大西洋帝国第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第9集:税钱又涨了
日期:2017-02-27 16:26

(单词翻译:单击)

It's crazy.
这太疯狂了
While it's happening you don't think you'll ever forget it.
事情发生的时候你觉得那么难忘
Then once it's over, you can barely recall a thing.
但一旦结束了,你却几乎什么都记不起来
But it's them, right?
但确实是他们,没错吧
You're sure these are the guys who held you up?
你确定他们就是抢你钱的人
Absolutely. These three definitely
没错,就是他们三个,
This is the little prick who spit in my face.
这是那个吐我口水的小混蛋
The d'alessio brothers a family of dagos out of philly.
迪阿西莱奥兄弟,家住在费城城外的意大利人
Secondstory men who graduated to stick ups.
因为抢劫二进宫,刚放出来
They robbed Bookbinder's in '17, the restaurant.
他们在一九一七年抢了布克宾德的餐馆
Killed two customers, shot a waiter in the face.
杀害了两名顾客,爆了一个侍者的头
Jesus christ. Little bastard called me fat.
天呐,小畜生敢叫我胖子,
They're fucking killers, George.
他们是杀人犯,乔治
Sounds to me like you got off easy.
能活着就算你命大了
Why, sure. I was just...
确实,我只是
I need to talk to my brother.
我得和我弟弟谈谈
Feel better, eh?
安心养病
These fucking guineas they're desperados, nuck.
这些可恶的鬼佬,就是一群杀人不眨眼的暴徒
We gotta track 'em down and squash 'em
我们得赶在他们制造更多命案之前
Before they spill more blood.
找到他们,干掉他们
It's not just blood I'm worried about;
死几个人我不担心
It's ink. You see the paper today?
关键是舆论,你看今天的报纸了吗
June doesn't like to upset me.
琼不想让我心烦
Fletcher, this reformer running for mayor
弗莱彻,这个改革家在竞选市长
He gave an interview alleging corruption
他接受采访披露了
In both the mayor's and the sheriff's office.
现任市长和治安官的腐败情况
He mentioned me by name?
他提到我的名字了
"Has mayor bacharach even questioned "
巴赫拉特市长是否曾经质询过,
What sheriff Eli Thompson was doing
治安官伊莱·汤普森凌晨三点时
At an illegal casino at 3:00 A.M.?"
为什么出现在地下赌场"
So I was there. So what?
我就出现了,怎么着吧
How's he know I wasn't answering a call?
他怎么知道我不是在打电话
Because he knows, Eli. Everybody does.
他就是知道,伊莱,每个人都知道
It just never made the paper before.
只不过从来都没人提出来过罢了
Fuck 'em.
操他妈的
Let them write what they want.
他们愿写什么就写什么吧
The election, Eli
选举,伊莱
We gotta keep the tide flowing in our direction.
我们得保证选举不能失控
I'll get out then, press the flesh,
我会适当出面,做做姿态
Drum up some support.
争取一些支持
What about your spleen? Dr. Surran says you should rest.
你的脾脏怎么办,苏林医生说你需要休息
How do you rest your spleen?
这玩意怎么休息
Come on, Grant. That water was cold.
行了,格兰特,那水是凉的,
Let's tell the ladies. Oh, that was amazing!
我们去告诉那位女士,那太棒了
Way out there.
从这出去
Do you believe in love at first sight, Mrs. Schroeder?
施罗德太太,您相信一见钟情吗
It's a rather romantic notion.
很浪漫
It happened to me the day I saw Warren.
我和沃伦就是这样
Senator Harding?
哈丁参议员吗
I was 16,
我当时十六岁
And he was the handsomest man
他是我见过的最英俊的
I'd ever met.
男人
Of course he wasn't senator yet.
当然那时候他还不是参议员
He ran the newspaper back in Marion.
他在马里昂有家报社
Houdini's brother his name is Hardeen.
霍迪尼的弟弟,叫哈登
And when I first heard Harding,
当我第一次听到哈丁的名字
I thought it was him running for president.
我还以为是哈登去竞选总统了
He loves me
他很爱我
And he loves his baby daughter.
也很爱我们的女儿
But America needs him
但是国家需要他
And so I have to sacrifice.
只能我做出牺牲
Marguerite.
玛格丽特
Good morning. Madame jeunet.
早上好,茱内特太太,
This is a friend of mine, miss Nan Britton.
这是我的一位朋友,南·布里顿
She needs a few outfits for the season.
她需要几件应时的服装
C'est gentil. We exist to oblige.
好的,这是应该的
Maryska.
玛丽斯卡
Maryska!
玛丽斯卡
See the mademoiselle to the dressing room.
带这位小姐去试衣间
This way.
这边请
A cow waiting to be milked
吃不饱的懒货
The Polish girl.
这个波兰姑娘
No grace, no charm.
粗鲁,难看
Well, I imagine she's still learning.
这些东西还得慢慢学啊
A head like a cabbage.
头像卷心菜一样
But she will work for pennies.
但是她可以帮男人"服务"一下
You see what I am reduced to?
你看到我的窘境了吧
Is business slow, ma'am?
生意不好吗
My dear marguerite,
我亲爱的玛格丽特
How you have blossomed.
真是容光焕发了
Mr. Thompson is quite generous with his attentions.
汤普森先生对他的女人一向很大方
He does treat me well.
他确实待我不错
The finest things for the finest ladies,
最好的服装配最美的女士
As it must be here.
一定就是这件了
But the cost is very high,
价钱太贵了
And then on top I must pay.
自有人付钱
Pay whom? Mr. Thompson of course.
谁,当然是汤普森先生,
Oh, you mean the city.
你是说公款
I am told now I must pay double.
我被告知现在要付双倍
Everyone must.
