大西洋帝国第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集:童年不愉快的经历
日期:2017-02-27 15:18

(单词翻译:单击)

I like making you happy. Thank you.
我喜欢讨你欢心, 谢谢你
She's not there. Where is she?
她搬走了, 她在哪儿
Just now a blue limousine pulls up and carts them off.
一辆蓝色豪华轿车把她们接走
You all remember Jimmy Darmody. Welcome back, kid!
还记得吉米·达莫迪吗, 欢迎回归,孩子
Now that he's made the world safe for democracy,
现在他将为保护世界民主自由而奋斗
he's back to lend us a hand too.
他会来给我们帮把手
You see any action?
你参加行动了吗
Caught some shrapnel from a Jerry's grenade,
被德军的手榴弹碎片炸到
spent eight months in the hospital.
在医院里躺了八个月
I could mix this up real nice.
交给我的话能办得很漂亮
500 bottles will get you 3,000.
三千块钱五百瓶
Say, fat chops?
死胖子
If you steal from my men,
如果你偷了我手下的
you steal from me. I don't know what you're talking about.
就是偷了我的, 我不知道你在说什么
I thought you'd like it. I would have.
我以为你喜欢这照片, 以前我的确喜欢
Plenty of fellas at the front had pictures of their sweethearts.
前线好多兄弟们都有爱人的照片
How would I have known where to send it?
我怎么知道寄到哪里
Did you fuck him?
你和他上过床了吗
It's an important night, Eli.
今晚很重要,伊莱
Bad enough I have dad to look after.
重要到要请老爸来压阵
I want to say my piece. Where's your brother?
我只是想一吐为快, 你弟弟在哪
Dad, "Carrickfergus." Oh, what do I give a shit?
爸爸,听《卡里克弗格斯》 关我屁事呢
James Darmody and an unnamed accomplice
达莫迪和一个不知名的同谋
executed five men.
杀了五个人
You're a prohibition Agent. Bring me numbers.
你只是个禁酒探员,我要有用的数据
I'm Annabelle. Us girls all help each other out here.
我叫安娜贝拉,我们这样的女人都会互相帮助
Which girls? Oh, you know.
什么样的女人, 你懂的
The concubines.
情妇们
I'm sorry about the girl.
那女孩的事我表示遗憾
Your mug Liam... it'd be nice to hear that from him.
你的打手,利亚姆,我更想这话从他嘴里说出来
I told him to pick a whore and he did.
我告诉他找个妓女,他照做了
I think you'd agree that Greektown belongs to us now.
现在你同意希腊街是我们的了吧
I'll get the breakfast special, all right?
给我一份早餐特供
You got it.
好的
What'll it be? The usual.
吃点什么, 老样子
Corned beef hash and eggs.
一份盐津牛杂一份鸡蛋
More coffee with that?
需要添点咖啡吗
Oh, sure. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
All right, thanks.
好的,多谢
You're a credit to the force.
你真是警界的骄傲
Your leg again?
腿又疼了吗
I should've let them cut it off.
当初就应该让他们给我截肢
Well, this'll make you feel better:
这个消息应该能让你好受点
that was my cop.
刚才我警局的内线打电话来了
Your pal Liam,
你的仇人利亚姆
the mug who slashed Pearl,
就是划伤珍珠的那个马仔
apparently he takes his meals at a joint on the north side.
好像在北区某个饭馆吃饭
I'm warning you.
我警告你
Don't come near me, god damn it.
别过来,死东西
Don't come any closer to me.
不要靠近我
Get back.
退后
Get back, you little son of a bitch.
退后,小畜生
Carlisle,
卡莱尔
don't make me use this.
别逼我发狠
That's right.
就这样
Hey hey hey, get out all of you, little turds.
都滚出去,一群小畜生
Everybody stay back.
你们都给我滚开
Come here, I'll
来人啊
Help!
救命
Help!
救命啊
Where was the surgery done?
你在哪做的手术
A field hospital outside of Verdun.
凡尔登外的野战医院
Three more at Walter Reed.
在沃尔特·里德医院又缝了三针
This is some fine work.
手术挺成功
So why does it hurt?
那为什么还会疼
The screws in the femur
可能是残留在腿中的弹片
could be a problem there,
造成的原因
trauma to the nerve.
神经创伤
So I got a screw loose?
这么说我体内有个螺丝松了
Do you think you do?
你是这么认为的吗
It was a joke.
开玩笑的
No numbness or weakness?
没有麻木或虚弱的症状吗
It's more of a dull ache
更像是隐痛
inside.
肉里的疼
It started recently. It hurts like hell.
最近才开始的,钻心的疼
How's your sleep?
睡眠状况怎么样
Off and on. I'm up a lot.
断断续续,半夜经常疼醒
What do you do?
你是干什么的
I go for walks.
散散步
I read mostly.
看看书
You're employed? What do you do?
我是说工作,做什么工作的
Oh, Bell Telephone.
在贝尔电话公司工作
Have you ever heard of Dr. Robert Woodworth?
你听说过罗伯特·伍德沃斯医生吗,美国心理学专家
He developed a test during the war
他在一战中研究了一种测试
to help the soldiers.
来帮助士兵
We're giving it to all the men who come in.
现在我们给所有来看病的人做这个测试
What kind of test?
什么样的测试
It's called a personal inventory.
叫做个人档案
The war's over.
一战已经结束了
It might be useful anyway
但那还能对国家卫生事业发展
for the country.
有点用处
"Set a high standard for a clean America."
"建立卫生和谐美利坚"
What do I have to do?
