大西洋帝国第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:女性投票权
日期:2017-02-24 18:40

(单词翻译:单击)

All right already. Come on.
好了,别挤了,让开
Step through in here.
从这穿过去
Behind the back. We're going.
都往后退,让我们过去
Sir, thank you. That's him.
先生,多谢,就是他
Excuse me. Excuse me.
借过一下,借过
Pardon me.
劳驾
There he is. Keep it moving, folks.
他在这,继续走,伙计们
Torrio, you got a statement?
Torrio你有什么要说的吗
Mr. Torrio!
托里奥先生
Ask him who ordered the hit on Colosimo.
问他谁是谋杀科洛西莫的幕后主使
Mr. Torrio,
托里奥先生
is it true the police questioned you about
警方因"大块头"吉姆枪杀案曾传讯过您
big Jim's murder?
这是真的吗
We were like brothers, me and Jim.
吉姆对我来说就是亲兄弟
Wiseacre, huh? Back off, creep.
少在那自作聪明, 滚开,变态,
So why do you think he was killed?
那你认为他死于何因呢
It was a Robbery. How should I know?
抢劫案,我又怎么清楚
The cops said nothing was taken.
警察说他什么都没丢
Some respect for the dead, huh?
尊重下死者吧
We understand the police have already spoken with you.
我们了解到警方已经传您问话了
Is that true? When did you speak to the police?
这是真的吗, 警方是什么时候传讯你的,
All right, a couple steps back.
好了,都后退几步
There we go. All right.
好了,就这样
Come on, keep it moving here.
好了,出发吧
Come on, here we go. Here we go.
好了,出发,走吧
Watch the socks there, eh? yes, Sir.
看着点别弄脏袜子, 是,先生,
You a family man, Harlan?
你有家室吧,哈兰
Got me a wife and four boys.
老婆和四个儿子
Agent Van Alden. What?
范?奥尔登探员, 谁,
To see you. Nelson Van Alden,
一定要见你, 尼尔森?范?奥尔登,
Senior prohibition agent, bureau of internal revenue.
国税局高级禁酒探员
Nucky thompson.
在下努基?汤普森
Shoeshine? Coffee?
一起来擦擦鞋,还是喝杯咖啡
Or something stronger maybe?
或者来点够劲的
Nice set you boys have a sense of humor.
你们真是一点幽默感都没有啊
Have a seat.
坐吧
You're a difficult man to see.
见你可真不容易啊
I've been waiting since 9:00 a.m.
我从早上九点等到现在
Well, there's your mistake right there.
这就是你的错了
I don't keep regular hours.
我从不按正常时间作息
That's a little odd for the county treasurer, isn't it?
作为一郡之司库,不应该啊
Both I and the city of Atlantic
我和这大西洋城一样
march to our own drummers.
我行我素
Well, what can I do for you?
有什么要我效劳的吗
I'm investigating saturday night's shootings.
我在调查周六晚上的枪击案
What's to investigate?
有什么好调查的
We can all rest now that the architect
杀人凶手已经畏罪自杀
of that slaughter's been killed himself.
我们现在都高枕无忧了
Hans Schroeder.
你是说汉斯?施罗德
A hun.
那个德国人
Is it any wonder, though the level of brutality?
为什么会下手这么狠
Hans Schroeder was a baker's apprentice
汉斯?施罗德在一家面包店做学徒
For the past 11 years.
做了11年
He has one citation for public drunkenness
他只因公共场合醉酒被传讯过一次
Octoberfest, 1912.
那还是在1912年的十月啤酒节上
I wrote that summons myself.
这传票是我亲手写的
I used to be sheriff here.
我曾是这里的治安官
He pissed inside of a moving trolley.
他在一辆电车里小解
Yet no other criminal record.
但他没有任何其他犯罪记录
Be that as it may, innocent people don't end up dead in fishing nets.
无辜的人是不会无缘无故死在渔网里的
Not even in atlantic city?
连大西洋城也不例外
You know, you really should be speaking to our current sheriff.
这话你得跟我们现任的治安官说
Your brother Elias. That's right.
你弟弟伊莱亚斯, 没错,
Have you seen "The Hottentot"?
你看没看过,"霍屯督人"
It's a terrific show. Laugh a minute.
很精彩的节目,特别搞笑
And if you're stag, I can certainly
而且如果你单身的话
introduce you to some eligible young ladies.
我还能介绍几个美女给你认识
I don't go in much for the theater.
我不怎么喜欢去戏院
Then tell me what you do like.
那么你喜欢什么
I stopped by Schroeder's home.
我去过施罗德的家
His wife isn't there.
他老婆不在
Do you have any idea where I might find her?
你知道我怎么才能找到她吗
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your bailiwick's alcohol, isn't it?
没记错的话,你职责范围仅限禁酒对吧
Shouldn't you be out somewhere raiding another still?
你现在是不是该去搜捕突查了
I suppose I march to the beat of my own drummer as well.
我想在执行任务上,我也是我行我素
How the hell did he get in here? He was waiting for
你干嘛放他进来, 他等了...
Get my brother on the phone. Ja.
给我弟打电话, 是,
Now. Ja.
马上, 是,
Citizens, countryman,
市民们,同胞们
Veterans, patriots,
老兵们,爱国者们
join your white brothers
加入你们的白人兄弟
in the knights of the ku klux klan.
加入三K党吧
Here you are.
给您
Sir, take one.
先生,拿一张吧
We are a christian,
我们信奉基督
Fraternal and proAmerican organization governed by...
团结友爱,支持美国政府...
Thompson. Mr. Thompson.
汤普森,汤普森先生
Shit. What's this sap's name again?