每个人都是
I have saved nothing, marguerite.
我什么都没存下,玛格丽特
All to run the shop.
全靠商店支撑
I am a woman alone.
我是个单身女人
You understand this.
个中辛苦你了解的
Can you not speak with your alderman?
你能不能不告诉辖区的市政官
You can speak for me
你可以替我向你
To the man who gives you his attention.
的男人说说
II wouldn't know what to say.
我不知道怎么说才好
Say that he is handsome; how happy he makes you;
说他很英俊,他多么让你满足
And how can you buy the things that make you pretty for him
告诉他女为悦己者容
If there is no belle femme?
但是如果没有了贝拉法蜜
Help me, marguerite.
帮帮我,玛格丽特
You have power you do not suspect.
你的能力远比你想象的大
Oh bonjour, madame.
您好,女士
Leave no stone unturned.
用尽千方百计
You and your men wire every department
让你的人把从费城到匹斯堡的警局电话
From philly to pittsburgh.
都打一遍
You should also write to Nucky.
还有写信给,努基,
Jesus. A little notice would've been nice.
天呐,就不能事先通知我一声
I sent a telegram. We have received nothing.
我给你发电报了,我们没收到,
I will call the Western Union to complain.
我去打电话投诉西部联合电报公司
I'd offer you coffee, but it looks like
本来想给你上杯咖啡,不过看来
You've already helped yourself.
你也不是很客气
The train the dining car was out of service.
火车,餐车不营业
You haven't been home? I thought I should see you first.
你还没回家,我觉得应该先来见你,
Have them send up a steak. Ya.
让他们送块牛排来,是,
So you're here.
你还是来了
I assume you've accepted my offer? With conditions.
答应我的提议了,有条件的,
My friend Richard Harrow you met him in Chicago.
我的朋友理查德·哈罗,你在芝加哥见过的
The man in the iron mask? He's a war hero.
戴铁面具的那个,他是战斗英雄,
I'd like him to join me. What's under there?
我想让他和我一起来,他的脸怎么了,
He's missing his cheekbone, his jaw.
颧骨和下巴都没了
Basically the whole left side of his face is gone.
基本上是左边那张脸都没了
And he's still alive?
那还能活着
Medicine, huh?
真是医学奇迹啊
A lot of fellas still alive probably shouldn't be.
很多不应该活着的人还苟且偷生
Well, I know a few myself.
我就认识几个
The D'alessio brothers out of philly. Another condition:
迪阿莱西奥兄弟,费城人,另一个条件,
We keep what we discuss only between us.
我们之间的事情不能让第三个人知道
Wait outside.
出去等着
So these are the guys that robbed the casino?
这些就是抢了你赌场的人
And O'neill as well.
还有奥尼尔
Ignacious, Sixtus, Leo
伊戈内舍斯,西科斯图斯,里奥
They're all named after popes. Write the Vatican,
都是用教皇的名字命名的,给梵蒂冈写信,
See if they know where they are.
看看他们知不知道他们的下落
When I find them...
一旦我找到他们
What do you want me to do?
你打算怎么做
You need me to spell it out?
还需要我说吗
I'd like to hear you say it.
我想听你说出来
Why?
为什么
Politician to the last, huh?
彻头彻尾的政客是吧
What, you don't say it, you don't have to deny it later?
你不说出来,以后就不用出面否认
Or are you just trying to kid yourself?
还是不想让自己承认现实
About what?
什么现实
The fact that you're a murderer, Nuck.
你是个凶手的现实
That is what you want me to do, right?
你是不是想让我这么干
Kill them?
做掉他们
Yes.
没错
Even the kid?
孩子也是
I'm gonna go eat my steak.
我要去吃牛排了
Gentlemen. A.R.
先生们,罗斯坦,
These are the fellas I told you about.
这就是我和你提起的朋友们
This is Leo D'alessio,
这位是里奥·迪阿莱西奥
His brother ignacious. And Mickey Doyle.
他的兄弟伊戈内舍斯,还有米奇·多伊尔,
An honor, Mr. Rothstein.
很荣幸见到您,罗斯坦先生
So you've heard of me.
看来你听说过我
Naturally. Who ain't, huh? Yeah.
当然,谁没听过您的大名,没错,
And what is it you've heard?
你都听说过关于我的什么事
Good stuff, you know. That I'm honest?
好事,我很诚实,
That you'll always get a square deal?
总是公平交易吗
Sure, that's why we're here.
没错,这正是我们到此的原因
A reputation takes a lifetime to build
人的声名需要一生传播
And only seconds to destroy.
却能毁于一旦
Wow. Rack them, Charlie.
好球,查理,摆球,
I understand you're interested in the liquor business.
我知道你们对烈酒生意很感兴趣
We's interested in makin' dough.
赚钱的我们都感兴趣
Piles of it.
各种各样的赚钱生意
Eight ball, $500.
先进黑八算赢,五百美金一局
You break.
你开球
There are two ways to make money
想干烈酒生意
In the alcohol business.
有两个办法赚钱
One is to take cheap rotgut whiskey, dilute it and sell it.
第一种是弄到劣质威士忌,调配好然后卖
I was doing good with that myself. That's the stupid way,
这个我在行,这是笨办法,
In which I have no interest.
我没兴趣
There's a growing demand for good whiskey in the United States.
全美市场对上等威士忌的需求越来越大
And I'm not talking about the swill
我说的不是你那小酿酒作坊里
You stirred up in your chamberpot.
做出来的垃圾东西
I'm talking about the best scotch from britain.
我说的是从英国来的上等苏格兰威士忌
There's a fortune to be made from importing it.
能搞到这些酒就能赚到钱
It'll be the chic thing to have good whiskey when you have guests
当你宴请宾客的时候上等威士忌很长面子
And the rich will vie with one another to serve it.
