波士顿法律第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集 解雇圣诞老人
日期:2017-01-25 11:15

(单词翻译:单击)

This is a staff meeting, Mr. Shore.
这是工作会议,肖尔先生
I realize that.
我知道
Why are you in a Santa suit? It's after Thanksgiving.
为什么穿得像圣诞老人?感恩节过完了
Surely you're not suggesting I still dress as a pilgrim.
你也不想我穿得,还像个朝圣者吧
And who is this?
那么这位是?
She's my elf.
她是我的精灵
Sometimes, especially after Santa's been drinking,
有时候,特别圣诞老人喝了酒后
he needs a little helper.
他通常会需要一个帮手
Have you been drinking today?
你今天喝酒了没?
No. Today, I just brought her for amusement.
没有,今天带她来,我只是觉得好玩
My doctors are concerned these staff meetings
我的医生们都担心,这个工作会议
could cause me to lapse into a coma.
会让我崩溃昏迷
I see.
我明白了
Well, since privileged information is exchanged during these staff meetings,
由于会中信息享受保密特权
your helper will have to leave.
你的助手必须离场
Would you wait in my office, dear?
在办公室等我好吗,亲爱的?
Sure.
当然可以
Actually, there is that walk-in.
实际上,有个没预约的家伙
He's waiting in reception. Maybe Alan should take that.
正在接待处等着,也许艾伦可以去看看
Perhaps you're right.
说得对
A wrongful termination, a guy was fired as a department store Santa.
不合理解雇,那人曾经是商场的圣诞老人
I mean, since you seem to have such
既然你看起来
a connection with the subject matter. I'll do it.
和这主题这么一致,我来
I've always wanted a Santa case.
我一直很想接一个,圣诞老人的案子
Oh, this is much more right for Alan.
噢,艾伦会更适合
I said I'll do it.
我说了我来
Where is he?
他在哪?
Uh, in reception.
呃,在接待处
Gil Furnald?
Gil Furnald?
That's me.
是我
No, it isn't. Yes, it is.
不,不是你,是的,是我
No, it isn't.
不,不是
Ho ho ho. Deal with it.
你最好习惯
Alan Tara
艾伦,塔拉
What's with the woman?
那个女人是怎么回事?
What woman?
哪个女人?
What woman? The one you brought to the staff meeting.
哪个?你带到会议上的那个
She's my elf, Tara. I thoughtI was quite clear on that.
她是我的小精灵,塔拉,我想我解释得很明白了
Yes, very amusing. Why is she here?
是,很有趣,她为什么会在这里?
Well, it seems I've put on a few pounds since last year.
是这样,从去年到现在,我好像又胖了几磅
So she brought me my new suit.
所以她把我的新圣诞套装送了过来
I do some work with the salvation army.
我为救世军做过一些事情,
We work as a team, actually.
实际上,我们相当有默契
Is there a problem?
有问题?
Not at all. But...
完全没有,可是...
not that I've been doing background checks,
我没想查你的背景
but I have a friend who evidently knows an oldfriend of yours, and...
但我有个朋友正好认识,你的一个老朋友,而且...
And?
什么?
You once cohabited with a little person.
你曾经跟一个侏儒同居过
Two lovely years.
甜蜜的两年
I lived with her for three.
我和她住在一起有三年了
Do you have a thing...
你是不是对女侏儒...
for little women?
特别有感觉?
I have a thing for women.
我是对女人有感觉
You've never fallen for someone shorter than you?
你就没有约会过比自己矮的人?
Well, I believe I'm involved with one now.
这个,我想我现在就是
Either you're mistaken, or I'm jealous.
是你搞错了,还是我在嫉妒
It's just very difficult to reconcile being drawn to a person I consider...
要和平相处真的很难,和这么个
well, repugnant.
令人讨厌的人
What, you think you're the first good girl to fall for a bad boy?
所以你觉得,一朵鲜花插在牛粪上了?
Is my problem annoying you?
是不是我的问题让你反感?
No. I'm sorry. I...
没有,对不起,我...
I just meant to convey
我只是想说
it's very common for women to be attracted to men they don't admire.
这很正常,女性会被自己看不上的男性吸引
What could be at play here,
可能因为
there are qualities in yourself you don't like,
你不喜欢自己的某些特质
or qualities about Alan Shore you wish you had. That isn't it.
或希望有艾伦·肖尔的一些特质,不是这样的
I like myself just fine.
我觉自己挺好
I saw that.
别以为我没看见
Uh...
呃...
Look, this is not a great day for me.
听着,今天我完全不在状态
Perhaps we should reschedule?
再约个时间怎样?
Okay.
好吧
Is everything okay?
一切都还好吧?
Yeah.
是的
Could I speak to you as a lawyer?
能作为律师和我谈谈吗?
Uh, sure.
啊,当然可以
But you're gonna have to face the little clock towards me.
但是我要计时收费的
This is all privileged, right? lawyer, client?
有保密特权对吗?律师和委托人,
Of course.
当然啦
Look, I, I have a patient who's been with me for almost four years now.
那好吧,我,我这有个,治疗了四年的病人
And he, um,
而且他,嗯
he habitually speaks of fantasies,
他总是说些自己的幻想
things he plans to do.
计划想去做的事
They're typically idle ruminations,
都是些毫无根据的胡思乱想
I suppose, to make him feel better.
我觉得,他只是想过过瘾
Lately, he's been talking about murdering his ex-wife.
最近,他一直在说,想要谋杀自己的前妻
And at first, I thought, harmless chatter again.
开始,我认为又是说说而已
But there seems to be such a resolve.
但是这次,他看起来很坚决
Lori, I can't be sure that it isn't real this time. Lori
我也不能确定真假了
This man may very well be planning to kill his ex-wife,
这个男人很有可能,在策划谋杀自己的前妻
and I'm just not sure what to do.
我却不知道该怎么办
I just like wearing women's clothes sometimes.
我只是偶尔喜欢穿女人的衣服
It's not a sexual turn-on.
不是我的性取向有问题
Well, it just feels right sometimes.
呃,只是有时觉得想这样
So, basically, you're a sicko.
