波士顿法律第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第10集 捉奸谋杀案
日期:2017-02-06 14:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Bells will be ringing.
“铃声将会响起”
The sad, sad news
“令人难过的消息”
Oh, what a Christmas
“哦,充满着布鲁斯旋律的...”
to have the blues
“圣诞节”
My baby's gone
“我的孩子离开了”
I have no friends
“我没有朋友”
to wish me greetings
“来祝贺我”
once again
“一年一度”
Choirs will be singing
“唱诗班即将开始歌唱”
Silent night
“寂静的夜晚”
Christmas carols
“圣诞颂歌伴随着”
Ooh by candlelight
“烛光点亮”
Please come home for Christmas
“请回家来欢渡圣诞”
So do I get my kiss or not?
你到底要不要吻我?
Tara, the way mistletoe works is
塔拉,槲寄生是表示站在它下面的
the one standing under it is the one to receive.
才是被吻的那位
Well, I prefer to meet in the middle.
好吧,我更喜欢在中间见面
Well, I do enjoy your middle tremendously,
我的确还蛮享受你的“中间”
but a kiss really is more traditional.
但是一个吻应该更加传统
Oh, and the anticipation is pure.
哦,动机也应该单纯点
Sally. Hi.
萨莉,嗨
The last thing I want to do is come between all that collagen,
我最不愿意做的事情就是打断人家的好事
but, Alan, we have a little problem,
但是,艾伦,我们出了点小问题
and like it or not, you're probably the best man to fix it.
不管喜不喜欢,你可能是解决问题的最佳人选
This is Carmen Flores. She works in housekeeping here.
这位是卡门·弗洛里斯,她在这里帮忙打扫
Her ex-husband kidnapped her two children.
她前夫绑架了她的两个小孩
This is the third Christmas he's done so.
这是第三次他在圣诞节时做这种事了
He brings them to Peru,
他把孩子们带到了秘鲁
when it's Carmen who has legal custody of them for the holidays.
而卡门才拥有孩子们假日的合法监护权
Can't you just go to the judge?
你不能去找法官吗?
She did that last year,
她去年做过了
and it cost her a fortune. The judge held him in contempt for a day.
而且也花她不少钱,法官以藐视,法庭罪拘留了他一天
He said it's worth it to spend Christmas with his kids in Peru.
他说能和孩子们一起在秘鲁过圣诞,值了
His flight leaves tomorrow night.
他的航班明晚起飞
I thought maybe you could think of something.
我想你可能会有点子
Didn't you used to be a lawyer, Sally? Sally
你以前不是律师吗?
Oh, I apologize. There go my lips again.
哦,我道歉,我又说漏嘴了
Must be all that collagen.
一定是那些好事的结果
Ladies. Perhaps you two should kiss in the name of Christmas.
女士们,看在圣诞的份上你们应该,互吻对方
Sorry, Sally.
抱歉,萨莉
Incredible dress, by the way.
顺便一提,真漂亮的裙子
I hate you.
我真嫉妒你
Ah, Alan.
啊,艾伦
Mistletoe.
槲寄生
Whatever.
不管了
She came home that evening at 9:30,
那天晚上她9点半回到家
catching an early flight to surprise her husband.
搭早班飞机来给她丈夫一个惊喜
But it was the defendant who was surprised.
但是得到“惊喜”却是被告本人
Susan May discovered her husband Ralph
苏珊·梅发现她的丈夫拉尔夫
making love to a business associate, Marie Holcomb,
正和一个生意伙伴玛丽·霍尔科姆做爱
and it was more than she could bear.
她一瞬间崩溃了
The evidence will show that the defendant
证据表明
retrieved a handgun from the kitchen,
被告从厨房里拿了一把手枪
returned to the bedroom, and fired six shots,
回到卧室,连开六枪
three into her husband, three into Marie Holcomb.
三枪击中她丈夫,三枪击中玛丽·霍尔科姆
This is the holiday season.
现在是节日时间
You people should be home with your families right now.
你们应该陪在家人身边
I apologize for that.
对此我深感抱歉
Marie Holcomb's mother and father fly here every December from the west coast.
玛丽·霍尔科姆的父母每年12月从西海岸飞过来
This time, it's to attend the trial of their daughter's killer.
这次,他们只能参加杀女凶手的审判
Susan May destroyed a lot of happy plans with that gun.
因为那把枪,苏珊·梅破坏了太多圣诞节的快乐
Get in Christmas.
把重点放到圣诞节
Sorry?
什么?
Christmas is ours and Susan's. Don't let him claim it.
圣诞节是我们,也是苏珊的,别让他一个人抢了
I, too, would like to apologize
我,也想道歉
for taking you away from your families during this holiday season.
在节日里让你们远离家人
That's Susan's family seated over there.
苏珊一家坐在那里
They would dearly love to be home with her.
他们本该在家里相亲相爱地陪着她
She would dearly love to be home with them.
她也本该在家里相亲相爱地陪着他们
Imagine, if you can,
如果可以,请想象一下
as you prepare for your Christmas, having a loved one murdered.
当你在准备圣诞节时,一个你深爱的人被谋杀了
Add to that the horror that the police can't figure out who did it,
加上因警察无法找出凶手的恐惧
and then, if you can possibly fathom,
紧接着,如果你能猜到
imagine they decide to arrest you.
再想像,他们决定来逮捕你
That's your defendant, ladies and gentlemen,
那就是被告的处境,女士们先生们
a law-abiding, loving, faithful advertising executive,
一位守法,温柔,诚实的广告部经理
an innocent woman whose whole life was just suddenly and wrongly destroyed.
一位生活突遭横祸,被错误指控的无辜女士
That's your defendant,
那就是你们的被告
and that's what the evidence will show.