怎么做测试
Just answer a few questions about yourself.
回答几个个人问题
It could help you feel better.
可以帮助你缓解症状
Sure, why not?
好吧,何乐而不为
How are you doing?
怎么样了
The doctor will be right with you.
医生马上就来
Are you all right?
感觉还好吧
Try and hold still now.
来抓紧了别动
Good god almighty.
万能的主啊
Pop, come on. One, two, three.
老爸,起来,一二三
You fucking butcher.
你他妈轻点
Pop, just let us get you situated, okay?
老爸,让我们把你放好
Ho ho ho,
瞧瞧
look who's come to pay a visit.
看谁大驾光临了
I came as soon as I heard.
我听到消息立马赶来了
I called your office.
我打到你办公室
Eddie said you were out with your ladyfriend.
埃迪说你跟你女朋友出去了
Who's that? Mabel?
是谁,梅布尔吗
Mabel was my wife. You know that.
梅布尔是我前妻,你记得的
One, two, three. God almighty!
一二三, 万能的主啊
Get him in there. Easy.
杀了我吧, 慢点
It's all right. Oh god.
好了, 天啊
Five goddamn hours.
我他妈躺了五个小时
I could have lost my leg if your brother hadn't come by.
要不是你弟弟赶来,我这条腿就保不住了
Thank you, Dr. Surran.
万分感谢,苏林医生
All right, Mr. Thompson, here we go.
好了,汤普森先生,我们走
You got it? Yeah, I got it.
抱紧没, 抱紧了
I'll stop by the hospital later, pop.
老爸,我等会再去医院看你
So this woman.
那个女人
This Margaret Schroeder.
那个玛格丽特·施罗德
Yes?
怎么了
What's going on there?
你跟她怎么回事
She's a lovely person, Eli. I'm sure she's a peach.
她很可人,伊莱, 的确美若桃花
She's also a widow, remember,
但你该知道她是个寡妇
pretty tragic circumstances?
还是你一手制造的悲剧
She knows nothing and she never will.
她什么都不知道,以后也不会知道
It smells like piss in here.
这里闻着和茅房一样
Cat piss.
猫尿
That too.
也有那味儿
I'll call Sailor's Haven,
我会给水手天堂打电话
see if they have an extra room.
看他们是否有多余的房间
We can't do that.
不能这样
Now I'm supposed to get him a private nurse?
难不成我还得给他找个私人护理
June and I will take him. He can live with us.
他可以跟我和琼住,我们会照顾他
What about your kids?
你的孩子们怎么办
The kids love him.
孩子们都喜欢他
I suppose it is time to sell, huh?
看来是时候卖出去了,是吧
A lot of memories in this place.
满载记忆的地方
We should give it to Fleming,
我们该把它送给弗莱明
let him fix it up.
让他整修一下
They just had another baby, more to come probably.
他刚有了另一个孩子,可能以后会有更多
Just give it to him?
就这么白给他
Let some decent family
给户好人家
Make a home of this shitpile.
让他们把这里弄的像个家的样子吧
God damn toaster it cost me nine bucks.
该死的烤面包机,花了我整整九块钱
He never even plugged it in.
结果他从来都没用过
Who done these?
这些是谁做的
Ferschke over on Illinois.
伊利诺斯州的费斯基
Ink don't even stick.
墨一抹就掉
Said he'd take 50 dollar off.
他说可以再减五十美金
I don't care he pay me.
价钱不是问题
I can't use this shit.
关键是这些垃圾根本没法用
Mr. White?
怀特先生
Mr. Chalky White? Hello?
朝琪·怀特先生,有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
How do you do?
你们好啊
You are, I assume, Mr. White.
我想,您就是怀特先生了吧
May I say it is both an honor and a privilege
我得说,能认识您
to be making your acquaintance?
简直既是荣幸又是特权啊
Fuck are you, shortpants?
你又是谁,小矮子
My name is Michael Lewis.
我叫迈克尔·路易斯
I am a businessman. I have traveled here today
我是个生意人
from the borough of Manhattan in the city of new york
今天刚从纽约曼哈顿区来到贵宝地
to discuss a proposition with you.
目的是想跟您谈笔生意
May I approach?
我能过去吗
You may stay where the fuck you're standing.
你他妈最好站那别动
What proposition?
什么生意
A boy, let us say,
有个小子,这么说吧
wants to buy a boiled wool coat for his sweetheart.
他想给他的心上人买件羊毛大衣
At Gimbels this coat puts him
在金贝尔,这大衣要花掉他
$12.46 out of pocket.
十二块四毛六
On Rivington Street this identical coat costs what?
同样的大衣,在文顿街要花多少钱
This ain't no coat store, son.
小子,这里没有大衣店
But the principle, you'd agree, is the same.
可你得承认,道理是一样的
You make a certain product, yes?
你有自己的产品
It sells for a certain price
根据质量,成本,市场竞争等
based on quality, cost, competition.
要素定价
So what do you say, Mr. White?
那么,怀特先生,您觉得怎么样
About what?
什么怎么样
About my buying, let's call it,
关于我直接从
1000 cases of spirituous liquor
从你这进一千箱
directly from you
烈酒
to our mutual benefit.
咱们互惠互利
Cut out the middleman.
去掉中间人
Nobody ever gotta know except you and me.
只有天知地知,你知我知
Precisely right.
正是
Your mama know you're out wearing your daddy's sunday suit?
你妈知道你偷穿了你爸最好的衣服来这吗
No sir, she does not.
不,先生,她不知道
She also doesn't know that I have this.
她也不知道我有这个
$10,000 in U.S. currency
一万美元现金
$500,000 notes.