妈的,这人叫什么来的
It's George Baxter. He sells cutlery to the restaurants.
乔治?巴克斯特,他供应餐厅的餐具
Well, if it isn't good old Baxter.
这不是老朋友巴克斯特吗
How's tricks, my friend?
近况如何,朋友
I'm in clover, I tell you.
我最近受老天爷眷顾
business is grand and I just picked up
生意兴隆,还泡到个靓妞
this little chippy down in Baltimore.
带去巴尔的摩玩
Come here, doll. Say hello to Mr. Thompson.
过来宝贝,跟汤普森先生打个招呼
Hello. Her name's Claudia. She's a shy little thing.
你好, 她叫克劳迪娅,害羞的小妞,
Not especially. Just sometimes.
没那么害羞,就偶尔啦
You're in good hands with this one, I'll tell you that.
我肯定地告诉你,你绝对找到好归宿了
Thompson's a big cheese, big as they come.
汤普森可是块肥肉,肥的流油啊
Some say a big rat.
有人也叫肥耗子
How about it? Is he a card?
看我说吧,多搞笑的人
I certainly hope you'll take in some of our attractions.
我无比期待您能多惠顾我们的赌场
We're gonna paint the town, kiddo.
我们待会儿要去狂欢一把
I wanna go rollerskating.
我想去玩轮滑
Well, if you need anything, you know where to find me.
需要我的地方,尽管说
Your friend's a big shot, huh?
你朋友是个大人物嘛
Old Baxy knows 'em all, baby.
什么大人物老巴克都认识,宝贝
Henry James
象牙塔
Mrs. Schroeder,
施罗德夫人
There's a Mr. Thompson here to see you.
有位姓汤普森的先生来看你
Yes, please.
请他进来
I wasn't sure if you wanted visitors.
我不确定你是不是想见访客
I'll need a moment.
给我点时间
It'll just be a minute.
请等一分钟
She's just woken up from her nap.
她刚睡醒
You can come in now.
可以进来了
Mrs. Schroeder,
施罗德夫人
Elias Thompson. I'm the sheriff.
我是治安官伊莱亚斯?汤普森
Yes, I know.
我知道
Well, you're looking well.
你气色不错
I go home tomorrow, back to the children.
我明天就回家,回到我的孩子们身边
That's fine.
那很好
I wanted to talk to you about your husband
我想跟你聊聊你丈夫的事
Late husband
前夫
And his involvement in illegal alcohol.
他涉嫌违反禁酒令
He was never in trouble a day his life,
他这辈子从没惹过任何麻烦
Not in that manner.
也不会违反禁酒令
The man beat you, Mrs. Schroeder.
这男人打过你,施罗德夫人
He was not a murderer.
但他不是杀人犯
Didn't you just lose a child?
你腹中的孩子不就是他杀的吗
Did you ever follow your husband when he went out at night?
你丈夫夜间出门的时候,你跟踪过吗
Of course not.
当然没有
Question who his friends were, his associates?
没怀疑过与他交好,共事的人吗
No.
没有
Then the fact is you don't really know what he was up to
怀疑过你其实根本不知道他在做什么吧
And he could have been involved in these shootings.
也怀疑过他其实可能参与了枪击案吧
Well, II suppose anything
这个,我,我猜
Then he could have been involved.
他有可能参与了
I suppose so.
我猜可能是吧
Then if anyone happens to ask, that's what you'll tell them.
那么如果有人问你,就这么回答
I don't see how You have children
我不明白我凭什么要, 你有孩子,
Theodore, Emily?
西奥多,艾米莉对吧
I'm sure you'd be horrified if they ended up
要是政府拿走你的监护权
in the custody of the county.
你会崩溃吧
Please, I meant no disrespect.
求求你,我没有任何不敬的意思
Of course not.
当然,我知道
My brother would like you to have this.
我哥哥要你收下这个
Keep what we discussed in the forefront of your mind.
慎重考虑今天我们谈的事
Who is he, the mayor?
他是什么人,市长吗
He's the county treasurer, but he lives like a pharaoh
他是郡司库,但却像个土皇帝
The entire eighth floor of the ritz.
包下了豪华旅馆的整个八层
All at the public's expense.
全部由公款支付
Grand furniture, crystal vases,
豪华家具,水晶花瓶
Oil paintings, tailored suits.
高档油画,高级西装
Drives a rollsroyce too. At least his chauffeur does.
座驾是劳斯莱斯,还有专属司机
He's corrupt as the day is long.
他贪污有目共睹
And I'm not just talking about a little graft.
我说的可不是小打小闹
There isn't a single business he doesn't get a piece of.
他的触角延伸到了所有领域
Huh? Fleming.
怎么样, 弗莱明,
What do you say, huh? Two coffees.
你说什么, 两杯咖啡,
Nor a public employee
所有公职人员
Who doesn't pay for the right to hold his job.
都要贿赂他以保住职位
His aldermen make the collections,
他的参议员四处搜集奇珍异宝
then fill his coffers every week.
每周送到他那里
Nucky. Look who's here.
努克, 看谁来了,
For the ICE fund. Of course.
资助洲际交易所, 当然,
Thank you. Oh, thank you.
谢谢你, 要谢谢你才对,
Sanitation, police
环卫局,警局
Right on time. Fire department.
刚好准时, 消防局,
The envelope catch on fire?
怎么都不包个信封
He's got the entire town paying off.
整座城市都在贿赂他
Yet they still vote him in.
即便如此,人们还让他继续当选
The people love him, the darkies especially.
他深受爱戴,尤其是黑人
Remember, gentlemen,
先生们,要记得
to vote excessively but smoke moderately.