富人们就会竞相求购
I want to set up a business for importing scotch.
我想建立一个进口苏格兰威士忌的买卖
We'll have ships with crews we can trust
需要可靠的船只和可靠的船员
Who'll sail it from the distilleries in Europe
从欧洲的酿酒厂启航
And unload it outside the threemile limit.
在三海里领海界限卸载
All we have to do is smuggle it ashore.
我们要做的就是走私到岸边
That's where you mugs come in.
你的马仔们负责这个环节
The ports of Atlantic city are ideal for distribution
大西洋城的港口是最佳地点
To the entire Eastern seaboard.
可以直接将货散步到整个东海岸
The only problem is the man who runs that city.
问题是大西洋城管事的那个人
Normally I'd make a deal with such a man,
一般情况下我会选择和他合作
Cut him in as a partner, but I find Nucky Thompson
拉他入伙,互惠互利,但是我发现努基·汤普森
To be greedy and unreasonable.
这个人太过贪婪
Nothing a bullet in the eye won't fix.
干脆做掉他一劳永逸
If you'll each sign those forms,
只要你们填了这些表
I'll take it as your acquiescence to our new arrangement.
我就默认你们同意我们的新协议
What are they? Life insurance policies.
那是什么,人寿保险单,
There's a half a million on each of you.
每人五十万美元
You'll be handling large amounts of my money, gentlemen.
你们会经手大笔属于我的钱
It's my assurance you won't chisel me.
我需要一个保证
Think of it as an incentive
把这个想象成促使你们
Not to screw things up.
马到成功的动力
I'll show you out.
我送你们出去
Do you know what the nice thing is
你知道布朗斯动物园好玩
About the bronx zoo, charlie?
在哪吗,查尔斯
There's bars between you and the monkeys.
猴子都是关在笼子里的
Finally asleep.
终于睡了
I could've read them some more of this.
我应该给他们读点这个
You seem to be enjoying it yourself.
你看起来很开心啊
"The wonderful love magnet "
万能的爱情磁石,
As long as I carry it,
只要我带着它
Every living thing I meet will love me dearly."
所以的愿望都会实现"
That would make your election easier, wouldn't it?
那应该会让你的竞选更容易吧
Certainly cheaper. Is winning expensive?
经费自然会少些,是不是获胜就意味着多花钱,
Not as expensive as losing.
没有输掉的那个花钱多
And will Mr. Harding be president?
哈丁先生会成为总统吗
That depends.
要看情况
Are you planning to vote for him?
你要给他投票吗
I've perhaps seen him in not the most flattering light.
也许我看到了他最不想被人知道的秘密
You mean the girl. Her name is Nan.
你是说那个姑娘,她叫南,
If we only elected good men, we'd never have leaders.
如果我们只能选好人,那就没有领袖一说了
If not good, then what should they be?
既然不是好人,又怎么能当领袖
Useful... to those who support them.
有价值,对那些支持他的人
I was speaking with madame Jeunet today.
我今天和茱内特太太聊了几句
Oh? She says she's going to lose the shop.
是吗,她说她的店要关门了,
It's a pricey location.
那地方房租很贵
Apparently she's having trouble with the city.
很显然她缴不起那么重的税
Then she should talk to her alderman.
那她应该和市政管说
She did. It didn't help.
她说了,不管用
Maybe there's something the county treasurer could do.
也许县司库先生能帮帮忙
Did she ask you to bring this up? No.
是不是她让我和你说的,不是,
Then why are we discussing it?
那你怎么会说起这件事
She showed me a kindness and I thought to return it.
她对我不错,我觉得应该回报她一下
I made her hire you, Margaret. Kindness didn't come into it.
是我让她雇你的,玛格丽特,没什么善良不善良
Then you should recompense her
那你应该为当时你让她
For the burden you made her carry.
承担的事情做出赔偿
What did she tell you exactly?
她到底和你说了什么
Only that the money she pays has increased
只说税钱又涨了
And it's more than she can afford.
她负担不起
Then she shouldn't be doing business in Atlantic city,
那她就别在大西洋城做生意了
because that's what it costs.
在大西洋城做生意, 就是这么贵
but if you set the price
但是如果你把标准定的
Margaret, this is not a suitable topic.
玛格丽特,我不想谈这个
I wasn't aware of that.
我不觉得
You're aware now.
那你现在应该觉得了
Will you not be staying?
你不留下吗
I have an early meeting.
我还有个早会
I painted this last october.
这是我去年十月画的
She was an actress in the vaudeville.
她是舞剧团的女演员
It's pretty.
很美
This
这里
There's a lyrical quality.
画面感情丰富
It's reminiscent of Mary Cassatt.
不禁让人想起玛丽·卡萨特
Do you think your friend is visiting soon?
你朋友是不是快来了
The art dealer?
那个艺术品经纪人
Oh, he's abroad at the momentParis.
他现在在巴黎
The city of light.
灯光之城
Oh, god damn it.
见鬼
I broke the cork. Here.
见鬼,软木塞被我弄坏了,
There.
给我
Oh my, you uncivilized artists.
天呐,你这个野蛮的艺术家
1918
一九一八年的,
That's the year we met you.
正好是你我相遇的那年
All right, save some for your jealous husband.
好了,给你嫉妒的丈夫留点
Come.
来啊
It's okay, darling.
没事,亲爱的
I don't bite.
我不咬人
I, uh Everyone in Paris is doing it.
我,巴黎的人都这么干,
Hello?
有人吗
Ange?
安吉
Angela, it's me.
安吉拉,是我
Hello?
哪位
It's Jimmy.
吉米
It's me.
是我
Why is the door locked?
门怎么关了
We've had intruders in the neighborhood.