还有五十万支票
And all you have do is recognize an opportunity.
而你要做的,就是和我们合作
Would you like to share the punchline?
有什么笑料,说来听听
Well, the punchline is you tell Nucky Thompson
笑料就是,你得告诉努基·汤普森
it's gonna take a lot more than 10 grand
想占我的便宜
to get me to fuck him over.
一万太少了
Well, you can't blame a fellow for trying.
勇于尝试总没错吧
Gentlemen.
先生们,告辞
So it's me, Eleanor and the baby,
当时我和埃莉诺,还有宝宝在一起
with the thunder booming right outside the window.
窗外电闪雷鸣
Next thing I know thanks, Nuck
接着,谢谢,努基
next thing I know, little Georgie, his sister and the cat
接着就是,小乔治,他姐姐和猫
are all crammed in with us under the covers.
一起迅速钻进了我们的被窝
I tell you, a bedbug crawled in
这么说吧,哪怕再爬上来一只臭虫
the whole megillah would have collapsed under the weight.
那床就肯定塌了
How old's the baby now anyway?
孩子现在几岁了
A little over five months.
五个多月了
It flies, boy. It was just yesterday we brought her home
过得真快啊,仿佛昨天我们才把她接回家
a scrawny little thing, came seven weeks early.
可怜的小东西,提前七周降临人世
I owe it all to her mom though.
我非常感激她妈妈
Night and day she fed that kid,
不分昼夜地照料她
bundled her up close.
随时把她带在身边
I swear she didn't put her down for a month.
我发誓,有整整一个月,她都没放下过她
Anyway, enough of my yammering.
好了,我絮叨得够多了
No, actually it's your family that I wanted to discuss.
没关系,我很乐意听你说家里的事
Get off of me!
放开我
He's in a very important meeting.
他正在开一个非常重要的会
Eddie, stop.
埃迪,别拦着我
Why won't you return my calls?
为什么不回我电话
I am so sorry. Lucy, I'm in a meeting.
非常抱歉, 露西,我正在开会
I don't care. I love you.
我不管,我爱你
What does she have that I don't have?
她有什么是我没有的
Lucy She's a fucking shopgirl.
露西, 她就是个卖东西的
Calm down, okay?
冷静点,行吗
I left some of my clothes here.
我有几件衣服落在这了
I'll call you, okay? We'll have dinner.
我稍后打给你,行吗,我们一起吃晚饭
I want to go to the pictures.
我想去看电影
Whatever you'd like. "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."
都听你的, 我要看《变身怪医》
Fine. We'll talk about it later.
好的,我们迟点再说
I feel empty without you inside of me.
你不在我心里总是空空的
We'll talk about that as well.
都迟点再说吧
I'm sorry about that.
很抱歉
So you're still in that flat over on Vermont?
那你们现在还住在佛蒙特州的小公寓里吗
We are.
是的
You need a house, Damien,
你需要一处大宅子,达米恩
with a yard for the kids.
有个小院好让孩子玩耍
That's the plan. We're saving up.
我们就是这么计划的,现在正存钱呢
I want you to have my father's place.
你可以搬到我父亲的宅子里
He doesn't need it anymore and I sure as hell don't want it.
他不住那儿了,我自己也不想要
That sounds great, but we couldn't afford it yet.
听起来是不错,不过我们目前负担不起
I'm giving it to you, no strings.
我送给你,不要任何条件
You fix it up, make it livable.
你整修一下,弄得像样点
Gee, Nuck, I
这,努克,我
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么了
Say thank you.
说谢谢
Well, thank you.
谢谢
Thanks a million.
万分感谢
You just made Eleanor and me about the happiest people on earth.
你让埃莉诺和我成为世界上最幸福的人
That's all I wanted to hear.
这是我最想听的
Sometimes I'm not sure what he wants from me.
有时候我不知道,他想从我身上得到什么
Then what's that big bed for?
那那张大床是干什么用的
Besides that.
除了那个
The more important thing is what do you want from him?
更重要的是,你想从他身上得到什么
Well, I don't want to lose this.
我不想失去已经拥有的这一切
He'll never marry you, you know.
你知道他不会和你结婚的
I know, I know.
这我当然知道
The last girlLucy
上一个女孩,露西
He'd been with her for ages.
他和她在一起很长一段时间
It would be nice to have some certainty in our lives.
我还是希望,生活能在掌握之中
I've been with Harry three years now,
我和哈利在一起三年了
and the only certainty I've got
唯一能掌握的是
is stashed under a floorboard in my bedroom
我在卧房地板下藏的一笔钱
almost $4,000 worth of certainty.
大概有四千美元
You make him pay you?
你跟他收钱吗
Not exactly.
也不完全是
Rich men can be careless with their money,
有钱人对钱也没那么在意
especially the married ones.
特别是结了婚的
The occasional 10spot kited from his trousers while he's asleep.
他睡着时,不小心在裤子里发现点小钱
It adds up after a while.
不久就会越集越多
I could never do that.
我不可能做这些
You might surprise yourself someday.
终有一天你也会如此的
Do you love him?
你爱他吗
I'm fond of him.
我对他有好感
Is he in love with you?
他爱上你了吗
I don't think he's gotten over his wife.
我不认为那爱会超过他的妻子
What does he say about her?
他是怎么说他太太的
Not much. It's just the impression I get.
说得不多,只是我自己感觉
He's rather parsimonious with his sentiments.
他总是不愿表露自己的情绪
That's probably just as well.
这样最好
The last thing you want is him talking too much.