随心所欲地投票,别随心所欲地吸烟
Every waiter, busboy and porter
服务员,勤杂工还有门房
swears allegiance to him come election time.
都是他选举时的死忠
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
但这不过是冰山一角
No more bets. Casinos,
不再下注了, 赌场,
Whorehouses
妓院
Even owns a wire service for the racing results.
甚至拥有一家自己的通讯社报道赛事
White shadow in the fifth.
白影名列第五
And alcohol? It hasn't slow down a bit.
走私酒呢, 没有受到丝毫影响,
There's hardly a bar or a restaurant where you can't get a drink.
无论是酒吧还是餐厅,酒无处不在
It's practically out in the open.
而且都肆无忌惮地摆在明面
You went down to Atlantic city following Arnold Rothstein.
你去大西洋城追查阿诺德?罗斯坦
What about him?
有什么结果
Frankly, sir, I'm beginning to think
头,说实在的,我觉得这里面
Nucky Thompson is the bigger fish.
努基?汤普森才是大鱼
How did she seem? Was she in good spirits?
她气色怎么样,精神还好吗
She took the money, if that's what you mean.
如果你指的是钱,那她收下了
A little defensive about the husband.
她还是比较袒护她丈夫的
You should've dumped him
你本来就该照我说的
like I told you side of the road somewhere.
把尸体扔在路边就算了
"Get rid of him," is what you said.
你说的是,干掉他,
I meant publicly, so he could be identified.
我是指让他的身份被公开指认出来
he was identified.
他是被指认出了
The fish could have ate his face off, Eli.
伊莱,要是鱼把他的脸啃掉怎么办
He could have drifted to Nova Scotia.
怎么办
Use your noodle next time, eh?
下回好好动动你的脑子,知道吗
I'll be up front.
我去前面看看
Mickey.
米奇
Mickey, wake up.
米奇,醒醒
Jesus.
老天
what fucking took you so long? you're out, Mickey.
怎么现在才来, 米奇你出局了,
So long, sucker.
再见了,混蛋
see youse in the funny papers.
咱连环漫画栏里再见
Not out of jail, out of business.
你不是出狱,是出局
Chalky White's taking over.
朝琪?怀特已经接手了
What are you talking about? Why?
你说什么呢,为什么
You broke the cardinal rule, Mickey. You got caught.
你破坏了最基本的规矩,你被捕了
That was a setup. The fix was in from the beginning.
这次是设计好的,我一开始就被盯上了
Shut the fuck up!
妈的你给我闭嘴
What am I supposed to tell my partners?
我要怎么给我向合作伙伴交代
Tell them whatever you like.
随你便
The Feds know who you are now, Mickey. You're contagious.
他们摸清你底细了,你会危害我们的
So you'll bail me out at least? No can do.
你至少会保释我出去吧, 没门,
I can't risk them tying us together.
我不想让他们以为我跟你有干系
So you're just gonna leave me in here with slantyeyes?
你想装作事不关己把我关在这里头吗
He don't even talk English!
这家伙连英语都不会说
Think of it as a way to broaden your horizons.
那你就当拓展视野吧
Nucky!
努基
Go ahead.
进来
Surprise!
有惊喜哦
Merry christmas. Ho ho ho ho.
圣诞节快乐,哈哈
Merry christmas, merry christmas.
圣诞快乐,圣诞快乐
Mwah! What is this?
亲一口, 怎么回事,
It's christmas. What does it look like?
过圣诞呀,不然是什么
It was christmas over a month ago.
圣诞已经是一个多月前的事了
Yeah, but not like this, it wasn't.
没错,但没有这么过就不算
Oh my god, what did you do?
老天,你怎么弄的
Nucky gave me a bonus.
努基给我分红了
I mean, why wait till next year, right?
我们干嘛要把好日子留到明年呢
The treeI found it in the alley around the corner.
这棵树是我在巷子的拐角里弄来的
Say, pal, what do you think of this?
小子,你觉得这个怎么样
Rip it. Here, I'll help you.
撕开它, 来吧,我帮你,
Truck!
卡车
That's right.
没错啦
Truck.
是辆卡车
Truck.
卡车
For you.
这个是给你的
What is it?
是什么
Oh my god.
老天啊
Jimmy, this must have cost $100.
吉米,这个得花上一百块吧
Do you like it? Yes, of course.
你喜欢吗, 我当然喜欢,
Then let me worry about the cost.
那就不用花了多少钱了
Here, and this one too.
还有这个
Tada.
来啦
Is that a vacuum sweeper?
这个是吸尘器吗
The fella said he can barely keep them in stock.
店里的家伙说这个都快脱销了
Here, plug it in.
看着,把插头插上
Mommy, mommy, mommy.
妈妈,妈妈
It's a noise.
只是点小噪音而已
Don't worry, it's not gonna hurt you.
别害怕,它伤害不了你的
Come on, buddy.
别这样嘛,伙计
Tommy, look.
汤米,快看
Look, it's a vacuum sweeper.
快看这个吸尘器
You see?
看见没
Someone's very tired.
他太累了
New York City
纽约市
Mr. Rothstein, Charlie Luciano to see you.
罗斯坦先生,查理?卢西亚诺想跟你会面
We've got a special guest.
今天有位贵客来访
Frankie Yale. How are you? A.R.
弗兰基?耶鲁,你好吗, 还不错,
I understand you just got back from Chicago.
我听说你刚从芝加哥回来
That's why you brung me here?
你带我来就是为了这个吗
I asked him to, Frankie.
弗兰基,是我让他带你来的
I was visiting a friend. So what?