这也是证据将会表明的
I, I report police twice,
我,我报过两次警
and they say domestic.
他们说这是家务事
He returned the children both times after Christmas.
两次圣诞节过后他都把孩子送回来了
Yes.
是的
This why police say it is for court to decide.
所以警察说让法庭判决
No one involved.
没人愿意插手
Ah, Denny. This is Carmen Flores.
啊,丹尼,这位是卡门·弗洛雷斯
She works here in housekeeping.
她在这里帮佣
Excellent. Why do I care?
很好,关我什么事?
Perhaps you don't.
也许不关你的事
First off, let me say how incredible you were last night.
首先,我要说,你昨晚的表现实在太惊人了
The whole office is still...
整个办公室仍然...
stunned.
目瞪口呆
Thank you.
谢谢
Now, on a topic far removed from you and therefore much less entertaining,
现在,转入一个和你不太相关而且,没那么娱乐性
though of some import to Carmen,
但对卡门来说很重要的话题
her children have been snatched by her ex-husband.
她的孩子被她前夫强行带走
Who do you know at the Boston police department?
你认识什么波士顿警局的人吗?
I know everybody.
我认识,所有人
You hear that, Carmen? The man knows everybody.
你听到了,卡门,这位认识所有人
Her story didn't check out. It's as simple as that.
她的说法不合理,就这么简单
That story she gave you was...
她告诉你的说法是...
She came home, found them dead in bed.
她回到家,发现他们死在床上
Was there evidence of anyone other than the victims or the defendant
有任何证据表明那晚除了被害人和被告...
being in the house that night?
还有其他人在那房子里吗?
None.
没有
And, detective, describe for the jury if you can
探员先生,可以的话请向陪审团详细描述
the defendant's demeanor when you arrived at the scene that night.
那晚当你抵达现场时被告的举动
She seemed pretty shook up.
她看上去很震惊
There was blood all over her.
全身都是血
She claimed she got the blood on her
她说是在她到丈夫身边
when she went to her husband side to see if she could revive him.
查看他是否还有救时沾上的
And you don't believe that.
而你并不相信这一点
I'm sorry.
抱歉
It seems the detective is more than willing to give testimony against my client.
看起来探员先生已经不只是给我当事人,做不利证言了
You don't really need to lead him.
你不需要再误导他
Sustained.
反对有效
Did you believe the defendant's claim?
你相信被告的说法吗?
No. It was determined that she was standing approximately 5 feet away
不,证据显示当她开枪的时候
when she fired the gun.
大约站在5英尺之外
I'm sorry. I hate to be a nuisance,
很抱歉,我不想讨人厌
but did I miss the point where you said she fired the gun?
但我是不是漏听了你宣称被告开了枪?
Sustained.
反对有效
Detective, what, if anything,
探员先生,有什么东西
led you to believe that the defendant fired the gun?
让你相信是被告开的枪吗?
We dida trace metal test which revealed she held the gun,
我们做过金属痕迹追踪显示她曾拿过枪
and her fingerprints were on the gun.
而且枪上也有她的指纹
Anything else?
还有别的吗?
We know her driver dropped her off at 9:30 P.M.
我们知道司机大约在晚上9点30分让她下了车
She called the police at 11:07,
11点07分她报了警
and she told us she discovered the bodies
告诉我们说她发现了尸体
soon after she entered the house.
就在她刚进门不久
If so, why did she wait an hour and a half to call the police?
如果真是这样,为什么她要等上一个半小时才报警
As I said, her story just didn't add up.
就像我说的,她的故事根本说不通
Seems from your tone, detective, you consider this kind of a no-brainer.
照你所说,探员先生,这故事很没有头脑
We applied all our mental faculties just the same
我们绞尽脑汁,结论还是一样
and concluded your client committed the crime.
结论就是,你的当事人就是凶手
Well, you concluded pretty quickly, I might add.
你们的结论也下得太快了点
You placed her under arrest the next day.
第二天就将她拘捕
By the way, was the spatter analysis done in a day?
顺便一问,血液飞溅测试也是同一天进行的?
No. That came in later.
不,那是之后了
I see. So when you placed Susan May under arrest, you were going on...
了解,那么当你逮捕苏珊·梅的时候,依据是...
Her fingerprints were on the gun, for starters.
最开始是因为枪上有她的指纹
It was her gun, was it not?
枪是她的,不是吗?
The fingerprints were fresh.
枪上的指纹很新
Got there, perhaps, when she picked the gun up after?
也许是她之后拿枪时留下的?
We also had motive, her evasive demeanor.
我们知道她的动机,还有她掩盖事实的举动
She called the police, did she not?
她报了警,不是吗?
Yes, but she wasn't truthful.
是的,但是她撒谎了
Wasn't truthful when she said she didn't shoot them?
撒谎说她没有开枪?
Then she obviously wasn't truthful
还有一发现尸体,马上报警
about calling the police immediately after finding the bodies.
这点她也明显没有说实话
You had her examined by a psychiatrist that night?
你那晚让她接受精神科医生的检查了?
Yes.
是的
The psychiatrist said she was in shock.
精神科医生说她受了惊吓
Yes.
是的
Possible the shock of discovering her murdered husband
有否可能,发现丈夫尸体的惊吓
caused the delay in calling the police?
使她没能及时报警?
I doubt that's what happened.
我表示怀疑
This doubt is based on your psychiatric training.
这种怀疑是基于你精神科的受训课程?
It's based on 30 years of experience as a homicide detective.
是基于30年凶杀案探员的经验
30 years as a homicide detective told you
30年凶杀案探员的经验告诉你
that the delay in calling the police could not have been caused by shock.