邻居发生偷盗案了
Where's the baby? He's sleeping.
孩子呢,睡着了,
Jimmy, my god.
吉米,我的天呐
You're having a party?
你在聚会
We're just visiting.
他们只是顺路拜访
May I pour you some wine?
帮你倒点酒吧
I heard that's against the law now.
现在喝酒是不是违法了
Well, it is getting late and, uh, you have
都这么晚了
That sitting in the morning.
你明早还要工作
Oh yes.
没错
A wedding portrait.
婚礼肖像
Lithuanian couple.
一对立陶宛夫妇
Well, it was nice to see you, old boy.
很高兴见到你,老朋友
Welcome home again.
欢迎回家
You should have told me you were coming. I did.
你应该先通知我一声的,我通知了,
Goddamn Western Union!
天杀的西联电报
What what are you doing? I'm kissing you.
你干什么,亲你啊,
Wait you show up out of nowhere,
等下,你就这么莫名其妙的出现了
Not a phone call for months
几个月都不打一个电话
Ange, look, I'm home okay? For good.
安吉,听着,我回家了,不走了
You're hurting me! I missed you.
你弄疼我了,我想你,
Yes, I will.
好的,我会的
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
谢谢您提供的信息
They only had the plain ones
他们只有长的了
That was Western Union.
刚刚是西联电报打来的
They just got a call from Nucky Thompson's butler
他们刚刚接到努基·汤普森的男管家
Inquiring about a wire from James Darmody.
转线给詹姆斯·达莫迪的请求
They said it was passed on to you.
他们说他们告诉你了
Oh my god. What is the meaning of this?
天呐,这是什么意思,
I have it here.
我放到这了
I was going to give it to you. Then why didn't you?
我正打算给你呢,为什么没给,
"Arriving thursday, 11:00 A.M. Train."
"周四上午11点乘火车到达,
That was yesterday. I'm sorry, it slped my mind.
是昨天,抱歉,我给忘了,
You're either incompetent or a liar.
你要么是个白痴,要么就是骗子
I won't stand for it either way, agent Sebso.
我觉得你非二者之一,赛布索探员
We've been so I will not stand for it either way!
咱们在一起,这样的事情我决不能忍受,
Why was this hidden?
为什么藏起来
Because I'd like to keep my job.
因为我想保住我的饭碗
Supervisor Elliot
埃利奥特检查员
He thinks we're being obsessive about the Hans Schroeder case,
他认为我们对汉斯·施罗德的案子
About Nucky Thompson.
和努基·汤普森太过注意了
We have a witness
我们的证人
that can place Darmody at the scene of the murders.
可以指认达莫迪就是凶手
I wasn't thinking.
我没细想
You kill a snake by cutting off the head, agent Sebso.
打蛇打七寸,赛布索探员
The supervisor?
对检查员
Nucky Thompson!
对努基·汤普森
Darmody gives him up, this entire city,
只要达莫迪指证他,整个城市
This sodom, will be cleansed all at once.
这片罪恶之地,就会被一次性净化
There's coal in the ground,
地下有煤
Lumber in the forests, cattle in the fields.
林中有木,草上有牛
What sound does the cow make?
牛怎么叫
moo! that's right.
哞,没错,
You ride that train, you look out the window,
你坐上那列火车,望着窗外
You don't see anything but opportunity from coast to coast.
看到的无线绵长的海岸线带来的机会
And now he's returned to this one.
又开始了
I'm home, Ange, where I belong.
我回来了,安吉,心之所属
When you feel like showing up.
你想回就回,当旅馆啊
I had business out west.
我在西边有生意
I told you, but that's that's all taken care of.
我告诉你了,但是现在都搞定了
So now what?
那现在呢
Now our prospects are looking up.
现在是前景一片光明
Nucky made me an offer. Assistant clerk?
努基给了我一份工作,小文员吗,
Let's just say that we're out of this dump in no time flat.
这么说吧,过不了多久咱们就能搬出这个破公寓
Marven gardens, those beach houses on ventnor
马文花园,文诺特的海景别墅
How does that sound?
怎么样
Hello?
你好
Okay okay.
好的,好的
Sweetie, come here.
宝贝,过来
Yeah, just keep him there.
先盯住他
Bye.
再见
Mush! no, no Mush today.
玉米糊,今天没有玉米糊,
Eggs.
今天是鸡蛋
Who was that? It was my mother.
刚才是谁,我妈,
I got to go see her. Come on, champ.
我得去见她,来,小子
What are you doing?
你干什么
I'm making more coffee.
煮点咖啡
Let's have another baby.
咱们再要个孩子吧
What do you say? You want a little brother, champ?
你说呢,小子,想要弟弟吗
Yeah! Yeah?
想要,真的吗,
Then it's settled.
那就这么定了
Your stomach is growling.
你的肚子在叫呢
Are you hungry?
饿了
I wouldn't mind eating you for lunch.
我活吃了你当午餐
Maybe for dessert.
还是甜点吧
Got any coffee left?
还有咖啡吗
I can manage that.
有的
Oh! Fuck! I wasn't sure if you took cream.
我操,不知道你带没带奶油,
It's not there, dear.
没在那,亲爱的
You fucking twat. Hey!
你个臭婊子,嘿,
That's my mother you're talking to.
你怎么和我妈说话呢
My apologies.
抱歉
So you're Luciano.
你就是卢西亚诺
My mother told me a lot about you.
我妈和我说了不少你的事
We're very close, Charles.
我们关系很好,查尔斯
Plus we have a mutual friend
何况我们在芝加哥还有
In Chicago.
一位老朋友
Al Capone says hello.
阿尔·卡波尼向你问好
That's a lot of baloney. Capone's no pal of mine.
胡扯,卡波尼不是我的朋友
You're right. Actually he didn't say hello.