我去看望一位朋友,怎么了
It was a lousy visit though, huh?
不期而至的差劲拜访吧
For your friend, I mean.
我是说,对你朋友而言
Help yourself.
请自便吧
There was a man once
曾经有个人
I don't recall his name
我忘了他叫什么名字了
Frequented the billiard parlors downtown.
是城里台球室的常客
He made a comfortable living
他有个不错的谋生手段
wagering whether he could swallow certain objects,
常跟别人打赌他能咽下某件东西
billiard balls being a specialty.
他尤其擅长咽台球
He'd pick a ball,
他拿起一个球
take it down his gullet to here,
然后咽到食道这里
then regurgitate it back up.
再把球吐出来
And one evening I decided to challenge this man to a wager
终于,有天晚上我跟那人打赌
in cash for him to do the trick with a billiard ball of my choosing.
拿一万块赌他吞下我选中的台球,10,000
Now he knew I'd seen him do this a dozen times,
因为他知道我此前看他做过无数遍
so I can only surmise that he thought I was stupid.
所以估计他当时把我当傻子了
We laid down the cash and I handed him the cue ball.
我们各自押下现金后我把母球递给他
He swallowed it down.
他把球咽了下去
It lodged in his throat
那球堵在了他喉咙里
and he choked to death on the spot.
把他当场活活噎死
What I knew and he didn't was that the cue ball
当时我没告诉他母球
was 1/16th of an inch larger than the other balls
比其他球的直径要大十六分之一英寸
Just too large to swallow.
这个尺寸正好咽不下
Do you know what the moral of this tale is, Mr. Yale?
耶鲁先生,你知道这个故事的寓意吗
Don't eat a cue ball?
不要咽母球吗
The moral of this story
这个故事的寓意是
is that if I'd cause a stranger to choke to death for my own amusement,
既然我能随心所欲地让一个陌生人噎死
what do you think I'll do to you if you don't tell me
那么如果你不告诉我谁指使你杀了科洛西莫
who ordered you to kill Colosimo?
你觉得我会怎么对你
Jimmy honey,
吉米亲爱的
It's not a good time.
现在不合适
I don't mind.
我不管
Let's do something else.
我们做点别的吧
Maybe
要不
Maybe we could, you know, do it the french way.
要不,我们试试法国式
What?
是什么
Well, when we were outside Paris,
我们当时在巴黎城外
Some fellas were talking about some gals they met that...
有人说起他们遇到过的女孩们
Oh, you want me to put my mouth down there?
你是想让我给你口交
There were so many times when I would think of you.
很多时候我都会想起你
I would get so hard.
我过得很艰难
Mama, mama. God damn it!
妈妈,妈妈, 真该死,
It's okay. Shit.
没事的, 混蛋,
Mama, where are you?
妈妈你在哪里
Mama's right here, baby. I can't find you.
宝贝,妈妈在这儿, 我找不到你,
The kid's got timing, huh?
这孩子真会挑时机呢
Are you hungry?
你饿吗
You want me to fix you a steak?
要不要给你弄点吃的
No, I gotta do something.
不用了,我还有事情
We now take you to ancient Greece!
现在让我们把你们带到古希腊的世界
Behold the sirens,
看那海妖
The stunning temptresses who, in their wickedness,
这些令人着迷的美丽女妖用邪恶的力量
enticed Odysseus to dash himself upon the rocks.
引诱奥德修斯把船驶向海礁
Cue the waves crashing.
海浪开始拍打
Sound, that's your cue!
注意声音,到你了
Sound!
注意声音
Let's break.
休息吧
Five minutes.
休息五分钟
I'm really thirsty.
我渴坏了
You want a something? Sure.
你想去喝点什么吗, 好啊,
Jimmy!
吉米
Oh, baby baby baby.
亲爱的,亲爱的
Jimmy.
吉米
Oh, my baby.
我的宝贝
Ma, it's all right. Baby baby baby.
好啦, 宝贝,
Why didn't you write? I thought you were dead.
为什么不给我写信,我还以为你死了呢
I'm fine.
我好着呢
I missed you so much. I missed you, I did.
我好想你,真的,我好想你
It's all right. Come on.
好了,差不多了
Oh my god, I'm shaking.
老天啊,我全身在发抖
When did you come home?
你什么时候回来的
I've been home over a month now.
我已经回来一个多月了
And you're just coming to see me now?
你到现在才来看我
I've been busy.
我回来后一直都很忙
Come on, put on some clothes.
来吧,把衣服穿上
Oh, I
对了,我
I got you something.
我给你买了件礼物
What is this?
是什么
Jimmy.
吉米
It's okay. Come on, ma.
没关系的,妈妈
This is it. This is the one.
就是这个,就是这串
It's close. It's very similar.
是很像,它们是同一款的
I had the same necklace years ago from his father.
几年前他父亲送了我一条一模一样的
I don't have a father.
我没有父亲
She sold it to keep a roof over my head.
她把它卖了,我才不至于居无定所
She's a good egg, your mom.
你妈妈是个好人
I promised you I'd replace it, didn't I?
我向你保证过我会把它换回来的不是吗
Just having you back...
你能回来我就
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么好了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
It's 4:30.
四点半了
I'm clocking in.
我来打卡签到
Just like that?
你就这样签到吗
I'd say our relationship has changed
我认为我们的关系在这几天里
rather significantly in the past few days. Wouldn't you agree?
已经发生了质的改变了,你说呢
You tell me.
你告诉我
Actually, why don't you tell me?
你就不能给我解释清楚
You can start with what the fuck happened the other night.
先说说那天晚上你干了什么破事
How's that? All right.