没及时报警不可能是惊吓造成的
Let's turn back to the blood spatter evidence.
那么我们回到血液飞溅实验证据
This is the blouse my client was wearing that evening, is it not?
这是案发时我当事人所穿的衬衫吗?
Yes.
是的
That's a lot of blood. That's all spattering?
好多血,全是溅开的?
Most of that blood came from handling the bodies.
大部分是因为接触尸体
So where's the spatter you spoke of, detective?
那么你说的“飞溅”在哪呢,探员先生?
There are two elongated markings on the left shoulder.
左肩有两处变长的血迹
Right here, these tiny marks here.
这里,这些微小的血迹
Yes.
是的
She supposedly fired six shots. There's only two tiny marks?
连开六枪,只有2处小小的血迹?
The other marks were likely covered up with the blood from
其它的痕迹也许是在她抱住丈夫时
when she handled the bodies.
被粘到的血迹覆盖了
Did you analyze these marks yourself, detective?
是你自己做的痕迹分析吗,探员先生?
I did.
是我
Are you the person in the Boston police department who does this?
波士顿警局负责这些的是你吗?
There are others, obviously, but I started in the lab,
当然还有其他人,不过我是实验室出身
so I'm trained as well.
我也受训过
Is there anyone else in the lab who analyzed this shirt?
还有其他实验室人员检测过这件衬衫吗?
Yes, we have a junior member...
是的,还有一个初级检验员...
A junior member?
一个新手?
It's a high-profile case.
这可是重案
It went to a junior member?
让一个新手来操作?
As I said, I analyzed the clothes with my 30 years of experience.
正如我说,从我30年凶杀案探员的经验来检测
30 years in the lab?
30年的实验室经验?
No.

How many years in the lab?
那在实验室的经验有多少年?
Five.
五年
How about the junior member? How many years did he have?
那个新手呢?他又有几年经验?
I'm not sure.
我不确定
More than five?
多于五年?
I believe so.
我想是的
Just out of curiosity, what was his finding?
只是出于好奇,他发现了什么?
Inconclusive.
没什么结论
He could not determine that my client fired a gun?
他不能证实我当事人开枪?
Nor could he rule it out.
他也不能排除这个可能
He could not determine that my client fired a gun.
他不能证实我的当事人开了枪
Correct, but I determined she did.
是,但是我能证实
You trace metaled my client.
你对我当事人做过金属痕迹检测
Did you test for powder residue on her hand?
是为了测试她手上的火药残余吗?
Yes. She tested negative.
是的,结果是否定的
Gee. How could that be?
哇,那怎么可能?
We determined that she likely wore gloves when she fired the gun.
我们推断她可能开枪时带着手套
So she was careful to wear gloves when she shot them,
所以开枪时,她非常小心的戴上手套
then afterwards, she took the gloves off and handled the gun.
然后她脱下手套,再伸手拿枪
If she went into shock as you say,
如果她像你说的惊吓过度
she probably made a mistake.
那她也许犯了个错误
Murderers often do.
杀人犯常常这样
So for the purpose of explaining the delay in calling the police,
所以关于延误报警的解释
you don't buy shock.
你不认为是惊吓所致
But to explain why she picked up the murder weapon bare-handed
但在解释她戴着手套开枪之后
after firing with gloves, you do buy shock.
再用空手拿枪,你又认为是惊吓所致
In fact, you seem to be selling it.
事实上,你更像在推销这个解释
Objection.
反对
Withdrawn.
我收回
Did you find the gloves?
你找到手套了吗?
No.
没有
Did you search the entire house? I'm asking. I don't want to presume.
你彻底搜查过整幢房子了吗?我可不想擅自揣测
We searched the house. We did not find the gloves.
搜查过,没有找到手套
Any evidence of her leaving the house after she came home that night?
有证据表明她当晚回到家后又离开了?
No.
没有
Any unsolved burglaries in this neighborhood in the last year?
去年这社区有过未结的入室盗窃案吗?
A couple.
有一些
That went well, right?
进行地不错,对吧?
Yeah, it went extremely well.
是的,很不错
The problem, Susan, as we've explained...
问题是,苏珊,正如我们解释过的...
the burden of proof is really on us.
举证责任是在我们
I still don't understand that, as much as you keep saying it.
尽管你不停在说,可我还是不太明白
When you have the scorned wife being the only one there,
受惊的妻子是唯一在场人物
her fresh fingerprints on the gun...
很新的指纹留在枪上...
Trust me, we'll argue burglar, but with no sign of a break-in.
相信我,我们会强调入室抢劫,但是现场没有强行进入的痕迹
so my chances are the same.
就是说我还是没希望?
No. We did very well with the witness today.
不,我们今天和证人交流得很好
Our chances just got a little bit better.
机会能多出一些
But if we just...
但如果我们只是...
we stick to the plan.
我们紧按计划行事
We'd like you to meet with Dr. Waylon one more time.
我们希望你再跟韦伦医生谈一次
Why?
做什么?
In case we need to call him.
有可能会让他作证
We want to be ready.
我们要提前准备
I'm not really comfortable being treated like some patient.
被当成病人检查真的不是很舒服
Susan, you put your life in our hands, did you not? Susan
你把生命交给了我们,对吗?
You need to let us do what we do.
让我们做该做的事
Can I ask you something?
能问一下吗?
I'm not sure why I want to ask this now, but...
我不确定为什么想这样问,但是...
Do you believe me?
你们相信我吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
I certainly want to believe you, but when I look at the evidence...
我当然想相信你,但是看到那些证据...
I at least appreciate your candor.
至少我很感激你的坦白
The question the jury's going to be asking...
问题是陪审团要问...
if not you, then who?