你说的没错,其实他没向你问好
He said I should blow your fucking brains out.
他说我应该一枪把你脑浆子崩出来
I'd consider it a great favor if you didn't.
你要不这么干我肯定记得你的好
Get dressed. We're gonna take a ride.
穿上衣服,我带你去兜兜风
To where? Someplace they won't find you.
去哪,一个他们找不到你的地方,
Come on, move it.
快点
It don't gotta be like this, you know?
事情没必要发展成这样
Tell Nucky I'll talk to A.R.,
告诉努基我会和罗斯坦说
Call off the D'alessios.
把迪阿莱西奥兄弟踢出去
What? We'll cut him in.
什么,拉努基入伙,
There's plenty to go around for every
货足够分配给每一个
Drop the gun!
放下枪
Now.
现在
James Darmody, you're under arrest.
詹姆斯·达莫迪,你被捕了
What are you smiling at?
你笑什么
You fellas.
你的同伴
Youse are a sight for sore eyes. Hands on the wall.
你们是我的救星, 把手放墙上,
Fuck.
操,
Midjuly and they're all over the place already.
七月中的时候他们都已经涌进来了
How am I supposed to compete with this guy?
我该怎么和他们竞争
That's the spirit, Mr. Mayor.
要的就是这种精神,市长先生
I want these placards taken down.
我要这些布告都消失
Any shop that posts one gets a $25 fine.
任何招贴的商店一律处以二十五美元罚款
Can we do that? We can do whatever we want.
能这么样,在这里,我们想怎么样就怎么样,
When's Eli coming back? Stitches opened up.
伊莱什么时候能回来,伤口开裂了,
Doc Surran said this'll probably set him back another month.
苏林医生说得再送他回医院住一个月
It gets better and better, doesn't it?
情况是越来越好了,不是吗
He's left a big void, I'll tell you that.
他的职位空着呢
He's not dead, Halloran.
他又没死,哈罗兰
I know, but the men, the other deputies,
我知道,但是手下这些人,还有副治安官们
They're gonna need some guidance
他们需要引导
Schedules, assignments, that kind of thing.
计划,任务,一大堆的事
Can't Eli handle that?
伊莱看不过来吗
Not in the state he's in.
现在这个状况下还是不行
What are you trying to say?
你想说什么
That I think I should be in charge.
我觉得我应该扛起这幅担子
Oh, you do? I've got the most experience
是吗,我经验丰富,
And the other fellas look up to me.
那些家伙们也听我的话
Fine, you're acting sheriff.
行,你代行治安官的职务
Really?
真的吗
Should I reconsider? No no.
要不我再考虑一下,不用了,不用了,
No.
不用了
Thanks, Nucky.
多谢你,努基
I know we've had our differences,
我知道咱们之间存在不同的观点
But I want you to know that I'm here for you,
但我希望你知道,我会全心全意为你服务
Now and in november.
从现在到十一月
What does that mean?
什么意思
Have you thought about the future?
你没想过未来会发生些什么吗
It certainly sounds like you have.
看来你都想好了
In regards to Eli, I mean.
看看伊莱
The election's right around the corner and he's hurt, weak,
选举马上进行,他又受伤了,还很虚弱
The reformers are alleging corruption.
改革者在呼吁惩治腐败
I mean you've seen the articles yourself, right?
那篇文章你也看过了
All I'm saying is that I'm at your service
我想说的是,我愿听从您的驱使
Should you need.
那才是需要的
I was at the picture show. Which one?
我当时在看电影,哪一部,
"Wagon tracks." what was the plot?
"咬边" 什么情节,
Are you sure you want me to ruin the ending?
你确定要让我告诉你结局吗
We can do this all day, Mr. Darmody.
我有的是时间陪你玩,达莫迪先生
It feels like we already have been.
我们已经在玩了
You're proposing
你是说
That on the night of January 17, 1920,
在一九二零年一月十七号
You were in a moving picture show
晚上七点到晚上十一点半
P.M. Until 11:30 P.M.?
一直在看电影是吗,7:00
That's right.
没错
The running time of the film is only 78 minutes.
电影全长才七十八分钟
I fell asleep.
我睡着了
You have a child out of wedlock.
你有个私生子
Is his mother not fit to marry?
是不是她母亲对婚姻不满
That's none of your business.
和你无关
What's the name of the William S. Hart character in the movie?
威廉姆·S·哈特在电影里的角色叫什么
Buckskin? Bucksomething. You're not sure?
巴克金,巴克什么东西的,你不确定吗,
We're engaged. We're going to be married.
我们订婚了,我们马上就要结婚
Your aim at making her a respectable woman.
你要将她变成你忠贞的妻子
How do you know Hans Schroeder?
你对汉斯·施罗德了解多少
I ain't know Hans Schroeder.
不认识
Mrs. Schroeder? Margaret? I don't know these people.
施罗德太太呢,玛格丽特,也不认识,
Lucy Danziger, she's a dancer at ziegfeld follies.
露西·丹齐格,齐格非歌舞剧团的舞蹈演员
You know her? It's Nucky's girlfriend.
你认识她,她是努基的女朋友,
Then what is the relationship
那汤普森先生和施罗德太太之间
Between Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Schroeder?
又是什么关系呢
You want to know who Nucky Thompson is fucking,
你想知道努基·汤普森睡的哪个妞
Why don't you ask him?
干嘛不直接去问他
This shipment of alcohol
这船汤普森先生
that Mr. Thompson sold To Arnold Rothstein,
卖给阿诺德·罗斯坦的酒
The shipment that was being transported
那些在一月十七号
The night of January 17th...
在运输途中的酒
"Wagon tracks." How do you know Al?
"咬边" 你怎么认识的阿尔,
I don't know any Al. From Chicago?