说吧, 行,
Did I invite you to sit?
我让你坐下了吗
Me and Al, we got to talking about life
我跟阿尔谈了一会人生
Who's Al? Capone. He works for Johnny Torrio.
哪个阿尔, 卡波尼,强尼?托里奥的手下,
The Chubby kid? Yeah.
那胖小伙吗, 对,
Did Torrio sanction this? Only after the fact.
托里奥准许这么做吗, 他也是事后知道,
It was my idea mine and Al's.
是我提起的,我跟阿尔的主意
We got to talking about life, family, money.
我们就谈了谈人生,家庭和金钱
He's got a little boy of his own. Young children at home
他自己也有小孩, 有小孩的人,
and there's no goddamn accountability whatsoever.
还一点责任感都没有
I said I was sorry, Nuck. Really?
努克,我说了对不起了,真的吗,
When was that?
你什么时候说过
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I thought it would be easy, okay?
本以为很简单
Get the drop on them, swipe the truck.
抢先一步,袭击卡车
No one would get hurt. And me? Where'd I figure in?
无伤亡, 我呢,我怎么办,
It would have never been traced back to you.
不会找到你头上
Oh well, guess what.
希望如此
A fed came in to see me this morning,
国税局的人今早来见我
standing right where you are now,
就站在你所在的那个位置
asking questions about Saturday night.
询问周六的事
What'd you tell him? To bugger himself.
你怎么说的, 去他妈的,
What the fuck do you think?
你以为会怎么说
There were deer in the woods.
林子突然出来一只鹿
Al got spooked. He started shooting.
阿尔被吓到了,开了枪
So you kill four fucking guys?
所以你就杀了四个人吗
Five. Actually, there were four,
五个, 现场就四具尸体,
but let's not quibble over that little detail, shall we?
算了还是不纠缠这个小细节了
We couldn't leave any witnesses, Nuck.
我们不能留下目击证人,努克
Fucking idiot.
傻瓜
I screwed up, okay? I'm sorry.
我搞砸了,抱歉
I'm gonna make it up to you. I'll work extra hours.
我会补偿你,我会加班的
Hold on there.
停,等下
Wait a second. You don't work for me anymore.
你不再为我工作了
Let's get that straight right now.
我把这点言明了吧
And you made that decision, not me.
是你这么决定的,不是我
Well, who's gonna drive you? What's the difference?
那谁给你当司机, 是谁都一样,
Wanna be a gangster, kid? Go be a gangster.
想做黑社会是吗,那就去做吧
But if you want to be a gangster in my town,
但若在我的小镇做黑社会
then you'll pay me for the privilege.
就要给我交保护费
That envelope you gave me, my end
你给我的那信封里的钱
according to my calculations you're three grand short.
根据我的计算,还差三千美元
What do you mean? Are you deaf and stupid?
你什么意思, 你又聋又傻吗,
You pull a stunt like that,
你耍小伎俩
assfuck me with Arnold Rothstein.
洗劫阿诺德?罗斯坦给我添麻烦
In the process, you owe me another three grand.
根据规定,你还欠我三千美元
Nucky, I spent most of the money.
努基,大部分钱我都花掉了
You got 48 hours.
三千美元,两天期限,$3,000.
What'll it be?
来点什么
I'll take a whiskey and a statement on the record.
一杯威士忌,一个记录在案的声明
How's that?
什么内容
Eddie Corrigan, "Chicago Tribune."
埃迪?克里根, "芝加哥论坛报"
I believe we already met.
相信我们已经会过面了
You drinking or what? Whiskey, like I said.
喝点什么, 我说了,威士忌,
Three bucks.
三美元
What's your name? Al Brown.
你叫什么, 阿尔?布朗,
Hit me again.
再来一杯
I'm going with a story linking Johnny Torrio
我正在追查关于强尼?托里奥
to the Big Jim murder.
是否是"大块头"吉姆血案的真凶
Why would you do that?
为什么这么做
Because I think it's true.
因为我认为这是真相
Would you like to make a statement?
你想对此做一下声明吗
Sure.
没问题
What the fuck's going on?
发生什么事了
I'm making a statement.
我在发表声明
Arnold Rothstein again.
又是阿诺德?罗斯坦
Put on a black suit. You'll be driving me tonight.
穿上黑制服,今晚为我开车
Shall I wear a chauffeur's cap as well?
还要戴司机帽吗
If you want. Well, I have to borrow one then.
你想戴就戴, 我得去借个,
Well then borrow one. Or don't.
那就去借个,或者不借
What are you asking me for?
你问我干什么
The chauffeur must have a cap.
司机必须佩戴帽子
Hello?
你好
Nucky, Arnold Rothstein.
努基,我是阿诺德?罗斯坦
What a pleasant surprise.
真是个惊喜
Yeah, I'm sure.
我同意
So the reason I've been calling
我打电话过来是因为
the delivery I arranged, I never received it.
我没收到安排好的货物
You don't say.
是吗
The truck ran out of petrol. Who knows?
卡车没油了,谁知道呢
We'll chalk it up to a misunderstanding.
先算作误解好了
Chalk it up however you'd like.
随你怎样记
Fine.
好,
Then 100 grand should cover it.
十万美元应该够了
Excuse me?
你说什么
You owe me $100,000, Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生,你欠我十万美元
It's bad enough you sold my load to Chicago.
你把我的货卖到芝加哥,太不够意思了
My sisterinlaw's nephew was one of those drivers.
我侄子是运输人之一
I didn't sell your load to anyone,
我没把你的货转让给任何人
And I don't care if your mother was one of the drivers.
再说就算是你妈妈运的,我也不关心
Is this the way you do business?