如果不是你,那是谁?
And we've got no answer for that.
而我们无言以对
The fatal wounds for both victims were to the head.
两个被害人的致命伤都在头部
Death was instantaneous.
当场死亡
And, doctor, were you able to determine the time of death?
医生,你能给出死亡时间吗?
Between 9:30 and 9:45 P.M.
晚上9点30到9点45之间
Doctor, did you examine the stomach contents of the victims?
医生,你检查过被害人的胃容物吗?
Yes.
是的
What did you find?
你发现了什么?
They were both relatively full.
胃里几乎是满的
After eating, how long does food stay in the stomach
进食后,直到胃清空缩小
before emptying into the small intestine?
食物在胃里能呆多久?
Generally, one to two hours.
一般来说,1到2小时
So if the victims finished dining by 7:30 as reported,
所以如果被害人如报告所说在7点30吃完晚饭
those stomachs should have been empty,
那时他们的胃应该已经空了
unless they were killed before 9:30, correct?
除非他们在9点30前就已经被害,对吗?
Or unless they ate again after leaving the restaurant.
或者,他们在离开餐馆后又吃了东西
Were there any signs, to your knowledge, that they had eaten at home?
有什么迹象让你觉得,他们在家吃过?
Dirty dishes, recent garbage?
没洗的盘子,新倒的垃圾?
To my knowledge, there was no evidence of that.
以我的判断,没有这些证据
Thank you.
谢谢
But they could have stopped on their way home from the restaurant,
但是他们可以在从餐馆回家的路上停留
had dessert or something.
吃些点心什么的
Well, not a medical question,
哦,不是医学问题
but yes. Possible.
不过,有可能
You may step down, sir.
你可以退席了,先生
Mr. Shubert?
舒伯特先生?
The prosecution rests, your honor.
检方请求休庭,法官大人
Ms. Colson.
科尔森小姐
Let's let them see some serious thinking going on.
让他们觉得我们在认真的考虑
What's your take on free agency?
你对自由球员怎么看法?
It's killing baseball.
棒球毒瘤
Hockey?
曲棍球呢?
No salary cap, no hockey.
没有薪金帽,曲棍球也完蛋
Soccer.
足球
Nobody cares.
谁在乎
Your honor, the defense calls Susan May.
法官大人,辩方希望传唤苏珊·梅
It's just that we regard it more as a domestic custody dispute.
我们认为这只是家庭纠纷
Her recourse would be with probate.
她的请求要经过法院认可
Well, there's where we're wrong, Denny.
啊,我们就错在这了,Denny
I thought if you were to physically and unlawfully grab somebody
我还以为非法强行
and haul them off to a foreign country, it would be a crime.
把某人带到外国,那就是犯罪
Well, I'll be damned.
啊,真想不到
So we're wrong, then.
那我们错了
By the way, does one need to be related to the victim to escape charges?
顺便问下,只要跟受害人有关系就可以免罪吗?
There's this junior mint I've had my eye on.
有个小美妞我看上好久了
I thought I might borrow her for a long weekend, perhaps the Bahamas.
也许我能借一个她周末,到巴哈马群岛耍耍
As we understand it, the father always brings the kids back.
据我们了解,那个父亲总会把孩子送回来
That's what I'd do. Be a joy ride.
我也会,快乐旅行嘛
We're wasting time here.
我们在浪费时间
You two look like good men. Department's full of good men.
你们俩看上去像好人,局里全是好人
That's why Denny Crane and this firm invest so much money in your annual ball.
所以丹尼·克兰和这间公司会在,你们的年度舞会上投那么多钱
So you'll arrest the husband, because A, Denny Crane wants you to, and B...
你们会逮捕那个丈夫,因为第一,丹尼·克兰要你们这么做,第二...
I play poker with some reporters,
我跟一些记者玩牌
one in particular who'd be curious as to why ethnic child-snatchings don't get your attention,
他们会很好奇,为什么少数民族儿童被绑架,你们会置若罔闻
and C...
第三...
the children were kidnapped, and D...
孩子们被绑架,第四...
You're officially on notice.
已经正式通知你们了
You're good when you get testy.
当你愤怒时你表现得不错
Came easy today.
今天很容易
My balls hurt.
我蛋疼
Let's have that be the one and only time you tell me that.
最后一次谈论这个话题
I was hurrying home,
我急着回家
because, well,
因为
I had been away for about a week,
我离家快一周了
and I was excited to see him.
想到能见到他我就很兴奋
And when you got home?
当你到家时?
I pulled into the garage, went into the kitchen,
我在车库下车,进了厨房
called out his name.
喊他的名字
His car was there, so I was sure he was home.
他的车在,所以我确定他在家
It was only about 9:30. I couldn't imagine him being in bed.
那时才9点半,他肯定还没上床
But...
但是...
he was.
他在床上
And not alone.
而且不是一个人
No.
不是
What happened, Susan?
然后呢,苏珊?
I started upstairs, I called out his name again.
我上楼去,我又喊了他名字
Still no response.
还是没有回音
Then I went to the bedroom,
然后我来到卧室
looked in.
往里一看
And I saw it.
我看到
Saw what?
看到什么?
At first, just blood.
一开始,只是血
And then I saw one body. And then another.
然后,我看到一具尸体,然后,另一具
What did you do?
你做了什么?
I first screamed. I...
我先是尖叫,我...
I looked at my husband, and...
我看着我丈夫...
his eyes were open, and there was a hole in his temple.
他的眼睛还睁着,太阳穴上有个洞
And I went to him to see if he was still breathing.
然后我跑过去看他还有没有呼吸
Was he?
有吗?
No.
没有
What happened next?
接下来发生了什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
You don't know?
你不知道?