那么,基本上说,你的精神有问题
I'm not sick.
我没病
Lighte, my man.
放松点,哥们
So, what, you got caught in a skirt, and that was it?
那么,还有什么事,就是因为你穿裙子被发现了?
My employer found out, and, yes, I got fired.
我的老板发现了这事,而且,是的,我因此被开除了
They asked me a lot of questions,
他们盘问了我很多问题
like whether I'm gay.
比如我是不是同性恋之类的
Are you?
你是不是呢?
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
其实这并没有什么错
Yes. But that does not make me an unfit Santa.
对,但这并不影响,我装扮成圣诞老人啊
Criminal record? No.
你有犯罪记录?没有
No, no, no, no, no.
没有,没有,一点也没有
And there's never been any incident.
我从来没出过错
I have been a good Santa for eight years.
八年来我一直是个称职的圣诞老人
A great Santa.
一个很棒的圣诞老人
I can show you the letters.
我可以给你看那些感谢信
There are kids and families who have specifically come back for me.
还有些孩子和他们的家人,特地是为我而来的
And I thought, this is wrong.
所以我想,这不公平
I should not lose my job because of how I like to dress.
我不该失去工作,只因为我的穿着
Does he know you taped him?
他知道你录像了吗?
No, I'm just full of ethical violations.
不,我只是完全违背了职业道德
It's important that I do it with my hands.
我一定要亲手去做
I don't know why. You could probably tell me why.
我不知道为什么,也许你能告诉我
But, see, the thing is,
但是,你看,问题是
I don't want to shoot her
我不想用枪杀了她
or, uh, poison her
或者,啊,毒死她
or hit her with a car.
或是用车撞死她
No. It needs to be by strangulation.
都不行,一定要勒死她
Do you have any guess as to why?
知道为什么吗?
Well, for one,
第一
I actually want to feel the life going out of her,
我想实实在在地感受,她生命的流逝
I mean, with my hands.
我想用我的双手
I want to feel her body go limp.
去感觉她身体慢慢无力
Also, I want her to experience it.
同样,我要她也感受到
I want her to know that she's dying,
我要让她知道自己正走向死亡
and I want to see her eyes as I do it.
我要一直看着她的眼睛
And how do you know that this isn't just talk?
你又怎么知道,这次不只是说说而已?
I keep telling you, I don't know.
我一直就在说,我不知道
I mean, he's often fantasized.
我是说,他经常在幻想
Last year, he spoke of blowing up his boss.
去年,他就说要炸死他的老板
But his demeanor here, as I said,
但这次他的举止,正像我说的
there's a certain resolve that really concerns me.
他的这种坚决让我很担心
Have you shown this to any other therapists or...
你把这个给其他医生看过,还是...
No, no, no, I am the only one who can make that call.
没有,没有,没有,我是,唯一做判断的人
And your call is it's possible he's going to do it.
而你的判断是,他很可能会那么做
Do I tell the ex-wife?
我应该告诉那个前妻吗?
Well, I'm sure you know the law on this as well as I do.
我知道你对相关法律也很清楚
I mean, you have a duty to warn the victim
我是说,你有责任去警告受害者
if you're reasonably certain she's in physical danger.
如果你有理由确信她处于危险中
But falling short of being certain...
但如果是不能确信...
You honor doctor-patient privilege.
你必须维护医生对病人的保密特权
This just seems crazy to me.
这要把我逼疯了
I mean, which side is better to err on?
究竟怎么选才好?
A trial today?
今天就审理?
Well, it's not exactly a trial.
呃,准确说并不是审理
It's an evidentiary hearing.
只是听证而已
But I'd need to testify?
但我还是要作证?
It's the only way you can get a restraining order.
这是你拿到,法庭禁令的唯一办法
We'll lose the dress, by the way.
顺便说一声,我们要脱了裙子
Coat and tie.
西装领带
Alan, excellent!
艾伦,太好了!
Alan, Gil Furnald...
艾伦,这是Gil Furnald...
Alan Shore.
这位是艾伦·肖尔
Turns out that my Santa claus is a sort of cross-dressing sicko.
我发现我的圣诞老人,是个男扮女装的神经病
He's more you.
比你疯得还厉害
He is absolutely more me, Denny,
他当然比我厉害,丹尼
but unfortunately, my schedule...
但是很可惜,我的日程安排...
Alan. I have trouble with this sort of subject matter.
艾伦,我对这类事有阴影
You're homophobic. It's not that.
你害怕同性恋者,不是这样
What is it then?
那是什么原因?
It's my father.
我父亲
Sometimes he wore dresses.
有时候他会穿上裙子
He called it a kilt and sang all those scottish songs, but we knew.
他说那是苏格兰短裙,还唱苏格兰歌曲,但我们都清楚
Please. The hearing's at 2:00.
拜托了,聆讯就在,2:00
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
Sally
萨莉
could I trouble you to do a quick background check?
能很快的帮我做个背景调查吗?
I realize we haven't spoken much since we stopped having sex,
我发现我们不做爱后,就很少交谈了
And, frankly, I'm dismayed by that.
而且,老实说,我感到十分沮丧
But what I need to know is everything you can find out about my new client.
但我要知道,这个新委托人的一切信息
Here's his name, address, and social security...
这里有他的姓名,地址和社会保险...
Is it true you're taking over the Santa case?
你真的接了那件圣诞老人的案子?
Yes, I am, Bradley.
是的,我接了,布兰德利
Is it of interest to you?
你也有兴趣吗?
No, but it could be...
没有,但是可以这样...
if we say, bet on it?
比如说,我们打个赌?
Another wager.
又一场赌局
Why not?
为什么不呢?
And would you already have stakes in mine?
这次想从我这要什么了?
I keep thinking about your elf.
我一直在想你的精灵
How about if you win, I become your elf for the day,
要是你赢了,我就做一天你的精灵
but if you lose, you become mine?
如果你输了,你就当我的如何?
Complete with the costume, of course.
当然,要连精灵服也穿上
And bells. Can't leave out the bells.
还要挂上铃铛,当然不能忘记铃铛
Alan, hey, can I steal you for a second?
艾伦,嘿,能和你单独谈一会儿吗?