你就是这么做生意的吗
You wanna see how I do business?
你想知道我如何做生意吗
Show your face again in Atlantic City.
再来大西洋城试试看
Shit.
妈的
Jimmy?
吉米
Go back to sleep.
回去睡觉
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Nothing, I'mI'm getting something.
没事,我拿点东西
Is everything all right?
没事吧
Go back to sleep.
回去睡觉
You're gonna wake the baby.
会吵醒孩子的
Mrs. Schroeder? HELLO?
施罗德夫人, 你好,
I'm Nelson Van Alden.
我是尼尔森?范?奥尔登
I'm with the bureau of internal revenue.
我来自国家税收局
I'd like to speak to you about your husband.
我想和您谈谈关于您丈夫的事
Please.
请进
Is this a bad time?
来的不是时候吗
I'm just back from the hospital.
我刚从医院回来
Oh, I didn't realize.
我不知道
Please
请,.
Sit.
请坐
First of all, my condolences.
首先向您致以我最沉痛的哀悼
I'm sure your husband was a fine and decent man.
我知道您的丈夫是老实体面的人
I realize this is cold comfort,
也许这对您的悲痛无济于事
but I have reason to believe
但我有理由相信
that his murder is unrelated
他的死因与
to any alleged ties to bootlegging.
与偷盗无关
II don't understand.
我不明白
He was a patsy, Mrs. Schroeder,
施罗德夫人,您丈夫被人骗了
adupe set up to take the fall.
让人设计推下大海
By whom? I'm not sure yet.
被谁, 还不清楚,
Do you mind if I smoke? Please.
介意我抽烟吗, 随意,
I, umI had a ribbon.
我有个发带
What exactly is the nature
您与努基?汤普森
of your relationship to Nucky Thompson?
的关系是什么样的
hey, Nuck. hey, Champ.
你好,努克, 你好,大舌头,
Say, can you lend me a few bucks?
能借我些钱吗
I'd like to, but I'm a little short.
可以,但我手头有点紧(太矮了,一语双关)
That one kills me!
真要命
Oh, look at the lovebirds.
瞧瞧这对恩爱夫妻
Looks like you're having a ball.
看起来你们要共赴舞会
We're having a swell time, sure.
享受美好时光,是的
Saltwater Taffy! Would you like some?
咸味太妃糖,想来点吗
No, but you go ahead.
不要,你去吧
Talk about a flat tire.
谈谈瘪了的轮胎
Lionel barrymore last night, dinner at the knife & fork,,
莱昂纳尔?巴里摩尔昨晚用刀叉进餐
champagne till dawn and not so much as a smooch.
喝香槟,亲吻到天明
She looks like a pushover. That's what I thought.
她看似很容易得手啊, 我也这么想,
What are you, about 20, 21?
你多大了,二十,二十一岁吗
Oh, forgive me for asking.
对不起,我太唐突了
It's just that george and I were talking.
我正和乔治谈论这个问题
I'm 19.
我十九岁
Why, that's ideal.
真不错
You see, I'm thinking of sponsoring a beauty contest
我正考虑办个选美大赛
right here in Atlantic City.
地点就在大西洋城
And if you don't mind my saying,
如果你不介意
You've got plenty of what it takes.
我很希望您能参加
A beauty contest?
选美比赛吗
Naturally. Who doesn't love a pretty girl?
谁天性不爱美女
What would I have to do?
我要怎么做
Keep in touch and I'll let you know.
保持联系,我会通知你
Oh, incidentally,
顺便一提
Georgie here will be one of our judges.
乔治会作为评委出席
Really? Certainly.
真的吗, 没问题,
Thanks, Nuck. You're the darb.
谢谢,努克,你太棒了
That oughtta warm her up.
这会让她兴奋起来
Hello? Atlantic City, New Jersey,
你好, 新泽西州, 大西洋城,
to Chicago, Illinois.
转接伊利诺伊州芝加哥
It took you long enough. I've been waiting a halfhour.
太慢了,我已经等了半个小时了
Go ahead, please.
请继续说
Hello?
什么
Al. Al.
阿尔,阿尔
Come here. Hello? Is anyone there?
过来, 你好,有人在听吗,
Who's this?
你是谁
Al, it's Jimmy.
阿尔,我是吉米
Jimmy Darmody. Who?
吉米?达莫迪, 谁,
Jimmy, Atlantic City.
大西洋城的吉米
What gives?
什么事
I'm in a fix. I need your help.
我有麻烦了,需要你帮忙
What kind of fix? The coppers?
什么麻烦,条子吗
No, it's not that.
不,不是这样
II need money.
我,我需要钱
You blew all that dough already?
你都挥霍光了吗
It's a long story.
说起来话长
I need you to wire me $500.
我想你汇给我五百美元
What? I didn't hear you.
什么,我没听清
I need you to go to Western Union
我要你明天去西联汇款公司
and wire me $500.
给我汇五百美元
I can't hear you, pal.
我听不到,兄弟
There's trouble on the wire.
线路有问题
Al.
阿尔
Jimmy? Jimmy, are you there?
吉米,吉米,你还在吗
Al, can you hear me? I can't hear you.
阿尔,能听到我说话吗, 我听不到,
Al! Call me back, pal.
阿尔, 再打过来,兄弟,
Sounds like you need help.
听起来你需要帮助
Son of a bitch!
狗娘养的
Al!
阿尔
Operator. May I help you?
我是接线员,您需要帮助吗
Yeah, you you can go jump in a fucking lake.
是,你他妈的跳河去吧
Why is the money cold?
为什么钱很凉
It was in my pocket. You walked here?