I remember talking to the police at some point.
我只记得和警察的一点对话
I remember I...
我记得我...
them taking Ralph away, but...
他们带着拉尔夫离开,但是...
Do you remember calling the police?
你记得报警吗?
No.

Do you remember touching the gun?
你记得摸过枪吗?
No.

Seeing the gun?
看到过枪?
No.

That's a really convenient memory loss, don't you think?
这种失忆还真是方便啊,你不觉得吗?
You recall not doing it, finding the bodies dead.
你记得没杀人,发现了尸体
But as for your fingerprints on the murder weapon,
但是为什么凶器上留有你的指纹
why you gave the police false information after delaying in calling the police,
为什么你在迟迟不报警后,又给了警察错误的信息
gee, just can't remember.
天,不记得了
Objection.
反对
What a perfect way to tell your story
真是讲故事的完美方法
without really being subject to cross-examination.
也不会再被交叉询问了
Was this amnesia your idea, or was it your attorneys'?
失忆这主意是你的,还是你律师教的?
Objection!
反对!
Sustained.
反对有效
Nothing further.
我说完了
The witness may step down.
证人可以退席
The defense calls Dr. Herbert Waylon.
被告请求传唤赫伯特·韦伦医生
Approach?
可以上前吗?
This witness is not on their list.
他们的名单上没这个证人
He's on the rebuttal list.
他是反驳证人
What's he being called to rebut?
他怎么作为反驳证人?
You just accused my client of faking her memory loss.
你刚控告我当事人假装失忆
Short leash, counsel.
以后规矩点,律师
Step back.
退下
Dr. Herbert Waylon.
赫伯特·韦伦医生
Just get up and down.
你开个头就好
Sorry?
你说什么?
You don't need to ask the $64,000 question.
你不要问得太深入
Because?
因为?
He will, and then he can't object to it.
他会问,到时候他没法再反对
It's basically a form of post-traumatic amnesia.
基本上这是一种外伤性健忘症
She saw her husband murdered,
她看见丈夫被谋杀
and it triggered a blackout.
诱发知觉丧失
She blacked out for an hour.
她失去知觉一个小时
In terms of memory.
根据她的表述
She wasn't unconscious.
她并不是无意识的
She could've been sitting in a catatonic state.
她可能是处于一种太虚神游的状态
She possibly even watched television.
她甚至可以看电视
Well, the prosecution thinks that her memory loss was...
控方认为她的失忆是...
convenient.
很方便的
Well, I personally examined this woman the day after the murders.
我亲自在凶案次日对这位女士,进行了检查
She was suffering from dissociative amnesia then,
当时她正遭受外伤性健忘症的折磨
as I believe she is now.
我相信她现在也一样
Thank you, doctor.
谢谢你,医生
He's your witness.
他是你的证人了
I hope you're right.
希望你是对的
You can't state to a medical certainty that the defendant suffered from post-traumatic amnesia, can you?
说明被告有外伤性健忘症,对吗?
To a medical certainty, no.
确切的医学诊断,不能
And you can't medically rule out
你也无法从医学上排除
the possibility that the defendant pulled the trigger that night, can you, doctor?
当晚被告开枪的可能性,是吗,医生?
Bingo.
就是这个
No, I cannot rule it out.
不,我不能排除
In fact, while I happen to believe her version of the events,
事实上,在我相信她说法时
I make room for a completely different scenario.
我有另一个完全不同的想法
Which is?
是?
Well, it's possible she looked into this bedroom,
很可能,她往卧室里看时
saw her husband making love to another woman,
发现丈夫正和另一个女人做爱
and that threw her into a dissociative state.
让她陷入一种精神分裂的状态
And in that state,
在这种状态下
she shot them.
她开了枪
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You're now saying maybe she killed them?
你现在说可能是她杀了人?
Well, I believe she found them dead as she says.
我相信她说的,她发现了尸体
But it's possible that she saw them making love,
但是也可能,她看到做爱场面
went into a dissociative state,
而导致精神分裂
something we refer to medically as automatism,
医学上我们把这视为机械性行为
and in that state, she may have killed them.
而在这种情况下,她可能杀了他们
Then her brain creates a false memory of something less horrifying to her.
然后大脑产生一段虚假的记忆,让她不至于那么害怕
I have nothing further.
我没别的问题了
Her brain created a false memory?
她的大脑产生虚假记忆?
Yes, sometimes if a person's actions are so repugnant to them,
是的,有时如果人对自己的行为极度厌恶
they can actually create a false version that is more psychologically acceptable.
他们真的能产生一段精神上更容易接受的错误影象
And they believe this as the truth?
然后他们相信那就是事实?
Absolutely.
深信不疑
So it's possible that she committed the murders?
所以很可能她犯了谋杀罪?
No. Murder suggests an intent she would've been incapable of.
不,谋杀是有企图的,而她不是
If she did this, and I'm not saying that she did,
如果真是她开的枪,我并不是说她有开
she would've likely lost all conscious control.
当时她也可能完全神志不清
She would've acted outside herself.
她就会像变了一个人
And as a defense, her brain would've manufactured this other memory
而出于自我保护,她大脑可能会,产生另外一段记忆
that she walked in and found them already dead.
让她认为当她走进卧室时,发现他们已经死了
Your honor, chambers.
控方要求内庭聆讯
They just, they just backdoored insanity.
他们,他们在用精神错乱做退路
That's an affirmative defense. They did not plead it.
这种肯定性辨词他们都没有提出过
We're not arguing.
我们也没这打算
The witness just testified she lost all conscious control.
证人刚做证说她完全失去意识
That witness was simply called to rehabilitate.
她才刚刚恢复
You were the one who impeached my client's truthfulness.