A second?
一会儿?
A minute I could maybe do, but a second would be pushing it.
时间长点还行,一会儿的话可就急了点
Would you like me to push it?
你想我开始推进了吗?
You are so disgusting lyvulgar.
你下流无耻的可以
It's important.
真的很重要
This is Dr. Konigsberg.
这位是Konigsberg医生
Alan Shore Hello
艾伦·肖尔,你好
Oh, Alan Shore.
喔,艾伦·肖尔
Uh, Dr. Konigsberg has a patient
呃,Konigsberg医生有一个病人
who talks about killing his ex-wife and could be serious about it.
一直在说要谋杀他的前妻,而且可能是认真的
"Could" is the operative word.
"可能"是关键词
I can't be sure.
我不能确定
Obviously, there are some exposure problems.
显然问题明摆着
I mean, if the guy does do it,
我是说,如果他真这么做了
and it was learned that Dr. Konigsberg knew of the risks beforehand...
而Konigsberg医生又被发现,早就预知了...
The first thing I'd check is his malpractice policy.
我会先查他的行医失误记录
You don't want to do anything to void coverage.
你也不想无用功
I've done that already.
我已经做过了
What's your specialty?
你的专长是什么?
Couples counseling.
婚姻咨询
I first saw the client and his wife together.
第一次我见到的是夫妻俩
Since their divorce, I've been working with him alone.
自从他们离婚后,他就一直单独在我这治疗
So they came to you to improve their relationship,
他们来找你,帮忙促进夫妻感情
and now one wants to kill the other.
现在一个却要杀了另一个
Not your best work, was it, doctor?
你干得不出色,是吗,医生?
And you're seeing Dr. Konigsberg for what?
那你找Konigsberg医生,又为了什么?
Uh, just to deal with...
啊,只是来...
as a lawyer, he hired me.
作为律师,他雇了我
He's a very mischievous man.
他真是个活宝
Look, can we stick to the case, folks?
嘿,我们谈回案子好吗,伙计们?
Since the proposed victim was or is a patient,
如果可能的受害人,曾经是你的病人
you've got real duty problems.
那你就真有责任了
If the threat is real and you don't tell her...
如果威胁是真的,而你没有告诉她...
but I can't be sure it's real, which means my duty is to the patient.
可我不确定,所以我只能对我的病人负责
Can you have another therapist meet with him,
让别的医生见见他
perhaps, get an objective opinion?
多些客观的看法?
I've tried. No therapist will go near it for fear of potential liability.
我试过了,没有医生愿意承担这种风险
Well, if it were me, I'd meet with him myself,
那么,如果是我的话,我就会装成你的同事
pretending to be one of your colleagues.
跟他见上一面
That's hardly an option.
基本上不可能
Why? You need objectivity...
为什么?你需要客观的...
you can't go there pretending to be a doctor.
你不能假扮成医生到那去
Of course I can't because I'm in trial, but you can do it.
我当然不能,我还有个审讯,但你可以
Oh, sure, and get disbarred?
噢,当然,然后被剥夺律师资格对吧?
I'd likely lose my license.
我的执照也会保不住
Oh, well, silly me.
喔,呃,瞧我这傻样
I was thinking about the ex-wife.
我还在替那个前妻考虑
If it's merely a bar card and a medical license you're looking to preserve,
如果你们只是想保住,律师资格和医生执照
you first opine to Lori
你就让Lori先入为主的相信
that you're not at all convinced the man
你不能肯定这个男人
intends to follow through on his threats,
会去实施他的计划
then you draft an opinion letter to the doctor
而你就给医生写封建议书
telling him he need not disclose.
告诉他别把这事捅出去了
Your respective asses will be covered,
这样你俩的屁股,就不会挨板子了
and everybody's happy,
然后皆大欢喜
assuming you like your asses covered.
如果你不喜欢屁股被打
Personally, I love the feel of a stiff breeze against my rosy cheeks.
我就很喜欢有个硬硬的东西,冲着我可爱的屁股来两下
In any event, pardon my misunderstanding.
也许是我想错了
I thought it was potentially human life at stake.
我觉得,这就是拿人命在打赌
Sylvia
西尔维亚
What do you want now?
你这次想要什么?
Why do you always think I want something?
为什么你总认为,我是来要东西的?
Why couldn't it be that I just want to see the smiling face
不会是我希望看到
of the prettiest girl in the clerk's office?
秘书办公室里,最漂亮女孩的笑脸呢?
What do you want, Brad?
你想要什么,Brad?
I need a small favor, tiny.
我需要你帮个小忙,很小的
But, first, please can I see that smile?
可是,首先,可以为我笑一个吗?
God... if I were 10 years younger...
上帝...如果我再年轻10岁...
Or 10 years older. What's the favor?
或者再老10岁,要我帮什么忙?
There's a motion scheduled for this afternoon.
下午有个法庭动议程序
Furnald vs. Gordon's department store.
Furnald对戈登百货公司
A lawyer named Alan Shore is seeking injunctive relief, unlawful discharge.
一个叫艾伦·肖尔的律师,想申请禁止令,非法解雇
I need this case to fall on judge Hingham's docket.
我想让这个案子,在Hingham法官的备忘录上
Judge Hingham? Why would you want him?
Hingham法官?为什么是他?
Because he's just right for this one.
因为他是最适合
Exactly what kind of case is this?
到底是什么案子?
A homosexual?
一个同性恋?
That's where we're at now?
这就是我们在讨论的?
Santa clauses being played by homosexuals.
圣诞老人竟然由同性恋来装扮
I believe "homosexual" is one word, judge.
我觉得"同性恋"是一种叫法,法官
But to avoid confusion, let's say "gay."
但是为了避免混淆,我们还是说"男同性恋"吧
Let's say "transvestite."
或是说"异装癖"
because that was the stated reason...
因为有确凿的证据...
Well, if dress code is the issue, my client promises to comply with...
如果是服装的问题,我的客户已经答应遵守...
A homosexual transvestite...
一个同性恋异装癖...
you want me to allow children to sit in his lap?
你想让我同意,让孩子们坐在他的腿上?
Exactly. Oh, boy.