在我的口袋里放的, 你走过来的,
I let Jimmy go.
我把吉米赶走了
It's time he struck out on his own.
他是时候开创自己的事业了
Well, maybe it'll be good for him,
也许这对他有好处
Toughen him up a little bit.
给他点磨砺
Pour me one of those cognacs, will you?
帮我倒点科涅克白兰地,好吗
Fuckin' indigestion.
有点消化不良
You and me both. Stomach's been killing me.
你我都是, 胃疼差点要了我的命,
So what do you hear from trenton?
你从特伦敦那里听到什么了
Senator edge is coming down,
参议员的利刃就要来了
Frank Hague too from Jersey City,
弗兰克?海牙自泽西城而来
for my birthday.
为我祝寿
Oh Jesus.
天啊
A grown man still throwing himself birthdays.
成年老男人了,还喜欢过生日
Does that mean I should cancel your cooze for the night?
这是否意味着我应该取消您夜间的性服务
The fuck it does.
是他妈这么回事
I'm hoping to pin edge down
我希望略微
on that road appropriation money.
减少修路的拨款
You should horsetrade. The election's coming up.
你该和他讨价还价一番,选举在即
He's got his eye on Washington.
他正虎视眈眈华盛顿的位置
I think he can go all the way.
我想他会一直做下去
God knows the ladies like him. Yeah.
上帝都知道他讨女人的喜欢, 是啊,
That could be a lot of goddamn votes.
这得有多少票啊
That's a frightening thought.
多么可怕的想法
Well, a vote's a vote, isn't it?
但是投票归投票,不是吗
You think so?
你这样想的吗
Louanne.
露安
Louanne?
露安
God damn it.
该死的
Louanne.
露安
Jesus. What the hell are you doing back there?
上帝,你到底在外面做什么
Fixing your supper, commodore
准备您的晚餐,准将先生
When you hear this bell, get your ass in here.
当你听到铃声的时候,赶紧到这儿来
Do you understand that? Yes, sir.
懂了吗, 懂了,先生,
Is there something I could do for you?
有什么能为您做的吗
I want you to tell Mr.Thompson here
我想让你告诉汤普森先生
what your thoughts are on the League of Nations.
你对于国际联盟的看法
Beg pardon?
麻烦您再说一次
Tell Mr.Thompson what your thoughts are
告诉汤普森先生你对于国际联盟
on the League of Nations.
的看法
Big meeting there last week, right?
上周开了个大会,对吧
Paris?
在巴黎
I don't know what that is, sir.
我不知道那是什么,先生
Well, how do you feel about the Harriday Act?
你觉得哈里代法案怎么样
Holiday? Harriday.
假日, 哈里代,
Allows banks to operate through subsidiaries.
哈里代法案允许银行经营子公司
Sorry, commodore,
很抱歉,准将
I'm not versed in these matters.
我没听说过这些事情
Of course she isn't. She empties my pisspot.
她当然没听说过,她只是个泄欲工具
That's your woman's vote.
你所谓的女人票不过如此
We now take you to feudal Japan!
我们带你回到封建时期的日本
Come on, come on! Aw, Jesus.
快点,快点, 上帝啊,
What are you waiting for! That's us.
你还在等什么, 轮到我们了,
The cue's coming. Come on, let's go.
尾白马上到了, 快点,我们走吧,
It happens every time. Yeah.
每次都这样, 对啊,
"My dearest Rose,
"亲爱的罗斯,
I trust and pray to our lord
我相信主,并向其祷告
that this missive finds you well
这封信函能保你身体健康
and in good spirits.
心情愉快
Important agency business
公务缠身
keeps me from home,
无法回家
for how much longer I cannot say.
不知道何时能够结束
Please see to it
请你务必
that you run the faucets at least twice a day,
每天查看管道接口处两次
as the winter weather can cause the pipes to crack.
因为冬季管子易裂
Your devoted husband,
爱你的丈夫
Nelson."
尼尔森
Shoe.
鞋子
You know, you oughtta grow a mustache.
你应该留小胡子
What?
什么
Sure.
当然
Like Douglas Fairbanks.
像道格拉斯?范朋克那样
Douglas Fairbanks belongs in Snake Alley
道格拉斯?范朋克应该呆在华西街
with the other powder puffs.
陪着另一个女人
You ask me, he's all man.
要我说,他是纯爷们
He's starring in "The mark of zorro."
他主演了《佐罗的面具》
I'll put that on my list.
我会考虑的
Ahem, Mrs.Schroeder is here.
施罗德夫人来了
Now? She says she must see you.
现在吗, 她说一定要见您,
Who's Mrs. Schroeder?
施罗德夫人是谁
Just wait in the car with Eddie.
和埃迪到车里等我
Mrs. Schroeder, what a surprise.
施罗德夫人,真是稀客
I'm sorry. I know it's late.
对不起,我知道很晚了
It's nearly midnight. Where are your children?
已经接近午夜了,你的孩子们在哪儿
They're with a neighbor.
他们和邻居在一起
Shall we?
进去谈吧
Here, have a seat.
请坐
Mr. Thompson, I apologize,
汤普森先生,我向您道歉
But I need to return this.
我要把这笔钱还给你
Well, that certainly could have waited till tomorrow.
等到明天再还也没关系
No, it couldn't.
不,不能等
That money...
这笔钱
I don't know what it is, what it's for.
我不知道是哪儿来的,做什么用的
It was weighing too heavily on my conscience.
这让我的良心过意不去
Your conscience?
你的良心
Well, why should it do that?
为什么这样想
With my husband gone...
随着我丈夫去世
I understand what you're going through, whatever the circumstances.