是你怀疑她证词的真实性
You said that she was feigning her memory loss.
是你说她假装失忆
You went beyond my cross.
你干扰了我的问讯
Your honor, this is a ploy.
法官大人,他们在耍花招
They're trying to sneak in alternative defenses.
他们想造成两可辩护
A, she didn't do it, and B, if she did do it, she was insane.
一,她没做,二,即使做了,也是精神失常
Did you coach the witness to get an insanity?
你有教唆被告精神失常吗?
I called the witness to rehabilitate, to support her claim of memory loss.
我让被告找医生,来支持她失忆的说法
Knowing full well he believed the possibility
很清楚地知道他会相信这种可能性
that she committed the murders while in a dissociative state.
在那种分裂状态下,她杀了人
I did not elicit that testimony. He did.
引出这种证词的不是我,是他
Your honor, if we wanted to argue insanity, we simply could've pled it.
法官大人,如果我们要以精神错乱做辨词,我们就会那么做了
Except you don't want to argue it, counsel.
除非你不想争论这一点,律师
You want to argue "not guilty" and have insanity as a fallback.
你想“无罪释放”而且想用“精神错乱”作退路
Two defenses for the price of one.
殊途同归
I'm sure you'll properly instruct against insanity.
我确定你极有可能会反对精神错乱这一点
Yes. And I'm sure the jury will listen.
很对,而且我确定陪审团会听取我的意见
I move for an immediate mistrial.
我要求无效审判
Mr. Shubert, you opened the door on all this with your cross.
舒伯特先生,你的交叉问讯引发了这一切
Which was their plan.
他们设下的圈套
Maybe so, but you did the damage.
也许是,但是你把事情搞砸的
I'll give you time to call your own experts, but the case goes on.
我会给你时间传召专家证人,但是案子继续
Mr. Chase, Ms. Colson,
蔡斯先生,科尔森女士
I keep scorecards of all the lawyers who appear before me.
任何出现在我面前的律师我都有本账
Now you're being desperate.
现在你绝望挣扎了
Too much?
那么明显?
Just a bit.
一点点
I never figured you to place quite such a premium on a kiss.
我从没想到你会那么重视一个吻
A kiss is the promise of what's to come, Tara.
吻是进行下一步的保障,塔拉
A kiss is...
吻是...
the Christmas eve of sex.
平安夜的做爱
I actually favor...
其实我比较喜欢...
the Christmas eve...
平安夜...
of Christmas eve.
单纯地平安夜
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
It's not the part where the lips actually touch.
不是两唇的接触
It's the part just before that...
而是在那之前...
when they're so close...
那种亲近
when you know it's about to happen.
你知道会发生什么
You can almost feel it,
你几乎都能感觉到
taste it.
品尝到
I like that bit to last forever.
我想让那一刻到永远
Don't you just love to make it last...
你不想就这样...
forever?
到永远?
No.
不想
Mr. Shore. I'm sorry.
肖尔先生,我很抱歉
There's a man here.
外面有个男人
He says he's delivering gifts for you and Mr. Crane,
他说是给你和克兰先生送礼物来的
and he says it's urgent.
说是急件
Mr. Crane is out of the office.
克兰先生出去了
Gifts?
礼物?
May I help you?
有什么要帮忙的?
Are you Alan Shore?
你就是艾伦·肖尔?
Not if you're a process server.
除非你是送传票的
Shut up!
闭嘴!
You, shut up!
你,闭嘴!
Somebody shut down the elevators!
把电梯关了!
If I hear them go ding, I'm gonna shoot this man on the head.
要是它再“叮”一下,我就爆了这男的脑袋
Sir, I must tell you, the last time somebody pointed a gun at me,
先生,我必须告诉你,上次有人拿枪指着我
they shot me and it hurt.
他们开了枪而且疼的我
Terribly.
要命啊
You think this is a joke?
你以为我开玩笑?
You got me arrested!
你害我被抓
You got my kids taken away!
害的我孩子被带走
My kids are all I've got!
孩子是我的全部!
Well, it seems you have a gun. Perhaps if you've traded...
你拿着枪,如果能做个交易...
All right.
好吧
This is between you and me.
这是你我之间的事
You have a hostage.
你已经有个人质
Everybody else, pick a door and get behind it now.
其他人,找扇门躲后边
Let's clear the floor.
我们清下场
Kill the elevators.
关掉电梯
Kill the phones!
切断电话!
Everybody, go into an office, close the door.
所有人,进办公室,关上门
Now.
现在
Let's do it as he says.
我们照他说的做
Okay, Mr. Flores, let's talk.
好了,弗洛里斯先生,咱们谈谈
Christmas, it's family.
圣诞节,要全家团圆
I will go to Peru to be with family.
我要回秘鲁和家人团聚
My kid is a part of that.
我的孩子也要去
I understand, sir.
我能理解,先生
Some with uh, you know, try to be left behind with like that in mind?
那,没想过与时俱进,改变下想法?
I'm going to kill you.
我要杀了你
I prefer you wouldn't.
我希望你不要
His name is Julio. We believe his last name is Flores.
他叫胡里奥,姓弗洛里斯
Yes, he's already fired a round, so...
是的,他已经开了一枪,所以...
The gun is clearly loaded.
枪绝对是上膛的
That's right.
就是这样
Yes, you can call me 617-555-0197.
是,你可以打给我,617-555-0197
You're here because of your children.
你来这是为了你孩子
So I'll ask you to think about your children.
所以我想请你考虑一下他们
If you go to prison, they lose their father.
如果你进了监狱,他们就会失去父亲
With an arrest, I'm gonna lose all custody.
如果我被捕,所有监护权都没了
They already lost their father.