正是如此,噢,天啊
Gordon's department store certainly supports
戈登百货公司完全尊重
Mr. Furnald's right to choose who or what...
Furnald先生选择谁或什么...
That's a lie. You fired him as soon as he told you he was gay.
说谎,他承认是男同性恋,你们就立即解雇了他
No, we fired him for cross-dressing, which is considered a fetish.
不,我们解雇他,因为他迷恋异性装扮
He's played Santa for eight years without incident.
他做圣诞老人的八年中,从来没出过错
In fact, he's received glowing praise from both parents and employers.
实际上,他还得到了来自,父母和雇主的大量好评
Would you sit in his lap?
你会愿意坐到他腿上吗?
Sure. Why not?
当然,为什么不愿意?
And he hasn't gone homo erectus on me if that was your fear.
他没有对我勃起,如果这就是你所担心的
You're making entendres.
你在故意曲解
Disgusting, sick innuendo entendres.
恶心,卑鄙,下流的曲解
I'm not going to put an innocent child
我不会让天真的孩子
in the lap of an unnatural Santa claus who dresses in female attire.
坐在这个喜欢穿女装的,变态的,圣诞老人膝盖上
There is a sanctity to the tradition of Christmas.
我们对圣诞节是充满虔诚的
It is perhaps the most sanctimonious holiday there is.
或者说最适合假装虔诚的节日
Then clearly you should be its poster boy.
那你绝对是圣诞节的使者
Motion for T.R.O. denied.
本庭否决对临时禁止令的申请
I'd at least like an evidentiary hearing, so that I may present... Denied!
我至少要求一次听证,这样我...否决!
Denied, denied, denied.
否决,否决,否决
Why did you do that?
你刚才为什么要这么做?
You antagonized him.
你把他给惹恼火了
Actually, he antagonized me.
实际上,是他把我惹火了
This job means something to me, Mr. Shore.
这份工作对我很重要,肖尔先生
Your honor.
法官阁下
I have made my ruling.
我已经作出裁决了
Yes, based on what you think my client is
对,但这是建立在,你的主观看法之上
or what the defense has presented him to be.
或是辩方的描述之上
I ask you to at least hear from him before you take away his livelihood.
我请求您在夺走他的生活前,听一听他的想法
10 minutes
只要10分钟
as to why he'd make a good Santa. Please.
比如为什么他会是个,好圣诞老人,拜托
I'll give you 10 minutes.
我给你10分钟
Five for direct, five for cross.
5分钟直接发问,5分钟交叉发问
I don't understand why she's here.
为什么她要在这
I explained it, Brian.
我说过了,布莱恩
When a patient makes a credible threat to commit violence,
当病人有可信的暴力犯罪威胁时
my colleague is here to observe because I may need counsel.
我的同事需要在场旁观,因为我可能需要建议
Why?
为什么?
You should've told me this before.
你应该早些告诉我这个
Brian, would you tell Dr. Harper why you want to kill your ex-wife? Brian
你可以告诉哈珀医生,为什么你要杀你的前妻吗?
I have no intention of killing her.
我没想过要杀了她
You don't? Of course not.
你没想过?当然没有
Murder is illegal in Massachusetts.
谋杀在马萨诸塞州属于犯罪
So when you were saying these things to Dr. Konigsberg...
那你对Konigsberg医生说的事...
I never said them.
我没说过
Dr. Konigsberg is mistaken.
Konigsberg医生搞错了
I also have absolutely no intention of paying for two therapists.
我也不想付两个治疗师的工钱
Goodbye.
再见
Clearly he's a little hostile.
很明显他对我们有敌意
Well, he's angry over you being here, and I, I can't say that I blame him.
他因为你在这里而生气,而我,我不能怪他
I don't know if there's enough to go to the police,
我不知道这样的情况,可不可以去报案
but I think you should at least tell his ex-wife.
但我觉得你至少也该,告诉他的前妻
Will you go with me?
你和我一起去吗?
Me? Lori, I'm about to break privilege,
我? 洛里,我将要触犯病人的保密特权
and I could very well be sued for it.
很可能就会被起诉
This is treacherous ground, and I would like my lawyer present.
这种是非之地,我需要有律师在场
So please do this with me.
所以拜托跟我一起去
I'm afraid my words are having little impact.
恐怕我的话起不了作用
Yours will have to.
关键是你的发言
Okay.
没问题
You said this job means something to you,
你说过这份工作对你很重要
and you seemed rather impassioned.
你对此似乎真的充满激情
I am.
确实如此
You have a college education, Mr. Furnald.
你接受过大学教育,Furnald先生
You do well in your computer job.
你也是个不错的电脑工程师
Why is this part-time employment so important?
为什么这份兼职如此重要?
I don't know.
我不知道
Yes, you do.
不,你知道
I suppose,
我想
as a kid, a gay kid,
一个孩子,一个同性恋的男孩
who liked to wear dresses...
而且还很喜欢穿裙子...
that club is very small, by the way.
这样的圈子很小
Most cross-dressers are heterosexual.
大多数异装癖都不是同性恋
Anyway, um, as a kid who...
所以,嗯,这样的一个孩子...
felt like he didn't belong anywhere,
发现自己没有任何归属
I would throw myself into all the make-believe that goes with Christmas.
我让自己全身心地投入到,圣诞节的角色扮演中
As safe retreats go,
没有安全感的时候
I suppose it helped me survive.
它支持着我继续生活
And it still does.
一直到今天
Should I say that tomorrow?
明天我要这样说吗?
Say all of it.
一字别漏
Would you tell?
你会说出来吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
I mean, if it's a fantasy...
我是说,如果这仅仅是幻想...
What if it's not?
那如果不是呢?
The benefit of the doubt has to go to privilege.
医患间隐私是首先被考虑的
Even when the downside is death?
即使是与死亡在做选择?
I'm not saying that it's an easy call.
我没说这是个容易的选择
He got a hearing.
他争取到了听证会
Sorry?
什么?
Shore, the cross-dressing Santa claus.
肖尔异装癖的圣诞老人
He actually got a hearing.
他居然争取到了听证会
Don't you think you're taking this bet thing a little too far?