我不认识什么阿尔,芝加哥那边的,
You've got it all mixed up, officer.
你都弄混了,警官
Did Mr. Thompson have Hans Schroeder murdered
是不是汤普森先生爱上施罗德的妻子
Because he's in love with Schroeder's wife?
从而将施罗德谋杀
The men in the woods how many did you kill?
林中的那些人,你们杀了几个
I went to the movies. I fell asleep.
我去看电影,然后睡着了
I got up. I walked home. I went to bed.
然后睡醒了,然后回家,然后继续睡
You wanna charge me, charge me.
你想起诉我,起诉我好了
I've got nothing else to say.
我没什么可说的了
I thought you might find some satisfaction
将来,看着自己的儿子长大成人
In living long enough to see your son grow into a man.
你一定会很满足吧
You don't got anything on me. Don't I?
你从我这什么也得不到,真的吗,
Billy?
比利
Jimmy? Jesus christ.
吉米,天呐,
They were gonna send me up the river, Jimmy.
他们会送我进监狱,吉米
What did you say to them, Billy? Fucking rahway.
你跟他们说什么了,比利,罗威,
What'd you tell them? Jimmy!
你跟他们说什么了,吉米,
Billy, what'd you say to Jimmy!
比利,你跟他们说,吉米,
Fuck!
操,
The old days, it was different.
过去的日子,和现在大不相同
You could count on people to vote the party line.
你可以指望民众为政党路线投票
Now these democrats come along,
现在这些民主人出现了
Make big promises.
跨下海口
And you're concerned.
引起你们的关注
Enough not to take anything for granted.
那些承诺还不都是空头支票
I wish there was a way I could help.
真希望我能帮忙
There is.
你能
You can help us get the women's vote.
你能帮我们争取妇女的选票
Shouldn't you wait until the amendment actually passes?
不应该等到修正案正式通过吗
I'm an eternal optimist.
我是永远的乐观主义者
Speak to your friends,
和你的朋友们说说
The temperance league, other women's organizations.
戒酒同盟,其他的妇女组织
I'm not much of an orator.
我不善言辞
I've seen you speak.
我见过你的言谈举止
You comport yourself very well.
很得体
When was that?
什么时候
At my birthday with senator Edge.
我的生日宴会,你和艾治参议员
Oh, that was merely banter.
那都是开玩笑的话
He's a United States senator and you wiped the floor with him.
他可是美国参议院议员,你还能和他谈笑风生
Seriously, would you be willing to speak on behalf of the party?
说真的,你愿意代表共和党演讲吗
I suppose so, but... But what?
我觉得可以,但是,但是什么,
Do you not wish me to dress well?
你不想我穿的光鲜点吗
What do you mean?
什么意思
Do you not wish me to look attractive?
你不想我看上去迷人点吗
Of course I do.
我当然想
I mean you are, whatever you're wearing.
你本来就很迷人,不管穿什么衣服
Nucky, you have a call. all right.
努基,你的电话,来了,
Madame Jeunet knows what suits me.
茱内特夫人知道什么衣服适合我
She knows how to make me look pretty.
她知道怎么让我光彩照人
She's the only one I trust.
她是我唯一信任的人
That's why you want her to stay in business?
就因为这你才希望她能保住服装店
Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
为什么不早说
I didn't want you to know how selfish I was.
我不想让你知道我这么自私
I never hold that against anyone.
我不觉得自私是缺点
Hello?
你好
Today?
今天
Thank you. 10 minutes.
谢谢,十分钟,
Did you talk to Angela?
你和安吉拉谈了吗
She's aware of the situation.
她意识到现在的形式了
D'alessios they're being backed by Rothstein and Luciano.
迪阿莱西奥兄弟,罗斯坦和卢西亚诺在背后支持他们
From the horse's mouth.
消息可靠
Luciano spilled it to me before I was arrested.
在我被捕前卢西亚诺亲口说的
Can you bail me out?
能保我出去吗
Five counts of murder there is no bail.
五条人名,保不了
Would you get me a lawyer at least? For what?
至少得帮我找个律师吧,干什么,
You know, to talk to, plan a strategy.
辩论啊,制定策略啊
It's a waste of money.
纯属浪费钱
Then, uh...
那就
Call my dad.
给我爸打电话
Can't he help?
他不能帮忙吗
Your dad? Are you that nervous?
你爸,你这么紧张吗
This kid, Billy Winslow
那个孩子,比利·温斯洛
He's gonna testify, Nuck.
他会出庭作证,努克
So I've heard. So I'm staying here?
我听说了,那我就在这呆着,
Is that what you're saying?
这是你的承诺吗
You said you were going to take care of this.
你说这些你会处理
I am. All I'm saying is the legal system's
我在处理,我只是说现在的司法系统
Not your ticket to freedom.
帮不了你
Uh, yes, I'm still on the line, operator.
是的,我还在,接线员
Thank you.
谢谢
Sir.
长官
Nelson, I was in a command meeting. What's the hubbub?
尼尔森,我在指挥会议,什么要紧事
We've arrested James Darmody, sir.
我们逮捕了詹姆斯·达莫迪,长官
What? When?
什么,什么时候
Last night. He returned from Chicago.
昨晚,他从芝加哥回来了
Did he talk? No, but he's aware we have his accomplice.
他交代了吗,没有,但是他知道我们手里有他的同犯了,
Either way, the road leads to Thompson. Wonderful, Nelson.
不管怎么样,幕后的黑手是汤普森,干的好,尼尔森,
Terrific. It's a real shot in the arm for the bureau.
很好,这对局里的工作真是一大鼓励
Thank you for your confidence, sir.
多谢您的夸奖,长官
Keep up the good work.
继续努力
What did he say? He was pleased very much so.
