nucky's money.
努基的分成,努基的钱,
It's candy from a baby, I tell ya.
我跟你说拿那钱犹如探囊取物
All right, you dope out a plan.
好吧,你来定个计划
But you botch it up, my brother'sgonna give you
但是你要是又失手了,我的兄弟会给你
a haircut you'll never forget.
好好理个发,让你永生难忘
What's this?
这是什么
From Nucky Thompson.
努基·汤普森送来的
Senator Edge
艾治参议员收
Pimm's Cup
皮恩杯
I do expect to have everything
我真的希望能随心所欲
Waiting for someone?
在等人吗
Yeah, actually.
是的
I've been waitin' to see you.
我一直在等你
Here I am. What do you want?
那我来了,你想怎么样
Cat got your tongue?
怎么哑巴了
You've been following me around fordays.
你都跟踪我好几天了
You must have some idea.
你一定有什么想法
I think you already know what I want.
我觉得你知道我想要什么
No, dear. I only know what I want.
不,亲爱的,我只知道我想要什么
Meet me here after the last show.
演出结束后在这里见我
Madame Jeunet? One minute.
茱内特太太,等一下,
Yes? What is it?
好的,什么事
I'm done.
我完工了
a.m. Tomorrow for inventory.
明早九点来盘点库存,9:00
Yes, ma'am.
是,太太
Good evening, Madame Jeunet.
晚安,茱内特太太
Bon soir.
晚安

分享到
重点单词
  • amnesian. 健忘症,记忆缺失
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • adorevt. 崇拜,爱慕
  • senatorn. 参议员
  • bleedingn. 出血;渗色 adj. 流血的;同情的 v. 出血;
  • inventoryn. 详细目录,存货(清单) vt. 编制(详细目录)
  • tinn. 罐头,锡,听头 adj. 锡制的 vt. 镀锡于
  • lively活泼的,活跃的,栩栩如生的,真实的
  • insultvt. 侮辱,凌辱,辱骂 n. 侮辱,辱骂
  • portionn. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任