不觉得自己把打赌的事情,看得太重了吗?
I'm not making a big deal about this. I'm just making conversation here.
我不觉得是什么大事,只是在找个话题而已
Brad, you don't like Alan, do you? Brad
你不喜欢艾伦,是吗?
I don't give the guy a thought one way or the other.
我对那家伙完全没想法
Can I say something to you as a friend?
我能以朋友的身份说点忠告吗?
You've seemed kind of knotted up ever since he got here.
自从他来后你就全身不自在
It might help you if you just let your feelings out a little.
偶尔发泄下对你或许有帮助
Come on, it's late at night,
来吧,已经很晚了
you're having a beer with a buddy.
你在和一个朋友喝啤酒
Tell me how you feel about Alan Shore.
告诉我你怎么看艾伦·肖尔
I don't like him.
我不喜欢他
You can go deeper than that.
再深入点
What do you feel, Brad?
你有什么感觉,布拉德?
I hate him. He mocks me.
我讨厌他,他嘲弄我
Deeper? He mocks our commander in chief.
然后?他嘲笑我们的主管
Deeper. He's got a putty ass and a flabby body,
继续,他屁股发黄,身材走样
and I can't understand why women would rather sleep with him than me.
不懂女人们为什么,都更愿意和他上床
There, it's out.
就是这样,发泄出来了
And that includes you, by the way.
也包括你在内
First of all, I don't sleep with colleagues.
首先,我不和同事发生关系
You're ducking the issue. I am not.
你在逃避问题,我没有
I have no interest in ducking either one of you.
我也没兴趣逃避你们的任何一个
We've gone deep enough.
我们挖得够深了
I really need to win this bet.
我一定要赢这局
According to employees at Gordon's,
戈登的员工反映
Gil Furnald gets nothing but raves as Santa.
Gil Furnald扮的圣诞老人好评如潮
Oh, come on, would you sit his lap?
哦,得了吧,你真坐上去了?
Why does everybody keep asking me that?
为什么每个人都问我这个?
Tough break drawing judge Hingham.
说动Hingham法官可不容易
Who'd ever imagine that?
不过谁料得到呢?
Brad
布拉德,
did you have something to do with my drawing judge Hingham?
你对我说服Hingham法官有什么想法?
That would be dirty pool.
无非是旁门左道
I actually want to feel the life going out of her.
我要感受她生命的流逝
I mean, with my hands.
我是说用我的双手
I want to feel her body go limp.
去感觉她身体慢慢无力
Also, I want her to experience it.
而且,我要她也感觉到
I want her to know that she's dying.
我要她知道,自己正走向死亡
And I don't want it to be instant.
而且我不要她死得太快
I want her to actually have the thought,
我希望她意识清醒
"My god, he's killing me."
"上帝啊,他正在杀死我"
And I wanna see her eyes as I do it.
一切发生时,我要看着她的眼睛
What's happened to him?
他这是怎么了?
Let me reiterate.
让我重申一次
He's talked like this before without ever going through with it, obviously.
他说过类似的话,但没有付诸实施过
Many people fantasize...
显然,很多人会幻想...
For him to even speak this way, this is not Brian.
这说话的样子,也根本不是布莱恩
He is docile person.
他一向都很温和
I realize that.
我也注意到了
This might also simply be talk,
但可能只是说说而已
safe talk that allows him to feel strong.
完全无害的话,只是为了让自己感到力量
Sometimes the weaker the person's constitution...
当觉得自己软弱时...
Is he going to kill me?
他准备杀了我吗?
Mary, I'm here because I don't know.
玛丽,我来因为我无法确定
I really don't think so,
我不认为他会
but you are the one person that knows him better than I do.
但你才是比我更了解他的人
I've never heard him talk like this, ever.
我没见过他这样说话,从来没有
Did you tell the police?
你们报警了吗?
It's tricky, Mrs. Stevens.
这很棘手,Stevens夫人
This is doctor-patient privileged stuff.
这是医患间的隐私
We shouldn't even be telling you this.
我们本不应该告诉你的
He plans to kill me, for god's sake.
他计划杀了我,上帝啊
Which is why we are telling you,
所以我们才来告诉你
on the possibility that these threats.. I'm calling the police.
这些威胁可能...我要报警
I'm not sure that they could do anything at this point.
我不认为警察对此有计可施
I mean, they certainly can't arrest him
我是说,他们不能逮捕他
for things he told a therapist in confidence.
只凭在私人心理治疗时说的话
What I would suggest,
我的建议是
let Dr. Konigsberg continue to monitor the situation.
让Konigsberg医生继续关注
He's seeing your ex-husband every day.
他每天都会和你前夫见面
If things progress further, we will call the police.
如果情况恶化,我们就报警
In the meantime, maybe you could stay with a friend...
同时,也许你能到朋友那住阵子...
I have animals, I can't...
我养了宠物,我不能...
Or get a friend to stay with you.
那就找个朋友过来陪你
I've been sitting in that chair as Santa for eight years,
我坐在那儿扮圣诞老人八年了
and I have been an exemplary Santa.
而且我扮的圣诞老人堪称典范
People will tell you,
会有人告诉你
even if they don't shop at Gordon's,
即使他们不在戈登购物
they come to see me.
他们也会专程过来看我
For how many of those eight years have you been dressing as a woman?
这八年中你穿女人衣服有多久了?
All of them.
所有这八年
And in all this time,
那么在这八年里
had your cross-dressing ever been an issue at work?
你的异装癖有没有影响到工作?
No, I was always in the Santa costume.
没有,我一直都穿着圣诞老人的衣服
People never even knew.
人们不会知道
It was always my intention to keep my worlds separate.
我小心的让这两个世界没有交集
So, it's been my secret.
所以,这一直都是我的秘密
But your secret got out.
但你的秘密泄露了
Last week I had a boy in my lap, 8 years old.
上周我让一个小男孩坐在膝盖上,8岁
I asked him what he wanted for Christmas.
我问他圣诞节想要什么礼物
He said, "Santa, please make me normal."
他说,"圣诞老人,请把我变正常"
He was starting to cry as he said it.