他们已经没父亲了
The first forensic specialist to analyze the blood spatter pattern said
第一位法庭专家分析血滴飞溅点时说
they were inconclusive.
无法做出结论
This is a police expert, by the way.
顺便一提,这位警方专家
He said the spatters could not prove that she fired a gun.
他说这些飞溅并不能证明是她开的枪
He's asking you to believe
他希望你们相信
that she wore gloves to commit the crime,
她带着手套实施犯罪
to explain the lack of powder residue on her hands,
所以才检测不出火药残余
and then she took the gloves off to handle the murder weapon.
然后她再脱下手套拿起凶器
It's possible it was a burglar.
也可能是一个盗贼
The prosecution certainly can't eliminate the idea, and, yes,
检控方并不能排除这可能性,好吧
it's possible that Susan May,
也可能就是苏珊·梅
seeing her husband making love with another woman,
看到丈夫正和别的女人胡搞
went into a dissociative state,
陷入精神分裂的状态
acted outside of her conscious control.
做出了完全是无意识的举动
But it doesn't really matter whether she pulled that trigger or not.
但她有没有扣动扳机并不重要
Because she formed no legal, mental intent to do so,
因为那种状态下她不具备法律意义上的意图犯罪
which is an element of the crime.
而这正是定罪的关键
Reasonable doubt as to whether or not she did it...
关于她有否开枪的合理怀疑...
no evidence of intent even if she did.
就算是她开的枪,也没有证据显示她是有意而为
It all leads to the same verdict.
这些都将指向同一个判决
Not guilty.
无罪
It's been almost 30 minutes.
现在快过去30分钟了
You have to know the building is surrounded by now.
你应该知道这幢大楼已经被包围了
The police are probably on every floor.
警察可能遍布每一层楼
I don't care.
我不在乎
My life has ended, anyway.
反正我的人生已经毁了
No evidence of anyone else being there, but the defendant.
没有证据表明现场还有其他人,除了被告
Time of death, 9:45, 15 minutes after she arrived home.
死亡时间9点45,就在她到家的15分钟之后
And as to why the defendant waited a full hour and a half before calling the police,
为什么被告足足等了一个半小时才报警
oh, yes, the dissociative state.
哦,对了,她精神分裂了
That's handy.
还真是容易
However upset you may be, sir,
不管你有多难过,先生
you must realize that what you are doing is insane.
你应该认识到你的行为有多疯狂
I wonder why they didn't plead insanity.
我在想为什么他们不做精神错乱的辩护
Because there was no powder residue on her hands?
因为她手上没有火药残留?
How to explain insanity,
怎么解释精神错乱的人
yet have presence of mind to wear gloves?
还能沉着冷静地带上手套?
That's a tough one.
很难
These are very good lawyers.
他们是很棒的律师
You think you're such a great lawyer.
你觉得自己是个很棒的律师
You feel like a great lawyer now, Mr. Shore? Huh?
现在你还觉得?啊?
I feel like a busy one.
我认为我是个很忙的律师
So if you're gonna shoot me, let's do it.
你打算开枪的话,我们就快点
I have plans.
我还有安排
What happened?
怎么回事?
I don't know. I can't see.
我不知道,看不到
Okay, I see Alan.
好了,我看见艾伦了
He's all right.
他还好
Sir, the phone is going to ring.
先生,电话就要响了
I want you to pick it up,
请你去接
and we want you to talk to us.
我们想跟你谈谈
No!
不!
See all the police outside?
看见外面的警察没?
We must have a jumper.
肯定有人跳楼了
I hope it isn't Paul.
不会是Paul吧
Denny, you don't know what's going on?
丹尼,你不知道发生什么事情?
Why are you women in my office?
你们这些女人在我办公室里干吗?
You really don't realize what's happening?
你真的没有意识到?
I think I do.
明白了
Let's take off our clothes.
咱们脱衣服吧
A man has a gun trained on Alan Shore out there.
外面有个男人正拿枪指着艾伦·肖尔
That's why the police are here.
所以警察才会来这
Out there?
外面?
He's threatening to kill him.
他威胁要杀了他
Why didn't anybody come and get me?
为什么没人来通知我?
All right then.
那好吧
Are you mad?
你疯了?
Mr. Crane, I really don't think that's a good idea.
克兰先生,我真的不认为那是个好主意
It's a fantastic idea.
这是个绝妙的主意
Denny, the police are already here.
丹尼,警察已经到这里了
Yes, I can see they've got everything under control.
嗯,我能看到他们已经控制住了局面
Sir, we just want to have a conversation.
先生,我们只想跟你谈谈
If that phone even rings, I'll shoot! Do you hear me?
那个电话响,我就开枪,听到了吗?
Tara, when I say "open", you open that door.
塔拉,当我说“开门”时,你就把门打开
I certainly will not.
我绝对不会的
I'm an ex-marine.
我以前是陆战队
I was a trained sniper
训练有素的狙击手
or was it a pilot?
还是飞行员?
Mr. Flores!
弗洛里斯先生!
Don't use my name!
别叫我名字!
Put that gun down. You'll get everybody killed.
把枪放下,你会连累大家都被杀
need you to let your hostage go
请释放你的人质
We would negotiate...
我们可以谈判...
That's Alan out there.
外面那是艾伦
I'm mainly a skeet shooter now,
我现在是飞碟射击选手
so when I yell "pull," that'll be your cue to yank open the door.
我喊“拉”的时候,你就把门猛的拉开
You are mad.
你疯了
Don't be ridiculous.
别傻了
Pick up the phone.
拿起听筒
Don't make it ring!
别让它响!
I'm warning you!
我警告你!
I'll shoot, do you hear me?