他说什么了,非常开心,
Congratulations, sir.
祝贺您,长官
I didn't do it alone.
这不是我一个人的功劳
I'm sorry about the telegram.
电报的事,很抱歉
That was very foolish of me.
是我太傻了
It was, but people make mistakes.
确实,但是人总会犯错误
A man needs to have the courage of his convictions.
勇敢的男人勇于承认自己的错误
I knew we'd get Darmody eventually.
我就知道我们早晚能抓到达莫迪
You were right.
你是对的
This witness, Billy Winslow
这个目击证人,比利·温斯洛
You think it's safe to keep him here?
把他关在这里安全吗
What'd you have in mind?
你的意思呢
Move him north pending trial?
转移到北部待审室
Federal jail in Manhattan maybe?
曼哈顿的联邦监狱
Keep him out of Thompson's reach.
不给汤普森机会
Jesus christ, will you see a doctor already?
天呐,你看医生了吗
Stubborn as a mule.
倔的和头驴一样
Shut up and get him a drink.
闭嘴,给他拿杯酒来
I'm fine, thank you.
不用,谢谢
You look like shit.
你看起来糟透了
Well, your time comes,
大限将至
You just have to accept your situation.
只能坦然接受
Are we talking about you or me?
说的是你还是我
This Fletcher and these fucking democrats.
这个弗莱彻和那些王八蛋民主党人们
And your sheriff is out of commission now too?
你的治安官暂时不能履职了
It's not so easy, is it?
不是那么容易是吧
Nice that you can still find joy.
真高兴你还笑的出来
Five years in jail can you blame me?
五年监禁,你能怪我吗
One of us had to go. You knew that.
我们之中必须有个人要去,你明白
I had no choice. neither did I.
我没有选择,我也是,
Which is why we made a deal,
所以我们定下这个协议
So let's put it to bed where it belongs.
还是不拐弯抹角了
We're in trouble.
我们遇到麻烦了
Mayor Bacharach he's weak and losing ground.
巴哈拉赫市长,他处境不妙而且立场动摇了
Even the fucking dog is sick.
连他妈的狗都病了
Well, what do you have on Fletcher?
我们手里有弗莱彻的什么把柄吗
Nothing. He's clean.
没有,清官一个
What does he want?
他想怎么样
He wants to be mayor.
想当市长
Fucking boy scout.
纯扯淡
Well, replace him.
换了他
What do you mean?
什么意思
Bacharach. Run somebody else for mayor.
巴哈拉赫,换别人竞选市长
People want change, give it to them.
人们想要改变,就给他们改变
Or at least pretend to give it to them.
至少要装装样子
What do I do about Eli?
伊莱怎么办
Replace him too.
一起换掉
You son of a bitch.
你个狗娘养的
I'm dying.
我快死了
There's no time to be sentimental.
没时间弄这些儿女情长了
I still can't decide.
我还是不确定
On you every dress is a joy to behold.
看你换装真是伤心悦目
They're all so plain.
他们都略显平庸
I'll need something special to wear to the inaugural...
我需要特别的衣服参加就职典礼
After Warren is sworn in.
特别是等沃伦宣誓就职的时候
I think for now though just something to wear around town.
我觉得现在的衣服显得不够隆重
Oh, I do so love this.
我好喜欢这件
Mademoiselle's taste is excellent.
女士的品位真好
How much is it? $480.
多少钱,四百八十美元,
I'll try the yellow one on again.
我还是再试试那件黄色的吧
Yes, ma'am?
什么事,女士
You have rescued me.
你真的救了我
Merci beaucoup.
太谢谢了
I'm glad I could help.
很高兴能帮你
The first day you came here,
你第一天来的时候
To myself I say,
我就告诉自己
"This is a lady of taste and judgment."
"这是一位有品位的女士"
You told me I smelled.
你告诉我要多笑笑
Pardon?
什么
You said I needed to bathe more often. No.
你告诉我要多洗澡,没有,
I was as useless as the Polish girl...
我和那个波兰女孩一样没用
Until now. No no.
直到现在,不,不,
My English still sometimes I misspeak.
我的英语,有时候还是会有口误
I am grateful, Marguerite,
很感谢你,玛格丽特
Very grateful.
非常感谢
For your little one.
送你女儿的
Ivory...
象牙柄的
For her beautiful hair.
梳理她美丽的头发
My daughter didn't help you, madame Jeunet.
我的女儿没帮你,茱内特夫人
I did.
是我帮的你
I just had to try it on.
我只是想试试
It is beautiful, isn't it?
很漂亮不是吗
Ah! Smell that air, the salt?
呼吸下新鲜的空气,咸咸的味道
I'd like to live by the ocean someday.
有朝一日我也要住到海边
I have a cousin, a rich kid
我有个表弟,很有钱
Took the grand tour, sailed all over the world,
遍游欧洲大陆,驾船环海航行
But he puked the entire way.
但是他吐了一路
Ah, seasickness.
晕船
I gotta piss. You need to go?
我得去上厕所,你去吗
I'll stretch my legs.
我下车活动活动
You shouldn't have done that.
你不该这么做
Done what? Tried to lunge for my weapon.
做什么,偷袭我,
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
You lunged at me,
偷袭我
Tried to commandeer my gun.
抢我的枪
What?
什么
That's why I killed you.
这就是我杀你的原因
I spoke to my friend, the art dealer.
我和我朋友说了,那个艺术品经纪人
He's not interested, unfortunately.
很不幸,他对我的画不感兴趣
But you seemed so optimistic.
可是你挺高兴的
Well, he's staying in Europe.
他要留在欧洲
Did he say why?
说为什么了吗
His response was in a wire.
电话里说的
Surely with your husband home
当然你丈夫回家之后
Your financial burden has eased.