他开始边哭边说
He said, "make me normal." Yes, he said, um,
他说,"让我变正常"是的,他说,嗯
he said he was sick.
他说他病了
He said that he liked to wear girls' clothes,
他说他喜欢穿女孩的衣服
and he was sure he'd go to hell.
还坚信自己会下地狱
And I said,
然后我就说
"son, you're not alone.
"孩子,你不是唯一的"
And you're not sick."
"而且你也没病"
And I told him about me.
然后我说了自己的秘密
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,先生
So, while on the job,
这么说,你在工作的时候
you told an 8-year-old boy that Santa is a cross-dresser?
告诉一个8岁大的孩子,圣诞老人是个异装癖?
Yes.
是的
Did the judge rule?
法官宣判了吗?
No, miraculously, I persuaded him to let me give a final statement,
没有,幸好,我得到了最终陈述的机会
though I have no idea what to say.
虽然我还不知道要说什么
The fact that he told a child he's a cross-dresser...
他居然承认自己告诉了孩子,他是个异装癖...
I never should have put him on the stand.
我不该就那样让他出庭
I've got to somehow make this a gay issue.
我得想办法把这案子,打成同性恋歧视才行
Personally, I think you'll look very sexy in the elf outfit.
个人而言,你穿精灵服一定很性感
I have no doubt, yet I don't wanna lose.
这是当然,但我不想输
I've grown attached to this Santa.
我有点喜欢上这圣诞老人了
Brad seems pretty happy.
布拉德看起来很开心
Does he have reason?
他在高兴什么?
Denny, you said if I ever had another hail mary emergency,
丹尼,你说过如果,我又遇到mary那样的案子
you'd make the call. Really.
你会再打电话的,是吗
Are you sure?
你确定?
I need you to make the call.
我需要你打电话了
And what's this about? It's extremely delicate.
是关于什么的?这非常的微妙
Though privilege typically extends to the whole firm,
尽管律师与委托人间的秘密特权,可被延伸到整间公司
I have assured him that this would go no further than you and me.
但我向他保证过,这件事只会你知我知
Okay.
没问题
Meet Brian Stevens. Brian, this is the attorney I...
这是布莱恩·史蒂文斯,布莱恩,这位律师就是我...
What's going on?
怎么回事?
This is your client? You're an attorney?
这就是你的客户?你是个律师?
Um, yes.
嗯,是的
You said you were a doctor!
你说过你是医生!
What the hell is going on?
这该死的是怎么回事?
Uh, Paul, we have a conflict.
呃,Paul,我们有利益冲突
I represent the therapist who was treating Mr. Stevens.
我是史蒂文斯先生,心理咨询师的代理律师
She's the one who went to my ex-wife.
她就是那个去我前妻家里的人
She's the one who told Mary I planned on killing her.
她就是那个告诉玛丽说,我要杀了她的人
She pretended to be a doctor!
她假冒成是医生!
He can see you for about five minutes.
他可以见你5分钟
After that, his day is completely... Five minutes is more than enough.
然后他一整天就...5分钟足够了
You can go in.
你可以进去了
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you so much for agreeing to see me.
很感谢您能见我
My name is Alan Shore, and I...
我的名字是Alan Shore,我...
Go.

My name is Alan Shore. Perhaps you'll remember...
我的名字是Alan Shore,也许您还记得...
Everyone has a name, son.
每个人都有名字,孩子
I'm not interested in yours.
我对你的名字没兴趣
You have five minutes because you know him.
你能有5分钟时间,是因为你认识他
Bill Clinton?
比尔·克林顿?
Ah, well, you'll remember at the behest of Mr. Crane,
啊,那您一定还记得,您曾应克兰先生的请求
you made an appearance in one of my cases
在我的案子里露过一面
involving an African American little orphan Annie,
有关非裔美国小孤儿安妮的
and you were extremely effective.
您的演讲让人印象深刻
"Give us a black spider-man,
"给予我们一个黑皮肤的蜘蛛侠吧"
give us a black superman who can leap tall buildings"
"给我们一个跨越高楼的黑皮肤超人吧"
all the big icons.
句句掷地有声
Now I have another case,
现在我手上又有个案子
featuring a gay man who's being discriminating against.
关于一个男同性恋,遭受了不公平待遇
And this one involves the biggest icon of them all, Santa claus.
还涉及了一个最大的偶像,圣诞老人
My problem is the judge.
现在问题就在于法官
His tiny brain has been calcified by intolerance.
他那小小的脑子已经,被偏狭的观念所僵化
However, he's certainly a slave to public opinion, as judges tend to be.
当然他是在随大流,法官都会这样
But I can't really move the public.
可是我改变不了公众的想法
You can.
但你却可以
Do you understand what I'm asking?
你知道我想请求什么吗?
You want me to be your rabbit.
你想让我变成你的兔子
I want you to be reverend Al Sharpton in all his massive glory.
我想请您以无比的光芒,笼罩着Al Sharpton
I want you to charge in there,
我想请您在那振臂高呼
say "Give us a gay Santa claus,"
"给我们一个同性恋的圣诞老人"
and button it with three god almighties. Stop.
最后以三声"全能的主啊"来结束,停
I don't do things big. I'm subtle.
我不做影响太大的事情,我很低调的
Yes. Three god almighties.
当然,三声全能的主啊
Look, I've written it all out for you.
看,我已经都替您写好了
Give that a look-see.
请您过目
I've seen you move mountains, reverend.
我见识过您的威力,牧师
I need you to move this one tiny-brain judge.
我真的需要您来改变,那个顽固法官的观念
Please.
拜托了
Pretty please.
真的拜托了
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰
You got Sharpton? I don't know.
你请来了莎普顿? 我不知道
He said he'd think about it.
他说他会考虑
Does he just do this kind of thing now, for lawyers?
他是不是开始专门替律师干这事了?
He does it for Denny. Let's hope he does it for me.
他是看丹尼的面子,我们还是祈祷他会同意吧
All set?
准备好了?
You don't want me to miss the ruling, do you?
你不希望我错过宣判,对吧?
Got the costume.
连服装都准备好了
My god,
我的上帝
to impersonate a doctor.