不论情况怎样,我明白你内心的痛苦
Was she very young, your wife?
她很早就去世了吗,你的妻子
Yes, she was.
是的,很早就去世了
28.
才28岁,
She was a beautiful loving woman.
她是个美丽可爱的女人
I'll keep her in my prayers.
我会为她祈祷的
Thank you.
谢谢你
When I came to you for help,
我向你寻求帮助的时候
it was only to ask for employment for my husband.
只是希望您能雇佣他
I was a parlormaid back in Ireland.
我曾经在爱尔兰做女仆
With these soft hands?
用这双柔嫩的手吗
My point is I wasn't seeking alms.
我的意思是,我不是来寻求施舍
But we're Christians. That was the charitable thing.
但我们是基督徒,帮助他人是做善事
Charity degrades those who receive it
施舍使接受者蒙羞
and hardens those who dispense it.
使付出者冷酷无情
That's French or something, isn't it?
法国人写的,是吗
George Sand. He was a poet.
乔治?桑, 他是个诗人,
He was a she, actually.
实际上,他是女人
Baroness Amandine Lucile Dupin.
奥罗尔?杜邦男爵夫人
Sand was her penname.
桑是她的笔名
My employer was a barrister.
我的雇主是个律师
The house was filled with books.
家里堆满了书
and I'll bet you read them all. as many as I could.
我猜你肯定都看过了, 能读的都读了,
Will you help me, mr. Thompson?
你能帮我吗,汤普森先生
All I want is to provide for my children.
我只想抚养我的孩子
I'd like to help you.
我非常想帮助你
Then tell me what to do.
那告诉我应该怎么做
What do you want from me?
我拿什么和您交换
I want you
我想让你
To vote republican.
给共和党投票
george, stop! kiss me, baby. Come on.
乔治,别这样, 亲我,宝贝,
You see what you're doing to me?
知道该怎么犒劳我了吧
Stop getting fresh.
别得寸进尺
Come on, honey. I'm crazy for you.
别这样,宝贝,我快疯了
Stop. I'm not that kind of girl.
住手,我不是那种女孩
Really? Well, what kind of girl are you, huh?
真的吗,那你是哪类女孩
So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?
这就是结局是吗
Come near me and I'll scream.
再靠近我就喊人了
Come near you? Who can get close to you?
靠近,谁能靠近你
Get your things. I'm taking you back to Baltimore.
拿上你的东西,我送你回巴尔的摩
At this hour?
现在
Well, I've got headlamps, haven't I?
我车有大灯
A guy comes home and he sees his wife
一个汉子回家看到
In bed with a stranger.
她老婆和一个陌生人躺在床上
He says, "What the hell are you two doing?"
他质问,你们两个在干什么
She turns to the stranger and says,
她看了一眼陌生人说
"See? I told you he was stupid."
看到了吗,我告诉你他是个笨蛋,
fella comes home to his wife and he says,
另一个汉子回家对他的老婆说
"Honey, pack your bags. I've just won the irish sweepstakes."
亲爱的,收拾东西,我刚赢了爱尔兰彩票,
She says, "Well, should I pack for warm weather or cold?"
她问,那我应该拿厚衣服还是薄衣服
"Doesn't matter to me," He says,
都一样,他回答,
"As long as you're gone by noon."
只要你中午前离开这就行,
you had one the other day nucky.
你那天说的那个也很搞笑, 努基,
Sir james of the absecon isle.
来自阿布希肯岛的詹姆斯爵士
I got what you asked for.
我凑够你要的钱了
Do I need to count it?
我是不是得数数
Only if you don't trust me.
除非你不信我
So we're square?
我们还是一家人
As a block of ice.
坚不可摧
Gentlemen and ladies, to the tables.
女士们先生们,来赌一把
Money plays.
金钱游戏
on black.
三千美元压黑,3,000
Check play.
买定离手
No more bets.
下注结束
And the world turns.
世界在旋转
RED.23
23号红,
Not my night apparently.
今晚运气不佳啊
it's okay, baby. I know.
没事的,宝贝, 我知道,
I've still got you though. Right?
我这不是还有你呢吗
A waste of time, that's what this trip was.
这次旅行根本就是浪费时间
There are plenty of girls
天涯何处无芳草
Plenty, who'd give their eye teeth
片片芳草愿为我
For a time like I showed you
展露芳姿
Theater, champagne, fancy suppers,
剧院,香槟,美妙的晚餐
in a dress shop!
还有七十美元的衣服,$70
You could've shown a little gratitude, you know.
你至少应该心存感激
"Not that kind of girl."
不是那样的女孩,
What kind of girl goes away with a fella she just met, anyway?
什么样的女孩会跟着刚认识的男人一起出来旅行
You can forget about that beauty pageant,
告诉你
I'll tell you that right now.
忘了那些盛装集会吧
All right, enough. Quit your jabbering.
行了,够了,闭嘴吧
Pull over.
停车
Go on, do it.
快点,听我的
You wanna kiss me? Go ahead.
你想亲我是吗,来吧
You bet I do.
我当然想
Go on, unbutton your trousers.
继续,解开裤子

分享到
重点单词
  • excessivelyadv. 过分地,过度地,非常地
  • devotedadj. 投入的,深爱的 v. 投入 vbl. 投入
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • quibblen. 遁辞,谬论,双关话 v. 推托,说模棱两可的话,说
  • accountabilityn. 可说明性;有义务;有责任
  • prohibitionn. 禁止,禁令 Prohibition:禁酒
  • screamn. 尖叫声 v. 尖叫,大笑
  • consciencen. 良心,责任心,顾忌
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词
  • frighteningadj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的