你的经济压力又大了
You'll have other chances. When?
你还有别的机会,什么时候,
I'll make some inquiries, but honestly...
我会再打听打听,但是说实话
Your style is a rather cheap imitation of Mary Cassatt's.
你的画风就像是玛丽·卡萨特的劣质仿品
I was in the woods with my boyfriend Ernie.
我和我男朋友欧尼在树林里
He said to me, "It's dark out here.
他和我说"这里太黑了
I wish I had a lantern." I said, "Me too.
真希望我有个灯笼" 我说"我也是
You've been munching on the grass for the past 10 minutes!"
你都啃了十分钟的草了"
"Speaking of that," He said,
"说起来" 他说,
"How come you never tell me when you reach a climax?"
"你每次到高潮的时候怎么都不告诉我"
"Well, ernie," I said, "
是这样,欧尼" 我说,
"It's because you're never around when it happens."
"我高潮的时候你都不在啊"
There's nothing wrong with being an opportunist.
当个机会主义者没什么不好的
In fact, it's a trait I admire.
事实上,这正是我喜欢的特质
The steel pier, the boulevard project
钢桥墩,林荫大道工程
You were Johnnyonthespot with those.
你见证了这一切
A good christian, family man,
一个虔诚的基督教徒,顾家的男人
Wellliked in the community. Very impressive.
良好的邻里关系,说的好,
What are you looking for? The other shoe.
你找什么呢,另一支鞋子,
Right now I'd like to sing a little number for you
现在,我想为大家唱一首小曲
Called "Some of these days."
叫"往昔回忆"
Perhaps Mrs. Bader would like a better view.
也许巴德太太想换个更好的位置
Have I told you how beautiful you look in that dress?
我有没有夸你穿这条裙子很好看
It was a gift from madame Jeunet.
这是茱内特太太送我的
Some of these days
回忆往昔
You'll miss me, honey
你会思念我
Some of these days
回忆往昔
You're gonna be so lonely
你会如此孤单
You'll miss my hugging
你会思念我的拥抱
You're gonna miss my kissing
你会思念我的香吻
You're gonna miss me, honey
你会思念我
When I'm far away
当我早已远去
So I'm assuming you didn't ask me here
我猜你不是请我来给我
To sing my praises.
唱赞歌的
Of course not, Edward. I can't sing a note.
当然不是,爱德华,我五音不全
How'd you like to be mayor?
你想当市长吗
With you as boss?
以你马首是瞻
I'd have more authority as streetsweeper.
那还不如去扫大街
But a lot more time to run your construction business.
但是能帮你的建筑公司不少忙
It's time for a change, Ed,
是时候做出改变了,艾德
And you're a solid republican.
你是个坚定的共和党员
What about Bacharach? Mayor Bacharach is ill.
巴哈拉赫怎么了,他病了,
He will not be seeking reelection. What's wrong with him?
他不会寻求连任,他出什么事了,
I'll make my diagnosis as soon as I have your answer.
等你答复我我就告诉你
I have to discuss it with Kathryn. Be decisive, Ed.
我得和凯瑟琳商量下,当断则断,艾德,
Roads, hospitals, convention center
公路,医院,会展中心
We can build great things together.
我们可以共建很多美好的建筑
Of course we'll have to add a ball field onto that list.
当然还有球场
1920.
一九二零,
The world belongs to the young.
世界属于年轻人
We'll let them think it does.
我们会让他们这么认为
Mayor Edward Bader.
艾德华?巴德市长
You roll that around on your tongue.
你先熟悉熟悉这个称呼
I'll be in touch.
咱们再联系
You've always had your way
你总有自己的路
And when you leave me
当你离我而去
You know it's gonna grieve me
你知道我悲伤难忍
Gonna miss your big fat mama
思念你身宽体胖的妈妈
Your mama, some of these days.
你的妈妈,回忆往昔
Stand back, ladies and gentlemen,
后退,女士们先生们
Or face the wrath of mombo...
小心被莽博的怒气所伤
tribal chieftain of the zulu...
祖鲁族部落酋长,
From the dark continent of africa!
从非中黑暗大陆而来
Raised among lions and every bias fierce,
和雄狮同舞,与野兽为伴
The zulu have a thirst for human blood!
祖鲁人对人血无比渴望
Pity the poor souls unfortunate enough
为那些可怜而不幸的生命感到遗憾
To spend the last of their days...
在最后的几日
We'll need to stop by the ambassador.
我们要去见见大使
I told Jim Neary we'd meet him for a nightcap.
我告诉吉姆·内尔利说要找他喝睡前酒
It's rather late, isn't it?
有点晚了
Hiya, Nuck. evening.
你好,努基, 晚上好,
Nucky?
努基
Nucky Thompson!
努基·汤普森
Nein
不行
You filthy bastard!
你这个混蛋
Come here! Come here!
过来,过来
Stop stop!
站住,站住
Is that a cop? Get a cop!
那是警察吗,警察快来
He went that way!
他去那边了
Call an ambulance!
叫救护车
Oh my god!
我的天呐
Missus, are you all right?
小姐,你没事吧
Help! is he dead?
救命啊,他死了吗

分享到
重点单词
  • obligevt. 迫使,责成,使感激,施恩于,帮 ... 的忙 v
  • portraitn. 肖像,画像 adj. (文件页面)竖的
  • scotchn. 伤口,刻痕 v. 粉碎,消灭,阻止 v. 弄伤,刻
  • acquiescencen. 默许;默从
  • maskn. 面具,面罩,伪装 v. 戴面具,掩饰,遮盖
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲
  • lumbern. 木材,木料 v. 伐木 vi. 缓慢地移动 vt.
  • shipmentn. 装船,货物,出货
  • conventionn. 大会,协定,惯例,公约