竟然假扮成一个医生
I thought a human life was at stake, and I didn't know...
我认为一条生命危在旦夕,而且我也不知道...
It doesn't matter, Lori.
这不是关键,洛里
You're suddenly gonna start playing Solomon
你突然间变成了所罗门,
and break rules, sacred rules,
还开始违法规定,神圣不可侵犯的规定
whenever you see fit?
只要你觉得应该?
I could be disbarred for this.
我都可能会被剥夺律师资格
You? Why?
你?为什么?
For not turning you in.
因为没有揭发你
I'm sorry, Paul, I just...
我很抱歉,保罗,我只是...
I'm sorry.
对不起
I think it's this Alan Shore character.
我认为这是艾伦·肖尔的作风
Ever since he got here... This has nothing to do with Alan Shore.
自从他来这里以后...这件事与艾伦·肖尔毫无关系
I'm not influenced by him.
我不会受他的影响
You used to be influenced by me.
你曾经就受过我的影响
Tell me what you want me to do.
告诉我你要我怎么做
I'll resign if...
我可以辞职,如果...
just tell me what you want.
告诉我你要怎样
First, I want you to apologize to Mr. Stevens.
首先,我要你向史蒂文斯先生道歉
I did that. Well, you need to do it again,
我做过了,那你就再做一次
and hope to god he doesn't sue us.
而且希望看在上帝的份上,他不会起诉我们
How long have you known this man, Paul?
你认识这个人多久了,保罗?
Years, only through work.
几年,只是工作上的联系
But he doesn't strike me as being capable of violence,
但他从没让我感觉有暴力倾向
if that's what you're asking.
如果这就是你想问的
I'll get him back in here.
我会把他请到这里来
And on the chance that he could be violent,
以防万一他准备使用暴力
when you apologize,
当你道歉的时候
I will be in the room.
我会在场
And for the sake of humoring me,
还有看在我的面子上
let's stay completely away from Alan Shore.
我们不要让艾伦·肖尔参与进来
What's all the media doing here?
这些媒体来干嘛?
I have no idea.
我不知道
All rise.
全体起立
Uh-oh Uh-oh. What?
怎么?
We're 10 minutes early.
早了10分钟
Please be seated.
请就座
Mr. Phillips, have you got anything to say before I listen to him?
菲利普斯先生,在他开始前,你还有什么要说的?
Mr. Furnald was fired
Mr.Furnald被解雇
mainly because my clients feared he'd share his secret proclivity with a child,
主要因为我委托人担心,他与孩子分享自己的癖好
which, by his own testimony,
而且,根据他自己的证词
is exactly what he did.
他也确实这么做了
I object to that summation. It was entirely too short.
我反对这样的结案陈词,实在太短了
What? I'm only worried for you, your honor.
什么?这是为您考虑,法官阁下
If you're inclined to rule against us,
如果您准备宣判我们败诉
he's got to at least give you a good argument to hang your hat on.
他起码该替你提供个好说词,让你有话可说
So, it looks good to all this media.
媒体看来才会合情合理
Did you notice the media here?
注意到媒体在场了吗?
Are you on drugs?
你嗑药了?
You've got 30 seconds.
给你30秒
That's what I was afraid of.
我怕的就是这个
Your honor, the child in question,
法官阁下,关于那个孩子
who my client shared his secret with, that child was in pain.
我委托人与之分享秘密的那个,那孩子活在痛苦之中
Being a good Santa claus,
作为一个圣诞老人
Gil Furnald sought to relieve that pain.
Gil Furnald觉得有责任,解除这种痛苦
By telling him he was a homosexual?
就通过告诉他,自己也是个同性恋吗?
Those three little words again.
又提到这三个字了
He did not tell the boy he was gay.
他没有告诉男孩他是个同性恋
He only said that he also liked to dress in female attire.
他只是说自己,也喜欢穿女人的衣服
Why does he keep looking back here?
为什么他总是往后看?
I have no idea.
我不知道
He encouraged the boy not to feel that he was sick.
他还鼓励那孩子,不要认为自己有病
He urged him not to feel alone.
告诉他不要觉得孤单
It was a one-time occurrence
这是仅有的机会
strictly intended to speak to the heart of this one child.
可以深入到这个孩子的内心世界
There is no evidence that this man has committed any wrongdoing,
没有证据能表明,这个男人做错了什么
nor is there any compelling evidence
也没有任何确凿的证据
that cross-dressers are inherently lascivious,
能证明异装癖者就天生淫荡
and the defendant knows that.
辩方也很清楚这一点
Cross-dressing is but a pretext
异装癖只是个被辩方
that the defendant has hung its hat on
紧咬不放的一个借口
to disguise the fact that Gil Furnald was terminated because he is gay.
来掩饰Gil Furnald因为同性恋,被解雇的的事情
Last time I checked, it was not a firing offense for
我查过以往的记录,从来没有一个解雇纠纷
a civilian to be either ho, mo, or sexual.
是因为同,性或恋的
All right, already, I've heard enough.
好了,可以了,我已经听够了
I'm going to rule on this. You can't rule yet. -
我要宣判了,你还不能宣判
Why not?
为什么不能?
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, what if, say, some big celebrity were to come charging through the door?
呃,要是说,有位大名人会走进来呢?
Sorry I'm late, judge, I'll make this quick.
抱歉我来晚了,法官,我会说得很快
and subtle.
而且精妙绝伦
Who the hell are you?
你又是谁?
The image of Santa claus has been crafted
圣诞老人的形象已经树立了
for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years.
几百个年头
We're supposed to be in a different day.
我们已经在一个不同的时代了
Give the world a black Santa claus.
给世界一个黑人圣诞老人
Let the people have an African American
让一个非裔美国人
come down the chimney bearing joy and good will.
从烟囱里下来,带给人们欢乐和祝愿
Gay, not black.
同性恋,不是黑人
The prejudice against gay people must stop.
对同性恋的偏见应该马上停止
We all say we're for gay rights,
我们都说自己维护同性恋的权力
we all say we accept homosexuality.
我们都说我们接受同性恋
But give a gay man a hug,
那么就给同性恋者一个拥抱
sit in his lap... Who is this man?