你最不想遇到的就是个婆婆妈妈的富佬
What do you mean?
什么意思
One thing I learned not from Harry,
我学到一点,不是从哈利那里
but from the one before him
是从之前的一个男人身上
let them keep their secrets to themselves.
让他们保有自己的秘密
You let him open up and bare his soul,
你让他敞开心扉,与你坦诚相对
you'll be a constant reminder of how weak he really is.
你的存在就会时刻提醒他,他有多软弱
Mama, come play.
妈妈,来一起玩吧
In a minute, my dear. Why, you'll have no trouble getting a man at all.
再过一会儿,宝宝
Shut up.
安静点
Anybody got change of a nickel?
谁有五分零钱啊
Oh, look who it is.
看看这是谁呀
Last time I saw you fellas was in back of a paddy.
上次我看到你,你还跟着个爱尔兰佬干活呢
This is Charlie Luciano. And my pal Meyer.
这是查理·卢西亚诺, 我朋友,梅耶
Mickey Doyle. How do you do?
米奇·多伊尔, 你好
He says you're a real solid fella.
他说你是个真正可靠的朋友
So why didn't you tell me you was in town, eh?
怎么不告诉我们你来这了
what are you doing here? Business.
你干嘛来了, 生意上的事儿
Why else would I come to this shitholebythesea?
我来这该死的地方,还能为什么
Oh, Ganuzz.
加努斯
So let me ask you, how many times you think you can knock over
我倒要问问你,在努基·汤普森发觉之前
Nucky Thompson's bagman before he bites back?
你能不能搞到他的货源
It was easy pickings.
这很轻松
So it was you fellas.
对你们而言确实
We're getting a toehold on the alcohol business.
这是我们酒类生意的起点
We needed a little scratch to get things rolling.
我们需要资金来运转它
That's a nice take 3,000 clams.
听起来不错,得要三千美金吧
It ain't hay.
不是小数目
You do realize you owe Mr. Rothstein for the privilege.
你知道自己欠罗斯坦先生好处
You ain't got no jurisdiction down in Atlantic City.
大西洋城,还轮不到你管吧
They came here from Philly on their own accord.
他们自愿从费城赶来的
Have you been noticing the cost of gasoline?
你们有没有注意到油价
Last week goes from 18 to 20 a gallon.
上周是十八到二十美元一加仑
Who is this kike? The name's Meyer Lansky.
这犹太佬是谁啊, 我叫梅耶·兰斯基
And he's a pal of mine, like I said.
我说过了,他是我朋友
Gasoline, like I said it's what moves America.
正如我所说,汽油驱动着美国
Once you got the hooch, you gotta distribute it, right?
一旦私酒到手,你就得想办法脱手,对吧
You gotta set up stills, warehouses to store the stuff,
你要建酿酒场,仓库来储存
payoffs for the bulls,
给警察,政客们好处
bottles, crates, labels it adds up.
瓶子,装货箱,标签,林林总总
You wanna run a topshelf operation,
要想经营得好
you're gonna need a lot more than 3,000 bucks.
三千美元可远远不够
We got muscle. Yeah,
我们有劳动力, 是的
you and your brothers against the whole city?
你和你的兄弟们能搬动全城的吗
So what are you saying?
你想说什么
Is Rothstein willing to back us?
罗斯坦想要援助我们吗
Show him you're capable.
向他展示你的能力
You been to Lolly Steinman's?
你们去过斯坦曼钱庄吗
The delicatessen? It's a casino.
那个酒店吗, 是赌场
Nucky Thompson owns it.
东家是努基·汤普森
End of a Saturday they got 150 grand in the cage.
周六闭馆时他们会从出纳台提走十五万美元
You fixing we rob the joint?
你是建议我们去打劫吗
And he's the smart one.
他很聪明
We're gonna work out the details,
细节稍后我们一起讨论
but 50% goes to A.R. in New York.
但是五成归罗斯坦
The other 50 we use to bankroll our next move.
另外的五成,我们把它作为下一步行动的资金
"We"?
"我们"吗
The name's Billy Winslow.
他叫比利·温斯洛
We got him dead to rights on
我们想以武装抢劫珠宝店
an armed robbery a jewelry store.
的罪名判他死刑
His mother's sick and he's terrified of going to jail.
他母亲病了,他害怕坐牢
And why is this my concern?
这关我什么事
As soon as I leveled the charges against him,
我刚开始指控他时
he started bawling like a baby,
他就像一个婴儿般哭闹
said he wanted to talk to a Fed from Atlantic City.
说他想同来自大西洋城的联邦探员谈谈
Who are you?
你们是谁
My name is Velson Van Alden.
我是威尔森·范奥尔登
I'm a special agent
我是大西洋郡
with the bureau of internal revenue in Atlantic County.
国税局高级探员
This is my colleague agent Sebso.
这是我的同事,赛布索探员
Hello.
你好
So I gather you've got a story to tell, Mr. Winslow.
我听说你有事情想告诉我们,温斯洛先生
That depends. What's in it for me?
这取决于我的待遇
You're looking at 10 years hard labor at Rahway.
你面临着在拉威监狱十年的苦役
You're not exactly in a position to bargain.
你没有筹码讨价还价
There was a hijacking.
那是一次拦路抢劫
In the woods last January.
发生在一月份,在树林里
It was a truckloadful of hooch headed to New York.
目标是运往纽约的一整车走私酒
They left five bodies behind.
他们杀了五个人
How do you know this?
你如何知道的
'Cause I was there as a decoy.
因为那时我在那里当诱饵
I blocked the road with my car.