我会开枪的,听到吗?
Pull!
拉!
Got one down! We got him!
倒下一个!抓到他了!
Weapon!
武器!
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰
Is he, is he gonna live?
他,他会活下来吗?
He took a hit to the shoulder.
只是肩上中了一枪
He'll be fine.
他会没事的
Tom Delay, he's a friend of mine. He advised me to keep a rifle in the office.
汤姆·迪莱,我一个朋友,建议我在办公室里放把来福枪
My question is, did it appear the suspect was about to shoot Mr. Shore
是否在嫌犯有迹象要向肖尔先生开枪时
when you decided to take him out?
你才决定把他干掉?
No, why the hell would I wait for that?
不,我干吗要等到那个时候?
Can I get you some water?
你要喝点水吗?
Please. It's vodka.
好的,这是伏特加
You're still shaking.
你还在发抖
I thought that was it.
我以为就这样了
The way I've lived my life,
这就是我的生活
I've always believed homicide is what God has planned for me.
我一直相信上帝注定让我被人杀掉
It's nice to know you believe in God.
知道你还信上帝真好
Well, it's a law now in this country, isn't it?
法律有规定的,不是吗?
I love you.
我爱你
I don't want to marry you.
我没想嫁给你
I'm not even sure I want to date you.
甚至都不确定是否想和你约会
But I love you.
但是我爱你
And for your information, since you love me, as well,
按你说的,既然你也爱我
this is the point where the boy utters something poetically romantic like,
这时候男生应该要用诗一般的语调,浪漫地说点什么,比如
"me too".
“我也爱你”
Or perhaps something a little less on the nose like, "you smell good".
或者抵着鼻间低吟,“你如花香”
Are you trying to defuse my trauma, because if so...
你是在抚慰我的创伤吗,如果是这样...
No.
不是
I nearly died once, and...
我也曾差点死掉
I remember thinking at the time of those who would grieve.
那时在想有谁会为我悲伤
I wondered whether or not I was loved.
哪个会是我的爱人
You are.
你是
More vodka?
再来点伏特加?
Please.
好的
You smell good.
你如花香
The defendant will please rise.
被告请起立
Madam foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict?
主席女士,陪审团已经有一致裁决了吗?
We have, your honor.
是的,法官大人
What say you?
你们的裁决是?
On the charges of murder in the first degree,
对于被告苏珊·梅一级谋杀的指控
we find the defendant Susan May,
我们认为被告
not guilty.
罪名不成立
On the charges of murder in the second degree,
对于被告苏珊·梅二级谋杀的指控
we find the defendant Susan May,
我们认为被告
not guilty.
罪名不成立
Oh, my God.
哦,上帝啊
The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court.
陪审团请退席,本庭十分感谢
We're adjourned.
现在休庭
Thank you.
谢谢你们
I don't know what to say to you.
我不知道该说什么好
You've given me my life back.
你们让我又重新活了过来
The doctors say you've still got a lot of healing ahead of you, Susan.
医生说你可能还需要不少治疗
Let your family take care of you.
让你的家人照顾你吧
That theory that Dr. Waylon had...
那个理论,韦伦医生说
that my brain is tricking me, making me believe...
说我的大脑在欺骗我,让我相信...
that I found them dead when really...
我发现时他们已经死了...
Does he believe that?
他相信这是真的吗?
He thinks it's possible.
他认为这是可能的
Brain can do that?
大脑能这样吗?
So how do I know?
那我怎么才能知道?
Remember when we went skeet shooting together?
还记得我们一起打飞靶的时候吗?
I do.
记得
I barely remember you hitting a single skeet.
我都不记得你有打中过
I'm a game player.
我是比赛型选手
This afternoon, did you consider that you might hit me?
今天下午,你有想过可能会打到我吗?
I did.
我想到过
It's a good feeling, you know, to shoot a bad guy.
打到坏人,你知道,感觉很好
Really.
真的?
Something you Democrats would never understand.
你们民主党永远都不会了解
Americans were homesteaders.
美国人是恋家的
We want a safe home,
我们希望家人平安
keep the money we make,
收好血汗钱
and shoot bad guys.
射杀坏人
And save the life of someone you love.
保护好你爱的人
Wow. Big day.
哦,这可是大日子
Even for Denny Crane.
就算对丹尼·克兰
I consider myself many things, Denny,
我评价自我的台词很多,丹尼
but being loved has never been one of them.
但是从来没想到过被人爱
And now twice in the same day.
现在,一天听到两次
And..
而且...
the Red Sox won a world series.
波士红袜队得了大联盟冠军
And the Red Sox won a world series.
波士红袜队得了大联盟冠军
You know, Tara told me that once she almost died,
塔拉告诉我她有次差点死掉
and she thought of those who loved her.
想到那些爱她的人
But I found in that moment it wasn't who loved me,
但是我那时想到的不是爱我的人
but rather who I loved.
而是我爱的人
You know whose face I saw, Denny?
你知道是谁吗,丹尼?
Mine.

Liza Minelli
丽莎·米内利
Crazy son of a bitch.
你这疯家伙
Merry Christmas, my friend.
圣诞快乐,我的朋友
And I'd say...
而我得说...
Happy new year, but...
新年快乐,但是...
Next year couldn't possibly be this good.
明年未必胜今夕

分享到
重点单词
  • rehabilitatevt. 改造,使康复,使恢复(名誉等)
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • threateningadj. 威胁(性)的,凶兆的 动词threaten的现
  • instructv. 教,命令,指导 [计算机] 指示
  • arrestvt. 逮捕,拘留 n. 逮捕,拘留 vt. 阻止
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • defusevt. 拆除(炸弹等)的雷管,消除危险,缓和
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支