坐到他的膝盖上去...这个人是谁?
Let the bells of tolerance ring out this Christmas.
让宽容之钟在这个圣诞节中敲响
Let people open their minds as they open their presents underneath the tree.
让人们放开自己的胸怀,就像在圣诞树下打开礼物
We need your mind, judge, today.
我们需要你的胸怀,法官,就在今天
Let the gay man be my brother,
让同性恋者成为我的兄弟
be your brother,
成为你的手足
be the school teacher,
成为学校的老师
be the construction worker.
成为建筑工人
Give the world a gay Santa claus,
给世界一个同性恋的圣诞老人
god almighty, god almighty, god almighty.
全能的主啊,全能的主啊,全能的主啊
Leave out the cookies and the milk this Christmas eve
在这个平安夜里,把饼干和牛奶
for a holly jolly homosexual, god almighty.
留给一个圣洁的欢乐的同性恋吧,全能的主啊
And cut

I threw in one extra.
额外送你一次
Thank you.
谢谢
One of the reasons why I've been such an even-tempered business man
我之所以能做个冷静的商人
is because I've been able to find an outlet,
就是因为有地方可以发泄
a safe confidential outlet with my therapist.
对着我的治疗师,毫无顾虑的发泄
But you must admit, threatening to kill your ex-wife like this, it is...
但是你必须承认,像这样威胁杀掉前妻,实在是...
Ms. Colson, I've been in therapy since I was 16.
科尔森小姐,我16岁起就做心理咨询了
I spent most of those sessions planning on how to kill my father.
我绝大多数的计划,都是如何去杀了我爸爸
They're rants.
这都是气话而已
They help me get the anger out.
这样可以让我发泄愤怒
This is gonna ruin me.
这会毁了我的
Mary acts on hysteria.
玛丽会歇斯底里
She's gonna panic, and this is going to get out.
她会恐慌,然后爆发出来
Let us talk to Mary.
让我们去和Mary谈
Perhaps we can settle her down.
也许我们能让她平静下来
I'll lose my job if this goes public.
如果被公诸于众,我会失去工作
Let us try to unring this bell a little.
让我们来把事情平息下来
Okay.
好吧
We need to fix this.
我们得解决这事
How?
怎么解决?
We go to the wife, and we explain that you overreacted.
我们去找那个妻子,然后告诉她你反应过度了
She saw the tape for herself, Paul. It's not gonna...
她也看了录象,保罗,这不会...
we further explain that people say things
那我们就再解释说
to their therapists that sometimes...
人们对治疗师说的话往往...
We did that.
我们说过了
Well, we'll do it again.
那么,我们就再试一次
Weston Where does she live?
韦斯顿,她住在哪里?
We'll leave here at 5:00.
我们5点从这里出发
I don't wanna talk about it.
我不想解释
You won?
你赢了
Judge Hingham, horror that he is,
Hingham法官,就算再不情愿
bowed to public sentiment and reinstated Gil as Santa.
也得向公众低头,并且让Gil继续做圣诞老人
And, if you don't mind,
那么,要是你不介意的话
I would like to get back to work as soon as I can.
我想尽快回去继续工作了
Could I steal you for just a minute in private?
能和你私下说几句吗?
Sure.
当然可以
Listen, um,
听我说,嗯
thank you,
谢谢你
not just for getting my job back, but,
不只为帮我找回工作,还有
well, it's not often that you meet a lawyer
呃,很少能遇到一个
with a soft spot for cross-dressers.
对异装癖如此宽容的律师
Well, now you have, Mr. Furnald.
那么,你面前就是,Mr. Furnald
It wasn't that so much.
也没这么严重啦
It's just from everything I've heard, you are a magnificent Santa claus.
只是所有我听到的,都让我觉得你是很棒的圣诞老人
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're quite welcome.
你太客气了
I guess you should take the lead with her since you know her.
我想还是你先开口,既然你认识她
I also know her lawyer.
我也认识她的律师
All I can say is I hope she hasn't contacted him yet.
我现在只希望她还没有联系他
Because if he should get a hold of this...
因为一旦他抓住这个...
What the...
这是...
Dear god, no.
上帝啊,不
What happened?
出什么事了?
Homicide. The ex-husband just showed up, and...
凶杀,前夫突然出现,然后...
Where is he? He's represented.
他在哪里?他有律师在场
I don't think a lawyer's gonna help him, counsel.
我不觉得律师能帮上忙了,先生
I want to speak with him.
我要跟他谈谈
I don't think that's gonna happen, either.
我认为这也不可能
He's over there.
他就在那边
What, what happened?
这,这怎么回事?
He showed up. She says he came here to kill her,
他突然出现,她说他是来杀她的
said she fired in self-defense.
说她是开枪自卫
Mary...
玛丽...
Am I gonna need a lawyer?
我会需要一个律师吗?
What happened?
发生了什么?
He showed up,
他突然出现
said we needed to talk.
说我们需要谈谈
I didn't trust it, you know, after what I saw on that tape.
我不相信,你知道的,在我看了录象以后
I got the gun out of the drawer,
我把枪从抽屉里拿出来
told him to leave.
叫他马上离开
He said he just wanted to talk.
他说他只是想谈谈
I told him, "get out."
我对他说,"滚出去"
And then he started walking toward me.
然后他开始向我走来
And you shot him.
所以你就开枪了
He was gonna kill me, right?
他是来杀我的,对吗?
You told me.
你告诉我的
He was gonna strangle me.
他准备勒死我的
Promise me I had to do it.
告诉我,我应该这么做
Promise me.
告诉我

分享到
重点单词
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • constitutionn. 组织,宪法,体格
  • panicn. 恐慌 adj. 惊慌的 vt. 使 ... 惊慌
  • annoyingadj. 恼人的,讨厌的
  • gloryn. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂 vi. 为 ... 而骄傲
  • reliefn. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比 adj
  • objectiveadj. 客观的,目标的 n. 目标,目的; 物镜 n.
  • impersonatev. 模仿,扮演,假冒
  • voidadj. 空的,无效的,空虚的 n. 真空,空虚,空白
  • occurrencen. 发生,事件,发现