我用我的车堵住了道路
I wasn't involved in any killing.
我和杀人无关
It wasn't supposed to happen like that.
事情不应该是这样的
Nobody was supposed to get hurt.
我们没打算杀任何人
Then why did they?
那他们为什么开枪了
Look, I can give you the ringleader
我可以供出头儿
and you can just ask him.
你去问他吧
What's his name?
他叫什么
If I tell you, do we have a deal? You'll get me off?
如果我说了,我们定个约定,能放我走吗
If you agree to testify,
如果你同意作证的话
I'll use my influence as best I can.
我会尽可能地帮你争取
His name's
他的名字是
Jimmy Darmody.
吉米·达莫迪
It was him and this fella called Al.
是他和一个叫阿尔的家伙策划的
Ronald Tineo.
罗纳德·迪纳奥
Yes, ma'am.
我是
You like to read?
你喜欢读书吗
It keeps me occupied.
只是找点事做
What is the book?
书名是什么
It's, uh

Jesus.
天啊
It's called "The Tin Soldier."
书名是《锡兵》(安徒生童话)
It's a bunch of malarkey.
废话连篇
Smoke?
抽烟吗
Mmm. Not possible.
抽不了
Thomas Farina.
托马斯·法利纳
James Darmody.
我叫詹姆斯·达莫迪
Richard Harrow.
我叫理查德·哈罗
Nice to meet you.
幸会
Would you want this?
你要看这本吗
My sister sends them to me
我妹妹寄给我的
because I used to enjoy them.
因为我曾经很爱读它
You don't anymore?
现在不喜欢了吗
It occurred to me
它告诉我
the basis of fiction is that
小说的基础是
people have some sort of connection with each other.
人们之间有一些羁绊
But they don't.
但其实他们没有
Thomas Decatur.
托马斯·迪凯特
That's me.
我是
Thank you.
谢谢
They're making you take the test?
他们让你做测试了
The nutcase test? Yeah.
疯子测试吗,是的
And then they'll tell us
之后他们会告诉我们
if we're normal or not.
是否心智正常
I hear
我听说
some of the questions are embarrassing.
有些问题会很私密
Just lie.
那就说谎
I find that difficult now.
我发现这有点困难
They're interested in what's in our heads,
他们对我们在想什么很感兴趣
so that next time we'll fight better.
所以下次,我们要更努力
I should leave this in my room.
我本该把这个留在房间里
But if I don't have it with me, I become anxious.
但如果我不带着它,就会焦虑不安
A german sniper mask.
一个德军狙击手面具
Mm, I had to wait a very long time
是的,我等他把面具摘下的那刻
for him to take it off.
等了很久很久
You were a marksman?
你是狙击手吗
I watched him from a blind for three days.
我在他的盲区位置盯了他三天
He lifted it to scratch his nose.
他摘下面具挠鼻子
I put a bullet
我的子弹
one inch below his eye.
从他眼下一英寸的地方射进去了
Fuck him, right?
干死他,对吧
Yeah.
没错
Mm, on the test
在测试的时候
they ask
他们会问你
if you ever made love to a girl.
有没有和女人上过床
James Darmody.
詹姆斯·达莫迪
James Darmody.
詹姆斯·达莫迪
He left. Did he say why?
他走了, 他说没说原因
He said he was feeling fine and then he left.
他说觉得自己没事就走了
Durier Frost.
德瑞尔·福罗斯特
Richard Harrow.
理查德·哈罗
He left, too.
他也走了
Go ahead, try lying.
来,试着撒谎看看
Mm, yep, that's right.
是的,他走了
Got the cutest little way
你是我邂逅的最可爱的姑娘
Like to watch you all the day
喜欢一整天看着你
And it certainly seems fine
只是想一想能拥你入怀
Just to think that you'll be mine
都让我幸福洋溢
When I see your pretty smile
当我看见你微笑
Makes the living worth the while...
让我感到不枉此生
More Chianti?
还来点基安蒂酒吗
You're sweeter than wine.
你比葡萄酒更醇美
Telling people what I've found
我告诉人们我找到了什么
But when I told them
但是当我跟他们说
How beautiful you are
你是多么美丽的时候
They didn't believe me...
他们不相信我
I'm still tingling.
我的身体还是酥的
They didn't believe me
他们不相信我
Your lips, your eyes, your cheeks, your hair
你的红唇,你的眸子,你的脸庞,你的秀发
Are in a class beyond compare
是无与伦比的美丽
You're the loveliest girl
你是所有人眼中
That one could see
最可爱的姑娘
But when I tell them...
但是当我跟他们说
What are we gonna do, Mary?
我们该怎么办,玛丽
Relax.
别怕
It's not like he saw us together.
他还没发现我们在一起
Nucky Thompson didn't get where he is by being naive.
努基·汤普森根本不知道这是怎么一回事
That look on his face
看他脸上的表情
He knows something's amiss.
他知道那不对劲
So he knows.
那么他知道了
And then what?
又能怎么样
Well, he could stop giving me money.
他会不给钱我花
You're so good.
你真棒
I depend on this man.
我得依靠这个男人
What about Jimmy?
那吉米呢
I would have thought he'd send something
我本来以为他会有所表示的
If not for me, for Tommy.
就算不是为了我,也是为了汤米
You just may have to get a job, my sweet.
你去找个工作就行了,亲爱的
I know.
我知道
Anything from that art dealer in New York?
那个纽约艺术经纪人那边有消息了吗
No.
没有
But Robert's friend Jonathan is coming in town
但是罗伯特的朋友乔纳森
to look at some real estate.
要来城里看房子
He works at Washington Square Gallery in Greenwich Village.
他在格林威治村的华盛顿广场画廊上班
He's agreed to assess your work.
他同意鉴赏你的作品
Greenwich Village?
格林威治村
Can you imagine?
真是不敢想象
It's everything you've ever heard it is.
你听到的句句属实
They'll never believe me
他们永远不会相信我*
They'll never believe me
他们永远不会相信我*
That from this great big world
在千千万万人中*
You've chosen me.
你选择了我*
I can't thank you enough for coming out here
对您的到来以及给予的帮助
and helping me out like this.
我不胜感激
Here's a little something extra for you and the boys.
这里还有些东西给你和小伙子们
Make sure the guys get the beers, okay?
请大伙喝杯啤酒,明白吗
Watch out for rusty nails. And don't wander off.
小心脚下的钉子, 还有别走散了
Chief Sweeney, I see you brought the whole company.
斯维尼警长,你把局里的人都带过来了
And half of Ladder 38. I couldn't afford it otherwise.
还有三十八消防队一半的人, 要不人手不够
Let's hope there are no fires in town.
希望现在城里不要有火灾发生
Why don't you and the boys take a breather?
你和你的小伙子们先休息一下吧
Mind if we take a look? Be my guest.
我们可以进去看一下吗, 别客气
Oh, that's just a bunch of junk your dad didn't want.
那些都是你爸爸不要的垃圾
No no, just bring it in the house.
不,不,把那个拿进房子就行了
Just do it now.
现在就去
Right there. Where's the 2x4?
在那边, 二乘四的木板在哪儿
The 2x4s are all piled up over there to the right.
都在右边那里堆着
Got it.
知道了
Okay boys, take a break.
好了小伙子们,休息一会儿
You got about 10 minutes.
休息十分钟
So this is it?
就是这里吗
You seem surprised.
你看起来有点吃惊
It's nicer than you described.
这房子比你说的漂亮多了
It is now.
现在是很漂亮
It was filthy, shameful actually.
实际上这房子以前肮脏污秽
I used to dream about fixing it up.
我以前做梦都想装修它
Well, it's quite cozy.
现在看上去非常舒适
It's funny it didn't seem all that small when I was a kid.
有意思的是,我小时候觉得这房子没现在这么小
Because you were small yourself.
因为你那时候很小
I look at my father now
现在我眼里的父亲
he's this frail little man.
是一个虚弱的小老头
When I was a kid, he was the giant
在我小时候,他跟《杰克与魔豆》里的
in "Jack and the Beanstalk."
巨人一样高大威猛
He frightened you.
他让你害怕
With good reason.
我害怕是有原因的
Does he still?
如今呢
He can't hurt me now.
拿我没辙了
On my ninth birthday I made the mistake
九岁生日时,我犯了个错
of reaching for a piece of bread
开餐的时候,我抢在父亲之前
ahead of my dad at the dinner table.
拿了一块面包
He used this hot poker
为此,他动用这根发烫的火钳
to remind me that he eats first.
提醒我,必须等他先开动
I wondered how you'd gotten that.
我以前也想问你是怎么弄伤的
There are times, even to this day,
一次又一次,即使是现在
where I'll lay awake in bed,
晚上睡不着的时候
thinking about the fact that my father
我都会想想我的父亲
the man who was supposed to protect us, to provide
那个本应保护我们,为我们
I'm no stranger to a man's cruelty.
我也经历过家庭暴力
Sometimes it's best to leave the past where it is.
过去的就让它过去吧
I should check on the children.
我去看看孩子们
You live here?
你住这儿
This is a whorehouse.
这可是妓院
Yeah.
没错
You want a drink?
喝一杯吗
Bourbon.
波本
Two Bourbons, the real stuff.
两杯波本,上等货
You got a straw back there?
有没有吸管
A straw?
吸管
The second drawer down down.
下面第二个抽屉有,下面
To the lost.
为我们所失去的干杯
Again?
再来一杯吗
You have a gun under your jacket.
你还随身带了把枪
It's a Colt 1903.
是把柯尔特一九零三(美国枪)
Mmm, I have one of those.
这玩意我也有
And a Smith & Wesson Triple Lock...
我还有一把史密斯威尔森(美国枪)
a Rothsteyr,
一把罗夫斯太尔(奥匈帝国手枪)
a Webley.455,
四五五韦伯利(英国手枪)
a Mauser 1914
还有毛瑟一九一四(德国步枪)
very small, mm,
很小
Enfield 1917 3006,
还有恩菲尔德一九一七,三零零六型(美国步枪)
telescopic sight very accurate,
它有瞄准器,非常精确
accurate to 700 yards.
可观测七百码
But I like the Colt in the hand.
不过我最喜欢柯尔特
How do you use yours?
你拿这玩意做什么
How do you think?
你觉得呢
Oh you use it to kill people.
知道了,杀人
It's very good for that.
物尽其用
I want to introduce you to someone.
给你介绍个妹子
Odette!
奥黛特
Odette.
奥黛特
Hi.
你们好
This is Richard Harrow.
这位是理查德·哈罗
He's a friend of mine. He's a war hero.
我的朋友,是位战地英雄
He needs to know how grateful the nation is for his sacrifice.
让他感受下,国家对他所作出牺牲的感谢
You're a patriot, right?
你是爱国者对吧
I'm whatever you want me to be.
我会好好服侍您的
I'll watch your things.
我给你看着东西
I'll watch them. It's okay.
我看着,没事
Come on, baby.
来吧,亲爱的
I got a whole tickertape parade ready.
我的房间张灯结彩地欢迎您呢
So now I've got the crazy blues
我变得郁郁不乐*
since my baby went away
只因我的爱人离我远去*
I ain't got no time to lose...
我只能终日浑浑噩噩*
I'm sorry, Harry. I'm not following you.
不好意思,哈利,我没听明白
International Reply Coupons.
国际通用邮券
This Italian fella up in Boston buys'em in bulk,
这个意大利人从波士顿批发过来
then sells'em here at face value, locking in his profit.
再以面值价格售出,获利不少啊
Well, if it's so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?
这么好赚钱,为什么大家不抢着去赚
All I know is he pays
我只知道他在四十五天
50% on your investment within 45 days.
就能给出双倍的投资回报
I just reupped third time in a row, the whole nest egg.
我已经是第三次投资了,把积蓄全砸进去
I'll let you know.
我决定好了再通知你
Mr. White, say hello to Harry Price.
怀特先生,来跟哈利·普莱斯打个招呼
Get a load of that.
你也投资一笔吧
Chalky White the proprietor.
朝琪·怀特,这儿的经营者
Quite a place.
你这地方不错啊
You people certainly are a lively bunch.
大家好像都挺活跃的
So...
对了
I met your boy.
我见过你的人了
I'm sure you heard by now.
我觉得有必要告诉你一声
What? Mr. Lewis
怎么了, 路易斯先生
That little kid you sent round with the bankroll to test me out.
你派来资助我的小子,他怂恿我跟他单干
I don't know what you're talking about.
不懂你的意思
That's how it's gonna be, huh?
就知道你会这么说
Y'all have a good time.
祝两位玩得愉快
Where the hell are our dates already?
我们的姑娘在哪呢
Garcon, more giggle juice.
服务员,再来杯酒
Right away, sir.
马上,先生
And what were you boys gabbing about?
你们在聊什么呢
Business, what else?
聊生意呗,还能聊什么
What else is there?
还有什么可聊的
Politics. His two favorite topics.
政治, 他最喜欢聊这两个话题
His only two. That's not true.
唯一的两个话题, 不对吧
I'll talk baseball anytime.
我偶尔也聊聊棒球
Baseball fan, eh? I once owned a catcher's mitt
棒球迷是吧,我曾拿到过
signed by Hardy Richardson my prize possession.
哈迪·理查德森亲笔签名的手套,那是我的奖品
Come on, y'all. Get up off of your seats.
大家都来呀,都站起来呀
Harry, let's dance.
哈利,去跳舞吧
I'm beat, doll. Let's sit a while.
我累死了,宝贝,坐着吧
You can sit later.
待会儿再坐
You can even lie down if you want.
待会儿躺着都可以
Well, I'll certainly take you up on that offer.
好吧,这个建议,我接受
Quite a couple.
真是一对
A bit of a mismatch, you ask me.
要我说,他们不配
She seems to like him.
她看上去挺喜欢他的
She seemed to like the last one too.
上一个她看上去也挺喜欢的
So you played baseball as a boy.
你小时候打过棒球
Do you still have your mitt?
你的棒球手套还在吗
What?
什么
Oh, uh, no. It was stolen.
没了,被偷了
That's too bad. What happened?
那太糟了,怎么一回事
Nothing. I don't know.
没什么,记不清了
A bunch of kids robbed it, beat me up.
一群臭小子抢走了,还打了我一顿
My goodness. Were you hurt?
老天,没打伤你吧
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想提这件事
Is it ready yet?
药泡好了吗
Commodore, you barely ate nothin'.
准将,您几乎没吃东西啊
My stomach's on fire.
我胃疼得难受
Jerry.
杰里
Come here, god damn it.
过来吃
That ain't no proper food for a dog.
这些东西不适合狗吃
Oh, Louanne, what the hell are you doing out there?
露安,你在那儿磨蹭什么呀
Just a minute now.
马上就好
Been near three months, Commodore,
您胃疼都快三个月了,准将
and Dr. Surran said that maybe
苏林医生说可能您
Hey, I told you no doctors, damn it.
我告诉过你,不要医生
Maybe you got worms.
可能您肚子里有虫
Worms my ass.
虫个屁
I'm dying.
我要归西了
Now now, hush up with that.
可不准您这么说
Nucky Thompson come by?
努基·汤普森来过
No, sir, but he sent Mr. Boyd on by with your envelope.
没有,先生,但他派博伊德先生来送了封信
He's getting too big for his britches.
狂妄自大的家伙
Mr. Boyd, sir?
您说博伊德吗
Thompson, god damn it
汤普森,该死的东西
Sends one of his fatassed minions.
派个脑满肠肥的奴才糊弄我
I put the son of a bitch where he is,
我帮那王八羔子成就了一番事业
and they put me in jail.
为此还进了监狱
I left the envelope on your desk, Commodore.
我把信封放您桌上了,准将
Oh, man.
我的天
Jesus Christ, that's awful.
要命,真他妈难喝
You just lay down now.
您快躺好休息吧
And I'll make my porridge paste
我去煮麦片粥
with the tea leaves and rub it on your belly.
和着茶叶抹在您肚子上
"In these days of indigestion it is oftentimes a question "
关于消化不良的问题
as of what to eat and what to leave alone.
关键在于什么该吃什么不该吃
Every microbe and bacillus
各种细菌病毒
has a different way to kill us
把我们的健康吞噬
and in time will claim us for their own.
最终结束我们的生命
There are germs of every kind
各种各样的细菌
in every food that you will find
潜伏在各种各样的食物中
in the market or upon the bill of fare.
他们见缝插针,无孔不入
Drinking water's just as risky
喝不干净的水
as the socalled deadly whiskey
也就是我们所说的致命威士忌
and it's often a mistake to breathe the air."
即使是呼吸空气,也变得有所顾忌"
Bravo.
真棒
Hooray!
万岁
More coffee?
再来点咖啡吗
No, thank you.
不用了,谢谢
Can I be excused? You may.
我可以离开吗, 可以
Me too, please. Off you go.
我也想, 去吧
I've been feeling regretful
我很后悔之前
about something I said.
说的一些话
I'm afraid I took some bad advice.
我恐怕是听进了一些糟糕的建议
Oh?

In your house your father's house
在你父亲家里
you began to tell me of your troubles
你和我说了你的烦恼
and I was quite selfish.
我当时太自私了
It's all right.
没关系
It's not.
有关系
I want you to confide in me,
我希望你信任我
to feel safe in doing so.
对我放心
We're obviously intimate
我们在很多事情上
in many ways,
已经很亲密了
but I'd like you to feel
但我希望你可以
that you can talk to me.
对我畅所欲言
The baseball mitt
我的棒球手套
some kids stole it, so my father marched me down
被别的孩子偷了,所以我父亲逼我找他们
and made me challenge them to a fight.
要求我向他们宣战
There were four of them, years older than me.
他们有四个人,都比我大
I got beaten unconscious
我被打得不省人事
and was in the hospital for 11 days.
在医院里住了十一天
That's horrible.
这太可怕了
Life can be that way.
生活总有酸甜苦辣
Hello.
你好
Who's on the telephone?
电话那头是谁
A friend of Mr. Thompson's. Of course.
汤普森先生的朋友, 当然
Be quiet. Come get me and we'll drive over.
别说话, 过来接我,我们开车过去
And give Fleming a call. I'm sure he'd like to see it.
给弗莱明打个电话,他肯定想看看
My father's house it's all done.
我父亲的房子,都弄好了
Would you care to have a look?
你想一起去看看吗
Oh, I'd love to,
我很想去
but I need to put Emily down for her nap.
但我得陪艾米莉去睡个小觉
Can I come? Mr. Thompson's busy, dear.
我能去吗, 汤普森先生很忙
Uncle Nucky.
叫我努基叔叔
Get your coat, kiddo.
去穿外套,小子
Remember me?
记得我吗
Keep your hands on the table.
手放桌上别乱动
The whorePearl
那个妓女,珍珠
I was just doing Sheridan's bidding.
我只是按谢立丹命令行事
Relax, I'm not gonna kill you.
你放心,我不会杀你的
Did you serve, Liam,
你参过军吗,利亚姆
in the war?
参加过战争吗
I had rheumatic fever.
那时我得了风湿热
Three years.
战争持续了三年
France mostly.
主要在法国境内
It's almost impossible to describe the horror.
战争的惨烈难以形容
It's a living
简直就是
waking nightmare.
人世间的修罗场
There was a soldier a German.
当时有个德国士兵
Him and his men tried to attack our position
带领他的部队袭击
in the Argonne Forest.
我们在阿尔贡森林的驻地
It was nighttime.
我记得是午夜时分
And while he was trying to climb through some barbed wire,
他试图爬过铁丝网的时候
I shot him twice
我朝他开了两枪
Once in the stomach, once in the neck.
一枪正中腹部,一枪在颈部
He slumped over the barbed wire.
他立刻从铁丝网上跌下来
And no matter what he did to try and wriggle free,
他想尽办法逃脱
it just got worse for him.
但情况只是越来越糟
I left him there like that for days,
我就那样把他留在那里几天
listening to him moaning, crying,
任凭他呻吟,哭喊
"Mutti, mutti, mutti!"
"穆提,穆提,穆提"
That's German for "Mama, mama!"
他说的是德语的"妈妈,妈妈"
That's what he kept saying.
他就一直这样叫喊着
The curious thing is that despite the fact
有意思的是
that his situation was utterly hopeless,
不管处境有多绝望
he didn't want to die.
他都不想死
I offered to kill him several times,
我几次提出想帮他了断
but he just kept fighting,
但他一直坚持着
like some miracle would befall him
好似相信某种奇迹会降临于他
and get him out of his predicament.
能够帮他逃出困境
We hold on so desperately to life.
我们不顾一切的求生
Some people feel,
很多人觉得
certainly in that soldier's situation,
当然是在那个士兵的境遇下
that being alive is...
苟延残喘
is much much worse.
肯定更糟
I'm gonna go now. I don't want to ever see you again.
现在我要走了,我不想再见到你
You won't.
你不会再见到我了
May I offer you a glass of water, sir?
需要给您倒杯水吗,先生
You're very welcome.
您太客气了
Oh, ladies, how are you doing?
女士们,你们好
Oh, jeez.
天呐
Pretty amazing, huh, pop?
真棒,是吗,爸爸
Can you believe it's the same place?
难以置信这还是那个地方
What's he doing here?
你带他来这儿干什么
I wanted him to see it all fixed up.
我想让他看看这里焕然一新的样子
Well, he's seen it. Now get out.
看也看完了,现在你们走吧
You may think you're king,
也许你觉得自己已经是一方霸主了
but you're not worth a goddamn.
但其实你狗屁不值
Yeah, get me out of here.
走吧,我不在这儿碍眼了
Go wait in the car.
去车里等我

分享到
重点单词
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • parsimoniousadj. 太节省的,小气的
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得
  • identicaladj. 相同的,同一的
  • internaladj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的